Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Chairchucker posted:

Next week's tipping looks horrible.
code:
Round 5
Fri Apr 22 1950 at MCG | HAW v ADE - 1176 v 1068 | HAW by  23 : 112 v  89 |
Sat Apr 23 1340 at SCG | SYD v WCE - 1115 v 1202 | SYD by   3 :  89 v  86 |
Sat Apr 23 1635 at CAR | GCO v NME -  700 v  896 | NME by   8 : 100 v 108 |
Sat Apr 23 1925 at DCK | WBD v BRL - 1061 v  546 | WBD by  64 : 120 v  56 |
Sat Apr 23 1940 at ADO | PAD v GEE -  802 v  969 | GEE by   5 :  89 v  94 |
Sun Apr 24 1310 at DCK | STK v GWS -  709 v  897 | GWS by   7 :  87 v  94 |
Sun Apr 24 1610 at SUB | FRE v CAR -  857 v  552 | FRE by  42 : 102 v  60 |
Sun Apr 24 1910 at MCG | MEL v RIC -  705 v  886 | RIC by  18 :  73 v  91 |
Mon Apr 25 1520 at MCG | COL v ESS -  772 v  569 | COL by  20 :  95 v  75 |
Yeah it's looking like a tough one. At least I got 8/9 this week. (Glad my Melbourne hunch paid off!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The Deadly Hume posted:

Yeah it's looking like a tough one. At least I got 8/9 this week. (Glad my Melbourne hunch paid off!)

Yeah I made that change to mine late in the week as well.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Odds on the ANZAC clash being horrendously shithouse?

1:1

Probably won't even be any Cloke to laugh at. This will certainly bring about more discussions of letting other teams play in it.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Diet Crack posted:

Odds on the ANZAC clash being horrendously shithouse?

1:1

Probably won't even be any Cloke to laugh at. This will certainly bring about more discussions of letting other teams play in it.

Lest we forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FsdV2nwAPY

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The SANFL ANZAC Day game is always a grand final rematch, the AFL ought to be as well because Hawthorn deserves a marquee game during the season

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

NTRabbit posted:

because Hawthorn deserves a marquee game during the season

They deserve nothing but misery.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Speaking of, top of the table clash between Dandenong Tiprats and Robbo Rejects looks like it's finished 1189-1190 :stare:

Damnit :(

To be fair though, if my attention hadn't been called to a few outs in my team id have lost by a lot more, but still, damnit!

Also seconding not enjoying waking up to a world where Norf sit outright top of the ladder. Something must be done about this.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
North will win the flag, and Boomer will walk out on top of the game like a champion, and it will be hilarious.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Volkerball posted:

North will win the flag, and Boomer will walk out on top of the game like a champion, and it will be hilarious.

Don't even joke about it

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Anyway he's already got a flag with Norf (from last millennium)

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Boomer would do the world biggest dive in the dying seconds for a free in front of goals to win the final

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Boomer would do the world biggest dive in the dying seconds for a free in front of goals to win the final

Lol if you think Boomer would stop at diving. Remember when he knocked the ball out of the hands of...Priddis? and then appealed for a 50 because it wasn't given directly back to him, and the umpire was dumb enough to fall for the loving cheat?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I'd imagine it'd be some kind of freak chain reaction started by Lindsay Thomas trying to draw a high tackle. That night, the MCG burns.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

Solemn Sloth posted:

Lol if you think Boomer would stop at diving. Remember when he knocked the ball out of the hands of...Priddis? and then appealed for a 50 because it wasn't given directly back to him, and the umpire was dumb enough to fall for the loving cheat?

:airquote:gamesmanship:airquote:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Or, there would be seconds left, Norf down by 5 point, Boomer gets the ball on the wing and takes 4 bounces, completely ignoring free team mates ahead of him for a shot at goal only for him to either miss everything with his shot on goal, or run out of time and not put boot to ball fast enough. That might actually make it worthwhile Norf making the GF only for Boomer's total selfishness to screw them out of the win.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spedman posted:

:airquote:gamesmanship:airquote:

:airquote:the savvy veteran:airquote:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I'd prefer Boomer to win a flag than for the Hawks to make another GF.

Roos v Crows GF with the Hawks being knocked out in straight sets despite a fully fit team and no excuses.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I was impressed with the amount of chutzpa required to do that to Priddis actually.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I think the ideal (at least semi-realistic) scenario for me here would be:

Richmond out in the elimination final to Sydney after having smashed Sydney in round 23 and riding into week 1 of the finals in the highest of confidence.

Hawks win their qualifying final, carry no injuries and then lose in the prelim with no excuses (this probably gets them a priority pick though).

Roos lose their prelim because of Boomer's selfishness. Has played the most games ever by this stage yet makes a rookie mistake.

Dogs v Crows in the GF if their final last year was anything to go by. Dogs win and Bob Murphy at least gets to do a lap with them.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Dogs vs Roos grand final, Murphy gets named as late replacement and beats Harvey and Thomas to death with his crutch.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

Dogs vs Roos grand final, Murphy gets named as late replacement and beats Harvey and Thomas to death with his crutch.

This would be the only scenario where I would be happy the eagles arent in the GF.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

May straight to the tribunal, good. Hopefully he gets a long loving holiday.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Four weeks at least, right?

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
You'd think longer with his record.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Memento posted:

Four weeks at least, right?

I'd prefer 8+ but I'll be pissed when it is less than 6

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

thepokey posted:

I think the ideal (at least semi-realistic) scenario for me here would be:
:words:

I hate Richmond so much. Especially because they're 1 from 4 and I can't make a slam dunk argument that they won't be in the finals. otoh they're Richmond and they could decide to be good Richmond for 12 straight loving weeks again.
I don't think they will be in the finals, but that's because they're playing so staggeringly badly.

I want a Derby final, but Freo are horseshit this year (Pav :sadwave:). I want a Geelong-Adelaide final. I want a 100 point Hawks win over Geelong. I'd like it if both GWS and the Gold Coast made the finals.
And finally, I want a Hawks-Eagles final.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Jonathan Brown: Former Brisbane Lions Captain Says Players' Wives Should Keep Support Private

“I’m not sure, I don’t know Cotch that well but Cotch would have died, when he walked down to the newsagency the next day to grab the Herald Sun,” Brown told Nova 100.

Brooke Cotchin posted a supportive message on her Instagram account after Richmond’s heavy loss to West Coast and then agreed to an exclusive interview with the Sunday Herald Sun after the social media post gained traction.

“Expressing your feelings, you can understand but ... it’s the perception, obviously Richmond are going through a tough time, we just want to be big boys, we want to be men and it’s a man game.”

Brown said it was a “no-go zone” for his wife Kylie to make comments publicly during his decorated career at the Brisbane Lions.

“We get great support from our partners and our loved ones, they are there to support you at home, through the tough times, which is great, they do a fantastic job the girls, but they need to stay out of it publicly,” Brown said.

“This was a no-go zone from my wife Kylie, certainly I never had to muzzle her ... she would never have spoken publicly about it.”

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

If Trent Cotchin walks down to the newsagent to buy the Herald Sun then that's worse than anything else

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
A woman's place is at home tethered to my dick

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

It sounds like we have a caller from WA or QLD.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I just found out today that KFC Hot N' Spicy is only available in Queensland and WA. Some correolation perhaps?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

tbh Brown's sentiment applies to any family member, and he did put it that way for about 4 words in the middle, before :cripes:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Solemn Sloth posted:

I'd prefer 8+ but I'll be pissed when it is less than 6

Remember: this is the same tribunal system that let Tyrone Vickery's lawyers successfully bargain a discount in points for an early plea (iirc) despite that very thing not being allowed in direct to tribunal cases.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

drunkill posted:

Stolen from reddit, but:

The last time North finished a round on top of the ladder:

GWS and Gold Coast didn't exist.
Boomer Harvey was only 38 games into his career.
Our youngest player, Ben McKay, was 8 months and 7 days old.
The number one single in Australia was "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls.
Google was still five days away from launch.
We were still known as North Melbourne.

AND, Richmond were in 9th!

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

tbh Brown's sentiment applies to any family member, and he did put it that way for about 4 words in the middle, before :cripes:

Populism always finds a way.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

redweird posted:

I just found out today that KFC Hot N' Spicy is only available in Queensland and WA. Some correolation perhaps?

My mate told me that last night, said you can't get hot n spicy in Melbourne and I didn't believe him

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
i can sorta see an argument in brown's comments

in this modern era of sporting some of these superstars have become almost like their own brand and they have managers for marketing and poo poo and in australia I guess that can all be interlinked with the club's stuff, so having someone as lowly as a 'WAG' having a tell all to the local rag off the back of some facebook comment without consent could be seen as detrimental

...or something, i dunno, he just sounded like the typical blokey bloke

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Is hot n spicy something different to zinger?

You can get fish in Tassie stores atm. I don't recommend it

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
i havent ordered hot n spicy from my local kfc in ages so i wonder if maybe they just discontinued everything, i usually only get the zinger box because i hate my health and general sense of self worth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

i can sorta see an argument in brown's comments

in this modern era of sporting some of these superstars have become almost like their own brand and they have managers for marketing and poo poo and in australia I guess that can all be interlinked with the club's stuff, so having someone as lowly as a 'WAG' having a tell all to the local rag off the back of some facebook comment without consent could be seen as detrimental

...or something, i dunno, he just sounded like the typical blokey bloke

If I was a professional footballer, and I was having a lengthy rough patch of form, I wouldn't want anyone fro my family, or my non-footballing friends, going to social media and then the rags giving me support. In private sure, but out in public the only people I would accept voicing support - I'd rather nothing was said at all, so the issue would go away - are team mates, coaches, and any pundits I don't think are total fucksticks.

• Locked thread