Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

You Am I posted:

Seb salty as gently caress, Danii don't care

Lmao I'm on the podium so it's okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Kyvat is under pressure so this is good.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Looks like they cool now.

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Germany's Eddie Jordan?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Oh great, the poor man's Bruno is interviewing

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Kyvat is under pressure so this is good.

I don't like Kyvat but I'm rooting for him because them kicking out Daniel Ricciardo would be hilarious

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Kyvat laughing as seb bitches has earned him points in my book.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Alain Post posted:

I don't like Kyvat but I'm rooting for him because them kicking out Daniel Ricciardo would be hilarious

As if, Are Dan was cutting about a second a lap faster than Fraud Dan

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh. My wing is hosed.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

learnincurve posted:

Kyvat laughing as seb bitches has earned him points in my book.

Then sprayed him in the face with the champers, now Ted saying that they kept arguing about it in the conference lol.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Kvyat for driver of the day. http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/vote.html

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Seb still can't let it go. I don't think he's spoken to marchionne yet.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
scud dud's crash flub

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
The safety car made the first 30 laps exciting (I found the rest of the race rather dull), but it had to have been caused by some awful marshaling. The collisions which caused the debris all occurred on the first lap. One the first lap you have 70-80 seconds to run out and clear it before any cars come back around.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Fantastic race if your name is Nico Rosberg

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
So was this one worth watching? I've decided that WEC and IndyCar are as much racing as I can watch today, but was gonna watch this on Monday or something if it was good.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

George Zimmer posted:

So was this one worth watching? I've decided that WEC and IndyCar are as much racing as I can watch today, but was gonna watch this on Monday or something if it was good.

It was good for 2/3rds of the race, but kinda petered out at the end.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
:\ F1 isn't dead, this thread truly is the worst.

The race was loving awesome from start to end and the only people who will say it wasn't are those that are only interested in wheel to wheel racing at the front, while they are playing the video game.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

learnincurve posted:

:\ F1 isn't dead, this thread truly is the worst.

The race was loving awesome from start to end and the only people who will say it wasn't are those that are only interested in wheel to wheel racing at the front, while they are playing the video game.

It's OK to admit that the race was only good for most of it, because sometimes that would be a massive improvement.

All three races this season have been good though, despite Nico running away with it each time.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
That was a fun race.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What's the cliffnotes version of the race?

What happened to Team America?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
reality

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

pik_d posted:

It's OK to admit that the race was only good for most of it, because sometimes that would be a massive improvement.

All three races this season have been good though, despite Nico running away with it each time.

the :\ part was because George Zimmer was one of the ones arguing that f1 was dying because viewing figures were down and just asked if he should watch a f1 race in the f1 thread with a straight face.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

learnincurve posted:

the :\ part was because George Zimmer was one of the ones arguing that f1 was dying because viewing figures were down and just asked if he should watch a f1 race in the f1 thread with a straight face.

Hey, I still love the sport and always have, but I've been a fan long enough to know that some races can be skipped.

Still think F1 is going downward, sorry. This season has been good this far though and new regs are on the horizon, so maybe that'll change.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
What a top race I loved it. I have really enjoyed this season so far.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Three great races on the trot and they are not flukes, they are because the main pack is close enough to each other to be able to fight, hell there was even a manor in fourth at one point, and also because the three tyre thing has brought genuinely interesting strategy into play to the point that it was a 2-6 stop race in China. F1 is fine.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Why are you posting here. It's WEC 6h of Silverstone right now!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Hail the return of whiney little boy Vettel.

:qq: Why did you pass me :qq:
:haw: Thats racing :haw:

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

learnincurve posted:

Three great races on the trot and they are not flukes, they are because the main pack is close enough to each other to be able to fight, hell there was even a manor in fourth at one point, and also because the three tyre thing has brought genuinely interesting strategy into play to the point that it was a 2-6 stop race in China. F1 is fine.

I will watch this race.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

The haw emote is pretty much exactly how Kvyat looked when arguing with Seb. Uncanny.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I fell asleep with two laps to go, is it worth watching the room of awkwardness?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

1500quidporsche posted:

I fell asleep with two laps to go, is it worth watching the room of awkwardness?

Yeah, then Seb being a bitch in the podium interview "well I didn't see it from his point of view so you cant blah blah blah"

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Riso posted:

Why are you posting here. It's WEC 6h of Silverstone right now!
Where can I watch it?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

pik_d posted:

Yeah, then Seb being a bitch in the podium interview "well I didn't see it from his point of view so you cant blah blah blah"

and then turned on him (Kyvat) again in the press room winners interview while he tried not to openly not piss himself laughing.

That's not even counting all the whining to the press he did on his own.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
its worth watching for sure

Vettel went full wicka and cant admit he hosed up so hes doubling and tripling down on it

Dubs fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 17, 2016

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Boring as gently caress race

Fell asleep halfway through

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dubs posted:

its worth watching for sure

Vettel went full wicka and can admit he hosed up so hes doubling and tripling down on it

well dont try to pass me on the inside!!!!!!

the midfield battle this year is gonna be duuuumb

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

El Hefe posted:

Boring as gently caress race

Fell asleep halfway through

Good race tbh wtf was you watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

djssniper posted:

Good race tbh wtf was you watching

Venezuela travelled forward in time by half an hour to save electricity so he must have tuned in for the safety car.

• Locked thread