Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So what are currently the best ships for small roaming gang pvp? Assault Cruisers? Interceptors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

gwrtheyrn posted:

[ 2016.04.18 04:40:43 ] Xolve > Arrendis coming for your scimitar homie

:haw:

He used the sphere to discover who the anchor was :stonk:

Neif
Jul 26, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what are currently the best ships for small roaming gang pvp? Assault Cruisers? Interceptors?

I'm far from elite PvP. but Svipuls is the Dramiel from 2011.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

For nano-y stuff, T3Ds (specifically, artillery svipuls or beam confessors), caracals as a cheap option, navy omens, orthruses, gilas, navy ospreys, supporting keres for damps, maybe something like a mach, barghest, oracle, or typhoon for supplemental heavy dps.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Orange Red Bull posted:

Whats good eve thread? I spent all day today playing better games than eve feels good man

Heres a cat

Nice cat

Xolve posted:

Somehow (through bad scouting and worse tackling) we missed catching Vulan's Caracal fleet, and ran into Asher's Cerb fleet, got a few kills, then in the subsequent 20 minutes or so we ran down a few retreating cowards before settling back in X-7.

One day, I will murder Arrendis' Scimitar.

Good luck, but with all the t1 tank mods he uses I'm sure the kill mail won't be very exciting

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Looks like the Testagram is falling, albeit to Darkness rather than TEST. If Darkness really do plan to live in Deklein once this is all done, it'll be interesting to see how resilient they are with PL living in X-7.

e: jeez, I think the wheaties are being eaten on a fairly large scale at the moment - huge chunks of Dek are being flipped.

LemonDrizzle fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Apr 18, 2016

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

we're pretty sure that the allegedly banned loyalanon was banned for calling antigankers predisposed to murder suicides because of that one antiganker killed his son and then himself.

In game I hope.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

LemonDrizzle posted:

For nano-y stuff, T3Ds (specifically, artillery svipuls or beam confessors), caracals as a cheap option, navy omens, orthruses, gilas, navy ospreys, supporting keres for damps, maybe something like a mach, barghest, oracle, or typhoon for supplemental heavy dps.

So basically no Gallente ships? Or at least something that uses hybrid or energy turrets?

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Apr 18, 2016

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I understood less than half of these words.
"If by small gang you mean fast kiting ships in groups of maybe 5-10, good options include artillery svipuls, beam confessors, rapid light missile caracals, navy omens, orthruses, gilas, and navy ospreys. It is very helpful to have someone bring along a Keres to damp out enemy logistics, recons, and ranged damage. It is also nice to have at least one heavier ship to increase your gang's overall dps output - Machariels, Barghests, Oracles, and Typhoons are all good options for this purpose."

quote:

So basically no Gallente ships? Or at least something that uses hybrid or energy turrets?
The Keres is Gallente, and the Confessor, Oracle, and Navy Omen all use energy turrets.

LemonDrizzle fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Apr 18, 2016

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
So, if i were a goon looking for non consensual PVP not in high sec, where would i go?
I mean is there a "safe region" where people mine and chill which i can cloak camp and hotdrop with a covert cyno?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

RattiRatto posted:

So, if i were a goon looking for non consensual PVP not in high sec, where would i go?
I mean is there a "safe region" where people mine and chill which i can cloak camp and hotdrop with a covert cyno?

What do you mean by safe, because you can do just that in most of PB, Dek, and Fade right now

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

gwrtheyrn posted:

What do you mean by safe, because you can do just that in most of PB, Dek, and Fade right now

Have the invaders already settled down in these regions? I thought it was still warfare zone. at least all the last fleet i joined in Sare were there

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Kind of. It's probably not the best idea to go around solo unless you're multiboxing a scout because there is probably at least one bubble camp up between saranen and wherever you want to go at any given point, but there are ratters/miners to kill. Boat et al have had bombers doing this the entire weekend.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

RattiRatto posted:

Have the invaders already settled down in these regions? I thought it was still warfare zone. at least all the last fleet i joined in Sare were there

Anything north of Saranen is suicide if you go out solo. You might have some luck south of Saranen if your smart, I've only been blap'd once day tripping around the southern areas while flying smart.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Da Mott Man posted:

Anything north of Saranen is suicide if you go out solo. You might have some luck south of Saranen if your smart, I've only been blap'd once day tripping around the southern areas while flying smart.

EWOK is camped most of the day by Lee ChanKa.

Don't die to this guy.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Apr 18, 2016

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

mpaarating posted:

We're blue to Wag now. :suicide:

Rumor has it that the 2012 SV gang is coalescing around/in groon. Can you imagine the quality posting of that forum?

you mean wok the dog?

When you thought there were no further depths to plumb.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Dear Mittani, It boggles my mind as to why people follow your lame 150 pound soaking wet rear end. You are a pathological liar, a narsasist, ugly excuse of a man, Lance Bass hairstyle from the 90s N*Sync wearing, lame, nerdy pile of worthless poo poo. You tried skimming money for a book for your own profit, which you will deny. You generate traffic to TMC and pocket the cash while paying your writers in isk. I mean seriously, dethrone this clown , elect someone worth a gently caress or just disband the corp / alliance as a whole. The people finally figured out that as a whole they can beat down the bully and the war is a loss. Now you have countless people with their assets locked up in places they will never get back unless they switch sides to MBC. I mean idk I'm ranting for sure but how dumb can people be? THE GUY IS A MORON WITH NO REAL QUALIFICATION TO HOLD THE POSITION THATBHE HAS. I mean technically no one does, but I promise you there are countless people that can. poo poo, I could end this war in a week and make everyone happy. But hey, sit in station and blue ball MBC because that is all you can do. Just quit lying to your line members and act like poo poo will get better. You lost the war, CFCs reign is over. Try again in a year when CFC gets their poo poo together. And for the record I take no favor on either side of the war, just calling the blatent obvious.
tldr; The mittani is a Jew, and not the good king ratting in JU- kind.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
get your r/eve propaganda today! smoothes the brain wrinkles right out

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Good morning thread! I apologise for not being around this weekend. I am very excited to get home from work and start mining up again though!

Samiz
Sep 10, 2013

AdamD posted:

why wait?

Can't access greatergoon.com.

Edit: Nevermind

Samiz fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Apr 18, 2016

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Samiz posted:

Can't access greatergoon.com.
Works just fine for me.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Lost your titan, died to SMASH

:masterstroke:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
oh look marx is coming in and picking up where despera left off :rolleyes:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
You know Despera it's really un-cool that you left with an Avatar. The ratting Chimera is whatever but why'd you have to jump ship with an Avatar

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

oh look marx is coming in and picking up where despera left off :rolleyes:

I couldn't be that terrible and cringeworthy if I tried.

And I've tried.

And you still lost your titan.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
This war has done a great thing - introduced me to If the Emperor had a Text-to-Speech Device.

Endie needs to do something like it I think. Starring:

DJ as the Emperor
The Mittani as Lord Inquisitor Fyodor Karamazov
Sion as Lexmechanic Dominique
???? as the Ecclesiarch Decius (not sure who can play this part).
Whoever the guy was in charge of Corps Diplomatic as the Master of the Administratum
Digi as the Grand Provost Marshal
DBRB as as the Lord Commander Militant of the Imperial Guard
Solo Drakenban as the Mechanicus Fabricator General

I'm still half way through it, so I don't yet know how it turns out yet. So far DJ hasn't been very happy with what's been going on. Hmm...Endie would be one of the traitor legion leaders probably.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Apr 18, 2016

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Marxalot posted:

I couldn't be that terrible and cringeworthy if I tried.

And I've tried.

And you still lost your titan.

At least you didn't lose it to CVA or whatever they were called back then.

Samiz
Sep 10, 2013

LemonDrizzle posted:

Works just fine for me.

gently caress me, it didn't work for me yesterday...

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Xolve posted:

image removed to spare us our remaining iq points

Don't die to this guy.

Is that actually a picture of Lee Chanka or just his illitterate sperg onto a random nerdshot?

Last time he was making a nuisance of himself I looked at his KB and deduced that he averaged over 12 hours a day. Kills would be spread out here and there but never by enough to account for anything other than a shower (ok I'm projecting my normie privilege there) or maybe a trip to the store. Who needs a job or school, he's doing his part for society by fighting the gonie menace! :haw:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Someone said he plays from work which explains him being slightly active through the day.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I got really excited and thought despera lost his titan

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Xolve posted:

Don't die to this guy.

God dammit I can't find the picture of him in full uniform with his gun playing EVE at the LAN center in Serbia or wherever in Eastern Bloc he's from.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

VideoGames posted:

Good morning thread! I apologise for not being around this weekend. I am very excited to get home from work and start mining up again though!

I'm holding down the fort mate!

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
So I'm looking at the anchored bubble hell that Deklein has become and I can't help but wonder if this is karma coming to judge me after the 240+ small anchored bubbles I dropped in Querious.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I'm beginning to think that just not looking at the eve thread from friday at 5pm until monday at 8am is probably my best bet. God weekenders poo poo up the place.

Also whoever posted about sov wheaties wasn't kidding, lotta broken windows in dek. Weekend warriors been pulling their weight.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I think they've stopped. The horde guy chilled out and despera left, presumably to go back to ratting under the test banner.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

I'm holding down the fort mate!

That is beautiful! o7

I finally figured out that that is a salute!

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah we're gonna be off the sov map by next week. Oh well, been here before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Zephyrine posted:

So I'm looking at the anchored bubble hell that Deklein has become and I can't help but wonder if this is karma coming to judge me after the 240+ small anchored bubbles I dropped in Querious.

Anchored bubbles work both ways :black101:

• Locked thread