Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
Athena, Felix, and August

Thought about the others, but this seems that most fun to me

Also I kept thinking the stranger was Felix; he had been gone for most of the story, just the only piece that didn't fit was the Helios suit

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

Speedball posted:

One of the last DLCs for Borderlands 2 had him get a "gift" that was a message from an apparent rival. All it said was, " 0 < 1 "

Son of Crawmerax, yeah. It was one of the better DLCs purely because the vault hunters actually talked in it; gave them more personality. Is the Pre Sequel any good, and are the hunters more talkative in it?

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

NextTime000 posted:

Athena, Felix, and August

Simply the best selection!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

sleepy.eyes posted:

Son of Crawmerax, yeah. It was one of the better DLCs purely because the vault hunters actually talked in it; gave them more personality. Is the Pre Sequel any good, and are the hunters more talkative in it?

All of the hunters are more talkative yes, though this is both good and bad. Good because hooray more talking and listening to Handsome Jack talk to and comment about himself is great (I love Dopple) and bad because their lines 'idle' lines recycle a lot more.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
Cassius, Felix and Athena.

Old Men Unite! .oh and sword lady.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Zer0, Janey, Felix. Rather egotistically because I didn't use them - and with our characters, we need all the haiku we can get.
Anyhow, what broke the Stranger's identity for me finally was Kroger showing up. I suspected ever since we saw the suits (and Conference Call) on Helios - but the moment Kroger showed up, it was just certain LB got down as well, otherwise why would such a badass let Kroger escape and die himself?
Vaughn is pretty simple because a)abs b)he wears the mask you picked way way back in episode 1.

EponymousMrYar posted:

All of the hunters are more talkative yes, though this is both good and bad. Good because hooray more talking and listening to Handsome Jack talk to and comment about himself is great (I love Dopple) and bad because their lines 'idle' lines recycle a lot more.
Also bad because of them is Claptrap.

By the way, what happens if you let Athena kill Cassius? Does Vaughn not show up or does something stop her and it's another non-choice?

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 16, 2016

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
After having watched everything, I frankly can't believe my first guess on who the stranger was (that I felt sure of when I saw the suit) was right. :stare:

The gun is one thing, the suit cracked it wide open.

Edit: Alas, no Team of Brick, Brick and Brick (She's the prettiest.)
So Zer0, Janey, Athena.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Apr 16, 2016

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

anilEhilated posted:

By the way, what happens if you let Athena kill Cassius? Does Vaughn not show up or does something stop her and it's another non-choice?

Kind of seems like she'd kill him. Felix probably would have died if we hadn't warned him about the case, I'm not sure about August but maybe Valorie would have killed him if we'd pinned the fuckup on him? This is Borderlands, everyone that's not a member of the core caste is at risk.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Captain Bravo posted:

Kind of seems like she'd kill him. Felix probably would have died if we hadn't warned him about the case, I'm not sure about August but maybe Valorie would have killed him if we'd pinned the fuckup on him? This is Borderlands, everyone that's not a member of the core caste is at risk.
Yeah, but Cassius ended up saving Vaughn. For the second time.
Well, there'd probably be an excuse for why Vaughn is there.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Kaubocks posted:

Vaughn gets caught if you encourage Athena's bloodlust against Cassius, actually, since Vaughn can no longer get help from the old dude with crazy hair.

I believe Kaubocks said in one of the episodes that Valorie will just keep Vaughn as a hostage. One can assume he would then escape in the chaos of Helios crashing to the ground, thanks to Valorie being killed by the monster.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

If Cassius is killed, Vaughn is captured with the rest of the group and Rhys helps him escape (by literally jumping off the truck) during the drive over to get Vasquez's face. Vallory will also stab him in the side instead of stabbing Sasha as motivation.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The third member matters less but we need Janey and Athena

Still select Felix for the scene though.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Zer0, Athena, and...I guess Felix. Should be nice to see closure to that part of the story. A team without the 2 actual Vault Hunters sounds like a Bad Idea (TM). Plus Zer0 is a ninja and I'll be damned if we go without a ninja when the opportunity presents.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Athena and Janey because it'd be cute, and Felix because plot.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Cassius, Felix and Zero, because they're the ones I didn't pick.

...what?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I saw somebody mention LB before realizing 5-3 was up, and I spent the ENTIRE EPISODE pulling my hair out trying to figure out who LB was. I went over every character I could think of, even the museum dude from the first episodes who was very creepy. I was still running firstname/lastnames through my head while the "I saw the betrayal" scene started, and when it zoomed in on Loader Bot I lost my poo poo. I still can't find it, it's all over the place, I can't put the puddle back together to group up all the poop. This game is too loving good.

Anyway, My vote goes for Athena, Felix, and Cassius. There are people we need to come to terms with, and people who need to come to terms with each other. Athena is a badass in her own right, so she can hold her ground. Felix and Cassius are two smart old dudes who can definitely help us rig things in our favor, especially with LB on our side. And Felix needs to own up to what he did... while Cassius needs to own up to this new position of CTO of Atlas corporations! :science:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Warren Waters posted:

Athena, Janey, and Felix.

Quoting for agreement. I want to know what the hell Felix has been up to ever since we managed to stop him from Torgue-ing at the beginning of this.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Warren Waters posted:

Athena, Janey, and Felix.

The bandwagon, it calls to me.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Zer0 is useful
Athena, essential too
Janey for some luck

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
Athena, Janey, and Felix. I want to see how our star-crossed lovers are doing, and what the gently caress Felix was actually trying to pull!

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately
The scene of "the betrayal" from LB's perspective packs a surprising amount of emotion into a face that, by all rational metrics, is incapable of expression. Great work to really frame LB's horror and sense of absolute denial.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Cassius, Felix and August.

This story from the start hasn't been one about gigantic heroes battling gargantuan monsters for epic loot.
This has been the story about a bunch of gently caress ups running into trouble all the goddamn time. Our A B-Team should reflect that

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

FoolyCharged posted:

This story from the start hasn't been one about gigantic heroes battling gargantuan monsters for epic loot.
Counterpoint: Gortys.
Either way, you shall eat those words yet, sir.

The Watercrown
Feb 10, 2014

We Shall Become Gods

We Shall Become Gods

WE SHALL ALL DIE AND BECOME AS GODS
Anyone else think that Bearded Vaughn looks like Robin WIlliams in Jumanji?

Oh, and Janey, August, Athena

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

anilEhilated posted:

Counterpoint: Gortys.
Either way, you shall eat those words yet, sir.

Last I checked Gortys got killed because they were so bad at fighting giant monsters that they failed to win with a giant monster robot fighting with them. :colbert:
I mean, they're porbably going to kill the giant monster and get sick loot but that's not really what the story is about. Kind of like how the hobbit has gently caress all to do with smaug.

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

The Watercrown posted:

Anyone else think that Bearded Vaughn looks like Robin WIlliams in Jumanji?

I can see that.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
Athena, because she is a badass.

Zer0, because he speaks in haiku and is also a baddass.

Felix, because we haven't seen him for a while.

Cartheon fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 17, 2016

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Jetrauben posted:

The scene of "the betrayal" from LB's perspective packs a surprising amount of emotion into a face that, by all rational metrics, is incapable of expression. Great work to really frame LB's horror and sense of absolute denial.
He should give himself an eyebrow.

SaltyMoose
Jan 4, 2013

no seriously stop
Zer0 because he is awesome.

Athena because she is awesome.

Cassius because why the gently caress not.

Zeond
Oct 16, 2008

Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy, 55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.
Athena for her vault hunting skills, Janey for mechanical issues and Felix for plot reasons.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Go, go TEAM ATLAS: Athena, Cassius and.. uh.. Felix?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

poo poo, that's right, I forgot about Athena's quest to murder every Atlas employee. I wonder how well that goes over if you let her kill Cassius, and then inform her that Rhys is the new Last Atlas Employee on Pandora? :getin:

The Fat Swordsman
Feb 13, 2012
Athena is practically a member of the team already, despite being actually skilled at things and not a general gently caress up like everyone else.

Athena shouldn't go Vault hunting without Janey, especially with how we were kinda the issue that caused the two of them so much grief recently.

Wild Card: Cassius might have some knowledge that could prove useful and is an old man that we could beat up if he gets surly about anything, like not getting a share of what's in the Vault or something. And, hell, he helped Vaughn. Vaughn! We wouldn't be graced with the gloriousness that is Vaughn's abs without him!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Vaughn is experiencing Riker levels of improvement-via-beard.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Janey, Athena, Felix

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Max for time powers, Warren for brutal beatdowns, and, uh... Frank. For dogs.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
Athena, Janey, Felix.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The response to this vote has been incredible! I'm looking forward to counting it up this evening when I got home from work.

That being said, if there's anyone out there who still hasn't made a decision, you only have about five hours left! Wouldn't want you to miss out on the fun! :)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Bring the people you couldn't take with you if everyone had voted like me. Felix, Cassius and Janey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The final vote is closed! That's right, my friends, it's the last choice to be made in the game. In retrospect I probably should have said something but, regardless, you all came out in full force to select your favorite characters! So let's go ahead and take a look at the results.

To start things off, there was one dangling plot thread you guys really wanted to know the resolution to. Why did Felix betray us? Was it purely out of greed, or was there more to it? Could him and the girls ever reconcile what happened and make amends? Even if it turns out he's just a dick... Even if we have to pay him with riches in the vault, his cunning plans could be a great help to us, and as a result Felix got 75 votes!

A plan is well and good but if we don't have battle expertise we won't make it out alive. We could recruit Zer0... but there's a different vault hunter we traveled with for quite a while. One who knows us. One who laid her life on the line just to protect us. That kind of attitude on Pandora is rare, and as a result Athena got 69 votes!

However, Athena made a promise to her girlfriend that she wouldn't risk her life in the vault hunting business anymore. Granted, it turns out she was lying, and Janey was understandably hurt about it. It would be rude of us to encourage this behavior and ask her to continue to operate behind Janey's back. ...that is, of course, unless we ask her girlfriend to come along with us so she can keep any eye on her, and as a result Janey got 63 votes!

Janey - 63
Felix - 75
August - 18
Cassius - 27
Zer0 - 38
Athena - 69

I'm sorry, Zer0, Cassius, and August. They just didn't quite make the cut. But you know what? It's ok. There are clearly people out there that support them and want to see what they bring to the table. Because of this, I'd like to announce that -- once the dust of battle settles and the LP is over -- I will make a bonus video showing off these three in action! Sadly I don't have the time or patience to record combinations of every team, but I hope you guys will enjoy the extra content. ;)

Thank you all for participating in the thread. We're almost there and I'm looking forward to taking you to the finish line.

• Locked thread