Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have yet to solo the Dancer but U can dodge her move set like a freaking pro. Sometimes she catches me though and then the rest of the combo hits me and I die. I'm close though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh right you can start with a red eye orb. If you do it right you could get a perma orb in like 10 minutes, wow.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or you can rush the demon and get a pale tongue and kill the boss right afterward almost as fast. Undead Settlement is ftw.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah running through the undead settlement again in ng+ like 75% of it is optional including the weed boss

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
cool thing i just noticed: when you run and jump if you let go of the stick before you hand you will stick the landing. if you hold forward you will roll when landing

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the implications in the lore on how the big tree isnt in your way at all you just go in there and gently caress it up just because :eyepop:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna make a low level PVP guy next and see what I can do with whip + caestus pwnage

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

fire caestus ftw

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also since the Pontiffs Left Eye works on players I bet you can do some gross poo poo with caestus L1 combos

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I started a new character to try things im not doing on my main

i blitzed the path to the right of the cult burning in US and found a cage NPC that made me go uhhhhhhhh

Then i killed the lady in front of the ladder by vordt and UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh, the pyromancy flame comes with a free "combustion" spell as the weapon skill, but it is incredibly weak. like, punching with the flame in hand will deal way more fire damage lmao and actually the pyromancy flame punch is perfect for dealing w/ stuff that has an acute weakness to fire like the snake monsters and tar blobs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

cool thing i just noticed: when you run and jump if you let go of the stick before you hand you will stick the landing. if you hold forward you will roll when landing

they perfected the platforming element for the game that has little to no platforming in it lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

they perfected the platforming element for the game that has little to no platforming in it lmao

Lets be honest. Nobody wanted a platforming element. Anyway there's two 'falling puzzles' like how you got to The Gulch in DS2 except they're both optional. However they both contain sw33t l00t.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think I've ever invaded somebody who didn't have a phantom with them. Is that how invasion works now or is it just that hella people are summoning.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Game just hard crashed my console again, this time in Firelink. Just talking to Andre.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I don't think I've ever invaded somebody who didn't have a phantom with them. Is that how invasion works now or is it just that hella people are summoning.

you need to be cindered, and people in NG largely only remember to cinder when they need help.

i say hang back and wait for backup since it usually comes right away

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

you need to be cindered, and people in NG largely only remember to cinder when they need help.

i say hang back and wait for backup since it usually comes right away

I have been idling for like 5 minutes and no second summon. Kinda annoyed at all these 3v1s.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
when you beat an invader's rear end, and he tries to lure you into the dragons in Lothric Castle, but you have a Tree of Giants Seed

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Larry Parrish posted:

Lets be honest. Nobody wanted a platforming element. Anyway there's two 'falling puzzles' like how you got to The Gulch in DS2 except they're both optional. However they both contain sw33t l00t.

there's a way to bypass part of the crypt at the start by heading to the right and falling down a few platforms

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

gently caress I can't get through Abyss Watchers' second phase for the life of me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Invading randoms is way more boring that watchdogs. I wish that covenant worked.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm 0-8 right now. One orb left. Every person I invade runs back to the bonfire and summons two phantoms. Homos.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
When you Sunbro at Illithyl to help out and make it a long way only to get got by the surprise crocodile monster in the waterway<<<<<<<<

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was getting tons of hits with watchdogs but I started using it as soon as I got there. I was under level 30 with a plus 2

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Dan Didio posted:

when you beat an invader's rear end, and he tries to lure you into the dragons in Lothric Castle, but you have a Tree of Giants Seed

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

In Training posted:

I'm 0-8 right now. One orb left. Every person I invade runs back to the bonfire and summons two phantoms. Homos.

what weapon are you using? i have lost less than 10 times in dozens of invasions. like i said before i dont consider myself that great or anything, but the refined longsword with high dex and str is just fuckin insanely sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was using whatever the cleric starts with. I was trying my hand at low level invasions

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
at work til 7am just thinking about dark souls and sighing

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I was using whatever the cleric starts with. I was trying my hand at low level invasions

I dunno, I couldn't go a minute between invasions when I did it a few days ago

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

I dunno, I couldn't go a minute between invasions when I did it a few days ago

Oh that wasn't the issue. I put the item down and would get summoned instantaneously. It was just always without 3v1 which was kinda lame.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Man I really don't like the demon king fight.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

Lmfao.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well now that I've been summoning for it, it doesn't seem as bad for other people. Literally every single attack of his one shots me but this doesn't seem to be the case for hosts in seeing. Maybe I'll return later

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Abyss Watchers is loving me up seriously. I don't want to have to summon to beat it but I'm getting pretty frustrated

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Oh that wasn't the issue. I put the item down and would get summoned instantaneously. It was just always without 3v1 which was kinda lame.

I was doing red soap stone in Iyrthyl the other day and people kept fighting me 1v2 there too. Its like dude, really?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You know what's loving amazing? The game automatically mutes the music if you are listening to Spotify

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Abyss Watchers is loving me up seriously. I don't want to have to summon to beat it but I'm getting pretty frustrated

There always second playthroughs. There were definitely bosses I summoned for and then returned to on a new character to solo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not in this game but in DS1/2.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Well now that I've been summoning for it, it doesn't seem as bad for other people. Literally every single attack of his one shots me but this doesn't seem to be the case for hosts in seeing. Maybe I'll return later

did you never get the fire defense ring from where the moundmakers cage guy was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Man I really don't like the demon king fight.

yeah it's surprisingly hard

• Locked thread