Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Has anyone done any testing with the Carthus Beacon pyromancy and the pontiff's right eye ring? Do they stack? How does the attack boost work, how many attacks to begin (same as the left eye? Someone said it was like 4-6 hits for the left eye earlier. Do those have to be strictly back-to-back or can there be a slight delay before you lose your 'combo') taking effect and what kind of boost is provided? Do they stack? Is one more potent than the other (if not identical, I assume beacon is better)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Golden Goat posted:

Jump off the elevator, got it.

I wanted to just say "try jumping off" but I didn't want you to think I meant just jump off the tower and hope for the best, because I don't think you would have tried that.

edit: Although with fall control/the silvercat ring you probably could make it and survive, theoretically.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

How's the Profaned Greatsword? I like the look of its fiery effects and high base damage, less of a fan of it capping out at C/C scaling without any ability to infuse. But it also caps out at like 294 base AR which seems pretty good.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I had trouble sleeping last night so was doing invasions and being summoned as a mound maker. There were a few invasions that made me want to rip my dick off bit some had wish I was recording.

-summoned as mound maker, host summons another mound maker and as I wave to them the host backstabs me, we both charge the host and hack him to death.

-invade a fight club as a red spirit, I kill the mound maker there and the host summons 2 more at once, they wave at each other and charge the host who panicked and hurled himself off of a cliff.

-summoned as mound maker along with 2 others and a blue cop, we stand around emoting by the first settlement bonfire on the wall. Me and another phantom sit on the ledge and get kicked off by a moundmaker one after the other then the blue cop pushes that guy off and jumped to his death.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Purple are starting to figure out how to get the game working in 21:9

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=30954

(Page 6)

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
My best purple invasion was when I helped a guy for a bit, and then he went to kill eygon near the settlement and I backstabbed him, then teamed up with the npc for the kill. The guilty pay the price.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm glad the claymore got buffed, because now I have two really solid and fun weapons to play around with. Too bad about magic though, but I was able to swap to pyromancer in time.

Now just fix the t-pose and lag-out poo poo and I'm good. Moundmaking is hilarious even though red invading is kind of just tedious bullshit now.

Best part of moundmaking is dropping a great chaos fire orb + both pyro rings and the fire clutch on distracted people for 40-60 percent of their health, sometimes double killing players. Nice punishment for estus drinking of you get the timing right/have high dex, too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zero VGS posted:

Purple are starting to figure out how to get the game working in 21:9

http://www.wsgf.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=30954

(Page 6)

Neat. It, uh, probably is not safe to modify your .exe file for the game so don't do it (yet). I wonder how the people on the previous page accidentally bumbled into getting it working.

ScipioAfro
Feb 21, 2011
Does the friendly skellington in the Catacombs do anything? He's got a hat on.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I would buy the PC version right now if I could get it running in Eyefinity without risking eating a ban.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Can I get some very light spoilers? I'm shooting for the best ending using a spoiler free guide on how to get the "best" ending and some information is super conflicting with itself and I want to be sure I'm doing it right.

I'm in the catacombs now, talked with Anri and she asked where Horace was. I didn't tell her (not that I knew) and continued on. A part of the guide says that I'm done talking to her for this area and I can resume as normal, but I'm seeing a few people arguing and saying I need to find Horace and kill him right now. Which one is it?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

RabidWeasel posted:

Someone posted this on Reddit, if correct it seems that greatswords in general got a significant buff. Looks like my new guy will be rocking the Claymore and Hollowslayer GS for those sweet thrust attacks.

E:

Apparently some UGS also got buffed, examples given are Zwei and Astora GS.

Well this is good news - I just made Wolf Knight's Greatsword and plinking away like a baby when fighting the Old Demon King.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ScipioAfro posted:

Does the friendly skellington in the Catacombs do anything? He's got a hat on.

He's not your friend, he's controlling the big skeleball

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can I get some very light spoilers? I'm shooting for the best ending using a spoiler free guide on how to get the "best" ending and some information is super conflicting with itself and I want to be sure I'm doing it right.

I'm in the catacombs now, talked with Anri and she asked where Horace was. I didn't tell her (not that I knew) and continued on. A part of the guide says that I'm done talking to her for this area and I can resume as normal, but I'm seeing a few people arguing and saying I need to find Horace and kill him right now. Which one is it?

You will encounter Anri again later on in the area, and she'll ask the question again- don't tell her (if you do know by then) before you kill Horace, because if you do, Anri will go find him and then get killed by him. It's best to just not talk to her at all until you've done it, just in case.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Anri will die if you tell her where Horace is and leave him alive. I'm pretty sure that as long as you don't tell her she won't find him and get killed. The people saying to kill Horace probably just want to be safe. It doesn't hurt anything to kill Horace and so you might as well do it. Either way though Anri should move on to the next area.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Regy Rusty posted:

Anri will die if you tell her where Horace is and leave him alive. I'm pretty sure that as long as you don't tell her she won't find him and get killed. The people saying to kill Horace probably just want to be safe. It doesn't hurt anything to kill Horace and so you might as well do it. Either way though Anri should move on to the next area.

This is not true- Anri will go down there and find him on his/her own if you don't say anything.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It ends early if you leave him alive.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

CJacobs posted:

You will encounter Anri again later on in the area, and she'll ask the question again- don't tell her (if you do know by then) before you kill Horace, because if you do, Anri will go find him and then get killed by him. It's best to just not talk to her at all until you've done it, just in case.

Ah alright. I found what I assume is the boss room so I'll turn back and look around some more.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Ah alright. I found what I assume is the boss room so I'll turn back and look around some more.

If you're at the boss room, the area you're looking for is close by :ssh:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

This is not true- Anri will go down there and find him on his/her own if you don't say anything.

Ooh then yeah better get murderin

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Haha, hosed this up right? i healed the dark sign and now that londor chick wont sell me her items and she has now vanished. I kinda expected this but still, i didnt even buy any rings or the dark hand off her. Will i get a chance later to buy her stuff or am i hosed until ng+?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Vikar Jerome posted:

Haha, hosed this up right? i healed the dark sign and now that londor chick wont sell me her items and she has now vanished. I kinda expected this but still, i didnt even buy any rings or the dark hand off her. Will i get a chance later to buy her stuff or am i hosed until ng+?

If anyone ever says they're gonna buzz off, kill them immediately so you can get their stuff because they're lying about that "We're enemies now bit", they're actually about to dodge you for the rest of the game.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Have those weapon buffs gone through yet?

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

kater posted:

Unless there is a second shithole I haven't gotten to, Farron is the tamest by far of any of these games.

imagine one thats worse, and toxic

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I love how they give you the ashes that let you buy different sizes of titanite just before taking you to an area where enemies start dropping that kind of titanite like candy.

The Shortest Path posted:

Have those weapon buffs gone through yet?

I think the patch is tomorrow.

EDIT: Or today! I don't know what day it is :v:

Harrow fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 18, 2016

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Malcolm XML posted:

imagine one thats worse, and toxic

Yeah but like it's pretty much optional.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
mm, yes, casting time nerf...

:negative:

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
loving :lol: the two spells they changed were nerfed, they lowered the default casting speed of them :negative:

gently caress this mage lyfe

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
Am I crazy, or are none of the levers in the cathedral actually required to be pulled to progress? In fact, I'm still not entirety sure what raisin those bridges accomplished.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Emalde posted:

loving :lol: the two spells they changed were nerfed, they lowered the default casting speed of them :negative:

gently caress this mage lyfe

Lmao isn't the whole point of the flashsword that it's a faster, weaker, soul greatsword?

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
area 2 spoilers ahead:

Isn't there a second boss in Undead Settlement? I talked to the giant, beat the tree balls, then ran past some really fuckin mean looking thing straight into Road of Sacrifices. I feel like I explored the area pretty well, but it's kinda labyrinthine so I may have missed something?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

RBA Starblade posted:

Lmao isn't the whole point of the flashsword that it's a faster, weaker, soul greatsword?

It was absolutely a PVP balance change, as you could 100% stunlock dudes for real as long as you had enough Stam+FP to continually combo flashsword. The spell is so loving weak that you'd never ever kill anybody unless you were cheating, but FROM is literally frothing to beat down magic in this game at any and all opportunities it seems.

Soul Greatsword I guess had too much range for how quickly you could cast it so they tossed it in there as well? idfk

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

il serpente cosmico posted:

Am I crazy, or are none of the levers in the cathedral actually required to be pulled to progress? In fact, I'm still not entirety sure what raisin those bridges accomplished.

One allows you to easily pass to a covenant, except for the part where you get a bonfire there anyway. The other two seem useless. I thought they might be a place to kite the giants to, but they don't move and are trivial to kill anyway.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Fans: Sorceries, miracles, and greatswords are too weak.

From: Let's buff greatswords, leave miracles untouched, and nerf Sorceries.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GreyPowerVan posted:

Fans: Sorceries, miracles, and greatswords are too weak.

From: Let's buff greatswords, leave miracles untouched, and nerf Sorceries.

One and a half outa 3 ain't bad!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

So apparently every greatsword and the two weaker ultra greatswords got buffs, which makes me happy, given that one of my favorite weapons is one of the buffed ones. Hooray!

I'm hearing from some people that miracles don't need buffs at all--they suck in the early game but beat the poo poo out of sorceries in the late-game, provided you're willing to fight close-range and not stand back casting. But I haven't tried them myself so I can't really comment.

:rip: sorcerers

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

il serpente cosmico posted:

One of them acts as a shortcut from a bonfire to the Deacons, but that's about it.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Norns posted:

One and a half outa 3 ain't bad!

"people are crashing at bonfires? Well it's working for us, so I don't know what their problem is!"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Every nerf to magic only strengthens my invasion-boner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Where are these change/patch notes?