Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Ultragonk posted:

Great, thanks for the info. So a Prince with wings, lvl 2 pskyer, power armour and black mace is something I should be looking at.

Bear in mind that you can't assault when Swooping around, which might make the Black Mace tough to use. The only way to get in combat is to take a wound while flying and fail your grounding check (likely another wound) or drop into Glide mode for a turn first. Either way is inconvenient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brewsuke
Jan 8, 2014
So I started collecting models about a year or so ago. I started with Blood Angels, but have since branched out to Astra Militarum, because tanks.

My total combined Imperial forces are depicted below, and fully listed even further below that. Please forgive the fact that I have zero unit cohesion here.
Also forgive the fact that a few of these models are either poorly painted or unfinished.

Blood Angels:
1 Blood Angels Tactical Squad (half of which is proxied as a Command Squad in combat)
1 Scout Squad
1 Devastator Squad
1 Death Company Squad
1 Terminator Captain

Astra Militarum:
2 Cadian Infantry Squads
1 Catachan Infantry Squad
3 Heavy Weapons Teams
2 Leman Russ Tanks
2 Officio Prefectus Commissars (one of which I usually proxy as a Lord Commissar)
1 box of Chaos Marauder Horsemen They are Rough Riders okay I will fight you
3 Wyrdvane Psykers (even though the 7th edition Codex states that a squad is 5 models, they still only come in sets of 3)
1 Militarum Tempestus Squad
1 Militarum Tempestus Command Squad

I really don't like the way a few of the models (particularly the Catachans and the Tempestus Scions) look (which is partly why those are still unfinished), because I did those models with white primer before I realized that a black base coat makes the model look so much better.

If you want a closer look at my terrible painting skills and poo poo models, here is a link to the full image.

(Closer looks at some squads available upon request)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Got to game with a bunch of folks at The Overlords' Scout Hut today. Played my 40k retro Ultras alongside 30k Iron Warriors against 30k Emperor's Children and 30k Word Bearers. It was a really fun game with some great opponents, but they put too many eggs on their two Stormeagle baskets, so we were able to smash everything they had on the table. I'll be posting pictures of the games I've played soon.

Tomorrow I'll be at Warhammer World around noon. I'm guessing I'll be going through the store and museum and stuff before getting a game in, but if you see a dude in a Mudhoney shirt hanging out with a bunch of dads, that's me.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

SRM posted:

Got to game with a bunch of folks at The Overlords' Scout Hut today. Played my 40k retro Ultras alongside 30k Iron Warriors against 30k Emperor's Children and 30k Word Bearers. It was a really fun game with some great opponents, but they put too many eggs on their two Stormeagle baskets, so we were able to smash everything they had on the table. I'll be posting pictures of the games I've played soon.

Tomorrow I'll be at Warhammer World around noon. I'm guessing I'll be going through the store and museum and stuff before getting a game in, but if you see a dude in a Mudhoney shirt hanging out with a bunch of dads, that's me.

You make me feel old SRM. Oh crap I AM old....

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'm seeing the post times and thinking "is this coming after the pub or during the early morning jetlagcan'tsleepwokeup time?" - probably both!

Also it is like Babyface and the Dads on Tour :)

Enjoy the museum and the games! Hope someone was able to get or reserve the 30th anniversary stuff for you.

Here's my Salute walk-through:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jXsRKW3Of0
Just about every table, vendor and club is in there, so you can see what it was like. No commentary from me in it, mostly because I don't know most of the historical games but if you're wondering what it was like there you go.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Apr 18, 2016

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Shame you guys weren't there this weekend. Managed to get away without spending too much money and had some pretty fun games, the highlight being my Terminators ruining a Knight's shins with Thunder Hammers and it falling over onto a bunch of Skitarii. Managed to get a shot of my own Knight on the Spyral Prime board. Shame about the mismatched base; obviously the snow elsewhere had melted...

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Fuegan posted:

Shame about the mismatched base; obviously the snow elsewhere had melted...

No no, your knight is so cool that wherever it goes, it's always snowing.

Forge your narrative, man!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Been talking about Adepticon with the local gamestore guys. I had initially planned on doing a full Battle Company to the next Adepticon for the main tournament. They think this is ill-advised. That being said I'm unsure what else I could take that would be a pure Marine force and be competative. I'm not unwilling to do allies such as single units like Knights, Assassins, or Coteaz but I'm not willing to paint some mash up of 4 different chapters to win. Ultimately I'm still painting my Ultras.

If this is the case should I aim for something else like the Maelstrom or Friendly tournies?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Uroboros posted:

Been talking about Adepticon with the local gamestore guys. I had initially planned on doing a full Battle Company to the next Adepticon for the main tournament. They think this is ill-advised. That being said I'm unsure what else I could take that would be a pure Marine force and be competative. I'm not unwilling to do allies such as single units like Knights, Assassins, or Coteaz but I'm not willing to paint some mash up of 4 different chapters to win. Ultimately I'm still painting my Ultras.

If this is the case should I aim for something else like the Maelstrom or Friendly tournies?

Has the full BC been working out for you? IIRC you were pretty excited about it when the book first came out but I've always been skeptical about it. I just don't think a couple hundred free points of Rhinos/Razors are worth the taxes and limited auxiliary support choices. I know you're Ultras (I unironically love Ultramarines btw) but just comparing the Gladius Strike Force to the new Strike Forces gives us a vague idea of relative power levels. I think you'd be better off looking at a CAD or some sort of combination of detachments and formations. In case you can't tell I really like the Stormlance Battle Demi-Company and firmly believe that it would be a good place to start building a competitive list from.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Still working on my Updated 7th Ed. Ork Codex, but have come to a sort of impasse: to really drive home some flavor of the old Choppa rule, I wanted to add attacks on regular Boyz--an upgrade just called "Choppier" for 1pt./model. Initial thoughts for my buddy & me were to either add +1 attack per 3 Boyz in the mob, or some form of re-roll to attacks or wounds for the first turn in combat.

Should we stick with +1 attack per 3 models, or would just having Fearless turn into Zealot for the first turn of assault be simpler?

Thanks for any feedback, btw.

Also, if you want to contact me before I put this into a PDF & BattleScribe file, I can be reached at herp derp spamcatcher@gmail dot com, no spaces.

God knows I'd rather have goonham feedback than from Warseer or 4chan. :gonk:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
You could always do a modified Choppa rule from the olden days. It used to be a bit too good, but maybe add a rule something like this:

Proppa' Choppy: To Wound rolls of a 6 using this weapon force the wounded enemy model to treat their armour save as 4+ when making an armour save against that wound, unless it was already 4+ or worse. Invulnerable saves can be made as normal.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Was thinking about picking up one of those 30th anniversary marines for the hell of it, then sat at the store page wondering "Do I really want to spend $30 on a single marine when I don't even play CSM?" waffling back and forth on how cool it'd be to just have it sitting in a box on my shelf.

Hours later I refreshed the page thinking okay fine, and they were all sold out already. Thanks for saving me money, other nerds with worse purchasing decisions! (Now I'll buy another flyrant instead...)

jadebullet posted:

Speaking of Black Templars, what happens if one of them starts to show Psychic tendencies? Exectution?

Which Black Templars? The original Black Templars? Absolutely, first sign of any psyker tendencies would have the nearest Chaplain grant you the Emperor's Peace directly to the head.

They've since retconned the BTs into apparently being kinda okay with psykers in the recent versions, which I think is pretty stupid. I think in the new version they'd probably just send them off to another chapter or exile them or something. But that's wrong.

krushgroove posted:

No no, your knight is so cool that wherever it goes, it's always snowing.

Forge your narrative, man!

The knight had to vent some pressurized coolant all over the floor, it happens. Excess pressure.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Apr 18, 2016

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Still working on my Updated 7th Ed. Ork Codex, but have come to a sort of impasse: to really drive home some flavor of the old Choppa rule, I wanted to add attacks on regular Boyz--an upgrade just called "Choppier" for 1pt./model. Initial thoughts for my buddy & me were to either add +1 attack per 3 Boyz in the mob, or some form of re-roll to attacks or wounds for the first turn in combat.

Should we stick with +1 attack per 3 models, or would just having Fearless turn into Zealot for the first turn of assault be simpler?

Thanks for any feedback, btw.

Also, if you want to contact me before I put this into a PDF & BattleScribe file, I can be reached at herp derp spamcatcher@gmail dot com, no spaces.

God knows I'd rather have goonham feedback than from Warseer or 4chan. :gonk:

First turn Zealot should be preferable as it is much simpler and near-impossible to cheat/err on--counting all of your models in combat when you have blobs of 20+ models creates a lot of unnecessary bookkeeping and incorrect counts.

Also note that Zealot on the first turn vs. any other turn makes no difference--Hatred (and the Zealot rule, which for some reason doesn't just bestow Fearless and Hatred, because GW is dumb as hell) only affects the first round of combat, so you can make Fearless turn to Zealot permanently at a certain size, rather than limit it to the first round of combat.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Over the weekend I put together a Trygon/Mawloc totally magnetic so I can swap the bits around, was a huge pain in the rear end but totally worth it. The arms were super easy and fast to magnetize, not too challenging and pretty straightforward other than the typical foibles with superglue on fingers. But magnetizing the mouth, with the mandibles, the jaw, and the head all close enough for the magnetic fields to overlap, was a colossal pain. The jaw in particular there's just no convenient place to mount a magnet. Got it all done though and pretty happy with the result.

Also tiny magnets are just generally a bigger pain than I expected to work with, keeping the polarity straight when they're so easy to flip over is just awful. Need some kind of color-coated magnets or something. Maybe I should have marked them myself. Oh well.

Now to paint the sucker!

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

jadebullet posted:

Speaking of Black Templars, what happens if one of them starts to show Psychic tendencies? Exectution?

One of their organ thingies is messed up in such a way that you can't be psychic.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Good points, both; I'll probably just make it Hatred, since perpetual Zealot when the mob gets chipped down too small wouldn't jive with losing Fearless.

Proppa Choppy sounds pretty good, & I will probably throw that onto Big Choppas only & make them more expensive--but I think I'll keep it as just worsening armor saves by 1 rather than dropping Termis & Cents by 2. I also considered making it just force re-rolls on successful armor saves, but don't know the math to determine whether that would be too busted.

And yeah, I've spent some time re-reading rules during testing my students this week & found an absolute poo poo-haul of places where GW could have just made an SR provide other SRs with the exact same wording. I want to say the 6th Ed rule book did this. :shrug:

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

raverrn posted:

One of their organ thingies is messed up in such a way that you can't be psychic.

Yeah, their "brains." This flaw makes them be retarded heretical zealots as well.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

The most depressing part of the Horus Heresy is reading about the formation and growth of the Imperial Cult. When the poo poo hits the fan, people will always start looking for external causes and answers instead of looking within... which was what caused the rise of Chaos to begin with.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Can you just use a regular marine and make it Couts As the 30th anniversary marine

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Can you just use a regular marine and make it Couts As the 30th anniversary marine

Depends upon how chill the people you play with are.

I'd probably argue that the 30th anniv marine should count as a regular marine :colbert: stupid infinite-use combi my rear end.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

WYSIWYG isn't even a thing anymore

The Emperor is not a god, he is the greatest man to ever have lived. The existence of the Black Templars is a grave insult to the man who dreamed of a society ruled by reason and logic.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Over the weekend I put together a Trygon/Mawloc totally magnetic so I can swap the bits around, was a huge pain in the rear end but totally worth it. The arms were super easy and fast to magnetize, not too challenging and pretty straightforward other than the typical foibles with superglue on fingers. But magnetizing the mouth, with the mandibles, the jaw, and the head all close enough for the magnetic fields to overlap, was a colossal pain. The jaw in particular there's just no convenient place to mount a magnet. Got it all done though and pretty happy with the result.

Also tiny magnets are just generally a bigger pain than I expected to work with, keeping the polarity straight when they're so easy to flip over is just awful. Need some kind of color-coated magnets or something. Maybe I should have marked them myself. Oh well.

Now to paint the sucker!

My process goes like this:

* Take my "stick" of tiny magnets stuck together, and stick it to the magnet that I want the magnetized piece I'm making to stick to.
* Pull it off and keeping it the same orientation, stick that same side down on the very end of my xacto blade. I keep one blade that's got glue and stuff on it for this.
* Use my fingernails to separate the single magnet from the stick a little bit, and pull the rest of the stick away and set it aside
* Put glue on the magnet hole, and then use the tip of my xacto knife to put the magnet in, just the way it is on the blade, no flipping around.

I just put like 100 magnets in a squad of CSM troops because I'm insane, and after loving up my polarization in my terminator lord arms like 4 times I came up with a system that I only hosed up one more time in my 100~ troop magnets.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Yeah that's how I did the arms; let the stick of magnets attract to the one in the socket, use x-acto to knife them off of it and keep the polarity, break off the stick and then put glue in the hole and use the x-acto to plop the magnet down in the slot.

But while that worked great on the arms and arm socket joints, the mouth and head were just too cramped and the placement was much trickier. I didn't have enough plastic to deal with to drill holes to slot every one of the magnets, so lots of them I had to hold in place while I superglued around them and let them dry, which took longer and was way messier. And some of them I tried holding in place to make sure the angle was right so they'd be fairly articulate, but then sometimes the glue would stick to both of the magnets so they'd get glued together and I'd have to break them apart... :doh: And even on the arms, sometimes the magnet would stick to the x-acto so I had to find a piece of non-metallic wood to poke the magnets and hold them in place while I pulled off the x-acto knife, little things like that. I'd try to put one of the jaw magnets in place, but it'd be attracted to the mandible socket magnet and kept flipping over as I'd place it.

Anyways it was a learning process. Cut my hands up a bit and got superglue everywhere, but the superglue stopped the bleeding!

Gonna get a second flyrant and magnetize the wings now that I know what I'm doing.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

General Olloth posted:

My process goes like this:

* Take my "stick" of tiny magnets stuck together, and stick it to the magnet that I want the magnetized piece I'm making to stick to.
* Pull it off and keeping it the same orientation, stick that same side down on the very end of my xacto blade. I keep one blade that's got glue and stuff on it for this.
* Use my fingernails to separate the single magnet from the stick a little bit, and pull the rest of the stick away and set it aside
* Put glue on the magnet hole, and then use the tip of my xacto knife to put the magnet in, just the way it is on the blade, no flipping around.

I just put like 100 magnets in a squad of CSM troops because I'm insane, and after loving up my polarization in my terminator lord arms like 4 times I came up with a system that I only hosed up one more time in my 100~ troop magnets.

:stonk:

I would rather buy another set of models and model the different options onto those than magnetize every detail. I joke a lot about the tedium of painting X hundred models, etc, but I think that would seriously put me off the hobby. I magnetized the weapon options for six Kataphrons and I almost gave up on that.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 18, 2016

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I don't get why you didn't just magnetize the weapons--the bolters and melta/plasma/flamer are interchangeable.

Also that is an insane amount of work for what seems like very little payoff, e.g. not buying like 1 more squad

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

And yeah, I've spent some time re-reading rules during testing my students this week & found an absolute poo poo-haul of places where GW could have just made an SR provide other SRs with the exact same wording. I want to say the 6th Ed rule book did this. :shrug:

My favorite is Lash Whips for Tyranids, which give models Swiftstrike which in turn just give them +3 Initiative. To my knowledge no other models get this rule--why the gently caress is the bonus nested in a completely seperate SR? :iiam:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Magnetized shoulderpads? :stonk:

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

PierreTheMime posted:

My favorite is Lash Whips for Tyranids, which give models Swiftstrike which in turn just give them +3 Initiative. To my knowledge no other models get this rule--why the gently caress is the bonus nested in a completely seperate SR? :iiam:

Aren't you a Necron player? Don't the Wraith's Whips give them Swiftstrike?

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007
I did say I was insane.

It honestly wasn't that bad, I just set up a little magnet pipeline and went to town.

It wasn't about the money of buying another box or anything, I just wanted to do it. I enjoy the "building things" part of the hobby the most. I probably won't do it again to this extreme though.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Phyresis posted:

Aren't you a Necron player? Don't the Wraith's Whips give them Swiftstrike?

:negative:

I still say it's insane that it has to be a separate rule.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

PierreTheMime posted:

:negative:

I still say it's insane that it has to be a separate rule.

Yeah GW has been quite particular this edition about giving everything a special rule. I'm sure there are many instances of special rules that only apply to one unit/wargear. I suspect that they are cargo-culting the concept of proper templating and concise, consistent rules-writing.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Phyresis posted:

Has the full BC been working out for you? IIRC you were pretty excited about it when the book first came out but I've always been skeptical about it. I just don't think a couple hundred free points of Rhinos/Razors are worth the taxes and limited auxiliary support choices. I know you're Ultras (I unironically love Ultramarines btw) but just comparing the Gladius Strike Force to the new Strike Forces gives us a vague idea of relative power levels. I think you'd be better off looking at a CAD or some sort of combination of detachments and formations. In case you can't tell I really like the Stormlance Battle Demi-Company and firmly believe that it would be a good place to start building a competitive list from.

I haven't gotten to use it simply by lack of models. A local took it using White Scars chapter tactics and went 3-1 in the championship at Adepticon so it can do work. I should say I'm dedicated to running Ultras at local events but if I took them back to Adepticon as a BC is likely run them as Scars. As far as Adepticon goes I'll run them as any codex chapter, but if I could get a competitive list going while running them as Ultras that'd be great. Skyhammer comes to mind, but until I can pour through the new supplement I won't make a final decision.

That being said I do agree the Stormlance looks powerful, and I'm taking a 1250 Ultras Stormlance force at the end of the month so I'll let you know how they do. That being said my experience at Adepticon taught me that 4-5 rhinos will not last against scats and Knights. That being said 11 of them would be very hard to run off.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Uroboros posted:

I haven't gotten to use it simply by lack of models. A local took it using White Scars chapter tactics and went 3-1 in the championship at Adepticon so it can do work. I should say I'm dedicated to running Ultras at local events but if I took them back to Adepticon as a BC is likely run them as Scars. As far as Adepticon goes I'll run them as any codex chapter, but if I could get a competitive list going while running them as Ultras that'd be great. Skyhammer comes to mind, but until I can pour through the new supplement I won't make a final decision.

That being said I do agree the Stormlance looks powerful, and I'm taking a 1250 Ultras Stormlance force at the end of the month so I'll let you know how they do. That being said my experience at Adepticon taught me that 4-5 rhinos will not last against scats and Knights. That being said 11 of them would be very hard to run off.

Yeah the thing about the free transports is that you have to go whole hog (and wallet) to really make it work and even then you're accepting gigantic losses in terms of destroyed vehicles over the course of the game. Razorback spam is actually pretty decent, but you must commit completely.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

PierreTheMime posted:

Yeah the thing about the free transports is that you have to go whole hog (and wallet) to really make it work and even then you're accepting gigantic losses in terms of destroyed vehicles over the course of the game. Razorback spam is actually pretty decent, but you must commit completely.

What to pair with the spam is also an issue. Right now I'm leaning 10th company on bikes as my aux, and conclave on bikes as an HQ. Put the captain and chaplain taxes on bikes as well along with a command squad on bikes(which also nets you another free razor). This way you're looking at 11 razors with 55 Marines, 3 units of mobile backline objective grabbers, and a small Deathstar of about 10 bikes that are half ICs.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
I brought home some hardware from Flying Monkey.

My loss to the harlie guy was changed to a draw after he DQ'd himself. There were some cheating allegations (rerolling the pirate captain's 2+ invul). He didn't do it to me but he never got a chance too). I played 3 of my clubmates on the way up. My pulls after the harlies were battle company, battle company, crons, crons/triptide, cron superfriends. I super dig my list and even the swing piece (the prince) was money every single game. My club also took best team (WARHOGS 4 LYFE), 3 spots in the top 9, and some paint/sports along with best demons, crons, space marines, and deldar. I met Tuxedo Jack who is a very cool dude who got to play my roommate game one and my roommate was very flattered to have you say he was the best game of the weekend, because he is super fun to play. The drive back was brutal (12 hours, and we left after awards at like 8:30pm) but this was super worth it.

A+ would come conquer again.

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 18, 2016

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Hell, I have a command squad of Imperial Marines, let's give them Disintegration Rifles for no points too :)

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Naramyth posted:

Nice, cash prize seems odd as opposed to swag.

How many attendees?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Phyresis posted:

The most depressing part of the Horus Heresy is reading about the formation and growth of the Imperial Cult. When the poo poo hits the fan, people will always start looking for external causes and answers instead of looking within... which was what caused the rise of Chaos to begin with.

I still think it's hilarious that Lorgar wrote the central holy book for both Chaos (the Book of Lorgar) and the Ecclesiarchy (the Lectitio Divinitatus).

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Naramyth posted:

My loss to the harlie guy was changed to a draw after he DQ'd himself. There were some cheating allegations (rerolling the pirate captain's 2+ invul). He didn't do it to me but he never got a chance too). I played 3 of my clubmates on the way up. My pulls after the harlies were battle company, battle company, crons, crons/triptide, cron superfriends. I super dig my list and even the swing piece (the prince) was money every single game. My club also took best team (WARHOGS 4 LYFE), 3 spots in the top 9, and some paint/sports along with best demons, crons, space marines, and deldar. I met Tuxedo Jack who is a very cool dude who got to play my roommate game one and my roommate was very flattered to have you say he was the best game of the weekend, because he is super fun to play. The drive back was brutal (12 hours, and we left after awards at like 8:30pm) but this was super worth it.

It was great to meet you - you guys bailed pretty quickly after the event, I wanted to wish you a congratulations in person.

I nabbed four hobby awards for painting, modeling and scratch building - and I also got the "Most Interesting List" for weird army comp that I was shooting for, so I'm happy.

That game against your roommate was an excellent game - and I had a ton of fun meeting the guys from your club. You all came to play and it was awesome. Now that my 40k hiatus is over and I'm playing again, I plan on heading to Midwest Conquest in May if possible, and we're definitely going to Iron Halo in October. Let me know the next time you're heading south, we can definitely get some games in.

Do you think any of your guys would be interested in a club v club Apoc game? Maybe in a few months?

Uroboros posted:

Nice, cash prize seems odd as opposed to swag.

How many attendees?

I know the FM opted for cash over swag because we had a PILE of swag to give away, and we figured the top awards might as well be cash so people could pick their own prizes. Plus he got one of the very rare ACTUAL Games Workshop sponsorship (we got four of those patches, afaik the rarest swag available).

We had 58 players, and I think we ended with about 6-8 drops by Sunday. We had well over 150 attendees with the other games and spectators though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

150 is rather impressive for your locale. Considering there was only about 180 in the GT at Adepticon which is in Chicago and the biggest US 40k event from what I understand.

• Locked thread