Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

everythingWasBees posted:

Last I checked they had just released an early build of their first version of the first part and it wasn't very fun. Can somebody fill me in on the last year of however long that was.

:pgabz:'s videos are required viewing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unclean
Jun 28, 2002

Palisader posted:

I won't get paid during my maternity leave, so I'll shill for anyone if the money is right. Cmon guys, hit me up. I'll be able to post at all times of the day (every two hours!) and I'll have that inherent creativity that comes with being massively sleep deprived.

I hope your due date isnt July 14! The Stimpire is always watching :gary:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Chris Roberts waves his arms around while talking incoherently about how green CIG are as a company

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EightAce posted:

He's actually chasing a couple of newsreaders around the office licking his lips with the Benny hill music playing full blast ................ but thats just him having a bit of harmless fun

I dunno if the Yakety Sax would fit with a chased-by-Ben scene. Maybe something like O Fortuna at 15% speed?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Lladre posted:

I'm still not caught up. :negative:

I am working hard to keep you locked up 'til lunch

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Unclean posted:

I hope your due date isnt July 14! The Stimpire is always watching :gary:

Oh no not again :ohdear:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Melkor, I have a different note system, it involves the pay to win aspect of SA

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Sandi please contact me. I'm sure we can figure something out. My rates are very reasonable

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Sandi please remember

The backer's won't quote

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

:retrogames::retrogames::retrogames:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

kikkelivelho posted:

Sandi please contact me. I'm sure we can figure something out. My rates are very reasonable

For realz, if CIG hired just one or two trolls like this one, they might actually have some effect in here. Fortunately, they're too dumb to do that.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

The backers won't know, but the staff, the staff just might

CountDrac
Jan 19, 2006
Has CIG made a public statement yet? That's what a normal company would do under these cirumstances.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Wait, he wasn't employed by them back then, but still worked in an official capacity on the forums???

I don't know. I don't know anything about sabotage in the games industry. I just post in a thread that shapes dreams that was created by my Uncle who works in indie development, for real you guys.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

For realz, if CIG hired just one or two trolls like this one, they might actually have some effect in here. Fortunately, they're too dumb to do that.

You have no idea what they have planned. You think all that money went to a tech demo and a couple espresso machines?

The old ways are dead, CIG's about to take their shilling to the bleeding edge.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I dunno if the Yakety Sax would fit with a chased-by-Ben scene. Maybe something like O Fortuna at 15% speed?

Considering the quotes in the post below yours maybe "Magic Carpet Ride" by Steppenwolf would be more appropriate...

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

SeatID = "1 ". It was in the code the whole time.

Transparent aluminum doesn't melt at that temperature.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

CountDrac posted:

Has CIG made a public statement yet? That's what a normal company would do under these cirumstances.

No, to make it the most open to the public, they had to put the statement into a closed envelope and then put it into a $10,000 refurbished chest of drawers to really get the message out there most effectively

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

SurfaceDetail posted:

I usually am reading 2 books at a time. One at work on my iphone and one at home before bed. I dropped one of those trying to keep up with this thread. Am now stupider as a result.

why do you hate yourself enough to read books on your iphone?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

CountDrac posted:

they'll probably only make a statement if the media becomes remotely interested. Otherwise Lesnick's post on the site will be the "statement".

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

why do you hate yourself enough to post in a dead comedy forum in TYOoL 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

why do you hate yourself enough to read books on your iphone?

You don't like your books four words at a time? Besides, then he gets to brag about reading a 25,000 page book to all his friends.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

they'll probably only make a statement if the media becomes remotely interested. Otherwise Lesnick's post on the site will be the "statement".

I see nothing wrong with letting :lesnick: 's words speak for themselves.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Melkor, did you want plat

Because that's a possible stretchgoal with this post if you quote it

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Dancing cattes offering donuts? whatever you're selling I'm buying.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Samizdata posted:

It is VITAL the people catching up understand that Ben is fat. Otherwise it all goes to poo poo.

Yeah. If people think he's a skinny pedo then CiG wins.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Palisader posted:

I won't get paid during my maternity leave, so I'll shill for anyone if the money is right. Cmon guys, hit me up. I'll be able to post at all times of the day (every two hours!) and I'll have that inherent creativity that comes with being massively sleep deprived.

Wow, not-Sweden sucks

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Sandi's red text will be "I've been outed as a worse actress than Ben Lesnick"

Yeah instead of outing the plants. Put ambiguous red text alluding to who they are.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

This is actually TYoOLowtax 17

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

"You never forget the first time you delete a ticket. You never forget."

EightAce listens to another traumatized drone try and make sense of the tragedy that was the CIG work place. They had gathered around their usual spot, the vodka-cooler by the rum-stain carpet. He was certain most of these folks had never seen a design note in their life, but you had to talk to someone during refactoring. The drone pours himself a shot, pulls it, and continues to talk.

"But, I guess that the new door helps me to fill my day with something other than FUD, that's something, right?"

EightAce flinches as sirens provide their shrill answer.

Not another one, EightAce thinks to himself as the pre-alpha predator readies to make a leaver out of a human resource

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

This is actually TYoOLowtax 17

Duly noted, using the skills Melkor taught me

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Is melkor a shill? Why do people keep bringing his name up, missed that

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Palisader posted:

That poo poo went way too fast for me to keep up. INRI is easy, since he tries out something for a long time to see what people will actually respond to.

I swear I don't keep notes or anything, I just have a good memory for completely useless things.

Wait, you're saying INRI isn't our warrant canary? poo poo!

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

grimcreaper posted:

Yeah. If people think he's a skinny pedo then CiG wins.

When Chris Roberts demands that CIG 'trim the fat' from features, Ben is happy to chew the gristle that gets tossed away

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Wait that joke doesn't work quite as well because Chris would never knowingly ask for features to be trimmed. He would have to be tricked.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beet Wagon posted:

You don't like your books four words at a time? Besides, then he gets to brag about reading a 25,000 page book to all his friends.

I used my Cube iWork10 to read comics for the first time yesterday it was awesome

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Why are you not posting this stuff in the GBS thread, MeLKoR?!?!?!

It's good stuff.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772600&pagenumber=16&perpage=40#post458851012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Coming clean as this ben poo poo is embarassing.

I get paid an extra 75 bucks under the table a day to keep up with this thread. I'm not in the LA office so I don't know poo poo about what goes on there and I feel safe from the Chechen mercenary force Sandi could send my way, leaving soon anyway. Dunno where the money comes from but its not in my company paycheck.

It was described as keeping in touch with potential customers and reading feedback. So I treated it like that. I used to have MelKor style notes on people but they were 1-2 lines and boring poo poo like "cares a lot about networking" "poster wants lower graphics for performance" but then I realized they didn't give a poo poo about customer feedback and just wanted the drama. So I quit that really early.

Everyday I read through as many posts as I can and send summaries to some people in the company. They aren't reading every post here as far as I know. And they haven't said anything about what I posted. This is just extra cash for me and I'm a low level guy who can get another dumb job in a second so I don't care. No one has paid me to make any sort of postings on here. I just like BSing on internet forums. I think I was the first one itt to find lesnick's quote book so lol at that.

This project is hosed and they seem to be cutting back on spending on a lot of stuff. Small things right now like coffee etc. And its crunch mode 100% of the time. People are tired. streaming on weekends. There was a guy painting the wall green on a Saturday for fucks sakes. Nothing to do with the game but for more marketing BS. I have nothing but contempt for the SC fanbase.

I won't be revealing who I am or what I do so don't bother asking. Its not really important who I am anyway just some dude out of 300.

• Locked thread