Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

FuzzySkinner posted:

The Nixon adminstration created the EPA, "The War on Cancer", and OSHA.

He also wanted to create Obamacare DECADES earlier, and wanted to put in place a guaranteed living wage.

Ted Cruz doesn't want ANY of that. He wants to destroy it all and then ship our hard earned tax dollars over to loving Israel.

Give me Richard loving Nixon over Ted Cruz any day of the week.

He didn't care about any of that; the Democratic Congress did, and he knew he had no leverage to fight them on it. Nixon's presidency, if he'd been able, would have been him sitting in a dark room with Henry Kissinger playing Risk with real soldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Naerasa posted:

Whoa its a good thing you found the one lady who speaks for all black people.

You have your head up your rear end if you don't acknowledge at least the potential appeal of Trump to blacks

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Alter Ego posted:

He didn't care about any of that; the Democratic Congress did, and he knew he had no leverage to fight them on it. Nixon's presidency, if he'd been able, would have been him sitting in a dark room with Henry Kissinger playing Risk with real soldiers.

Dude at least payed lip service to it and didn't obstruct like a grandstanding jackass.

Cruz would.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Naerasa posted:

Whoa its a good thing you found the one lady who speaks for all black people.

and lo, the queen of black people addressed the court, declaring "i like donald trump because of his bling and all the hot white bitches he fucks"

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

FuzzySkinner posted:

Dude at least payed lip service to it and didn't obstruct like a grandstanding jackass.

Cruz would.

that's a fair distinction, but don't get nixon an iota of credit he doesn't deserve; his administration didn't create those things, he allowed them to happen because it was politically beneficial for himself.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Karl Sharks posted:

that's a fair distinction, but don't get nixon an iota of credit he doesn't deserve; his administration didn't create those things, he allowed them to happen because it was politically beneficial for himself.

Not denying that.

But again, that's the difference between a guy like Cruz and Nixon.

Nixon was an ego maniac, but he'd do anything to make sure he'd look good politically.

Cruz is ALL that PLUS he's a Ayn Rand/Dominionist ideological dipshit.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Vile posted:

You have your head up your rear end if you don't acknowledge at least the potential appeal of Trump to blacks

There is already a statistically insignificant group of black people that always vote Republican. You aren't selling that he'll draw them in significant numbers.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Trump definitely has hip hop appeal with his misogyny, flaunted wealth, and alpha male posturing.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Karl Sharks posted:

cruz won't even do that tho is the point

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheTatteredKing posted:

There is already a statistically insignificant group of black people that always vote Republican. You aren't selling that he'll draw them in significant numbers.

I think you are blinded by your SJW ness

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

pathetic little tramp posted:

Rex Ryan has endorsed Donald Trump.

NY gonna be a Cruz bloodbath.

Ted Cruz is gonna go Travis Bickle on NY after tomorrow

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jewel Repetition posted:

Trump definitely has hip hop appeal with his misogyny, flaunted wealth, and alpha male posturing.

Yup

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Alter Ego posted:

Nixon imposed wage and price controls on the country. Recall that there was a "Pay Board" and a "Price Commission", and wage/price increases had to be cleared with the feds.

Imagine the simultaneous explosions of heads if Obama even joked about such a thing.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Cruz would.

But he did!! He vetoed the Clean Waters Act (creating the EPA) among other progressive legislation you listed. Its just that Congress had a veto-proof majority.

One thing he managed to successfully veto was nation-wide paid leave and child care legislation, so there's that.

Vile posted:

And atoms are actually made of pint-sized elephants...potentially. But its all about likelihood. And microns-length pachyderms being the basis of existence is more realistic than Trump winning a significant percentage of the black vote.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 18, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Vile posted:

I think you are blinded by your SJW ness

Sorry I don't see the axiomatic nature of your argument

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

FuzzySkinner posted:

Not denying that.

But again, that's the difference between a guy like Cruz and Nixon.

Nixon was an ego maniac, but he'd do anything to make sure he'd look good politically.

Cruz is ALL that PLUS he's a Ayn Rand/Dominionist ideological dipshit.

mandatory lesbian posted:

yeah, note i wasn't speaking about cruz at all, just saying i get tired of the "nixon was liberal/progressive!!" poo poo that pops up. yes, he did allow it to happen, which is better than what cruz would do by far, but don't say he was proactive in it and give him credit for it is all

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Maoist Pussy posted:

The people in your neighborhood must be real twats.

I'm guessing a couple of kids, but it's the kind of neighborhood where no one touches your Halloween pumpkins and your new, drying sidewalk will get tagged with "ICP Rules" so who knows

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
lmao here we go

e: anyone know if there are crosstabs to the favorable/unfavorable bit by race?

But Rocks Hurt Head fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 18, 2016

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Alter Ego posted:

Guess what Nixon knew that Obama don't: Bombs take jobs to produce, and jobs win votes.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
yeah trump is totally hip hop i bet he-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyLVDfymZ_c

ah.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Donald Trump is viewed nationally as nearly twice as unfavorably as Ted Cruz and Hillary Clinton. My God.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1j65Um0TNk

Nixon: "Yes we can reduce the defense budget."

Cruz: http://www.cato.org/blog/ted-cruzs-defense-spending-plan-lots-debt-not-much-strategy

"LET'S GO BACK TO BUSH LEVEL SPENDING!!!"

Nixon: " Yes we can reduce conventional forces in europe."

Cruz: https://www.tedcruz.org/issues/stand-with-israel/

"MORE MONEY FOR ISRAEL!!!"

Nixon: "Yes we can protect the environment."

Cruz: http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/03/27/3640110/no-more-climate-regulation-please-signed-ted-cruz/

"MY BIG OIL SUPPORTERS WANT ME TO GET RID OF THE EPA"

Nixon:"Yes we can improve healthcare and make it more available for more people"

Cruz: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ted-cruz-obamacare-iowa_us_56ad66a1e4b077d4fe8e6396

/has threw a tantrum like a loving 3 year old over repealing obamacare.

That's how evil of a man Ted Cruz is.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Trump literally brought a crip and a blood together on a track to diss him but I'm sure he'll be bringing in the black vote like crazy once he pivots

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

lmao here we go

e: anyone know if there are crosstabs to the favorable/unfavorable bit by race?

The last I saw Trump had something like a 91% unfavorable by blacks

I'm telling you it will change. The man actually hasn't done anything bad to blacks. It's the image from the primaries of white supporters at rallies and the KKK stuff. It was all planted. All a set up by the media. It was obvious at the time and should be now.

I'm telling you 20% of black voters will wake up to that and see the betrayal and how used they were by Clinton and the Left. Trump will speak to them and they will hear. We also have Friend Ben. that's a lot of voters

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trump will get endorsements from Blacks like Snoop etc Just recently Ice cube said Trump is the American dream personified http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ice-cube-donald-trump-is-what-americans-love-20160413

He is such a celeb and can control media so well... Blacks are really influenced by media too so listen ignore the threat at your own peril....

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Prof. Lurker posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/18/politics/donald-trump-reince-priebus-nomination/

The headline says it all

"Trump: If I win, I might oust RNC chairman"

Does the nominee actually have the power to do that?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Vile posted:

The last I saw Trump had something like a 91% unfavorable by blacks

I'm telling you it will change. The man actually hasn't done anything bad to blacks. It's the image from the primaries of white supporters at rallies and the KKK stuff. It was all planted. All a set up by the media. It was obvious at the time and should be now.

I'm telling you 20% of black voters will wake up to that and see the betrayal and how used they were by Clinton and the Left. Trump will speak to them and they will hear. We also have Friend Ben. that's a lot of voters

lol this rules. See you in July then.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Carrasco posted:

Yes the presumptive nominee sets convention stuff and then after nomination usually takes majority control of the GOP leadership. One more reason you should Vote Trump and encourage democrats to do there same

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Vile posted:

Blacks are really influenced by media too so listen ignore the threat at your own peril....
Wow your racism really isn't hidden at all any more is it?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jewel Repetition posted:

Turns out the actual black vote is overwhelmingly church-going, older, and female, and mostly hate that stuff. Uh oh!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Carrasco posted:

No.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
If blacks were not overly influenced by the MSM and identity politics why would they continue to support liberal and democratic policies and politicians?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Vile posted:

If blacks were not overly influenced by the MSM and identity politics why would they continue to support liberal and democratic policies and politicians?

Because they're often economically disadvantaged and Democrats have more progressive economic policies?

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

Turns out the actual black vote is overwhelmingly church-going, older, and female, and mostly hate that stuff. Uh oh!

Those would never cross over obviously and yes do represent the vast majority of Dems. We are fighting for the 10-15% or so that are influencable by things like Trump memes

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The republicans being the anti-minority, pro-voter-supression party might have something to do with it. You don't get to sound dog whistles for decades without people catching on.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Vile posted:

Boy, you're just gonna keep saying "blacks" like that, huh?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I mean, I fundamentally disagree that Trump will get any meaningful percentage of the black or hispanic vote, but hey, Ted Cruz is twice as favorable as Donald Trump so we're clearly in a world that doesn't make sense anymore.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Then you will admit its a good thing Trump is a Nationalist and not a republican right?

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Vile posted:

The man actually hasn't done anything bad to blacks.

Well, sure. Unless you count when the DOJ had to sue his company TWICE for not renting to blacks, or when he took out full page ads that led to the wrongful conviction of the "Central Park 5", or saying he didn't trust blacks counting his money, managers having to hide black employees when they knew Trump would be visiting a property, or stoking the whole Obama birther thing, and inciting violence against Black Lives Matter protesters....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Hillary is going to pull off what John Kerry could not, which is win solely based off of 'I know I suck but seriously, gently caress that other guy, am I right'

• Locked thread