Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

EightAce posted:

Sandi "I'm in the Balkans training an elite hit team for some wet work in the UK and US" Gardiner

Well it would make sense, since she has all that vaguely described "weapons" and "martial arts" training.

e: first post snype catte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

EightAce posted:

Sandi "I'm in the Balkans training an elite hit team for some wet work in the UK and US" Gardiner

you mean this elite team?

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.
This is off topic, but I wanted to make a joke about Money's best video edit. I went back to the RtV. The edit has been reverted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfY_l_UyB1w&t=1365s

Was it because we picked up on it, or have I found the wrong video?

I don't know if this was picked up on before, but watch the crew's reaction as Sandi appears:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Seriously though if I was a customer with hundreds to thousands of bucks worth of purchases I'd be loving pissed if my ticket wasn't even acknowledged for days and days.

Amazon usually has a resolution within 24 hours for simple stuff.

Standards for poo poo like this is at least a "hey thanks for your ticket. We are working on it now doing X" within 12-24 hours on submission. If not sooner.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

EminusSleepus posted:

This is so much more disturbing now that I know he wants to gently caress Misty.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Daztek posted:

What position am I on the list

two weeks

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Ray, maybe stop telling George to tweet stuff as he hates it and you shouldn't really be advising anyone on best practices.

https://twitter.com/George_CIG/status/722007926261608448

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

EminusSleepus posted:

i wanna make a joke about poly something but im struggling here

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Xaerael posted:

I need a break from the Lesnickgeddon, so in keeping with the thread, here's what I waste tons of money on (but it's still not as much of a waste as Star Citizen).

This little poo poo was £125, but it's super limited edition, and I loving love Zeta Gundam variants.

Your Pikachu is lovely.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Nation posted:

polysaccharides. there you go

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

Ray, maybe stop telling George to tweet stuff as he hates it and you shouldn't really be advising anyone on best practices.

https://twitter.com/George_CIG/status/722007926261608448

Did anybody go through that album? It's 65 loving pages of pictures of the chatbox.

Some "noob" rammed this dude's ship (lol, good job whoever it was) and he got stuck out in space and made a bunch of idiots come look for him. It was all very emergent.

The best part is because the game only lets other players track ships, he had to loving take a ss of where he was in the game and paste the imgur link into the chat in order to be found. Great job, CIG.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Samizdata posted:

Well, no. SFTP is. I'm using it right now!

SFTP is FTP through an SSH tunnel.
So, FTP still.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Stanko-Prussian posted:

polysaccharides. there you go

noice

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

:vince:

This one is definitely my favourite. They're bitching about poo poo like horse armour and exclusive gamestop preorder bonuses like it's loving 2006 while spending tens of loving thousands of dollars on internet spaceships!

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COZPAa817xY&t=257s And I thought, my God, the vision of that! The vision! The faith to do that! Perfect, investment, immersive, fidelitous, pre-alpha. And then I realised shitizens were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not JPEGs, these were assets....hand crafted assets. These assets that were repipelined by enlarged hearts, who craved children, who were filled with grief...but Chris Roberts had the strength....the strength....to not fire Ben. If I had ten websites of those loaf quotes, our troubles would be over very quickly. You have to have shitizens who are immersed...and at the same time who are able to utilize their sunk cost fallacy to invest without deadlines....without open development.... without FUD...without FUD! Because it's FUD that defeats CIG - Derek Smart

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

orcinus posted:

So, FTP still.

S/FTP is still widely used today albeit not publicly I mean mostly used via intranet

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

orcinus posted:

So, FTP still.

ABC LMNOP

ESPN

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Sperglord posted:

Are you being serious with your warnings about Eastern European toughs going to rough up some of the detractors? That seems too far-fetched to be true, especially CIG collaboration with them, but this is CIG.

There are a few very very odd cultists who show up at these citizen con and bar citizen type functions. Even by average cultist standards these guys are off the chart. A lot of them are from eastern Europe and seem to think that the UEE is real and plan on pretty much living there full time, many have also done military service (Apparently thats still a thing in Poland etc ). I made a post about these guys a while ago. This got deleted for various reasons , but the long and short of it was they are straight up unhinged ..
However my current posts are in jest , there is not an Eastern European hit squad with a list of forumites names and addresses (That they have bought on the dark web off MeLKor). You can sleep soundly in the knowledge that a portly gentleman with bunny ears , a deflated sex doll and a crossbow will come knocking any time soon. Or indeed a ninja wearing soiled Dunlop' green flash' trainers scratching at the window late one stormy night.
My wish is not to alarm anyone unduly, sleep well

EightAce fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Apr 18, 2016

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Never not post.

You're god drat right. Unless you were going to effort post all the way to Derek's twitterfeed.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Melkor can i see my notes please

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Sperglord posted:

Whatever happened to the Eastern European Hit Squads that EightAce warned about?

Remember how I once said ITT, how I wasn't a CIG shill but *didn't* mention anything about that, even tho I am Eastern European?

:commissar:

EightAce posted:

There are a few very very odd cultists who show up at these citizen con and bar citizen type functions. Even by average cultist standards these guys are off the chart. A lot of them are from eastern Europe and seem to think that the UEE is real and plan on pretty much living there full time, many have also done military service (Apparently thats still a thing in Poland etc ). I made a post about these guys a while ago. This got deleted for various reasons , but the long and short of it was they are straight up unhinged ..
However my current posts are in jest , there is not an Eastern European hit squad with a list of forumites names and addresses (That they have bought on the dark web off MeLKor). You can sleep soundly in the knowledge that a portly gentleman with bunny ears , a deflated sex doll and a crossbow will come knocking any time soon. Or indeed a ninja wearing soiled Dunlop' green flash' trainers scratching at the window late one stormy night.

LMAO! Silly polaks...that's westerns slavs for you I guess. /southern slav pride

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Please find the time to call or visit your parents. life is much nicer when you maintain good relations with everyone who has shown you love and kindness

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

EightAce posted:

I knew there was another reason for MeLKoR's notes

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
EightAce I hope you can shed light on what is going on in CIG today after a wonderful few days.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

The overlook hotel has new guests. Derek Smart is walking up the stairs towards Chris Roberts with a deranged look and twitterfeed in hand as the Director backs away from the indie developer fossil, and finds his feet clipping through the stairs.

"I'm not gunna sue you CIG," Derek says and posts another tweet. "You didn't let me loving finish. I'm not gunna sue you CIG, I'm just gunna burn your company down. Right the gently caress down."

"It was ten years ago Derek!"

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
If you see someone in an adidas athleticwear squatting on the streetcorner outside your house just turn and run.

The squatting is good for ambushing and running short distances. But the hamstrings are too constricted for all out chases.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Someone once told me that when their mother needed advice, she would open the Bible at random and the passage she found would be relevant to her situation. Similarly, hitting the random button on The Book of LOAF will provide you with insightful commentary on present events.

quote:

Oh, I'm lying, it was never funny. #12386
So true, Ben. So true.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Nation posted:

What if they built the doors but now ben cant leave cig

The backers won't know

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Seriously, let talk about this one, exactly what thought process goes behind this tweeting this?

Come play Star Citizen this friday it's free and as much fun as sneaking up behind an attractive local news reporter in a mask?

Ray, Ben already has Star Citizen (you can delete this one, I didn't save a copy).

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Nation posted:

polysaturated in evidence

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Sunswipe posted:

Someone once told me that when their mother needed advice, she would open the Bible at random and the passage she found would be relevant to her situation. Similarly, hitting the random button on The Book of LOAF will provide you with insightful commentary on present events.

quote:

Oh, I'm lying, it was never funny. #12386
So true, Ben. So true.

"Yeah... and when the movie script gets here, I'll say "Wing Commander: The Movie is good, but it's definatly not Elite" #9963"

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Likely reason: Some dumbshit posting with poor timing

Or fun tinfoil hat mode: He just half a million severance for taking some heat off of Ben.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

Please find the time to call or visit your parents. life is much nicer when you maintain good relations with everyone who has shown you love and kindness

Take it to E/N

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Quavers posted:

So true, Ben. So true.

quote:

"Yeah... and when the movie script gets here, I'll say "Wing Commander: The Movie is good, but it's definatly not Elite" #9963"

There's no such thing as Elite. Elite is an ideal that people pretend to have played... #9,960

Oh how the tables have turned Ben.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Tortolia posted:

EightAce I hope you can shed light on what is going on in CIG today after a wonderful few days.

*one of the CIG drones that is EightAce pops their head up from a cubicle*
*Lesnik turns up to work*
*EightAce dives back down and begins to type furiously*

EightAce: poo poo's whack

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Mr.Tophat posted:

Take it to E/N

Specifically in all threads titled: "No, gently caress YOU dad!"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
COME ON MAN, KILL YOUR PARENTS! #17172

Oh that wacky funster. His jolly jokes never fail to bring a smile to my face. How many times have we all gotten a laugh by shouting "COME ON MAN, KILL YOUR PARENTS!" out of nowhere? Good times, good times.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That quote has to have been circa 2008 given that hes a republican and probably a ron paul supporter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread