Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

How much to buy it outright/on a mortgage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Who can, hand on their heart, truthfully say that they've never had a threeesome with a married individual? Judge not lest ye be judged.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can't you just google it if you're curious?

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

Pork Pie Hat posted:

The Court of Appeal has said that the 'celebrity threesome' injunction will, pending a legal challenge, be lifted in two days. So on Wednesday we finally get to officially find out it's about yeah right. I really want Carter-Ruck suing me.

Is this the thing about Elton Johns' boyfriend getting bored about loving an old man?

Sorry, husband.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

General China posted:

Is this the thing about Elton Johns' boyfriend getting bored about loving an old man?

Sorry, husband.

What's the need in this? What are you trying to imply?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Yeah its a stupid story nobody really cares about except its another attempt to pay to keep a secret inside our insular magical kingdom.

clear eyes full farts
Jul 3, 2007

the uk is just awful
It's a fake democracy
with free education and healthcare as long as you are a dosser and I am trapped here :(

£76k in 1999

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

Jakabite posted:

What's the need in this? What are you trying to imply?

I'm not implying anything. I thought the story was about one man getting bored with loving another older man. So he played away.

I admit it is a boring story, pedestrian, if you will.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

General China posted:

Sorry, husband.

What wonderful homophobia

nopantsjack posted:

Yeah its a stupid story nobody really cares about except its another attempt to pay to keep a secret inside our insular magical kingdom.

There's literally no public interest outside of satisfying curtain twitchers and the press.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tesseraction posted:

:rip: Jose's Jose av.

All Hail Horny Homer

what the gently caress

haakman
May 5, 2011

Total Meatlove posted:

How is what Gen China said homophobic, for the avoidance of doubt?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

General China posted:

I'm not implying anything. I thought the story was about one man getting bored with loving another older man. So he played away.

I admit it is a boring story, pedestrian, if you will.

They apparently have an open relationship. It wasn't even cheating. It's the least interesting story ever.

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

Total Meatlove posted:

To quote the most wonderful Mrs Merton

" what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels "

Sorry, that doesn't really answer the question of homophobia.

Yeah, I can see your point. It was a quick, unthought out edit. I do apologise.

They are married. I maybe a homophobe, I'm not really sure. In much the way a racist may offer a defence- I offer that I spent my early 20s off my tits on Es in Heaven most Friday nights.

General China fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 18, 2016

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

They apparently have an open relationship. It wasn't even cheating. It's the least interesting story ever.

But will almost certainly have an impact on their kids. The idea of the whole playground and all your friends mums and dads knowing intimate details of your parents sex lives. The whole thing is a pile of poo poo.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

haakman posted:

He knowingly underplayed the nature of their relationship then corrected himself in way intended to cast aspersions at the validity of all homosexual marriages.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

He knowingly underplayed the nature of their relationship then corrected himself in way intended to cast aspersions at the validity of all homosexual marriages.

Maybe he just didn't know they were married. It's not that unusual for couples to live together and have children without getting married first (regardless of the gender of the couple).

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Total Meatlove posted:

There's literally no public interest outside of satisfying curtain twitchers and the press.

Reminds me of the press's obsession with the fact John Hemming (former MP for Birmingham Yardley) played away from home with the full understanding of his wife. After spending years trying to shame him for being sleazy he then nominated himself for the News of the World's Love Rat of the Year award. :allears:

To be honest, I think the fact that a Cabinet secretary has been having sexual relations with a woman in a profession he wants to criminalise is a much more important story.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

haakman posted:

Clearly knew the couple were married, but called him the boyfriend anyway. Implying the marriage is not genuine.
If he didn't mean to imitate the conservative line that same-sex marriages aren't as valid as opposite sex, then that was an unfortunate fork of words to use

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

hookerbot 5000 posted:

Maybe he just didn't know they were married. It's not that unusual for couples to live together and have children without getting married first (regardless of the gender of the couple).

Did he discover their marital status half way through writing his two sentence post?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I think what ever Elton John and his husband get up to behind closed doors and with their full agreement and consent of all adults involved is not newsworthy and frankly they seem happy and there is no public interest in exposing details of an arrangement that everyone seems okay with.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Did he discover their marital status half way through writing his two sentence post?

I can believe it.

Forethought and planning isn't exactly a Maoist thing.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

JFairfax posted:

I think what ever Elton John and his husband get up to behind closed doors and with their full agreement and consent of all adults involved is not newsworthy and frankly they seem happy and there is no public interest in exposing details of an arrangement that everyone seems okay with.

But what if they were papists.

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

or an edit - if you do it quickly they don't show up.

I have no idea though, maybe he is a giant homophobe.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

john hemming is an arrogant poo poo and a lib dem

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

hookerbot 5000 posted:

I'm a student of the posting game. Trust me: he's a giant homophobe.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

hookerbot 5000 posted:

you'd be more likely to correct the actual word than stick it on the end in that case

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Phoon posted:

I'm not going to argue.

Though he's not bad on the piano.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TinTower posted:

Well that's their own business, but frankly I think gay people who are practicing members of of the Catholic church are a bit like black folk who join the KKK, a little misguided.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
The thought of two married men genuflecting with a third makes me feel physically sick.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Phoon posted:

John Hemming once tried to force his way upstairs in the pub I work in as he'd lost his coat and want to check the cctv to find 'the thieves', he is a massive rear end but I got to mock him the day after he lost his seat.

TinTower posted:

Reminds me of the press's obsession with the fact John Hemming (former MP for Birmingham Yardley) played away from home with the full understanding of his wife. After spending years trying to shame him for being sleazy he then nominated himself for the News of the World's Love Rat of the Year award. :allears:

To be honest, I think the fact that a Cabinet secretary has been having sexual relations with a woman in a profession he wants to criminalise is a much more important story.

The bad thing about this was when Hemming's wife stole his mistress' cat afterwards.

Things like this make me sad http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...m-34635796.html paramilitaries and those who are support them are loving twats.

StoneOfShame fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 18, 2016

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

Darth Walrus posted:

I can believe it.

Forethought and planning isn't exactly a Maoist thing.

I can take the homophobia accusation on the chin. I don't like to think I am, but I may be wrong. Educate me.

But you can gently caress off the Maoist poo poo.

I'm all about the Juche.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TinTower posted:

Though he's not bad on the piano.

I thought we were not meant to be judging people for their private relationships and here you go measuring his pianist skill

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TinTower posted:

If you break the sacred and sanctified bond of marriage then you go to hell. If you break it and confess your sin to a priest then you sing Ave Maria a few times and that gets knocked down to a few hundred years in purgatory. The consent of any or all people involved is irrelevant, because it's God that you're cheating on. If you're really rich you can buy the church a new window or something and they'll transfer some of the surplus good deeds of the saints to you as a negotiable instrument and you should be good to go though.

None of the above applies to same sex marriages for the same reason that it doesn't apply to any marriage conducted outside the Church of Rome.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

his wife stole his lover's cat.

top top entertainment

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

cargohills posted:

What if a poster isn't from England or Wales?

Doesn't matter where they're from, it's where they are. An American in London posting it is hosed, an Englishman in New York isn't.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*checks Sting's twitter*

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

nopantsjack posted:

I'm almost tempted to post a half-hearted defence of the superinjunction because in the absence of any meaningful privacy law in this country it's about the only way you can try and keep a secret if a national newspaper decides that it wants to publish it.

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007
Why does anyone care about pyjamas when Star Wars came out on DVD and Bluray today? Get some perspective, people.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm almost tempted to post a half-hearted defence of the superinjunction because in the absence of any meaningful privacy law in this country it's about the only way you can try and keep a secret if a national newspaper decides that it wants to publish it.

Nah.

You can be a minister and enter into a disturbing blackmail/mexican standoff arrangement instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Doesn't matter where they're from, it's where they are. An American in London posting it is hosed, an Englishman in New York isn't.

I think that means that I can post it then! Or not, because I can't be arsed.

• Locked thread