Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
In case you didnt see my post earlier, it looks like you will be able to do the special ability events twice per day, once in the morning, and once afternoon/evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
UNRELATED:

Star Trek Timelines is a lot better now.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Chilichimp posted:

UNRELATED:

Star Trek Timelines is a lot better now.

How so? Before it was a buggy mess where you didn't actually do anything. Did they just make it a completely different game?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jibo posted:

How so? Before it was a buggy mess where you didn't actually do anything. Did they just make it a completely different game?

less bugs.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Guys, restart you game.

They're giving us some credits and High Level Gear.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I realized ships is never coming and uninstalled after this update. It's pretty great, I recommend it.

Sad, considering it scratched an itch for a moment

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

Challenges are significantly easier now also.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Also it looks like everything uses the faster animations from GW.

:L
Oct 28, 2004

What just happened in game? It asked for a client reset which I did, and when I logged back in there was about ten messages dated from two days ago... And they were full of gems and various equipment. Probably 200 pieces of purple items, not complaining at all but just curious what that was all about, and if anyone else got it. I should have screen shotted but I wanted to collect everything just in case it was a glitch haha.

Prefect Six
Mar 27, 2009

GW still sucks. Welp, was fun while it lasted.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

There's some new Jakku battle, also I got a bunch of "we're sorry" emails with items attached. Might not uninstall yet I guess

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

:L posted:

What just happened in game? It asked for a client reset which I did, and when I logged back in there was about ten messages dated from two days ago... And they were full of gems and various equipment. Probably 200 pieces of purple items, not complaining at all but just curious what that was all about, and if anyone else got it. I should have screen shotted but I wanted to collect everything just in case it was a glitch haha.

It's an apology for the difficulty of the challenges so they gave everyone the rewards from the max rank of the challenges plus some gems.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Official note here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/28768/community-update-4-15-2016#latest

quote:

We pushed out an update tonight that adjusted the difficulty of challenges, making them more in line with the difficulty they were prior to the update.
Because there were so many players who were unable to complete the Strength and Agility Challenges yesterday and today, we sent out max rewards for all tiers to each player.

We increase the speed of combat animations for both manual and auto throughout the game to be the same as Galactic War. The combat animation speeds in Galactic War are currently the fastest we have in the game. This should assist with Arena battles that were going past the 5 minute timer, and also make the game feel faster overall.

While we will not be making any changes tonight to Galactic War, we have heard your feedback and will be discussing possible adjustments that we can make in order to make the experience more enjoyable for players. More information on this next week

This is actually a pretty quick response, all things considered.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Official note here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/28768/community-update-4-15-2016#latest

This is actually a pretty quick response, all things considered.

Doubled rewards are always fantastic

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Doubled rewards are always fantastic

That they are. Nice.

The new events are pretty neat, too. Easy money, ability mats and whatever omega is.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
If you fight the same person two times in a row in arena, your protection won't come back up in the second game :v:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yeah, they did fix the INT challenge for sure. Windu is no longer a lawnmower.

iGestalt posted:

That they are. Nice.

The new events are pretty neat, too. Easy money, ability mats and whatever omega is.

I believe Omega mats are what you eventually need to gear toons past IX.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Yeah, they did fix the INT challenge for sure. Windu is no longer a lawnmower.

I believe Omega mats are what you eventually need to gear toons past IX.

I thought it was for leveling maxxed abilities.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

I thought it was for leveling maxxed abilities.

Yeah you're right :doh:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I'm struggling to beat the normal Light Side battles now - the enemies are only in their 30s and my team is all 49-51 but I'm still getting pounded.
Also Poe's taunt ability is nice for debuffing the enemy but my god do I wish it wasn't a taunt. That guy takes a hit like wet toilet paper.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I'm struggling to beat the normal Light Side battles now - the enemies are only in their 30s and my team is all 49-51 but I'm still getting pounded.
Also Poe's taunt ability is nice for debuffing the enemy but my god do I wish it wasn't a taunt. That guy takes a hit like wet toilet paper.

Poe is an Arena tank, not a PvE tank.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Wow, Fives is a serious pain in the rear end on defense now. I think the right order for Cantina Battle Shipments is now QGJ > Daka > Fives

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Wow, Fives is a serious pain in the rear end on defense now. I think the right order for Cantina Battle Shipments is now QGJ > Daka > Fives

I concur, he is annoying.

I still wouldn't buy -him- over anything else. I feel like a Rebel team would really shine in this meta, so maybe Hoth Rebel Scout would be worthwhile.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 16, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I concur, he is annoying.

I'm actually kinda scared of Dooku, RG, Daka, Fives, and Ben. There's just so much health and survivability it'll drive you crazy. Savage and Barriss can fill in for Fives, Ben, or Daka (RG is definitely a necessity though). Daka and Barriss is also a pretty brutal combination. For now, I'm still running Dooku, QGJ, Rey, RG, Daka on offence though. You need a lot of burst and a lot of survivability at this point to get through the Dooku + Fives teams. I particularly like my comp because it has 3 stuns, two ways to get offence up, and an assist. Rey can be replaced by GS if you don't have her to 6 yet.

I almost have Ewok Elder to 5, and I just got Barriss to 7, so I'm getting started on Chief Chirpa. Can't way to have an all 5+ star Ewok squad. It'll at least be fun in GW until I get them pvp ready. Their turn meter manipulation is actually really scary.

e:

Chilichimp posted:

I still wouldn't buy -him- over anything else. I feel like a Rebel team would really shine in this meta, so maybe Hoth Rebel Scout would be worthwhile.

The problem with a rebel team is the lack of a farmable Leia. Also, All the rebels took pretty big hits to their damage, which was mostly already middling or bad. Luke is really, really bad now.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/29069/game-update-4-16-2016

EA_Jesse posted:

Lando Calrissian is now a “Rebel"

Nevermind, LONG LIVE THE REBEL ALLIANCE

Also, this is really long overdue

EA_Jesse posted:

Qui-Gon Jinn's Humbling Blow will now correctly grant Offense Up even when defeating its target (Once upgraded to grant Offense Up on Dispel.)

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Apr 16, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

The problem with a rebel team is the lack of a farmable Leia. Also, All the rebels took pretty big hits to their damage, which was mostly already middling or bad. Luke is really, really bad now.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/29069/game-update-4-16-2016

Nevermind, LONG LIVE THE REBEL ALLIANCE

Also, this is really long overdue

No true, paired with Phasma, he's a shitwrecker.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Is Lando a scoundrel still or just a rebel?

edit: he's both! I was worried for a second

kaschei fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 17, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Auto mode GW barriss/JC/lum/ahsoka/QGJ first seven matches then auto phasma/dooku/daka/poggle/ig86 last three matches.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cowofwar posted:

Auto mode GW barriss/JC/lum/ahsoka/QGJ first seven matches then auto phasma/dooku/daka/poggle/ig86 last three matches.

How long did it take you?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I dont think anyone answered me but how do i get credits to level up my guys im level 72 but none of my guys are higher than 56 lol

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

I dont think anyone answered me but how do i get credits to level up my guys im level 72 but none of my guys are higher than 56 lol

Finish GW every day, do credit challenge 9x/week, stop leveling all of your toons and focus on ~10 that you're going to keep up for Arena and GW.

hth

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

MarcusSA posted:

How long did it take you?
20 minutes? I had to step in once due to a cheese team but it was much faster than playing manually. Having 4/5 squad members able to throw heals makes things easy. On the later rounds when the teams get harder I am more willing to let my dudes die as I have many on the bench. If any of the jedi die I can sub in Obi-wan, yoda, mace or eeth.

Seems building a light side healer team and a dark side stun team are the best bets to just auto through GW.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 17, 2016

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I decided to do GW today and there's no way that the teams I fought from like the third battle on could be auto battled by anything.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Jerkface posted:

Higher level missions give more credits/XP (and Normal is better than Hard for credits). All missions of the same level give the same credits but you get more droids from missions further along the progression. Grind items from high-level normal missions to eke out a few extra credits.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jibo posted:

I decided to do GW today and there's no way that the teams I fought from like the third battle on could be auto battled by anything.

Yeah that's how all of my GW battles go so I was curious how he managed to do that.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I don't know if I have an easy server but all my dudes are 6* or 7* level 73 with G8 or G9. I sit ~150 in the arena rank. I blew through them yesterday as well so I don't think it's a one-time deal.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

My server must be harder. I'm rank 60 and I only managed to auto my way through the first 6 battles before everything went to poo poo.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Just to be clear when I auto I still control targeting. Also if someone dies I'll take control, retreat and then control a bit more.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Wasn't there some guy who 7* Jedi Knight Guardian? Seems like jkg got some solid buffs.

Also is there some sort of bug with magnaguard? Mine did absolutely absurd amounts of work in the tank challenge today.

Also wonder how a ashoka led team with qgj, lumi, dakka and assaij. +14% evade with +20% turn meter on evade might be pretty nice

xyigx fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Apr 17, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

xyigx posted:

Wasn't there some guy who 7* Jedi Knight Guardian? Seems like jkg got some solid buffs.

Nope, still trash. Maybe for that arena stall team, but now that they increased animation speed, it's probably killable in 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doogle
May 24, 2003

(I also have IG86 and Yoda at 7* but they are level 1)

I've been playing since day 1 but basically just chose characters to level that I liked instead of who was good. I use Phasma(L)/Lumi/Sid/QGJ/Ahsoka as my main team, but plan on replacing Ahsoka with Kylo after I get his skills higher and using my cantina energy to get dooku to 7* after Kylo. I am using the tokens to get IG88 shards (6* right now), daka (4*), and poggle (5*). I'm having problems with GW usually on the last two battles, and usually stay sub-200 on arena.

Is Kylo the only dude that can get gear 9 right now without unobtainable pieces? I'm about half way to have the Mk5 stun gun to get him to gear 9.

• Locked thread