Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i like the idea of a story where someone is too troglodytic to enjoy the modern masterpiece that is persona 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Man, Achilles' Heelies' voice is just slightly less beardy than Boots' and otherwise completely identical.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The reason you can tell that the first story is complete garbage is that P4G is a Vita game and 0% of Vita owners are unaware of what a JRPG is because JRPGs are about 85% of that system's library.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The cosplay stories are so so good.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I don't know what kind of Not Always Right story I like more, the kind that are so openly racist that they'd be right at home on the last episode of Lou Reads or the kind that dogwhistle the gently caress out of it to the point where they may as well be doing airquotes the entire time.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

The reason you can tell that the first story is complete garbage is that P4G is a Vita game and 0% of Vita owners are unaware of what a JRPG is because JRPGs are about 85% of that system's library.

yeah that was the most unbelievable part to me, that someone would buy a vita and not know what they had consigned themselves too.

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

yeah that was the most unbelievable part to me, that someone would buy a vita and not know what they had consigned themselves too.

It's like owning a baseball bat and not knowing you're supposed to hit baseballs with it.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Man, Adam really wanted that hammer.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I assumed that reading would end with the customer saying he wanted a cotton hammer or something, and we would laugh at his ignorance, instead of at words from a movie.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

The Something Awful Forums › The Finer Arts › Rapidly Going Deaf › The F Plus: And Then Everyone Applauded

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The depressed reading of the movie line KILLED it. KILLED it. I'm also glad for the return of British accents.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 18, 2016

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Grondoth posted:

The depressed reading of the movie line KILLED it. KILLED it.

I didn't even hear it, I took out my earbuds when I heard what was coming. I just couldn't deal with that, even though I've never had to skip a part of any other episode.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

i like the idea of a story where someone is too troglodytic to enjoy the modern masterpiece that is persona 4.

persona 4 is wonderful

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Jeez, just how drunk was Lemon for this?

Great episode, of course. That "DiscrimiNation" story is one of the most amazingly awful things they've ever read.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

At least 90% of these stories would really end with the employee being scolded for escalating the situation if they actually happened.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

Spaced God posted:

The Something Awful Forums › The Finer Arts › Rapidly Going Deaf › The F Plus: And Then Everyone Applauded

I did, in fact, search the site for “applause” when compiling this document, then padded out the rest with submissions from the “Geeks Rule” category.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

echopapa posted:

I did, in fact, search the site for “applause” when compiling this document, then padded out the rest with submissions from the “Geeks Rule” category.
Ahahahaha oh gently caress you

Edit: You know what, I think I believe this one.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Apr 18, 2016

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

I feel like it's a secret competition between doc makes and the readers, where the doc makers try to hide the search terms and the readers have to try and glean what they were before the end of the episode.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I don't think the obvious searches make the docs any less fantastic, FWIW. Keep up the good work

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

https://notalwaysright.com/look-into-your-heart-you-know-it-to-be-true/30867
This is the NAR post that I always think of. two "humans" loudly arguing in public, in a way that a bystander could easily jump in, and then get laid.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Ag Bengip posted:

I don't think the obvious searches make the docs any less fantastic, FWIW. Keep up the good work

My favorite one of these search term episodes was the Yahoo Answers one where they searched for five exclamation marks and various mispellings of Penis.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://notalwaysright.com/look-into-your-heart-you-know-it-to-be-true/30867
This is the NAR post that I always think of. two "humans" loudly arguing in public, in a way that a bystander could easily jump in, and then get laid.

It was fuckin' Han that said "Let the Wookiee win," not loving C-3PO!

GOD! You can't even get things right in your made up story!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

the author paid for her items quickly and ran out, and now a year later, you are my wife.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Waffleman_ posted:

It actually was C-3PO. Han just pointed out that Wookiees pull your arms off when they lose. (Or rather, implied that by pointing out that droids don't.)

Also, what the hell is that "*imitating Admiral Ackbar* *imitating C-3PO*" sequence like in practice? Like, there's no transition between the bits or introduction or anything.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 19, 2016

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I'm mostly just perplexed by this once-a-year arrangement with the guy's brother when you can walk into any Goodwill and pick up one of those tapes for 50 cents.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Sham bam bamina! posted:

It actually was C-3PO. Han just pointed out that Wookiees pull your arms off when they lose. (Or rather, implied that by pointing out that droids don't.)

Waffleman exposed as a fraud.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
And bird knees don't bend backwards, either!

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

hoobajoo posted:

Waffleman exposed as a fraud.

*stands up, applauds*

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Chexoid posted:

*stands up, applauds*

*Face turns red, runs out of the thread*

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
And that Waffleman... was Albert Einstein!

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Waffleman ran away crying, having been emotionally dissected.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
All Waffleman wanted was a hammer.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I got the F Plus, and no one told me there was gonna be so much audio. I was tricked into this.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
What a rip-off.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

and now i'm cardholder of the month, and can borrow whatever book i want indefinitely!

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
People from across the city head to the library just to check me out!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That tweet is a better version of the joke you're all trying to make

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

That's why 9,433 people on twitter gave it their version of applause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am Lemon's disappointed sigh