Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Vishass posted:

People have found it and are playing it so I don't think it's cheating to pass along since it is part of the scavenger hunt:

telnet to figgis.agency
Press RETURN during the ASCII Bound movie to error out
Welcome to the Krieger's Kastle MUD (multi-user dungeon)

help will give you a list of commands
windows users might want to use putty or something like zMUD since the default telnet app acts lovely

I just tried it on my iPad using Prompt2. Everything was fine until it the first turn. I never had anywhere to enter a command. I'm totally going to try it on my Mac when I can.

Whoever was Krieger Clone 6 kept dying in the room. (maybe disconnecting?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Kesper North posted:

Cause Cyril was panicking and focusing on the money. Under stress, under fire (both gun and otherwise), it's pretty understandable.

Also stuff like a CD and papers aren't going to survive long in a safe that's buried in burning house debris. Even if it's a "fireproof" safe that only means they'll protect the contents for a certain period of time.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Phanatic posted:

Also stuff like a CD and papers aren't going to survive long in a safe that's buried in burning house debris. Even if it's a "fireproof" safe that only means they'll protect the contents for a certain period of time.

Yeah a quick check reveals that he'd need a very fancy safe to protect CDs in case of a fire, writables in particular have low heat tolerances.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

flosofl posted:

I just tried it on my iPad using Prompt2. Everything was fine until it the first turn. I never had anywhere to enter a command.

If you're just using a basic telnet client, you just type, there's no input field or anything.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Lana trying to cheer Archer up was AhDORable. "Huh, Phrasing, riiight?"

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Phanatic posted:

To be fair, though, heat rises, and it was a floor-mounted safe.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Kesper North posted:

To be fair, though, heat rises, and it was a floor-mounted safe.

Yeah, but burning debris falls down and makes a furnace. Plus it would rely on Cyril having the foresight to do anything other than run away instead of taking two extra seconds to grab the documents (or close the door) which is what Archer was chastising him for.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Cat Hatter posted:

Yeah, but burning debris falls down and makes a furnace. Plus it would rely on Cyril having the foresight to do anything other than run away instead of taking two extra seconds to grab the documents (or close the door) which is what Archer was chastising him for.

Cyril is a double agent and has been from Day 1. Anytime he is directly involved, there is a disaster.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Well he did do well with both the space shuttle and nanosub. Archer happened.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That was the best episode of Archer in quite a while, and we're just on the third episode of the season.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Falken posted:

And he rescued Archer and Lana from those North Koreans with the SUPPRESSING FIRE extinguisher.

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

This is by far the best cutaway in the episode.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Dudeabides posted:

This is by far the best cutaway in the episode.

It was interesting, but a little too Family Guy for my tastes.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I wonder who else they got for guest voices this season. We'll surely hear more Patton Oswalt, J.K. Simmons, and Keenan Michael Key, plus Jon Daly and Jon Glaser were in this episode (although they are obviously one-offs).

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Falken posted:

He did ok with the shuttle before Archer happened. The nanosub was all Cyril. Besides, Cyril brings most of his misfortune on himself. Archer didn't make him cheat on Lana, embezzle everyone's money, put a worm on the mainframe, or shooting the door off their plane and throwing all the guns out...the only thing Cyril was ever good at was impersonating a drug lord's accountant (until he got full of himself) and the only time I can remember Archer hitting Cyril was after Cyril punched him in Coyote Lovely.

That last part wasn't directed at you so much as Cyril comparing his bullying by Archer to Archer's prep school bullying.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Hatter posted:

He did ok with the shuttle before Archer happened. The nanosub was all Cyril. Besides, Cyril brings most of his misfortune on himself. Archer didn't make him cheat on Lana, embezzle everyone's money, put a worm on the mainframe, or shooting the door off their plane and throwing all the guns out...the only thing Cyril was ever good at was impersonating a drug lord's accountant (until he got full of himself) and the only time I can remember Archer hitting Cyril was after Cyril punched him in Coyote Lovely.

That last part wasn't directed at you so much as Cyril comparing his bullying by Archer to Archer's prep school bullying.

He has an underlying personality disorder! :mad:

Also, Archer has hit Cyril several times. He did it in the last episode of season 5. He did it during the Pocket Listing episode of season 6. There's this:

Which I think is from one of the Katya episodes.

And not to mention that Archer framed Cyril for various crimes committed in Vegas which caused Cyril to get worked over in the Tombs by the cops.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

TMMadman posted:

And not to mention that Archer framed Cyril for various crimes committed in Vegas which caused Cyril to get worked over in the Tombs by the cops.

Ooohhhh fun! See Archer is a good guy.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

All of the Archer gang are awful people in their own little ways. Except for Pam. She's just a hedonist.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Y-Hat posted:

All of the Archer gang are awful people in their own little ways. Except for Pam. She's just a hedonist.

I'd argue that Dr. Krieger is also not awful, just very devoted to science.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

TMMadman posted:

He has an underlying personality disorder! :mad:

Also, Archer has hit Cyril several times. He did it in the last episode of season 5. He did it during the Pocket Listing episode of season 6. There's this:

Which I think is from one of the Katya episodes.

I'll concede that, even though I was using a higher threshold of violence for attacking Cyril (I didn't explain that properly). Even then, I still find it hard to feel bad for Cyril. With how much he tries to lord over people (despite hardly ever having any power to do so) I think he would be as bad as Whitney if he had the strength/skills of Archer/Lana/Ray/Pam. In a show full of assholes, he finds a way to stand out to me.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I love Cyril but I really agree. He's a textbook example of someone who is powered entirely by resentment and fear and hence is a bully whenever he gets the chance. Having said that, Especially early on, he gets picked on a lot. Also Archer is I think the only member of the main cast who hasn't molested Cyril somehow.

E: well, Lana too

HopperUK fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Apr 17, 2016

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Whoa, this just blew my mind. Lucky Yates, Krieger's voice actor, has recurring roles as a butcher and as the dungeon master on Good Eats. So fitting!

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Apr 17, 2016

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Whoa, this just blew my mind. Lucky Yates, Krieger's voice actor, has recurring roles as a butcher and as the dungeon master on Good Eats. So fitting!

Huh, it would make sense, it's all "filmed" around Atlanta.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Speaking of Cyril, watching Rick and Morty for the first time blew my mind.

Chris Parnell has a knack for voicing no hopers, huh.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I'd argue that Dr. Krieger is also not awful, just very devoted to science.

There was that whole NK sales thing. And Pigley 3...

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Yeah Krieger is totally amoral but he's not malicious. He's just out for a good time, with science.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Mokinokaro posted:

There was that whole NK sales thing. And Pigley 3...

And bum fights.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Just rewatching the Space Race episodes and Archer is bullying Cyril mercilessly. ...and it's hilarious.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

HopperUK posted:

Yeah Krieger is totally amoral but he's not malicious. He's just out for a good time, with science.

"She slapped you so hard you DIED."

"I'm really having a heart attack!"

"I know..."

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

HopperUK posted:

And a literal clone of Hitler.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Hughlander posted:

Wouldn't he look like Hitler, then?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Hughlander posted:

Hey, possible clone.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Well definitely a clone, probably not of Hitler.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
The show doesn't normally do "imaginary" cut gags... so does that mean that Cyril actually buffalo billed someone?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Angular Landbury posted:

The show doesn't normally do "imaginary" cut gags... so does that mean that Cyril actually buffalo billed someone?

That was my take-away.

TBF, it's not the most disturbing behavior from them. My reaction was, "well, of course that's how Cyril would deal with it"

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Angular Landbury posted:

No, I don't think Cyril actually murdered Archer

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Barry Shitpeas posted:

No, I don't think Cyril actually murdered Archer

that was Archer in the pit? I'll have to watch it again, because I completely missed it if it was. I just assumed it's how he dealt with the HS bully from his past.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

flosofl posted:

that was Archer in the pit? I'll have to watch it again, because I completely missed it if it was. I just assumed it's how he dealt with the HS bully from his past.

Yeah, it was Archer.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Cyril is Bill Dauterive. The second Bill got an ounce of power or control in his life he became a monstrous rear end to anyone and everyone in his path, especially close friends(this was a recurring theme in KOTH, it happened at least 4-5 times on the show as major plot points). Ignoring the slightly more functional relationships of the KOTH universe, it's still pretty close. Cyril is a deliberate and uncompromising rear end if he gets a taste of power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That's a pretty good comparison, actually.

• Locked thread