Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Captain Oblivious posted:

DS3 kinda peaks at Pontiff Sulyvahn and the rest is all downhill.

The hot takes are rolling in fast this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
I wasn't expecting to find a statue of a Primordial Serpent in Lothric Castle, to be honest. Kind of cool that they hid it there in plain sight.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Dan Didio posted:

The hot takes are rolling in fast this time.

Not too different from DS1 going downhill post Ornstein and Smough really.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

So I'm making my way through Irithyll, level 43. Any perspectives on if I'm under/over leveled?

Orv
May 4, 2011

DS3 kinda peaks at Pontiff Sulyvahn and the rest is all downhill.

I like plenty of fights after that, but I think a couple of them verge needlessly on cruelty rather than challenge.

Orv
May 4, 2011

a cop posted:

So I'm making my way through Irithyll, level 43. Any perspectives on if I'm under/over leveled?

On this thread and small snippits elsewhere I'd say considerably under, but I was too and it wasn't too bad.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Is there any penalty for disconnecting on invaders?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I wasn't expecting to find a statue of a Primordial Serpent in Lothric Castle, to be honest. Kind of cool that they hid it there in plain sight.

Yeah, I thought that was super cool too. I want some DLC right now because I feel like there is a pile of stuff that could use some fleshing out that has the hints of plot threads.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Orv posted:

On this thread and small snippits elsewhere I'd say considerably under, but I was too and it wasn't too bad.

Sweet, that's what I was hoping. Want to get a ton of estus and such and then pvp in the lower brackets :getin:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I know people hated how bluecops in 2 basically just didn't work, but I'm finding the alternative of the bluecop covenant being functional to be quite a bit worse. It's basically impossible to find a fair 1 on 1 fight. I can occasionally get a kill with ambush tactics, but I'm really getting hungry for some actual fights.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Jack and poo poo, and if having the crystal slotted as an invader isn't the most pathetic thing in video games I don't know what could be.

E: Read that the wrong way around, point as I thought you were asking stands.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

Tonight I've hit what I truly would call a wall in a very late game boss. Lorian and Lothric. I can't get the hang of dodging even Lorian consistantly. His teleports gently caress me up. Once Lothric climbs on, I'm completely hosed. I finally called it for the night because I wasn't making any progress or getting any better. I'll come back to it tomorrow but does anyone have any tips?

Chaos Fireball melts this boss in quick due to its lava.
30 second boss fight.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

I agree, that was also a stupid thing to think.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

its a reference, clearly

also will that mean the DLC areas are gonna be the absolute best in the game?
i guess that holds true across all the souls games+bloodborne but the level design in ds3 is so aces

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

if you do it a lot you'll get banned from playing with other people. if your internet disconnects, you alt + f4, the game crashes, or any other way of disconnecting from an invasion it counts towards that. you will have to use your one time use way of white circlet to unban yourself.

crystal does not affect this at all afaik

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Hahahah gently caress yes I win!

Irithyll super hard fight

beat those two giant dog rat mouth fuckers. I mean not both at once, but still I won!!!!!!. I busted out a longbow and got one's attention from the area by the ladder, and fought and killed it there. Then killed the other.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I remember seeing someone mention that Onionbro is hanging around the well at the start of the Cathedral.

He's not there. Have I missed a vital Onionbro step? :ohdear:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

il serpente cosmico posted:

If you are going for a dex build, it's definitely worth it to go sharp. As you upgrade the weapon, the scaling stat will improve even more, and as you build towards 40 Dex you get a huge damage bonus. The other nice thing is that you can still buff sharp weapons with spells or resins. If you infuse something with fire or whatever, you can't do that, so the damage ceiling is lower.

Word, thanks. So basically not a bad idea to stick with something else until my dex is high enough for sharp to pay off though right? It looks like I can just swap out infusions anyways.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

I honestly think I might just be done with this game. I feel like I've wasted 40 hours of my life to get to a big sign that just says "gently caress you."

Anxiously awaiting the "I woke up this morning and beat it my first try :shrug:" post tomorrow

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Aldrich was piss easy once I realsied that the Great Magic Shield buff means that you can block every single of his attacks and spells. I really enjoyed just standing in the hail of arrows blocking and taking no damage.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I am getting really loving upset. I have attempted Dancer of the BV approximately 10 times with summons. 7 of them the summons couldn't get through the fog door, 3 of them my framerate tanked and kicked me out of the game. This has never happened on any boss, during any summons, ever before in this game. I'm seriously in a rage right now just trying to play my goddamn game

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
This game owns. My only complaint is that I keep getting the bug where everyone in online play walks around in the reference pose.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
loving patches. How do I reraise the platform he dropped to trick me I the giant poopsmith keep?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dancer.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Buck Turgidson posted:

This game owns. My only complaint is that I keep getting the bug where everyone in online play walks around in the reference pose.

Is this a PC thing? I keep hearing about this but I've never seen it on PS4.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Anal Surgery posted:

I am getting really loving upset. I have attempted Dancer of the BV approximately 10 times with summons. 7 of them the summons couldn't get through the fog door, 3 of them my framerate tanked and kicked me out of the game. This has never happened on any boss, during any summons, ever before in this game. I'm seriously in a rage right now just trying to play my goddamn game

Mine also shits itself to death on Dancer, but nowhere else. You'll have to turn down your resolution.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Pontiff was loving great

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I find it hard to believe the game is gonna top the Yohrm fight when it comes to disappointments.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
I'm at the Distant Manor at SL54 and can't find anyone around, am I overlevelled?

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Orv posted:

Mine also shits itself to death on Dancer, but nowhere else. You'll have to turn down your resolution.

guess so. had dancer down to 20% solo and it poo poo itself anyway, kicked me out, reset my progress.

i mean really

Orv
May 4, 2011

I, Butthole posted:

I'm at the Distant Manor at SL54 and can't find anyone around, am I overlevelled?

You're a smidge on the low side actually. The issue probably stems from being at an interstitial bonfire, push on to the next one.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Is there a way people can gently caress with bluebro summoning in this game? I got summoned but there was no invader, the host had a red name and started beating the poo poo out of me, and all the mobs ignored him to aggro me instead.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Do I just have to run past the big worm thing in smouldering lake to get through the fog gate to find a route to the giant?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

I remember seeing someone mention that Onionbro is hanging around the well at the start of the Cathedral.

He's not there. Have I missed a vital Onionbro step? :ohdear:

Look closer.

Much closer.

Patches continues to be a lovable rear end in a top hat.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Mazerunner posted:

Hahahah gently caress yes I win!

Irithyll super hard fight

beat those two giant dog rat mouth fuckers. I mean not both at once, but still I won!!!!!!. I busted out a longbow and got one's attention from the area by the ladder, and fought and killed it there. Then killed the other.

gently caress these assholes. There's no reason for them to hit as hard as they do.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jose posted:

Do I just have to run past the big worm thing in smouldering lake to get through the fog gate to find a route to the giant?

The worm is killable and the route to the ballista is in the other direction.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Popehoist posted:

Is there a way people can gently caress with bluebro summoning in this game? I got summoned but there was no invader, the host had a red name and started beating the poo poo out of me, and all the mobs ignored him to aggro me instead.

that was an invader wearing a ring that makes you look like a host

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Which direction? I found the cave with the crystal lizards and also went to where the chaos gem was

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Jose posted:

Which direction? I found the cave with the crystal lizards and also went to where the chaos gem was

e; I don't know why I thought you were the person talking about Siegward

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Orv posted:

You're a smidge on the low side actually.

This is my eternal co-op curse in these games. Is everyone just killing everything all the time? I'm always terminally short of souls yet below the level thresholds for summoning. I had to farm two entire areas to see signs for Pontiff.