Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Speaking of picky? Are Beats really the best option for bluetooth under 200 for gaming in VR? I'm a sennhieser man, what am I to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Texibus posted:

Speaking of picky? Are Beats really the best option for bluetooth under 200 for gaming in VR? I'm a sennhieser man, what am I to do?

Probably? I picked up some BT Beats studios for 89.99 from cowboom and I like them. I mean I don't think I would have spent the 200+ for them but for under 100 I really like them. They are actually really comfortable too.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Yeah, i don't see those bad boys for anywhere near that price anymore, mostly north of 200.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Texibus posted:

Yeah, i don't see those bad boys for anywhere near that price anymore, mostly north of 200.

Yeah it was an open box deal that rarely comes around. I use them for work and I'm very happy with them.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Texibus posted:

Sennheiser has some wireless but non-BT wireless options. Not sure if that's an option for you, unless you really need BT for portable or phone use.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Maybe you could try a Bluetooth portable DAC and use a higher quality set of cans

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Constellation I posted:

Sennheiser has some wireless but non-BT wireless options. Not sure if that's an option for you, unless you really need BT for portable or phone use.

Actually I want the chreapest, best option for moving around with a VR headset on near my computer, say 15 feet. I though BT was my only option for that

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Texibus posted:

Plantronics Backbeat Pro. They are pretty incredible. $163 on Amazon.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Any word on if a new version of the Jaybirds are coming?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

PRADA SLUT posted:

Any word on if a new version of the Jaybirds are coming?

considering logitech just bought them I'd say probably, but maybe under a new name and later

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I'm going to be visiting the States next week and am thinking about getting a pair of the Bluetooth Sennheiser Momentums. I have the original Momentums right now and love them, but would like to go cordless.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? The reviews say they are expensive, but actually worth the money.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Does anyone have a recommendation for headphones or buds that are comfortable to fall asleep in? I would like to be able to lay on my side while listening to music/audiobooks. Bluetooth is preferred.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Trip report on the blackbeats wireless: not good. They look cool, feel cool, sound fine, but the moment you walk four feet away from the transmitting device they start losing signal.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Texibus posted:

Trip report on the blackbeats wireless: not good. They look cool, feel cool, sound fine, but the moment you walk four feet away from the transmitting device they start losing signal.

You can't be talking about the Backbeat Pro over ear ones. I can go like 300' from my phone and it doesn't even stutter. The range and battery is epic. My guess is you mean the in ear standard Backbeat? If not, try updating the headphone firmware.

I got the Backbeat Pro to replace my broken UE9000 cans. They are a legit replacement.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Cithen posted:

Does anyone have a recommendation for headphones or buds that are comfortable to fall asleep in? I would like to be able to lay on my side while listening to music/audiobooks. Bluetooth is preferred.

I've recommended these on this thread before: http://www.amazon.com/AcousticSheep-SleepPhones-Classic-Headphones-Medium/dp/B0046H8ZHS/

I'm also a side sleeper. I use to fall asleep with earbuds in and my ears would ache like gently caress in the morning, these completely fixed that. They aren't the best sound quality, but that's not really what you're looking for in a sleepytime headphone.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
^^^
Oh wow. That seems awesome! Thanks!

Texibus
May 18, 2008

hotsauce posted:

You can't be talking about the Backbeat Pro over ear ones. I can go like 300' from my phone and it doesn't even stutter. The range and battery is epic. My guess is you mean the in ear standard Backbeat? If not, try updating the headphone firmware.

I got the Backbeat Pro to replace my broken UE9000 cans. They are a legit replacement.

definitely talking about those, the only obstacle between me and the tower was a bed, and i think the firmware is updated. Maybe, I'll try updating my bluetooth drivers on the computer too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Texibus posted:

definitely talking about those, the only obstacle between me and the tower was a bed, and i think the firmware is updated. Maybe, I'll try updating my bluetooth drivers on the computer too.

The BT device you have on your computer could have a lovely antenna. Maybe try it with your phone?

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Mmm, only reason i got the headphones was for the purpose of using it with my PC. I'll test on my phone, but they're really only useful if i get them working on the ole PC.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Texibus posted:

Mmm, only reason i got the headphones was for the purpose of using it with my PC. I'll test on my phone, but they're really only useful if i get them working on the ole PC.

I mean you still can you might just need to get a new BT dongle for your PC. It wouldn't surprise me if that were the issue some dongles have poo poo range.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
I'm using whatever nonsense they have on the motherboard, thats probably the issue.

As far as i know it's a decent motherboard, part of a build the goons helped with last year.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Texibus posted:

I'm using whatever nonsense they have on the motherboard, thats probably the issue.

Unless that has an external doohikey, it'll be poo poo on account of being enclosed in a functional Faraday cage.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Texibus posted:

As far as i know it's a decent motherboard, part of a build the goons helped with last year.

Built in bluetooth on M/Bs is really meant to be used with short range, low bandwidth devices ie. mice/keyboards. Headphones require a hell of a lot more bandwidth to function properly. It's really not a surprise that your headphones aren't working very well.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Welp ordered a dongle, the Kinivo BTD-400 4.0. So, hopefully that'll solve the issue, unless y'all have a better recommendation?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Texibus posted:

Welp ordered a dongle, the Kinivo BTD-400 4.0. So, hopefully that'll solve the issue, unless y'all have a better recommendation?

Pair the headphones with your phone to see if it's the computer before you buy more poo poo.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
got about 11 feet away from it outside and the connection start3d making GBS threads itself while connected to a samsung 7 moon phone.

Will that little dongle thing help or are these headphones ill suited for my endeavour?

I need about 15 feet for my holodeck experience.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
You could also run a USB extension cable and plug the dongle to it if you want more reach. Run it behind / under something.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Knifegrab posted:

Are there any good recommendations for wireless over-the-ear headphones. Sound isolation is the most important factor to me.

Are there any immediate recommendations or go-to's? It cannot be bluetooth btw.

Quoting myself because I never got a response.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can I get an amp recommendation that will pair well with Audio-Technica ATH-A900X's? Their specs list the impedance as 40 ohms, what does that mean in terms of selecting the correct amp? They are pretty quiet even when I turn the volume on my pc way up and the bass seems to be mostly missing. I am guessing they really need an amp.

Its for use exclusively with my desktop pc. Ideally something black so it fit in with all the other items on my desk. My primary concern is getting the best value

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Apr 20, 2016

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Fauxtool posted:

Can I get an amp recommendation that will pair well with Audio-Technica ATH-A900X's? Their specs list the impedance as 40 ohms, what does that mean in terms of selecting the correct amp? They are pretty quiet even when I turn the volume on my pc way up and the bass seems to be mostly missing. I am guessing they really need an amp.

Its for use exclusively with my desktop pc. Ideally something black so it fit in with all the other items on my desk. My primary concern is getting the best value

I guess the sub-30 option would be the fiio e6. if you don't have a sound card then the fiio e10k is around $75, or the schiit magni for a little over $100.

e: not taking into account sales and what not. you may find a bargain somewhere

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

Knifegrab, I assume you came to this thread for the same reason as myself looking for Bluetooth Headset for VR.

I was told Plantronic Blackbeats would suit my needs. I haven't got my HMD yet but the headphones are comfortable and sound great. My only issue was range, can only get about 11 feet away from my phone before reception issues.

However, I think the Vive has a bluetooth receiver in it so that may eliminate the range problem (you'd know better than I would on this)

Anyway Plantronics Black beats was the recommendation I got.

Texibus fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 20, 2016

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Knifegrab posted:

Sennheiser's models are probably the best wireless non-bluetooth options.

Fauxtool posted:

Fiio E10k, Schiit Fulla, Schiit Magni 2

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is "Schiit" pronounced how I think it is?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Yes.

:itwaspoo:

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Schiit has this whole marketing scheme that would make sense if you checked out their website.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Fauxtool posted:

You really don't need an amp for the A900X. It should be pretty drat loud at 100% volume. Maybe check your volume settings and everything else in control panel to see if you have any other sliders turned down or something. If your headphone out is that hosed though, then a Fiio E10K would probably be best.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Fauxtool posted:

I got the SMSL SD793-II for my 598's (didn't need an amp but it was quiet for me). It's $10 cheaper than the Fiio, and for being a Chinese house brand, it's been pretty great for me. Though it's not a USB DAC, it's optical.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled
I'm looking for a pair of bluetooth IEMs after my SO got some and made me jealous. I'm looking at these Brainwavz, but am a little concerned at some of the range and reliability comments.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YDVY34Q/ref=psdc_12097478011_t1_B01BHHPDS8

Any better suggestions? Trying to keep it under $100 but would go over for a killer set. Going to be used running, (lol) traveling and probably at work if they're good enough to keep my HD598s at home and work with my 2 year old macbook.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

glompix posted:

I'm looking for a pair of bluetooth IEMs after my SO got some and made me jealous. I'm looking at these Brainwavz, but am a little concerned at some of the range and reliability comments.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YDVY34Q/ref=psdc_12097478011_t1_B01BHHPDS8

Any better suggestions? Trying to keep it under $100 but would go over for a killer set. Going to be used running, (lol) traveling and probably at work if they're good enough to keep my HD598s at home and work with my 2 year old macbook.

I had a pair of those Brainwavz and ended up replacing them with a pair of NuForce BE6 which I really like. Better sound quality, haven't had any connection problems (which I had occasionally with the BWz). My only complaint is the really silly placement of the charging port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Texibus posted:

Knifegrab, I assume you came to this thread for the same reason as myself looking for Bluetooth Headset for VR.

I was told Plantronic Blackbeats would suit my needs. I haven't got my HMD yet but the headphones are comfortable and sound great. My only issue was range, can only get about 11 feet away from my phone before reception issues.

However, I think the Vive has a bluetooth receiver in it so that may eliminate the range problem (you'd know better than I would on this)

Anyway Plantronics Black beats was the recommendation I got.

You don't want bluetooth for VR, wayyyyy too much latency.