Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

My favorite part of that picture is how he just tore the bag open. Just couldn't wait for that QP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Manslaughter posted:

Jesus you mauled that bag
I always do that, salt and sometimes crumbs come out of the paper things that hold the fries, so I just leave that in the bag and tear a side open. No mess that way.

e: also, before today I did not know that McD's will add bacon to a double QP for a buck.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 17, 2016

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Burged pretty hard tonight. Double smash burger with provolone and sharp cheddar, and caramelized onions.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Burged pretty hard tonight. Double smash burger with provolone and sharp cheddar, and caramelized onions.

Beautiful :golfclap:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Went to sweden and had a burger. Well this is my fiances burger, I had a double cheeseburger, no pics. It was pretty good, medium rare patties.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
good god man

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

this is a large trout. new name. had a backlog I needed to purge

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

:burger: So hard right now :burger:

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Did you just do a tour de burgs?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

yea i had a backstory for all of them but that poo poo would have taken forever. i know the first one was from japan

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Yeah lets have more of that please.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
My favorite thing to do is to go into this thread and make my friends super hungry by PMing them links from the various image dumps.

So thank you, friend.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
sweet baby jesus those are some tasty burgs

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Philip Rivers posted:

The real reason you salt pasta isn't really about flavor or texture. :ssh: You're supposed to throw a dash in right when you put the pasta in the pot because the salt crystals act as points for nucleation and keep the water at a boil.

Source: my culinary teacher.

That's the most bs thing I've ever heard. Salt crystals dissolve and nucleation take place at the surface of the pot not in it. Else wise the pasta itself provides plenty enough surface for that.

Salt is for flavor. Not temperature, not loving bubbles. Flavor.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Jesus gently caress those burgs

I want literally all of those burgs

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

ah yeah trout postin'

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

but wait, there's more!

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

just remember that all burgs are beautiful. even the ugly ones

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

i ate a hamburger steak for lunch

that counts, right? :ohdear:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

This is disconcerting

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i would destroy that (with my mouth)

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

I am so jealous of you, but at the same time, so very concerned for your health after consuming all of those.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I misunderstood an earlier post. these aren't all my burgs. the tour de burg was mostly internet based. god no. I'd be dead

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

That is a godamned work of art.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

GET MY BELT SON posted:

I misunderstood an earlier post. these aren't all my burgs. the tour de burg was mostly internet based. god no. I'd be dead

I am somewhat disappointed, you were my internet hero. But you still do the lord's work.

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.

Philip Rivers posted:

This is disconcerting

It's like the bloody mary of burgs. Just keep sticking poo poo on top of it until it transcends any one "meal."

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

comedy option

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

GET MY BELT SON posted:

comedy option

Would.

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Burgin' at the Garden State Ale House in New Brunswick NJ. Please excuse my greasy and disgusting paw, I am a goon after all.

Got the Das Burger which consists of (in cross-sectional order):
- Potato bun
- Spicy Chipotle Aioli
- Applewood smoked bacon
- an onion ring or two
- A fried egg
- Pork Roll (Taylor Ham if you are a dork)
- a large puck of Gouda, fried
- Medium Rare gently caress Beef for manly loving.
- pickles, onions, tomato, accoutrements.

Upgraded to onion rings over fries and was not disappointed.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

you can never go wrong with a puck of gouda

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

That looks fantastic.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Oh man.

There's a Garden State Ale House up near me. I've not eaten there yet but Now I am rethinking this

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I am so loving jealous of your American burg options

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Martin's potato roll, mayo, romaine, american cheese, 5 oz. patty, red onion, whole grain mustard. It was simple and pretty dank.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I love your grandmother's plates

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Gramgram says thank you and hopes you're doing well and that the rash cleared up

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

your burg looks amazing btw

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I'm gonna be honest, I just like the garbage burgers at Mcdonalds. They are better than burger king at least (though neither of them can hold a candle to my dads best burgers).

btw I'm not saying the burgers in this thread don't look good, they just seem like too much effort for not enough gain. you can get over 80% of the quality for under 20% of the effort.

Thinking about it, what would one say is the most essential things to get a quality burger. I figure grilled from groundbeef, but with a bit of pink inside gets a lot of the effect of a good burger.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

thechosenone posted:

Thinking about it, what would one say is the most essential things to get a quality burger. I figure grilled from groundbeef, but with a bit of pink inside gets a lot of the effect of a good burger.

1) Cast iron
2) (proceeding from 1) great browned crust. Applies universally to pub burger or smash burger, and any burg without the contrast of excellent browned crust plus juicy interior is just going to be a sad sack of poo poo.

• Locked thread