Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
For people having problems fighting big bosses u should always play unlocked vs. them. in bloodborne the game was actually designed around it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

frank.club posted:

Lmfao Guess what you hosed up and now you can't loving use her as a vendor
Wait, you can still just not everything. I can't even give her a tome

I'm not sure if it was a progression related thing and unrelated but I noticed that her dialogue didn't start changing/she didn't start twitching until I actually BOUGHT some hexes from her. You might be cool if you just teach them to her and never learn them which makes sense in the context of her "telling you the stories" when you learn miracles from her

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

For people having problems fighting big bosses u should always play unlocked vs. them. in bloodborne the game was actually designed around it

this helps a lot w/ every dragon and big beast fight in ds3 too. the godzilla things are easier when you dont lock

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
its much easier to do than in ds1 cos your weapons track really well and you can roll in every direction instead of just 4. you could easily do a playthrough without locking on to anything and it wouldnt be any harder except in the case of fighting like, dogs.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i find wolnir really easy. ive never actually seen him summon anything because i always pwn him so fast. ive only fought him 3 times though and the first two times i got him down to like 2 hits left and got killed by the mist

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

i find wolnir really easy. ive never actually seen him summon anything because i always pwn him so fast. ive only fought him 3 times though and the first two times i got him down to like 2 hits left and got killed by the mist

he needs 2 extra bangles imo

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Can you progress Yoel's quest line without leveling up? I dunno if I want to quit out of an SL1 build for that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

rediscover posted:

me2. but its still a good fight. on the other hand after reflecting on it my least favoruite fight in the game is probably yorhm. cos its too easy once u figure it out. and if youre doing npc quests then its easier still

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
one hit away from one try on pontiff gently caress FUSSGFRES

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Can you progress Yoel's quest line without leveling up? I dunno if I want to quit out of an SL1 build for that

i dont think so, cos yuria needs you to have 5x undead curse, unless theres another way to get it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

lmao i just saw wolnir's second phase for the first time. oh my god. thought that fight was kind of meh but that sold it to me, wish it werent so easy to miss

What second phase

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

i dont think so, cos yuria needs you to have 5x undead curse, unless theres another way to get it.

Ah alright, thank ya. I'll at least be able to use a few more weapons at SL6

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

me2. but its still a good fight. on the other hand after reflecting on it my least favoruite fight in the game is probably yorhm. cos its too easy once u figure it out. and if youre doing npc quests then its easier still

btw, my idea for making this fight way harder is that you have to (spoilers BTW) get the sword and equip it in the middle of the fight every attempt. instead of just getting it and dying and then going back and doing it with the sword equipped from the start

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

What second phase

if youre not joking he summons a colossal sword and his attacks are much faster, he summons pinwheels and casts wrath of god w/ the sword. the music also becomes super dire and its great but hes so easy to just kill

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

actually he leaves himself wide open during the phase shift that takes like a full minute and you can finish him off lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wolnir is my least favorite fight as like, a fight, because I don't think I've ever died to his actual moves but sometimes I get stuck on his arms and pushed into his chest and instant killed

He looks very badass and the music is sick though. I especially like how you cant see him at first and you pick up the Grave Warden tome and bam, there he is.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my wish for this game to never end has been granted because i can't beat the final boss lol. or the nameless king. break time, i think

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

if youre not joking he summons a colossal sword and his attacks are much faster, he summons pinwheels and casts wrath of god w/ the sword. the music also becomes super dire and its great but hes so easy to just kill

Oh the sword isn't really a second phase, he can pull that out any time during the fight

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I cannot believe the great bow bridge returned

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the feels when (final boss do not look) the music transitions into Gwyn's theme...

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don't really remember the last three optional bosses cause I was getting progressively more wasted the whole time. Luckily I saved the whole thing on YouTube

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

really feels like seig and patches are bugged because they sometimes just dont show up when theyre supposed to lol. seig failed to show up at a certain spot and give me emit force for the second time when ive hit all his story spots. patches also never showed up when i followed a line for that just to see the content and then he was magically at firelink. its pissin me off

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

really feels like seig and patches are bugged because they sometimes just dont show up when theyre supposed to lol. seig failed to show up at a certain spot and give me emit force for the second time when ive hit all his story spots. patches also never showed up when i followed a line for that just to see the content and then he was magically at firelink. its pissin me off

yeah Patches appeared at Firelink and apologised to me even though I'd never met him before lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bobnumerotres posted:

man i really dont know how to see patches the first time in cathedral...i always see him in firelink first

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you're supposed to meet him on the way to the fingers, or near the firekeeper soul at firelink but he just doesnt show up for either sometimes and then just warps to firelink after you kill abyss watchers

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 18, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are some very cool NPC invasions in the game and i highly recommend running thru everything cindered

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

double post

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah Patches appeared at Firelink and apologised to me even though I'd never met him before lol

He locked you in the tower but you went out the other way so you never saw him. This is happening to a lot of people

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Related quest spoiler if you aren't caught up on siegmeyers quest before you send greirat out the second time patches murders him

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Abyss Watchers are insane

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This thread is way too spoilery for my slow play style. I don't know who Wolnir is but now I know to attack his bracelets

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

And that Patches is in the game. Ah well

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

And that Patches is in the game. Ah well

hes in every game. other big spoiler: there is a final boss and hes hard :troll:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

hes in every game. other big spoiler: there is a final boss and hes hard :troll:

None of these are true for Dark Souls 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

None of these are true for Dark Souls 2

pate represented patches..ya got me on the boss though. she went down like a bitch

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This nigga seriously trying to tell me Pate is Patches

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Speaking of patches Monday can't come soon enough :P

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Every time I get summoned for Abyss Watchers the host is instantly obliterated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its odd to me that the most important highlighted patch note is greatsword damage adjustment. are they referring to the fume knight? because its loving broken for pve lol

• Locked thread