Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Doesn't even stop the man. A shameful illegal tackle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Fair play to Hoyland though, took it like a champ.

Should have been a yellow at least. High, no arms, stopping a try being scored. The only thing is wasn't was late.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Holy poo poo, the Sunwolves are bad.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

Holy poo poo, the Sunwolves are bad.

Well, they are the only team in Super Rugby based in the Northern Hemisphere. :smugdog:

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

goatface posted:

Doesn't even stop the man. A shameful illegal tackle.

It doesn't show it in that clip but McFadden had to go off afterwards. Shameful indeed.

Vagabundo posted:

Well, they are the only team in Super Rugby based in the Northern Hemisphere. :smugdog:

:negative:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

How do you explain Southern Kings and Jagueres then?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Aramoro posted:

And the Waratahs?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Unimpressed posted:

And the Waratahs?

According to Daryl Gibson, it's all Eddie Jones' fault that the Waratahs are bad...

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Glasgow are destroying Scarlets. It is most entertaining.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

HappyCamperGL posted:

Watching Liam Williams getting hammered by Rob Harley and Taqele Naiyaravoro was good to see.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Vaders Jester posted:

According to Daryl Gibson, it's all Eddie Jones' fault that the Waratahs are bad...

So it was Eddie Jones who convinced Cheika to take the wallabies job? Or maybe Eddie told him to sign the only Kiwi prop who has no ball handling skills?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

HappyCamperGL posted:

Glasgow are just going to romp to the title aren't they? Between them and Leinster they make an already dodgy league look terrible.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Glasgow are just going to romp to the title aren't they? Between them and Leinster they make an already dodgy league look terrible.

Yeah. We're definitely hitting form at the right time.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Same as last year. Glasgow hit their stride with a couple of games to go and looked unstoppable though Connacht just pumped Munster so that could be an interesting game on the 7th.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Aramoro posted:

Southern Kings and Jaguares have won games.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

Southern Kings and Jaguares have won games.

So have Zebre and Treviso but they're still not good teams.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

Vaders Jester posted:

No, it's that time of the decade where the tahs decided to be utterly awful as a team.

Which is a shame because last nights match showed they had the players and the ability to pressure the oppositions try line, yet none of the ability to finish it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Half time @ Blues v Dragons and it's 18-8 to the Blues. I've come home from the pub so I don't rip the TV off the wall and throw it out the window. Fortunately it's on S4C so no one will be able to actually watch the game.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Cardiff Blues seem to have chosen the old Sega font for their alt. kit

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
If you feel like watching poo poo rugby, Sacramento are playing San Francisco in USA Pro Rugby's tv debut

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/04/14/watch-live-pro-rugby-makes-debut-in-the-united-states/21344397/

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

The commentators are an improvement over the usual US doofs...

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

butros posted:

The commentators are an improvement over the usual US doofs...

I don't think I've ever been happier to hear an Australian accent

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

How is it?

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

I don't want to judge as it's only 10 minutes in but it's been fairly poor, a lot of these players wouldn't be professionals anywhere else in the world. They are trying to play some good rugby though and maybe in a few weeks the teams will have gelled and there will be some good matches

tag youre fat fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 18, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, AOL still exists.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was an absurdly high miss-pass and he could have put his winger in an ambulance.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
I judged these lads too early, surprisingly high level of individual skill on show

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
This is legitimately the best rugby I've watched in weeks :{

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bergamasco minor, still not the best kicker in the world.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Holy poo poo, it's actually Mirco Bergamasco? He was playing in the Pro 12 a few weeks ago. I guess they put this league together REALLY quick?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yep, I had to look it up and check because I refused to believe it.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

AOL Pro Rugby 101

* CARRY BALL TO WHITE LINE

* PUSH OVER PUNY MEN WHO TRY TO STOP YOU

Please enjoy our noble sport, America.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I'd say these lads have never even heard of a jumper let alone how to stick it up theirs.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
A lot of errors now, some of the players look very tired which is fair enough in this heat.

I think one of the players just had to tell the ref he stands under the posts when giving a penalty try

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

The idea of just blaring air horns at the kicker is something that could really catch on.

:siren:RUGBY:siren:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

How's the crowd?

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
The amount of cramp is unreal. Stupid time of the year to be playing. Nevermind that it's 15 men against 13 so a lot harder.

One player should be getting a lengthy ban for a silly eye gouge. Caught right on camera.

Edit:

Mister Chief posted:

How's the crowd?

Commentator said 3400.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

How's the crowd?

4,000. They only fill up one of the stands, but they seem really into it. It's actually a really tense game at this point.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Mrenda posted:

One player should be getting a lengthy ban for a silly eye gouge. Caught right on camera.

Rugby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

This is probably the most 'rugby' game of the rugby possible. Sacramento just won it with a loving drop goal out of nowhere.

Edit : I mean, they won it because Bergamasco can kick, while nobody on either team can catch the ball while running, but it was really fun.

Tyma fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 18, 2016