Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

did you never get the fire defense ring from where the moundmakers cage guy was?

Moundmaker cage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Moundmaker cage?

yeah, the guy with the cage on his back that whisks you off to the hole in the ground. theres a flame stoneplate ring near him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never found that guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmfao I got summoned to a guys room and then he got killed by a ballista shot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been dying to this boss for upwards of 45 minutes straight and it's driving me prodromal.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

an amazing bug that kept happening at farron keep where i invade a world but the host is already well into the boss fight

one time there was even a white phantom who was also stuck outside, confused and i killed him. but the host eventually won so i didnt get the kill

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I've been dying to this boss for upwards of 45 minutes straight and it's driving me prodromal.

This is me with Abyss Watchers

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Wolnir is really annoying when he keeps his hands close to him. gently caress that guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lmao I tried to just solo him and just beat him first try. I'm gonna upload the replay because I stumbled on a sick strat for that guy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

This is me with Abyss Watchers

If you're really really tapped I will help you. I can get summoned for it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Sunbroed around with a guy for 45 minutes or so. Got the Pontiff down to half health then got wrecked by his blade beam. I hope you conquered him in my stead, friend.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Hey if anyone is having trouble with Pontiff Sullivan and want to feel like a badass, try parrying him. Most satisfying fight for me yet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually I can't because whenever I try try to access that video clip my console freezes. This game is kind of a mess...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Holy gently caress I just beat Abyss Watchers. I'm literally shaking

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Holy gently caress I just beat Abyss Watchers. I'm literally shaking

Goongrats

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy gently caress it's expensive to get rid of the dark sigil.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think they upped it. Or my first playthrough was bugged. Even at 99 hollow and capped sigils the fire keeper told me it was only 37k souls to fix. I've heard ppl say much bigger numbers now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I think they upped it. Or my first playthrough was bugged. Even at 99 hollow and capped sigils the fire keeper told me it was only 37k souls to fix. I've heard ppl say much bigger numbers now

I need 80k.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i remember playing the beta high wall of lothric and thinking drat, look at that huge castle. i guess they arent doing that thing where every room you can see exists and has stuff anymore. that castle is just impossibly big and theres no way the whole game takes place there this isnt castlevania. the first level might be longer than this but not that much longer. that must be a facade, a skybox or something. well not only is it really that big but if you want its also really the first level.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You know what's loving amazing? The game automatically mutes the music if you are listening to Spotify

No freaking way

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
What the hell; completing Irina's quest turns her into a full fledged Firekeeper and lets you level up through her.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMRHZat5DVw

i had to swap controllers back and forth to get this app to work but i did. watching the video again its incredible how assy this fight is. feels incomplete to me, nothing works like this in souls games except for like a random chalice dungeon buss in bloodborne that nobody cares about anway, not a drat dark souls boss! come on son.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

HolePisser1982 posted:

yeah, the guy with the cage on his back that whisks you off to the hole in the ground. theres a flame stoneplate ring near him

I cut down the body with the ring on it then accidentally bumped it over the cliff when I went to loot it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
10 invasions in a row and everyone is gliding around and the NPCs dont react to me (im being an absolute madman atm)

FTW

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

What the hell; completing Irina's quest turns her into a full fledged Firekeeper and lets you level up through her.

can you give her the eyes???

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

can you give her the eyes???

I don't know. She just has 'level up' as an option, and she's dressed in a unique Fire Keeper's robe, in the Fire Keeper's tomb. I'll check once I get to that point on this character, though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wtf. Every single person I've invaded in the past hour has been T-pose gliding. I actually killed a few somehow but that's beside the point. This happened maybe one in ten times just yesterday.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bobnumerotres posted:

oh, the pyromancy flame comes with a free "combustion" spell as the weapon skill, but it is incredibly weak. like, punching with the flame in hand will deal way more fire damage lmao and actually the pyromancy flame punch is perfect for dealing w/ stuff that has an acute weakness to fire like the snake monsters and tar blobs

You can also just use the torch , if I equip it in my offhand I can hit L2 like twice and kill a tar blob as opposed to 5 or 6 hits with my +6 butcher knife

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I heard some ppl posit that it's based on your level/how many souls it takes you to level up, multiplied by your # of sigils. Not sure if that's correct but it would make sense of the drastically different numbers that people are seeing. Do you remember what part of the game you were in/what ballpark level range you were around when you saw that 37k figure?

edit: like if you were in the late 20s somewhere where it takes just below 10k to level and had all 5 sigils when you checked the option out that would line up pretty well

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Sad to think that all the terror and misery in this dying world could have been avoided if [Consumed King boss spoilers]: Gwyn had known that he didn't need the first flame to defeat the dragons, just stand under their belly and they can't hurt you.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

goferchan posted:

I heard some ppl posit that it's based on your level/how many souls it takes you to level up, multiplied by your # of sigils. Not sure if that's correct but it would make sense of the drastically different numbers that people are seeing. Do you remember what part of the game you were in/what ballpark level range you were around when you saw that 37k figure?

edit: like if you were in the late 20s somewhere where it takes just below 10k to level and had all 5 sigils when you checked the option out that would line up pretty well

I don't have the jpn version installed any more but it was 37k when I hit 5 sigils and I was like lv30-45 and I beat the game at level 75 ish with more sigils and I swear iy never went higher than 37k.

I could be wrong tho. Idk. No big deal

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

Sad to think that all the terror and misery in this dying world could have been avoided if [Consumed King boss spoilers]: Gwyn had known that he didn't need the first flame to defeat the dragons, just stand under their belly and they can't hurt you.

ck wasnt a very hard fight but it was freaky and so was his area

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

In Training posted:

I need 80k.

I needed 456k lmao

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

This game is so loving good

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

For whoever asked, R.E., what I posted about Irina and the end of her quest: you cannot give her the Fire Keepers' Eyes, probably because the betrayal and destruction came about because of someone killing their actual firekeeper in that world.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

ck wasnt a very hard fight but it was freaky and so was his area

I didn't mind Yhorm being easy because it was a great capstone to Siegward's questline and the experience was awesome as it was, but I wish Oceiros had more to him because there's not really a lot to digest or make the fight more meaningful or awesome other than that he talks.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

In Training posted:

I need 80k.

I figure healing the dark sigil entails paying for all your shady-rear end lvl ups gained to that point, probably based on how much they'd cost at your current level

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

watchers of the abyss

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

watchers of the abyss

Oh My God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
these catacombs are harder than any place i can remember in dark souls or bloodborne.

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Apr 17, 2016

• Locked thread