Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I live in a potato hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's easy for me to remember which potato hole I live in. The mnemonic is: "Mambo number five, potato hole number four."

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The Locator posted:

being able to crank my music without worrying about people above/below/beside me.

My number one reason for buying a house.

gently caress having a shared wall and rear end in a top hat neighbors.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

VendaGoat posted:

I still have some rear end in a top hat neighbors, but they are 3 houses down, so it's not a big deal.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jerry Cotton posted:

I live in a potato hole.

So you at least don't live in your parents basement anymore.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

VendaGoat posted:

Same

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

schnickety scribe posted:

Thanks. :3: You're pretty cool, too. I'm jealous of your ability to bike. I just can't find a love for it. I never did it enough as a kid, so I'm always too nervous when I'm on one and just end up not having a good time. Walking and hiking are more my speed. Or horseback riding. Although I haven't done that last one in forever.

I never even biked much as a kid. In fact, I had my stolen and never bothered to get another one. I interned at a place a few years ago and my boss/owner was a huge bike-nut who literally threw me out on the trail during my lunch break and forced me to bike places. Its not too late to start. The Schuylkill trail is (probably?) right near you too.

Though horseback riding seems like it would be extremely hazardous towards my health

quote:

Aw, thanks everybody. :kimchi:

I've been working at losing weight and then toning my muscles since October 2014 (I don't feel like doing the math; also, there were several months where I kind of lost my motivation, so I don't think those count anyway), so I'm really proud of my bitty, baby abs.

Don't feel bad about yourself because of me. :( But exercise is good, so I'm glad I inspired you to do a little.

Exercise chat: Here's more bike pics

Me by some brewery or something. People say its good

Me by my favorite bike shop/cafe/watering hole

I should shave again, but :effort:

also, lose weight

Rent chat:

quote:

gently caress comcast

:respek:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I have been lazy and shaving is :effort: so it got quite out of control

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 22:28 on Apr 17, 2016

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

Jerry Cotton posted:

I live in a potato hole.

Nice place. Must be hella insulated.

EmmyOk posted:

Dude, you got, like, mountain man fuzzy. Like, you could've legit taken up residence as Jerry Cotton's potato hole neighbor and no one would've batted an eye.

In other words, very good trim. You look happier with yourself.

The Locator posted:

In some ways I miss apartment life (like taking care of landscaping, repairs, needing to repaint, etc.), but I love having a garage, a place that is mine (well, the banks I suppose) and being able to crank my music without worrying about people above/below/beside me.
While more storage would be nice, I have to say that I'm happy with how thick the walls in my apartment building are. Like, the neighbors' reactions to being asked if the new, louder bird was disturbing them were, "Nah, it's good," and "You have birds?" He gets up to 95 decibels when he's pissed off.

DOOP posted:

I never even biked much as a kid. In fact, I had my stolen and never bothered to get another one. I interned at a place a few years ago and my boss/owner was a huge bike-nut who literally threw me out on the trail during my lunch break and forced me to bike places. Its not too late to start. The Schuylkill trail is (probably?) right near you too.

Though horseback riding seems like it would be extremely hazardous towards my health

Exercise chat: Here's more bike pics

Me by some brewery or something. People say its good

Me by my favorite bike shop/cafe/watering hole

I should shave again, but :effort:

also, lose weight
I get nervous when I have to pass people or when other people on bikes pass me or when the trail gets narrow. Like, I've done biking stuff with my parents on a trail that was pretty much abandoned and I didn't mind it too much, but the trails around here are way too busy for my comfort level.

And horses are cool. :colbert: You just have to give them respect.

And Manayunk is pretty. I've only been through on the train, though. I'll explore it some time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rent chat:
2,500 sq. Feet, detached garage, yard, quiet, close to everything and easy to walk if I want. Close to a bunch of parks and centrally located. Owned by a cool old dude who leaves us alone.
$1,750/month.

Edit: There is a house close by that is tiny, on a loud street and looks lovely and they want $2,800/month hahaha.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

schnickety scribe posted:

While more storage would be nice, I have to say that I'm happy with how thick the walls in my apartment building are. Like, the neighbors' reactions to being asked if the new, louder bird was disturbing them were, "Nah, it's good," and "You have birds?" He gets up to 95 decibels when he's pissed off.

My subwoofers don't care much how thick the walls (or floor and ceiling) are. :v:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

EmmyOk posted:

I'm sure you feel a lot less itchy, but I was a little partial to the adorably curly beard. Your regular face is good too.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My beard isn't itchy at all actually! It is not cute at all it is very tough and wears a leather jacket and goes to biker bars when I am sleeping. Your tattoos and outfit are very great btw

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I don't have tattoos because I'm a literal baby and can't think of anything that I'd want to put on my body forever

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Am I rly the only girl in the world that is more attracted to bearded men than non-bearded? (Good beards only, not scraggly gross wisps or whatev)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

oh poo poo is it beard debate time again

team beard [   ]
team no beard [✓]

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Beards are awesome

Grow and wear a beard

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Beards are great and cool. You can trust me, I'm a clean shaven lady. Counting the responses so far it seems pro-beard has 178493 votes and anti-beard has -6 votes and a broken condom.

e: I have just gotten a note from a young man in Little Oakley who says the broken condom is his and he'll pick it up in the morning so that just leaves anti-beard with the -6 votes then.

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 02:31 on Apr 18, 2016

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm Team What the gently caress Ever.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Team Scruffy Nerf Herder representing.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Ridiculous! If anything, Herder should be buffed

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

lmao

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

jeff smisek posted:

Am I rly the only girl in the world that is more attracted to bearded men than non-bearded? (Good beards only, not scraggly gross wisps or whatev)

I AM LITERALLY PRO BEARD

GO BEARD

BEARDBEARDBEARD

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Beards are awesome

Grow and wear a beard

a BEARD

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

bleh

Fender Anarchist has a new favorite as of 04:57 on Feb 22, 2019

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Call me old fashion but I prefer my woman without beards.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

LingcodKilla posted:

K, well, you're missing out, so, your loss I guess

idiot*

*: THIS IS CRUEL IRONY

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

LingcodKilla posted:

lol whatever granpa

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

It's 2016 man :rolleyes: this guy ^

(Too late, i meant lingcod)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You probably like them in human rather than pillow form too but you should settle for one of the two imo, some people just want it all I guess.

e: That is unfair so here is a compliment, having a avatar of your amazing chest tattoo is very cool and good.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

By the way lingcod, you are an avid fisherman? post fish selfies plz. I will be posting monster swedish pike cell-feez in a few days

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

jeff smisek posted:

It's 2016 man :rolleyes: this guy ^

(Too late, i meant lingcod)

Why do you appear to be a juvenile flatfish?

jeff smisek posted:

By the way lingcod, you are an avid fisherman? post fish selfies plz. I will be posting monster swedish pike cell-feez in a few days

Well if you say so...

I'm pissed that final picture clipped my head but let's be honest nobody cares what I look like after the scientist and giant fish.

Crab Dad has a new favorite as of 03:14 on Apr 18, 2016

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

oh poo poo is it beard debate time again

team beard [   ]
team no beard [✓]

you are wrong

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Team sea patrol

LingcodKilla posted:

Did you read the sea patrol thread some months ago?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

jeff smisek posted:

Team sea patrol

Did you read the sea patrol thread some months ago?

Oh no I have not. I got lingcod and squid tattoos because I'm a terrible immature monster.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
There's something very fishy about this turn of events!

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

Well if you say so...

I'm pissed that final picture clipped my head but let's be honest nobody cares what I look like after the scientist and giant fish.

Excellent fish!

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

I don't have any fish pics on my new phone, but here is me trying out my new Rapala on some pikes hiding in the submerged grass last year.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

RC Cola posted:

you are wrong

tbf despite my general "no beards" policy this thread is stocked with good looking bearded goons (and non-bearded lady goons)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm team Don't Care So Long As You Smell Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

jeff smisek posted:

Depends on the face. Some guys can, some can't. I'm usually a proponent of face fuzzies, especially well maintained face fuzzies, but sometimes a dude's face just generally looks better without.

It's really up to the dude, though. I can understand not wanting to deal with an added chore every morning (seeing as my morning routine has less to do with "time to make myself presentable" and more to do with "Well, poo poo, better get some coffee in me, and get work clothes on. I will also brush my hair, what more do you want from me? What are mirrors? Who has time for that poo poo?"). I also waited 8 years to get my hair cut, so, again, if a dude wants to get lazy with his beard, who am I to tell him to do otherwise?

jeff smisek posted:

What be a fish selfie? Can it be a pet fish?

This was Squidword:

He was cool. :allears: One day I will have another dragon goby.