Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

man nurse posted:

The Princes are impossible and I think I'm done trying to beat this game.

You can hit B to roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Legitimately killing two sunbros (one fell off a cliff but he had like no HPs) a fun police and the host in a straight up fight with a 2h uchigatana is the greatest feeling in the world and of course I didn't record it but I did record myself losing every other invasion that session

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

m.hache posted:

Can someone explain why my raw Astora sword does more damage overall in lieu of the heavy upgrade when I have 24 str? Do I need higher str to get the payoff?

Raw will beat scaling unless your relevant stat(s) are really high or the scaling is B+. You aren't even close to having a "strength build" at 24 strength.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Steve2911 posted:

Is it scummy to invade someone with a Red Eye Orb just so you can have a look around the area unhindered by enemies?

Because it feels really sort of necessary in the Catacombs.

I generally just sunbro it up till I feel comfortable about the level if I find it's too loving crazy.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Wish pvp wasn't super loving awful this time.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Appoda posted:

I don't know who that is, but I imagine it's difficult in general to talk to a stream chat/another person and play the game well enough to keep your attention on everything.

Oh absolutely, but this is an old-school Let's Play and not a stream.

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'll give him a pass after he owned poo poo in From The Dark

So that one's good? I was unsure about watch it.

Elman posted:

Wait, what? I missed that too.

Bell tower behind Firelink Shrine.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

man nurse posted:

Summon a sunbro?

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

you do need to talk to her in both of her catacombs locations

Where's her second location? Don't need particular details, I'd just like to know which bonfire to start at so I don't have to clear the place out again.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Moon Monster posted:

Raw will beat scaling unless your relevant stat(s) are really high or the scaling is B+. You aren't even close to having a "strength build" at 24 strength.

At 16/18 str/dex the Dark Sword gets more AR out of Heavy than Raw.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

man nurse posted:

the trick is to kill the one with diamonds in his pockets before you kill the one who wants to buy you rockets

if you kill him, your father will condone you, but if you kill me, your father will disown you

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Looking forward to the inevitable LobosJr run using this glitch.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Sheep posted:

Anyone else having issues with textures not loading/performance going to poo poo after about half an hour of play? I never had this problem until like four days ago. Not sure if it's just to do with Irithyll/the subsequent areas/a post-release patch or what but it's really killing the game for me.

I've been sitting at the loading screen for like five minutes now and the game is installed on an SSD. Even moved it to a separate SSD and no change. Makes no sense.

edit: even alt-F4's the game and it's still at 22% CPU and 700MB of RAM used...

i started having issues as well, mostly small freezes and my HDD spins up for some reason, even though the games on my SSD. I think it probably has something to do with pagefilin' but i also think windows is set to not use my HDD for any page file needs.

idgi. oh, it also happened for me roughly after i got to irythil/beat the boss of the area.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Blaziken386 posted:

Every world I've invaded has had the host + 2 phantoms.
Why.
I just want to get some 1 on 1 fights, dammit. PvP is fun, PPPvP isn't.

All the best streams have the invader slaughtering everyone.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Beat the game. Last boss is cool, in fact most of the bosses are with a handful of exceptions. My main gripe with them would be that there are a lot of humanoid bosses, more so than DS1 or 2. HOWEVER there are also a ton of enemies non humanoid enemies that would of been bosses in previous games, so its not like the game is lacking for weird stuff. The linearity is probably the biggest point against the actual PvE.

I'd like to see its a great end to the series but..well, I just can't be satisfied with it when the PvP is so messed up. I was hoping this would be a worthy end to Souls game that I could continue to enjoy with the PvP but they hosed up so many things about it. Its frustrating.

Also controversial opinnion; I think the Champion is the hardest boss in the whole game for shieldless melee.

man nurse posted:

Actual advice; the pillars are the key. They block projectiles and big bro can't lunge through them, so you can use them to create a safe barrier when you need to buff and heal. Big bros combos aren't very long so getting hits on him isn't difficult, you just can't be greedy. Try and position yourself behind him so you can deal damage to both of them at the same time.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

the trick is to kill the one with diamonds in his pockets before you kill the one who wants to buy you rockets

if you kill him, your father will condone you, but if you kill me, your father will disown you

God drat :eyepop:

This joke must never die.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 19, 2016

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Your Computer posted:

Why does everyone assume there are two crows? :confused: I know there were two in DS2, but they clearly spoke with very different voices. A crow can be allowed to like two things right? Or am I going deaf and there are two distinct voices?

There are two nests, so I can see why people would think that. The voice is exactly the same in both spots, so I just assumed the same crow had two nests, but I guess it's possible that there's two of them? I dunno.

edit: Also yeah just summon for Princes if the alternative is quitting the game and never playing it again. Summoning makes it easy as hell, and they are tougher than the actual final boss so it would be a shame to miss out on everything else because of that.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

The Moon Monster posted:

I get about one blue sentinel summon every 3 hours or so and as far as I can tell the two covenants are exactly the same. I think the ratio of people wearing the Way of the Blue covenant while being invaded vs. people wearing the sentinels/darkmoon covenant is probably pretty low. I never put it on myself since there's no WotB rewards like there were in DS2.

i just want to cast blue sparkles on my weapon like my beautiful wife, sirras :qq:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Cosplay-PvP, this guy is doing it right: https://youtube.com/watch?v=oKvhdRqhXSg (sixth area + NPC spoiler)

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Dan Didio posted:

Uh, no you can't.

Yes you can. Right hand side near the back, look up the video. I double checked after they posted and they're completely correct.

Doctobear
Apr 18, 2016

Appoda posted:

I don't know who that is, but I imagine it's difficult in general to talk to a stream chat/another person and play the game well enough to keep your attention on everything. Lots of people who are pretty great or pretty knowledgeable about video games (including developers who play their own games) completely blow when streaming or recording live.

But like I said, I've never seen his stuff. Maybe he just sucks.
He did a good playthrough of the first dark souls recently . I think it was good because he was just showing off the game and good farming spots not learning the game

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Is there a trick to getting summoned as a blue phantom? Alternatively, is there an item dupe glitch I can use to get 30 ears? Because I've farmed 7 in like two hours and I need 23 more.

edit: I'm SL 76, if there's a place I should hang out.

Hamsterlady fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 19, 2016

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MrLonghair posted:

Cosplay-PvP, this guy is doing it right: https://youtube.com/watch?v=oKvhdRqhXSg (sixth area + NPC spoiler)

Since there's no other way to the boss room except over the bridge, couldn't you as a invader run and break it and then the host has no choice but to commit suicide or wait for you to time out?

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

RatHat posted:

Since there's no other way to the boss room except over the bridge, couldn't you as a invader run and break it and then the host has no choice but to commit suicide or wait for you to time out?

There is a path you can walk around up above the bridge and then drop down. They even show a couple people doing that in the video.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that I'm an idiot and leveled up a lot before I realized I would need to do multiplayer stuff to get all the spells. Is 127 way too high to regularly find people/where would I do it/in which cycle?

edit: I'm even more of an idiot. Sunbro co-op, specifically.

An Actual Princess fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 19, 2016

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh man, this is totally gonna get patched soon, and I'll miss it. (Kinda mid-late game Pontiff Sulyvahn boss spoilers)

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Decided I'm just going afk with my Darkmoon badge on for the next 24 hours.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The speedrun tactic is currently Parry-Sit-Parry-Sit, no joke.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

At 16/18 str/dex the Dark Sword gets more AR out of Heavy than Raw.

Well, it has A scaling with heavy so that doesn't disagree with what I said. The sword the guy I was quoting posted has D scaling with Heavy.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 19, 2016

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yes you can. Right hand side near the back, look up the video. I double checked after they posted and they're completely correct.

ENDING SPOILERS: Here is the clearest shot I could find online of the crowd before it begins to pan up. Which one of those figures do you think is Anri?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Philthy posted:

I generally just sunbro it up till I feel comfortable about the level if I find it's too loving crazy.

same, let's me rack up some souls while being able to explore no pressure

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

weekly font posted:

Sit? I don't understand.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

weekly font posted:

Is there a video of that?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

ENDING SPOILERS: Here is the clearest shot I could find online of the crowd before it begins to pan up. Which one of those figures do you think is Anri?

That's from the exact video I watched. Pull it back a couple seconds and you can see one of the figures at back right wearing Elite Knight armor. It's rather distinct from Yuria and her fellow handmaiden

Seriously just punch Dark Souls 3 Usurp into Youtube you'll find it. Youtubes a bit unwieldly for me on mobile atm.

Edit: Although I take back that that's the EXACT same video. One I watched had a robed PC.

Captain Oblivious fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 19, 2016

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

looking at that unused content ruined me

I mean seriously, you left out the Gold and Silver Tracers, FROM? :negative:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Spoilers for the UG why aren't the Hollow Ashes spawning for me? They're supposed to be were Yoel is, but I see nothing.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

argondamn posted:

Wish pvp wasn't super loving awful this time.

PvP is the best in the entire series this game.
If you're talking about invading worlds with too many phantoms:

1. Git Gud
2. Wait for the playerbase to stabalize
3. Red Soapstone has yet to give me anything but a 1v1

Honestly the fact that the game encourages low level invasions in High Wall with how early you can get red eye orb is amazing. Its infinitely better than rushing it without leveling in DS1 and never getting the orb at all in DS2.
The only complaint I have about the PvP in this game is that backstabs aren't that great, meaning its easy to estus through pain as a host.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That's from the exact video I watched. Pull it back a couple seconds and you can see one of the figures at back right wearing Elite Knight armor. It's rather distinct from Yuria and her fellow handmaiden

Seriously just punch Dark Souls 3 Usurp into Youtube you'll find it. Youtubes a bit unwieldly for me on mobile atm.

Edit: Although I take back that that's the EXACT same video. One I watched had a robed PC.

I just found the video you're talking about and it's different, there's straight up a different hollow in place of Anri in mine, I wonder what triggers that? Mine didn't have Anri in it, and neither does the one I screenshotted just there.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I've won two 1v4's tonight, killing host and blue cop for triple tongue, by destroying that bridge in catacombs. This is great.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

I just found the video you're talking about and it's different, there's straight up a different hollow in place of Anri in mine, I wonder what triggers that? Mine didn't have Anri in it, and neither does the one I screenshotted just there.

That's weird as hell. You can clearly see it here at 5:46 too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9v74CutD0NE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That's weird as hell. You can clearly see it here at 5:46 too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9v74CutD0NE

Yeah, here are the two screenshots I have; the wierdest thing is that the video where Anri is there, did everything exactly the same as me, yet my ending didn't show her there.

ENDING SPOILERS: http://imgur.com/a/6M3Y2