Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

axleblaze posted:

I just want to put out there that people that don't like Grave of Fireflies because the kids acted illogically are the worst people.

:what: Jesus. It's based on an autobiographical novel iirc too which makes that criticism all the worse. Let's not even get into more thematic poo poo like the price of pride.

Paprika was oddly disappointing to me. I loved the visual style but I was kinda expecting Ghibli vs. GitS/AKIRA and the writing quality wasn't close. Still very enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

corn in the bible posted:

it's a white elephant gift

or should i say

blue hedgehog gift

who is the lucky person?

Man Whore posted:

I know we went a bit overboard with WWII shooters a while back and everyone got tired of them but I think we can do it better this time.
World at war was the only call of duty I enjoyed past 2 and this is obviously because of setting and not because it was made by the CoD developer that doesn't blow complete chunks.
also it has the only music track from a cod game that I actually noticed while playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIKk6bUSE3w

allegedly the next battlefield will be in either world war 1 or world war 2.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

it's a white elephant gift

or should i say

blue hedgehog gift

You monster.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You got robbed lmao.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6UB8JfC8Jg

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Anyone still play Reign of Kings?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Man Whore posted:

I know we went a bit overboard with WWII shooters a while back and everyone got tired of them but I think we can do it better this time.
World at war was the only call of duty I enjoyed past 2 and this is obviously because of setting and not because it was made by the CoD developer that doesn't blow complete chunks.
also it has the only music track from a cod game that I actually noticed while playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIKk6bUSE3w

World at war was garbage. It's an exact copy of CoD4 but with even worse balancing and a ww2 paint job. I mean it's not as bad as their first game, CoD3, but that's only because they piggybacked off of Infinity Ward.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

i liked modern warfare 1

never played any of the later ones

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

i thought modern warfare 1 was kinda subversive at the time but i bet if i revisit it i'll find it actually embraces war and glory and poo poo, it wouldn't surprise me

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lance Bass' finest role.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Jay Rust posted:

i thought modern warfare 1 was kinda subversive at the time but i bet if i revisit it i'll find it actually embraces war and glory and poo poo, it wouldn't surprise me

war is what gives our pathetic miserable lives meaning.

war and video games.

Broseph Brostar posted:

World at war was garbage. It's an exact copy of CoD4 but with even worse balancing and a ww2 paint job. I mean it's not as bad as their first game, CoD3, but that's only because they piggybacked off of Infinity Ward.

I was poor as a kid so lol at paying money to play games on the internet so if there were balance problems I didn't notice them. Bolt action guns with iron sights are just always fun in video games.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Jay Rust posted:

Nah, mw1 really was like that, the player death from atom bomb was pretty innovative at the time.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I can't recall any of the stories of CoD after 2. It turned into Tom Clancy military tech fetish stuff quickly, and I probably only remember 2 because the Russian campaign was their best attempt at making the video game version of Enemy at the Gates.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

I can't recall any of the stories of CoD after 2. It turned into Tom Clancy military tech fetish stuff quickly, and I probably only remember 2 because the Russian campaign was their best attempt at making the video game version of Enemy at the Gates.

I liked AW and black ops 1 campaigns alot, but the rest are meh.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Man Whore posted:

I was poor as a kid so lol at paying money to play games on the internet so if there were balance problems I didn't notice them. Bolt action guns with iron sights are just always fun in video games.

This is what I really loved about 2, everybody used those bolt action rifles and I could run up on them with more modern style close range weapons then take their gun and dominate.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Broseph Brostar posted:

the first console call of duty also completely ripped out those missions and redid them.

12 year old me thought it was super bad rear end though

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I wish CoD was a game franchise based on militarized fish

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Palpek posted:

Nah, mw1 really was like that, the player death from atom bomb was pretty innovative at the time.

Sure but it was all like "oh no, dead american soldiers" as opposed to, you know, "oh no, countless civilians have been killed"

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

The no Russian mission from 2 would actually be cool and notable if you played as a civilian and it was done survival horror style. Instead I just have to sit through a 15 minute cutscene everytime I want to replay the game.

Of course its call of duty so what probably would have happened is you follow an old grizzled bad rear end from cover to cover and then watch him do cool stuff.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

smh @ devs trying to turn kids into mass murderers

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Ubisoft's Tom Clancy's The Division added Gear Score :lol: so now the chat is pretty much world of warcraft circa 2007 or so demanding that people have a certain gear score to do anything

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

WOW
don't play dark souls drunk

everyone have a good weekend? what's the next game to look forward to? what game will make 2016 even better than it already is?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

WOW

everyone have a good weekend? what's the next game to look forward to? what game will make 2016 even better than it already is?

Daikatana 2

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

WOW

I drink as I play dark souls and I only notice how drunk I am when I attempt to walk across some rafters or a small platform. I spent about 2 of pvp last night doing fatrolls because I was at 70.1% encumbrance and apparently too intoxicated to notice :downs:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah I leapt off a ledge because I mistook bloom effects for treasure

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Broseph Brostar posted:

They were showing Eraserhead here last year and some couple brought their young kids in. It's not like the movie is too violent or gory, but I don't see why you would put your kids through such a painfully long movie. They must have done something real bad to deserve that kind of punishment.

Eraserhead is only an hour and fifteen minutes. It just feels longer thanks to the nightmare soundscape.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Oh yeah of course, it's just that's like 5 hours in kid time

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jay Rust posted:

WOW

The overwatch beta was incredible and made me pre-order the game. I knew nothing about it but now am super excited for it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

WOW

dishonored two: even less honored

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
was borderlands the pre sequel enjoyable at all

I feel like I'd enjoy it since I enjoy borderlands and will probably enjoy borderlands 2 and if it's just more mindless shooting with random guns as random wacky characters then I'd probably like it, but I'm not sure how it and its dlc have been received

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Jay Rust posted:

persona

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

was borderlands the pre sequel enjoyable at all

I feel like I'd enjoy it since I enjoy borderlands and will probably enjoy borderlands 2 and if it's just more mindless shooting with random guns as random wacky characters then I'd probably like it, but I'm not sure how it and its dlc have been received

I think the gameplay is better then 2 sorta because it has some verticality. but the humor is much worse.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This year in theory still has Persona 5, Nier 2, The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4 and the remaster of Odin Sphere. This year ain't even getting started.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Tales from the Borderlands is BTA tier on the current Humble Bundle and it kicks rear end.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

I have heard nothing about Homefront: The Revolution since they had that big gameplay trailer like last year even though it comes out next month and that screams BAD SIGN to me.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Man Whore posted:

I have heard nothing about Homefront: The Revolution since they had that big gameplay trailer like last year even though it comes out next month and that screams BAD SIGN to me.

the first one was bad too so dont be surprised

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Ostentatious posted:

the first one was bad too so dont be surprised

It went to the crysis guys after THQ blew up. apparantly it then got sold to deep silver. so two management changes in a row bodes well.

I am mostly interested in it because its a first person open world shooter in an urban environment and I like the guerrilla aesthetic.

EDIT- British developers...Nothing good ever comes from brits.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 18, 2016

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Man Whore posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nlyrQkXU30

here is the first 30 min. I played the beta. its basically plays alot like far cry. its ok. the beta was an early build so it was rough in places but it was fun. Id pick it up for maybe.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Press X to hide release in mass grave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Between platting Ratchet and Clank and finally getting to Dark souls III, I decided to boot up Risk of Rain which also got a PS4/Vita release this week and holy poo poo I forgot how much this game rules.

• Locked thread