Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Wait so is the "flame" that needs to be linked the sun? Because the sky gets darker as you progress because the sun is getting sucked away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

Fun fact if you mess up and let Siegward die in that fight you don't get a second chance at finishing it properly, and dude's just dead when you next try the fight.

I've never felt worse about taking too long to kill a boss. Trust me Onionbro, NG+ I'll do it properly. You'll get to see your duty through.

same, I couldn't work out how to use the weapon p[roperly :(

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The Usurpation of Fire ending is also extremely cool.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

spnt all day playing yesterday lmoa, got like 20 tongues int he catacombs nd beat the old demon king. smolderng lake is fuckin amaze, insanely cool zone. jjust got to irythill nd got my rear end wrecked in half, this game is so fuckin good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

findng the sweet lady nd quelana's corpse curled up undr her...the feels...

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

lol someone at From's translation team was smart enough to anticipate something trying to infuse a Dark Sword with Dark.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dan Didio posted:

lol someone at From's translation team was smart enough to anticipate something trying to infuse a Dark Sword with Dark.

What does it get named

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
can someone please tell me where hayzel invades in the poison swamp?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

What does it get named

Reinforced Dark Sword.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

lmao ive just run around there cindered and he invades eventually. but then i have to wait like 20 minutes for him to find me. it doesnt help that he's using loving invisibility spells

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

He can also invade in the regular crab swamp

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It's pretty fun to summon the NPc purple phantoms and just kite them through the whole level and see how far they can get on their own lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Also saddest moment in a souls game yet is definitely when you bring Andre the coal from the dead giant blacksmith :(

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

He can also invade in the regular crab swamp

I missed this one on this playthrough and it's necessary to get the only gesture that I missed.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Dan Didio posted:

I missed this one on this playthrough and it's necessary to get the only gesture that I missed.

yeah thats what im going for and i got it. i messed up sirris or whatevers questline again though :(

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
Man is the hidden area boss the nameless king such a good fight, I thought soloing the second form would be too hard until his pattern clicked.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

a Loving Dog posted:

yeah thats what im going for and i got it. i messed up sirris or whatevers questline again though :(

I managed to gently caress up with Sirris too but after she already taught me the emote, so I still got to join the second coolest covenant (in theory)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wolnir is a cool looking boss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Yeah. Major Castlevania vibes.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I managed to gently caress up with Sirris too but after she already taught me the emote, so I still got to join the second coolest covenant (in theory)

Dark moon has an extremely powerful shade color

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

HolePisser1982 posted:

congrats on beating the nameless king btw

he maybe gave me the most trouble and it was only 5x i had to fight him. part of me feels like the bosses are easy but part of me thinks its because im a souls veteran and also because i cant smoke weed in korea lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i got the emote and covenant i just wanna do the questline for feels

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

also chobes props on "could this be a soup?" message which i stole and has given me a total of 47 goods so far

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I keep getting disoriented while fighting him especially when I get him down to one bracelet and he starts summoning bonewheels and scimitar skeletons. Not too hard of a boss though, just need to get the hang of it.

Abyss Walkers I kind of cheesed the second phase by constantly backing away and only attacking after he did a jump slash or dash when I knew I had time to attack. Still an intense fight

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres no illusory wall btw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've been rocking a +4 great club and it's insanely OP for the catacombs

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Bobnumerotres posted:

theres no illusory wall btw

lol its pisses me off how many ratings those ones get

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i kind of feel like the spells in general deal really underwhelming amounts of damage. like a great lightning spear with a +10 S scaling talisman and 40 faith will deal like 200 damage to another player on a direct hit..cmon man

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's one in the empty room at the 3rd Iythyril bonfire saying No Illusory Wall Ahead and it has like 20000 appraisals

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
Has any imps done any magic/pyro/or faith based builds? How have they turned out? I got a int build to ithryll and it didn't seem that fun, but then I've read that caster stats scale good up to 60 this time round so that might be why

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

maybe itll be patched but it really feels like spell damage got a huge nerf from previous games lol. like it's always better to just thwack people. kind of makes me want to make a pure str+dex char and run around using black knight gear

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Also saddest moment in a souls game yet is definitely when you bring Andre the coal from the dead giant blacksmith :(

This was my favorite story moment in Souls, beating out talking to Gough after you defeat Artorias

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Bobnumerotres posted:

maybe itll be patched but it really feels like spell damage got a huge nerf from previous games lol. like it's always better to just thwack people. kind of makes me want to make a pure str+dex char and run around using black knight gear

im doing dex + str and im owning people mostly. i probably have 80% pvp wins at least

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just fought demon king on ng+. he has some cool moves and the meteor shower is sick but hes kind of lame compared to every other boss lol

i hope that patch tomorrow fixes the memory leak poo poo and crashes. rly disheartening to have bought a new pc just for this game and it runs at 25FPS on any setting

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

it's still kind of a bummer that the early ones are over so quick, but its so easy to make things more difficult for yourself in these games, so i just do that

thats exactly my philosophy. but i always appreciate it when theres fundamental challenge

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's a lot of amazing buff miracles now so I think STR/FTH is still ridiculously good but it's fairly slow going till you get higher levels

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

when i first went in his room i had a torch out. and when i raised it his face just appeared out of the darkness .____.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

when i first went in his room i had a torch out. and when i raised it his face just appeared out of the darkness .____.

this terrified me too and the gas killed me before i knew what was happening lmao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

some dude just had a flame greatsword that took off like a 1/4 of my health per hit at least. anyone know what it was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

a Loving Dog posted:

Near the basilisks.

• Locked thread