Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Where the hell is the ice magic From? There's already all that crystal poo poo. Throw me a frickin snowball

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Where the hell is the ice magic From? There's already all that crystal poo poo. Throw me a frickin snowball

Yeah when I saw frostbite I was very stoked about that but it never happened. I would be thrilled if they added a brand new damage type in the DLC honestly because snow/frost is really thetmatically important in Ds3 and it deserves some numbers behind it

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
https://imgur.com/a/olgvn

This here has all the secret poo poo in the game that you can't get. It hides horrifying truths. For instance I never wanted to see Greirat's true face.

Also lol Hawkwood is ugly as hell

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
or "ash" could also make for a very cool new element type and could tie into that very well. the base game is amazing and basically lacking nothing so I just hope they take some crazy new risks with the DLC as much as I would still be satisfied with "more of the same"

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I wanna know what happened to Priscilla is she canon-dead or what

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Boomstick Quaid posted:

https://imgur.com/a/olgvn

This here has all the secret poo poo in the game that you can't get. It hides horrifying truths. For instance I never wanted to see Greirat's true face.

Also lol Hawkwood is ugly as hell

drat that's a lot of pyromacy flames

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
umm m wtf why isnt siegward at the kitchen? i gave him his armor

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

umm m wtf why isnt siegward at the kitchen? i gave him his armor

this is what im talking about lmao

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8kT_lZbRs4

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

drat that's a lot of pyromacy flames

That giant's armor looks so bad. I'm glad a good deal of that poo poo is cut it looks so drat goofy. The writing for the descriptions is piss

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i had ng+ pontiff down to a sliver and the game tabbed out for no reason. when i tabbed back in he was killing me with the big stab

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

i had ng+ pontiff down to a sliver and the game tabbed out for no reason. when i tabbed back in he was killing me with the big stab

My controller turned off for no reason during abyss watchers it was intense but I still won

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
The Varangian Armor looks like someone wearing their dad's suit lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao jesus

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

61 int

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

siegward is in his cell now despite not being at the kitchen. lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
this nigga pontiff..

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dragonslayer Armour is whipping my rear end. But the messed up part is, like the Dancer, I memorized his moveset already but once I gently caress up a dodge I get killed from 1700 HP (!!!) in one combo. I'll beat him eventually though.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
holy gently caress. the area after irithyll. whaaaaaat

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

Every single new area of the game for me has been one mind blowing experience after the other

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

rediscover posted:

said that out loud when the area name appeared

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've never played a Dark Souls game before and so I decided to go out and find a copy of DS1 on XBox 360 since it's backwards compatible on XBox One. I couldn't find one, so I just ended up buying DS3 instead. Well, as luck may have it, there's a promotion going on at the moment where you get a copy of DS1 if you buy DS3. Good poo poo. So I've decided to start with DS1 and work my way from there, although I've been told it might be worth doing DS1 > DS3 > DS2 instead. What would be the reason for this, is DS2 not as good?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yolomancer posted:

I've never played a Dark Souls game before and so I decided to go out and find a copy of DS1 on XBox 360 since it's backwards compatible on XBox One. I couldn't find one, so I just ended up buying DS3 instead. Well, as luck may have it, there's a promotion going on at the moment where you get a copy of DS1 if you buy DS3. Good poo poo. So I've decided to start with DS1 and work my way from there, although I've been told it might be worth doing DS1 > DS3 > DS2 instead. What would be the reason for this, is DS2 not as good?
2 is the least good but it's fine, play them in order

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Beat the game, was excellent.

Weirdly I think I missed an estus flash shard somewhere despite being quite thorough. Wonder where. I know I didn't get ultimate bonfire due to being dumb and feeding a bone shard to the birds to see what I'd get.

Whatever now I'm just gonna sit around in the pointiff bonfire in Irythill and PvP all day every day. If anyone sees Mercenary Edric that's my char.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Dragonslayer Armour is whipping my rear end. But the messed up part is, like the Dancer, I memorized his moveset already but once I gently caress up a dodge I get killed from 1700 HP (!!!) in one combo. I'll beat him eventually though.

I beat that bitch on my 2nd try. Epic fight.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Yolomancer posted:

where is that deal going on

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

Yolomancer posted:

play them in order so you can experience DS3 as the proper apex of the series, and of video games in general.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Ultra Greatswords FTMFW

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a Loving Dog posted:

where is that deal going on

I bought a boxed copy from JB HiFi (not sure if you have that store where you're from) and there was a card inside with a code for Dark Souls 1. If you go here the same deal is listed:

https://store.xbox.com/en-GB/Xbox-One/Bundle/DARK-SOULS-III-Deluxe-Edition-Pre-order/e947d812-0d3c-464c-a3df-b8b8ec293508

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Every time I get summoned for Abyss Watchers the host is instantly obliterated.

I love that fight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HOw does Metroid crawl

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yolomancer posted:

I would say go in order, especially since if you beat DSIII and then tried to play Ds2 you probably wouldn't wanna get through it. It's fine but it's definitely a lot weaker than 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My plan to take a one day break from DSIII is paying off because I woke up sick and I'm going lay in bed with a 2 gallon jug of OJ and play dark souls 3 all day.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
DS2 will seem like a gigantic pile of steaming poo poo coming from DS3.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I;m going to replay DS2 wwhen I burn out on 3........... and I'm going to enjoy it

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I still think bloodborne might be my more beloved game, but DS3 is a real beast

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I beat the Nameless King. That was one of the best Souls bosses ever made and now I have insane swag

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

I;m going to replay DS2 wwhen I burn out on 3........... and I'm going to enjoy it

[taken czech voice] good luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I finished the game and now I'm going to kill myself because I'll never experience such joy again in my dumb fat life.

• Locked thread