Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Oxxidation posted:

You need to dress him in the Onion Knight garb immediately.

havent found it yet.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

You need a mod to give your character a Shrek voice.

I gave him the old voice so when he does a call he sounds annoyed and grainy kinda like shrek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Feenix posted:

Ok thanks for the push to Reinforce. One last question. Any reason I can't infuse the Butcher Knife?

Some special weapons can't be infused.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I think it's pretty obvious that Andre is there because he's Gwyn's firstborn, stripped of his true name and title, but retaining god-like immortality.

Also, I don't think any of Gwyn's family is alive in the "current" era of the game. The Queen of Lothric is likely a descendant, or a reincarnation.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Feenix posted:

Ok thanks for the push to Reinforce. One last question. Any reason I can't infuse the Butcher Knife?

Usually, if a weapon already has a special effect beyond "does physical damage," it can't be infused. The Butcher Knife restores some HP on hit which I guess is what disqualifies it.

Other things that can't be infused include boss weapons and anything you upgrade with Twinkling Titanite.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I think it's pretty obvious that Andre is there because he's Gwyn's firstborn, stripped of his true name and title, but retaining god-like immortality.

Also, I don't think any of Gwyn's family is alive in the "current" era of the game. The Queen of Lothric is likely a descendant, or a reincarnation.

Spoiler regarding your spoiler: There's something else in the game that likely makes your spoiler there wrong.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Feenix posted:

So I'm a warrior who has made it up to the Halfway Fortress. Ive found some basic weapons in many categories. To date, the most unique weapon I have found is the Deep BattleAxe (my main) and the Butcher Knife (just got it)

I have lots of Titanite it feels like... and basically I haven't upgraded a goddamned thing. I have upgrade fear. I don't want to waste materials or whatever if they can be used on some RAD weapons later.

Stuff that is rad to me:

GreatSwords
Great axes
Really interesting pole arm type weapons
Anything super interesting or crazy.

I guess just looking for a little advice/guidance.

The game absolutely spews titanite all over you you. I've got more titanite than I can use right now, at least going up to +6.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Harrow posted:

There's something else in the game that likely makes your spoiler there wrong.

...well now I'm curious...where can I find this something else?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Read the description of divine blessing, then the description of DS1 divine blessing, and then read the description of Gwynevere's ring. Gwynevere is the queen of Lothric.

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 18, 2016

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

No you really don't want this spoiled, trust me on this one. Just keep playing, you'll get there eventually.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Optional boss near the endgame, from what I've heard

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Archdragon Peak

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

8-Bit Scholar posted:

in my andre x ed fanfiction.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

super late game boss spoilers
A dragon hunting weapon from the age of the gods. The earliest form of the cross spear, serving as both a sword and a spear.

Its owner was the Nameless King, a deific hunter of dragons. The swordspear is imbued with lightning, of which he was the heir.

^
the nameless king's spear description

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Learn a bit about dragons, and you'll find out.

Actual serious-type response: (Post-Cinderlord spoilers) You need to go to Archdragon Peak, which requires the Path of the Dragon gesture learned from the corpse past the Consumed King in an optional side-area on the way to Lothric Castle. Using the gesture at the proper spot in Irithyll Dungeon will let you access the zone.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I...

I never found this location.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm working on my second character now which means spending a good hour or two on the character creator... and I gotta say I'm sad that they ditched the one they use in Dark Souls 2. When it comes to actually making faces, the DS2 one was way better than this one or DS1's, and I'm pretty sure they used a different middleware/library. My biggest problem, and I hope I'm missing something, is that I can't find a way to widen the nose bridge. It's always really thin and pinched (hell, see even Mr. Ogre a few posts up) and it makes all the characters look extremely similar and... terrible.

I'm also pretty sure DS1/Bloodborne/DS3 uses FaceGen, aka. the same stuff they used for Oblivion. It becomes really apparent if you crank the Masculine/Feminine slider, because Masculine = Orange, gurning and Feminine = Blue, enormous drooping eyes.

Toiwat
Sep 6, 2011

What the gently caress do you need to kill that you need an arbalest that big :stare:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

There's a late-game optional boss fight that's relevant.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Is it just me, or is the netcode complete flaming garbage this time around? Yesterday most PvP encounters were laggy as hell, and today every single one has had at least one person stuck in the non-animating default pose with hits not registering (or registering from far away). Is there any way to make this, y'know, not happen so much? I don't have cross-region play enabled or anything.

it seems even worse than dark souls 2 if thats possible. make sure you set cross region play to off, although this barely helps at all

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
What are the exact steps to unlock the Uncracked Red Orb? When I got it on my first run the process seemed a bit random, but I undoubtedly tripped several flags later than was actually possible.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

On this topic, can we agree that the chain-axe enemies there are the most BS enemies in the game? The whole game has some issues with enemies attacking through stuff while your attacks bounce off of everything, but those guys were the worst. I had one axe-snipe me straight through a wall while I was going for a sip. Also in general I hate the way that the game will drop your lock on if a monster so much as dips behind a corner, but they keep right on attacking you through geometry. :argh:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Guy decided this was too much for him.

:(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

What are the exact steps to unlock the Uncracked Red Orb? When I got it on my first run the process seemed a bit random, but I undoubtedly tripped several flags later than was actually possible.

Just use up all the cracked red eye orbs the NPC gives and then talk to him again. That's the simplest method.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
fist weapons are extremely disappointing they do little to no poise damage.

If you cant stagger the poo poo out of someone who can stagger the poo poo out of you with a longer range whats the loving point?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Just had my best dark souls pvp experience after the pontiff. Summoned someone and we cleared out the deacons and then the invader killed him. Someone else invaded while i was fighting the first invader who I was really struggling with since I could manage 2 weapon swings to knock their shield back but then couldn't do a follow up attack with no stamina and they sat to watch and i successfully killed them with 3 estus left before fighting the new invader who I killed without using any since he couldn't successfully block my attacks :getin:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Talk to Leonhard after acquiring at least one Pale Tongue and he'll give you the key to go get the full Red Eye Orb.

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I...

I never found this location.

you probably got the path of the dragon emote before Untended Graves, go to Irithyll Dungeons and take the shortcut that leads u outside with all the sitting dudes/sitting dragon statue and use it. enjoy getting hosed on by the worst and then the best bosses in the game

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Andrast posted:

Just use up all the cracked red eye orbs the NPC gives and then talk to him again. That's the simplest method.

I never invaded anyone and he still gave me the quest to go get the uncracked one. :iiam:

edit:

Harrow posted:

Talk to Leonhard after acquiring at least one Pale Tongue and he'll give you the key to go get the full Red Eye Orb.

Oh, well, mystery solved I guess :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

BobTheJanitor posted:

I never invaded anyone and he still gave me the quest to go get the uncracked one. :iiam:

You don't have to do it, it's just the fastest way.

I think you might need to win one of the invasions so you get the pale tongue also.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

All you need is a Pale Tongue. You don't even have to invade to get it (I didn't)--there's one near the fire demon in Undead Settlement.

BobTheJanitor posted:

On this topic, can we agree that the chain-axe enemies there are the most BS enemies in the game? The whole game has some issues with enemies attacking through stuff while your attacks bounce off of everything, but those guys were the worst. I had one axe-snipe me straight through a wall while I was going for a sip. Also in general I hate the way that the game will drop your lock on if a monster so much as dips behind a corner, but they keep right on attacking you through geometry. :argh:

Bloodborne seemed a lot more forgiving when it came to swinging your weapons through walls. It seemed like non-transformed attacks would never bounce of walls in that, at least. I kind of miss that. And the lock-on dropping is a pain, too. I'm sure it's done to prevent the camera from loving up too badly when enemies move above you or quickly around you, but I'd really like to have the choice.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Alright, thanks guys. I only started using the cracked orbs around the time I got my first pale tongue, so I guess the two events linked together in my head.

Time to hit the Road, then.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Does the area after the pontiff lead to a dead end other than anri's corpse or have I just not found the right place after killing all the silver knights?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Also I just noticed something about my ending: killing the Firekeeper after she snuffs the final flame doesn't give you an ending trophy. :laffo:

I kind of asked for that one.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods
So, any idea what the SL for end-game PvP is? And if it should be NG+? I'm around SL 100 hanging out in the end area, trying to decide if I should defeat the boss or keep knocking fools off the cliffs.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

BobTheJanitor posted:

edit:

Oh, well, mystery solved I guess :v:

same

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

I want everyone to know that spears are really fun and you should use them

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The body that gives you the stretch out gesture..is that Gilligan?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Man, I haven't had any performance issues with the game so far but Dancer phase 2 is sending my framerate into the bin. Not entirely sure why. It's not single digits or anything but it's more than enough to throw me off my game majorly.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'll admit I kinda rushed through my NG+ run in order to get the secret ending so I feel like I missed some stuff. Why exactly was Horace hostile in Smouldering Lake? Why did Anri have to be assassinated, is this just a "there can be only one hollow heir" kinda deal? I saw people saying that the sable church worship Kaathe but I didn't see that mentioned, is it just in item descriptions?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Is there any reason to not go rapier / any poke weapon in PVP? It seems that longest range always wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ok I found the way to go. Is the irithyll dungeon the optional way to go then? The sword you get off Tourig is a monster in pvp if you have the stats to wield it and more than 15 endurance