Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Started playing Type-0 again now that I'm past it looking like a blushed up mobile game and I have to say that the game is pretty fun! Simplistic, but fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
There isn't a single series Platinum can't turn into a competent beat em up. Can we have a PS4 remake of Slashly Souls made by Platinum where the main protagonist is Artorias ninja flipping all over?

Gamesfreak13563
Jan 28, 2010

Get ready for a SHAQ DOWN!

WaltherFeng posted:

There isn't a single series Platinum can't turn into a competent beat em up.

Legend of Korra

"Wikipedia posted:

It was panned by Dan Stapleton of IGN as a "poorly made tie-in that can’t even stand up as a competent third-person action game".

Gamesfreak13563 fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Apr 17, 2016

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I count Korra as a good but terribly underbudgeted game.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

WaltherFeng posted:

I count Korra as a good but terribly underbudgeted game.

Korra was alright but the final boss is probably the worst Platinum has ever made.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Korra's p mediocre, but TF Devastation is much better as far budgeted licensed games by them go. It could do with more time in the oven but they gave a pretty stellar game with that

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The first week after everyone's reviewed Korra, the common response was "You can charge attacks????"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gamesfreak13563 posted:

Hahaha, if you enter Ice Cavern before the "Mist Continent" logo completely fades it will be stuck on your world map screen FOREVER

Does this mean you don't get world map encounters at all?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Gamesfreak13563 posted:

Hahaha, if you enter Ice Cavern before the "Mist Continent" logo completely fades it will be stuck on your world map screen FOREVER

tbh that's your own fault for running straight there from Evil Forest and not going over to North Gate to pick up the treasure there first. :colbert:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He's doing a speed run. That's a typical speed run trick - you can't get a random encounter while the marquee is up, so you book it to the ice caverns as soon as you get out of the forest.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

He's doing a speed run. That's a typical speed run trick - you can't get a random encounter while the marquee is up, so you book it to the ice caverns as soon as you get out of the forest.

that's cool but how easy is it to accidentally do, cuz the way you're describing makes it seem easy as heck

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's not difficult at all if you go the right direction at first.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

speed running doesn't make anything any better.

I'm just kidding--it's a hilarious glitch, all things considered, and I'm glad I'm okay just playing the original versions so I don't have to deal with any of the things people have complained about with the PC ports

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

that's cool but how easy is it to accidentally do, cuz the way you're describing makes it seem easy as heck

Probably not at all, because I think most people's first instinct when the get to the world map is to save.

Or listen to the world map music, which is really good.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Probably not at all, because I think most people's first instinct when the get to the world map is to save.

Or listen to the world map music, which is really good.

Or gently caress with the save moogle

Gamesfreak13563
Jan 28, 2010

Apparently Blank's patches across his face and body are like, surgical things and not just weird Japanese clothing
oh god

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Man the models in the IX port are so good but my god everywhere you go it looks really drat jarring when the backgrounds are still fuzzy.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Also the party has blatantly had about three times the effort put into their models compared to even Blank, Marcus and Beatrix, let alone any other NPCs they interact with, which gets a bit jarring.

E: To clarify, the distinction there is being temporary party members who are naturally seen side by side with models that they used to fit in with.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Chocobo Hot & Cold is a lot more manic and fun (and easier) with the speed booster enabled.

Yeah what up digging up 8 items every run getting 6 chocographs in 15 minutes hell yeah. On an entirely unrelated note, Bio absolutely wrecks Disc 1.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

How does Chocobo Hot & Cold actually work?
Do you have to dig in a specific place or is it just random that you'll find something?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Golden Goat posted:

How does Chocobo Hot & Cold actually work?
Do you have to dig in a specific place or is it just random that you'll find something?

The game or the world map hunting?

For the game itself, it's right in the name - Hot and Cold, an item is buried randomly on the map and you have to narrow down its location.

The Chocographs have set locations and the pictures and descriptions are meant to guide you towards it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I always hated the spot hunting in Hot & Cold, sometimes it just felt like it was being super finicky.

I thought that maybe I completely misunderstood how it actually works.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Yeah finding the exact spot once you've got Kweeeeh!? is a bitch.

Gamesfreak13563
Jan 28, 2010

To anyone following along with my Excalibur 2 run I'm not missing anything am I?
Also are the Moogle things annoying or helpful

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exVkj9WYtnI

For those interested, this is XV's instrumental version of Heart of Gold, named "Hammerhead" on the soundtrack.

EDIT: gently caress, this isn't from the soundtrack itself, thought it was confirmed on the games OST.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Apr 18, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's good

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Stupid continue using the stupid autosave instead of latest save screwed my mognet mail sending

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Jusupov posted:

Stupid continue using the stupid autosave instead of latest save screwed my mognet mail sending

Always rotate your saves, kids.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Always rotate your saves, kids.

Weigraf taught me this hard lesson 20 years ago.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Holy poo poo that's straight up Heart of Gold. Neil Young is going to be loving pissed. Especially if they asked his permission to put it in the game and attained licenses and such. He's old, you can't expect him to understand these video games. When he sees the trainwreck that this game is going to be upon release he's going to be really disappointed.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gologle posted:

Holy poo poo that's straight up Heart of Gold. Neil Young is going to be loving pissed. Especially if they asked his permission to put it in the game and attained licenses and such. He's old, you can't expect him to understand these video games. When he sees the trainwreck that this game is going to be upon release he's going to be really disappointed.

Source your quotes.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I bought FF9 on Friday, but haven't bothered to spin it up yet.

Does the 360 controller work right out if the box or with minimal fussing?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Yeah my 360 controller works fine. Japanese button layout by default though so B is confirm and A is cancel 'til you change it in game and always on the title.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Okay so now I'm hearing that if you toggle the 9999 damage booster in IX it also effects chance based stuff...

Which means a 100% steal rate.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

Okay so now I'm hearing that if you toggle the 9999 damage booster in IX it also effects chance based stuff...

Which means a 100% steal rate.

wait there's a thing which just makes you do 9999 damage? lol i mean i guess it's cool if someone is really really having trouble with a boss but drat that seems excessive

is there a list of all the cheats you can enable?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Super Speed
9999 damage
Full HP/MP/Trance
No Encounters
Master Abilities Instantly
Max Level/Ability Stones
Max Gil

E: VVV You don't get abilities from equipment you don't have in your inventory.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 18, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

From the pause menu you can activate/deactivate
- Speed up x5
- 9999 Damage
- No encounters
- One that refills your hp/mp/trance

Then from the config menu you have permanent ones like:
- Max gil
- Have all abilities Automatically master equipped abilities
- Max lv/stones

Lol, Turning on the max lv one gives you the achievement for getting lv99 apparently.

E: fixed

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 18, 2016

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Final Fantasy IX is already a rather easy game so the only thing I use in those is 5x speed and no encounters in areas full of trash mobs

no encounters would be great for a low level challenge run

5x speed makes this game so much more playable. just F1 through the long rear end animations makes battles much less annoying

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

mandatory lesbian posted:

wait there's a thing which just makes you do 9999 damage? lol i mean i guess it's cool if someone is really really having trouble with a boss but drat that seems excessive

is there a list of all the cheats you can enable?

I used the 9999 damage during the Festival of the Hunt to ensure that Freya dealt the finishing blow against the Zaghnol (Zidane needs to be KO for this to work). I really did not want to go through that more than once just to get the accessory.

I use No Encounters whenever they start to get annoying but I mostly leave it off. The only cheat which annoys me is the HP/MP/Trance one because I would like to be able to restore my HP/MP without maxing out my Trance bar. I wish Trance was it's own separate cheat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
why not just enable no encounters and 9999 damage....or better yet, just watch a lets play of ffix on youtube.