Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
So I'm wondering, I found Lifehunt Scythe, and it says it drains HP. But I tried it against a pair of the hollow(?) stealthy dudes in Irithyl, and it didn't seem to drain anything. What's up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Love the loot you get from Abyss Watchers. I am fashion soulsing so hard right now. Plus the weapon is awesome.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://www.gamefaqs.com

HydeLyde
Apr 25, 2008

Genocyber posted:

The cathedral area is where you can respec actually. Gotta find a hidden covenant. Unfortunately, doing so will piss off a certain NPC preventing you from finishing their quest line.

Thanks. I'm just realizing now that I'm at a stage where you start getting a lot more tomes for pyro/sorc and I've realized that I should be infusing my weapon with non-scaling damage until I can get it to scale off my int or faith. I also left attunement untouched because I didn't realize it raised your FP as well as spell slots :v:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i have barely used weapon arts at all and i'm not sure if thats unusual or not. Most of them are a bit poo poo i've tried and I'd rather just have the heal

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I love the Court Sorcerer's Hat. All of the magic outfits in this game have been so far awesome, much better than Dark Souls 1 in that regard (Channeler Set erryday there).

I feel like I've seen it in a movie someplace, although my character's face is super pale so maybe it's that which seems familiar.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Message rated: Poor :mad:

Captain Oblivious posted:

There's only three, not four.

The second one is Irithyll. Third one is Lothric Castle, and will always kill him.

I could have sworn I sent him out twice before Irithyll, but I guess not? v:confused:v

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Jose posted:

i have barely used weapon arts at all and i'm not sure if thats unusual or not. Most of them are a bit poo poo i've tried and I'd rather just have the heal

There are a few that are good / great. I really like the guard break on the Claymore, for example. Overall I rarely ever use them though and never bothered to upgrade the blue bar.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Getting a summon for nameless king requires the quick reflexes of a Korean starcraft player. I wouldn't mind that fight solo nearly as much if I didn't have to go through the dragon phase first every time.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

I was having trouble, but this really helped me out. Thanks! :D

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Jesus, King of the Storm is really poorly designed. You have to fight 2 bosses in a row and the first one isn't even hard, it's just a major pain in the rear end because of terrible camera issues.

The second one seems like he'd be a fun boss if I didn't have to fight my camera for 2mins before every attempt :negative:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Minrad posted:

I was having trouble, but this really helped me out. Thanks! :D

That makes me happy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Elman posted:

Jesus, King of the Storm is really poorly designed. You have to fight 2 bosses in a row and the first one isn't even hard, it's just a major pain in the rear end because of terrible camera issues.

The second one seems like he'd be a fun boss if I didn't have to fight my camera for 2mins before every attempt :negative:

U should spend more time learning how to play instead of QQing and insulting the developers like a little kid. didnt your parents raise u properly ?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

actionjackson posted:

Getting a summon for nameless king requires the quick reflexes of a Korean starcraft player. I wouldn't mind that fight solo nearly as much if I didn't have to go through the dragon phase first every time.

Right now you basically have to be standing on a summon sign when it appears to be successful just about anywhere.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I just had a pretty lucky glitch happen to me with the giant fire demon (Balrog?) in the Catacombs. After getting my poo poo handed to me multiple times, I went to retrieve my souls and rolled off to area below. I went back up the stairs and he was gone. I then received the soul of a demon which you get from defeating him. Have no idea how that one happened.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
What's everyone's fave katana, or which katana is pushing peoples poo poo in the most in PvP?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

BisterdDave posted:

I just had a pretty lucky glitch happen to me with the giant fire demon (Balrog?) in the Catacombs. After getting my poo poo handed to me multiple times, I went to retrieve my souls and rolled off to area below. I went back up the stairs and he was gone. I then received the soul of a demon which you get from defeating him. Have no idea how that one happened.

Skeletons will attack him, and if you got his health down far enough first I could see one taking him out without you noticing.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

MrLonghair posted:

What's everyone's fave katana, or which katana is pushing peoples poo poo in the most in PvP?

Washing Pole :(

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Two Quick questions:

1. Can I first person aim with a crossbow or bow only?

2. How conservative do I have to be with titanite scales? I'm assuming I can purchase them eventually, but is it all the way at the end of the game?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Megasabin posted:

Two Quick questions:

1. Can I first person aim with a crossbow or bow only?

2. How conservative do I have to be with titanite scales? I'm assuming I can purchase them eventually, but is it all the way at the end of the game?

Sniper crossbow has aim. I found enough natural titanite scales in a not-very-completionist playthrough to +4 two weapons. (+5 always requires a slab)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Pyromancy owns bones.

I keep seeing poo poo talking about magic. If this is hard mode, I'm going to destroy the game when I do a bigassswordbuild.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Megasabin posted:

You can purchase them in the endgame and the endgame drowns you in scales

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Bombadilillo posted:

Pyromancy owns bones.

I keep seeing poo poo talking about magic. If this is hard mode, I'm going to destroy the game when I do a bigassswordbuild.

What's your favorite 2 spells, I haven't touched pyromancy yet.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
"Hey, it's Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast! Haha you slow fucks! This will be cake!"

*dies a million times*

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm caught between two rear end in a top hat bosses. As a sorcerer, I really want new magic; should I be focusing on killing the boss of this Consumed Garden or should I keep climbing up past rear end in a top hat Dragon guy?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's amazing how the world in DS 3 is so dead, but it actually feels like at one time it was alive

Is there a good breakdown of dark souls lore

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Bass Bottles posted:

Skeletons will attack him, and if you got his health down far enough first I could see one taking him out without you noticing.

Couldn't have been that, the fight had just started since I ran into the room to grab my souls and immediately rolled away.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

FYI the obscuring ring (turn in 10 tongues to the slug lady) loving OWNS for pvp. The range that it makes you invisible at is super generous- although there's no indication of if you're obscured or not, I've played around with it enough to be able to use it to my advantage most of the time. There are moments where I'll run around a corner into a dead end and hide at the end of the hallway and when hosts/phantoms chase my they turn the corner and act super confused for a bit. Allows you to get the drop on people nearly all of the time.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm caught between two rear end in a top hat bosses. As a sorcerer, I really want new magic; should I be focusing on killing the boss of this Consumed Garden or should I keep climbing up past rear end in a top hat Dragon guy?

Are you talking about the rear end in a top hat dragon at the Peak? If so He's a gimmick and not the actual boss of that area. You plunging attack on his head and he instantly dies.

I don't recall any good sorceries being up there though.

HydeLyde
Apr 25, 2008

double nine posted:

In PVP nobody seems to know how to handle Boulder Heave so you can spam it over an over again while they just lay there forgetting they can roll away. It feels really cheap.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

killstealing posted:

found out theres a lot of variance in where your weapon hits depending on whether you look up or down still, so the longsword 2h r2 catches rolls so good lmao

loving the post/username combo here, was wondering how people were hitting me with the same poo poo I had from further than I could manage

edit: If you ever beat the poo poo out of a lovely knight named "Invalid Entry", that's me! I'm sure I'm not the only Invalid Entry

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I have dragon questions. Why do the messages on the floor say "Hey if you want to join The Path Of The Dragon, the covenant from DS1 and DS2, a very loving specific name, then DON"T ring this bell" and "I'm fuckin' serious ringing this bell will delete this whole area don't fuckin' do it" as developer messages that can't be rated then there's no dragon convenant. I ran around that rear end in a top hat stage for hours looking for the covenant and I gave up and never rang the bell and I find out ringing the bell makes the place foggy until you beat the boss and that's it. What the gently caress are these dumb loving messages that straight up lie to you?

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I've been putting down my sign to help people with Wolnir and half of them end up dead in the first 20 seconds.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Eonwe posted:

It's amazing how the world in DS 3 is so dead, but it actually feels like at one time it was alive

Is there a good breakdown of dark souls lore

you pretty much got it

https://techphantomreviewer.com/2013/02/07/dark-souls-chronological-narrative-of-lore/

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

double nine posted:

Great chaos fire orb, makes a lava puddle where it hits. Great for murdering knights who tend to stand in it. 25 fp

Chaos bed vestiges, has a huge wide spinning flame that hurts everything it passes, destroys groups really well. If you ever watched Naruto it's basically shuriken rasengan but on fire. 35 fp

Magic was tough early game because of fp, but now what I have a lot of estus I use 6heal/4magic split (need 2 for coop)

Also I finially got chaos weapon on my sword and it scales B int/faith, my melee is insane too now. With 10/10 str/dex.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Shortest Path posted:

Are you talking about the rear end in a top hat dragon at the Peak? If so He's a gimmick and not the actual boss of that area. You plunging attack on his head and he instantly dies.

I don't recall any good sorceries being up there though.

No I was trying to be coy. It's the Dragonslayer Armor

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

a cop posted:

FYI the obscuring ring (turn in 10 tongues to the slug lady) loving OWNS for pvp. The range that it makes you invisible at is super generous- although there's no indication of if you're obscured or not, I've played around with it enough to be able to use it to my advantage most of the time. There are moments where I'll run around a corner into a dead end and hide at the end of the hallway and when hosts/phantoms chase my they turn the corner and act super confused for a bit. Allows you to get the drop on people nearly all of the time.

Some rear end in a top hat caster used this on me in Farron Keep. Just stood in the deep water and as I approached slung his dirty caster spells at me. I literally sat on a little island for like 10 minutes wondering where he was until I saw his filthy caster rear end spell effects out in the swamp. Gonna be pulling the exact same dirtbag tricks on my next play through.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Is Yorshka's Spear any good?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
(Final boss spoilers)

Can I just say holy poo poo it's good? The first phase is amazing, but then he transitions into the second phase and... is it just me or does that sound like Gwyn's Theme mixed i- WAIT A loving SECOND I RECOGNIZE THAT LUNGE :magical: :magical:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Can anyone here drop me Sirris' shield on PC? I hosed up her quest and I want that thing. I'll trade you a boss weapon or something, I dunno.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Azran