Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Warmogs on Soraka isn't necessarily the best build but it basically gives her infinite no-risk healing and a ton of defensive stats once you get it. I wouldnt' say it is core but it can synergize really well with her abilities.

it's held back significantly by her low base hp being unable to trigger the warmogs passive until she's like level 15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Soraka's mana costs are still low enough that all she really needs is fqc and ardent censer, which are both core anyways. Afterwards warmogs is immediate core and then you can sorta build whatever

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Soraka's core stat is health regen not health. In fact it's very unlikely that she can get enough synergy with warmog's to make it worthwhile and you wouldn't build it before capping CDR anyways and once you've done that on a support the game is probably over.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Warmogs on raka depends somewhat on your team comp. If your entire team are the sort of champions who are really tanky, can safely disengage, etc, and the game drags out to where you're getting your fourth or fifth item, Warmogs is insane because it lets you just take towers and not give a gently caress if the opposing team tries to stop you.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Guys I think I like this new champion.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
:airquote:Support:airquote: Annie is fun.

http://i.imgur.com/yut87L8.png

slydingdoor
Oct 26, 2010

Are you in or are you out?
Build defensive items like warmogs on Soraka when the enemy team actually smartly tries to kill you in ways that are difficult to outplay. If it's not like that--you can kite them out or your team pokes and their team doesn't, etc.--build a bunch of AP or utility items and coast to victory with your top tier WR top tier BR champion. If it is one of those games--their team pokes well, they have assassins you can't outplay or outward, they have a ton of aoe, etc.--go ahead and build warmogs or GA or whatever you need to stay alive and be Soraka, and carefully coast to victory.

--a real plat support told me this, I am boosted garbage.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
So if Highlander reduces Yi's cooldowns by 70% when he gets a takedown, does that mean with 30% CDR, he gets Alpha Strike back up instantly if he scores a takedown with his Q?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

AHH FUGH posted:

So if Highlander reduces Yi's cooldowns by 70% when he gets a takedown, does that mean with 30% CDR, he gets Alpha Strike back up instantly if he scores a takedown with his Q?

pretty sure its remaining cooldown IE if you have 10s, it'll go to 3, 1s will go to .3 kinda dealio

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

It hard counters lichbane-Alistar

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Tanky assassins is the most bored I've had with this game in years

Gonna at the minimum wait until the meta changes

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

slydingdoor posted:

Build defensive items like warmogs on Soraka when the enemy team actually smartly tries to kill you in ways that are difficult to outplay. If it's not like that--you can kite them out or your team pokes and their team doesn't, etc.--build a bunch of AP or utility items and coast to victory with your top tier WR top tier BR champion. If it is one of those games--their team pokes well, they have assassins you can't outplay or outward, they have a ton of aoe, etc.--go ahead and build warmogs or GA or whatever you need to stay alive and be Soraka, and carefully coast to victory.

This is all good, but I'll add that if you're getting focused out as Soraka you generally want to build to counter whichever diver is catching you out since it's probably the same guy consistently doing it. Leblanc going from 1-shotting me in a round of cooldowns/ignite to failing to do it at around 25-mins has won me a bunch of games, thanks to my best friend ZZ'rot portal.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ZenVulgarity posted:

Tanky assassins is the most bored I've had with this game in years

Gonna at the minimum wait until the meta changes

So basically next patch? Because they're nerfing corrupting potion, icy glove, Grasp of the Undying, Graves, AND Ekko

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

AHH FUGH posted:

So basically next patch? Because they're nerfing corrupting potion, icy glove, Grasp of the Undying, Graves, AND Ekko

Nope

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

AHH FUGH posted:

Fiora saw all that she had made, and she saw that it was very good. And evening passed and morning came, marking the sixth straight day of Doran's Blade start Fiora..

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Bholder posted:

It hard counters lichbane-Alistar

I didn't even notice that. But after the first two flash Tibbers on the botlane they kinda got the message. And Zed needs to learn to not facecheck bushes that may or may not have an Annie ready with a full combo.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
http://plays.tv/video/5713f4b1214223db8a/diona-wmv

Diana tutorial. (Pro E levelling!)

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
:yeah:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2160668995/38423259?tab=overview
try and guess why the ashe only has 10k gold at 30 minutes
it was a 3man who tried to make her 2v1 so they could cheese graves top, failed, tried coming bottom about 3 times and trading 2 for 1 each time. We then proceeded to take turns going bottom and killing her whenever she set foot from her T2 and that ended up not stopping us eventually

i almost felt bad the 4th time it happened

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Riven panth bot op

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

AHH FUGH posted:

wait, really? yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
im not usually a mean spirited individual, but udyr splitpushers who itemize for phoenix/movespeed and are naturally tanky and can't be touched ever deserve a special place in league of legends hell

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
this game is loving dumb

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Luna Was Here posted:

im not usually a mean spirited individual, but udyr splitpushers who itemize for phoenix/movespeed and are naturally tanky and can't be touched ever deserve a special place in league of legends hell

They "nerfed" phoenix. It doesn't change the fact that Udyr is a bullshit champion that needs to have his his movespeed nerfed. Nothing is more bullshit and tilting than having Udyr get away with almost no health.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You jammed maces up peoples assholes until they became your ghost bitch

that is my nightly activity

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

lucifirius posted:

They "nerfed" phoenix. It doesn't change the fact that Udyr is a bullshit champion that needs to have his his movespeed nerfed. Nothing is more bullshit and tilting than having Udyr get away with almost no health.

udyr is win bro. just loving people up. straight savage.. i love it.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

udyr is win bro. just loving people up. straight savage.. i love it.

ftw

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

AHH FUGH posted:

Balls, corrupting potion? :( But that's my only 'damage item' on singed until I finish building ZZrot amd gottagofast boots.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Build rylais first

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Build rylais first

That comes after, I prefer actual speed just in case I get locked out, I overextend aggressively with singed, so if an Udyr or Sejuanni or Naut or someone else with endless CC comes, I find in my play style boots + ZZrot boost is more helpful than Rylais. My core build order is

Mana crystal + refill > tear > corrupting potion > cloak > boots/boots + > ZZrot THEN Rylais. Then after that I assess the game and decide if I want more tank or more damage.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Sometimes the trash talking in games confuses me.

I had a game last night where my team hit the language barrier between English and Mandarin and somehow we ended up with a Jhin top with Smite.

The opposing team trash talked the poo poo out of him every time he got ganked and it's like "you're PROUD of your ability to tower dive a Jhin solo with smite?"

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I feel like the LW side items should be better, work together, or at least have other items to build with them. Grievous wounds are so important now that bruisers are ruling the meta, but the < 1000g item to apply them on basic attacks kinda sucks and locks you out of Dominik if you complete Mortal Reminder. Why not bring back the Zephyr and make AS, AD, CD and grievous wounds instead of MS? I think people would buy it then

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Just supported a Kalista and snowballed off an Alistar and Tristana. The Tristana was apparently a fresh 30 just like our Tryndamere. The big difference was that me and Kalista were able to take towers while everybody else was loving around. And looking on champion.gg I can see that their Udyr was a fresh 30 too.

Too bad I didn't have plays.tv running otherwise you would've been able to see me run around Alistar and Udyr for a while.

http://i.imgur.com/iuqbKLj.png

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So I just noticed I'm at 7k IP again. What champ should I get Goons?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
What champions do you like playing? What is it about those champions that make you enjoy them? What roles do you feel you are lacking champions in?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Alright Bondo the train is leaving the station. choo choo

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

The Door Frame posted:

I feel like the LW side items should be better, work together, or at least have other items to build with them. Grievous wounds are so important now that bruisers are ruling the meta, but the < 1000g item to apply them on basic attacks kinda sucks and locks you out of Dominik if you complete Mortal Reminder. Why not bring back the Zephyr and make AS, AD, CD and grievous wounds instead of MS? I think people would buy it then

In terms of DPS, Zephyr was pretty mediocre before (small amount of AD, no crit, and massively outscaled by a second phantom dancer) and ADCs now get all the CDR they can possibly want with Essence Reaver (which is actually a nice change). The LW items do suck but that's just because bonus armor pen is usually literally worthless against 40-60% of the enemy team.

I'm not sure why Grievous wounds are especially good against bruisers. LDR is better in most circumstances.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

blah_blah posted:

In terms of DPS, Zephyr was pretty mediocre before (small amount of AD, no crit, and massively outscaled by a second phantom dancer) and ADCs now get all the CDR they can possibly want with Essence Reaver (which is actually a nice change). The LW items do suck but that's just because bonus armor pen is usually literally worthless against 40-60% of the enemy team.

I'm not sure why Grievous wounds are especially good against bruisers. LDR is better in most circumstances.

a lot of people mistakenly buy mortal reminder against soraka because they never read the patch note that grievous wounds doesn't reduce external healing anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

lucifirius posted:

How do I untilt myself? Seriously, I'm on a minor losing streak.

Go fishing, take 40mg of adderall and try again

• Locked thread