Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Overwatch weekend was really fun and I'm definitely gonna buy this game now!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Doom weekend was really boring and I'm definitely not gonna buy this game now!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

How can you miss the mark on Doom so badly. Make everything go fast and make guns kill everything fast, how hard is that to do really.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am playing Bravely Second and enjoying it quite a bit

Extraordinary Perdition
Nov 7, 2007
So the last boss fight in Quantum Break sure was something. Did I miss all the bitching or did no one get that far?
Really liked the game up until that train wreck of a fight.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Smoky One-bedder posted:

So the last boss fight in Quantum Break sure was something. Did I miss all the bitching or did no one get that far?
Really liked the game up until that train wreck of a fight.

No one (at Remedy) expected people to actually play the game for longer than an hour.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

This thread's reached the sex number of pages. Nice job, everyone. :)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Great Joe posted:

This thread's reached the sex number of pages. Nice job, everyone. :)

Time for a ceremonial LP of "Do You Like Horny Bunnies?"!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

In my opinion, 2016 is an even better year for video games than 2015.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Agreed because I can't remember what games came during 2015 and which came 2016

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Well this year already has Overwatch, Dick Squirrels 3, and Tomb Raider (technically released in 2015 for XBox but that doesn't count). And they're all lookin' pretty good. Probably some other ones I'm forgetting.

Last year had a bunch of games too but the only one I really really liked was Life is Strange.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
As well as The Witness and XCOM2.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

In my opinion, 2016 is an even better year for video games than 2015.
I agree, because in 2016 we can play the games that came out in 2016 as well as the ones that came out in 2015

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Every year is better for video games than the last. :)

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Great Joe posted:

Every year is better for video games than the last. :)

Amen, friend :cheers:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Video games are a way of life

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Whatever year The Lost World: Trespasser is finally remade will be the apex of all video game achievement.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

exquisite tea posted:

How can you miss the mark on Doom so badly. Make everything go fast and make guns kill everything fast, how hard is that to do really.
The new Doom looks so bad. QTEs, lack of level design and gameplay-interrupting finisher animations is everything fans could ever ask for.

It basically borrowed the visuals from Doom 3 and that's where the similarities end.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Palpek posted:

The new Doom looks so bad. QTEs, lack of level design and gameplay-interrupting finisher animations is everything fans could ever ask for.

It basically borrowed the visuals from Doom 3 and that's where the similarities end.

I heard the demo for the multiplayer was hot garbage too.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Palpek posted:

This is also how I feel about the new Rainbow Six thing

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 17, 2016

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Was Doom 3 good?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

No it was not. Not unless you like monster closets and spider swarms. Like, a lot.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Doom 3

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Whatever year The Lost World: Trespasser is finally remade will be the apex of all video game achievement.

A good version of that would be my ideal game to get made. I really dig the atmosphere.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that Mark Strong is voicing the main character in another Warhammer 40K third person action game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There were a couple cool moments in Doom 3 when you go out onto the Martian surface. Otherwise it was terrible.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The real Doom 3 was Doom 64 and it ruled.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

New Ratchet and Clank rules. I hope they extend this treatment to the other games.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

exquisite tea posted:

How many games at all have done that in the past 15-20 years?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I played 10 minutes of the Doom closed beta and it was absolutely terrible. The single player looks like it could be really good from what we've seen so far though. Still cautiously optimistic.

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
So it's been over a solid month of games-related horrible drama/news.
-Tracer's rear end
-Alison Rapp
-Baldur'sGate-Gate
-Tobuscus
-Then there's this guy doing this poo poo that proves gamedev needs unions.

What's gonna happen next week? Is Gabe Newell gonna die?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Skeezy posted:

New Ratchet and Clank rules. I hope they extend this treatment to the other games.
I'd rather see new games. The rest of the series doesn't need a remake.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

VoidBurger posted:

-Tracer's rear end
-Alison Rapp
-Baldur'sGate-Gate
-Tobuscus

NO TRUE SCOTSMAN

god that pdf is cringeworthy

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

exquisite tea posted:

Well this year already has Overwatch, Dick Squirrels 3, and Tomb Raider (technically released in 2015 for XBox but that doesn't count). And they're all lookin' pretty good. Probably some other ones I'm forgetting.

Last year had a bunch of games too but the only one I really really liked was Life is Strange.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

As well as The Witness and XCOM2.

Technically this year also has Darkest Dungeon, which owned right up to (but not including) the rather grindy end

I wonder if that's been updated in the last three months

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

VoidBurger posted:

-Tracer's rear end
-Alison Rapp
-Baldur'sGate-Gate
-Tobuscus

It's not really gaming related or a big deal, but a very naive anti-harassment startup is basically having a mini Amy's Bakery meltdown.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Steve2911 posted:

The single player looks like it could be really good from what we've seen so far though. Still cautiously optimistic.
How does it look any good? Non-existent level design with corridors with a couple of enemies and no actually dynamic movement and when they show the chainsaw instead of it making use of a real-time decapitation engine it's just a non-skippable animation that takes control away from you and breaks the flow of gameplay. The single-player looks really bad and the only cool thing in it is the visual style transplanted from Doom 3.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Palpek posted:

How does it look any good? Non-existent level design with corridors with a couple of enemies and no actually dynamic movement and when they show the chainsaw instead of it making use of a real-time decapitation engine it's just a non-skippable animation that takes control away from you and breaks the flow of gameplay.

None of these things say 'bad game' to me. They say 'not exactly Doom'.

And I don't give a gently caress about Doom. The gameplay trailers look fun.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
it looks bad and the mp is awful

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Steve2911 posted:

None of these things say 'bad game' to me. They say 'not exactly Doom'.

And I don't give a gently caress about Doom. The gameplay trailers look fun.
I promise you, as someone who doesn't give a poo poo about classic FPS games, that the new Doom is going to be bland and terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
A highlight from that PDF slideshow:

• Locked thread