Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Is there a renewable source of titanite scales at any point in this game?

an enemy can drop them later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

man, using a spear in your offhand is a ton of fun for pvp

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

man, using a spear in your offhand is a ton of fun for pvp

i'm going to off-hand the brand you get in the dungeon... maybe upgrade it a little and see what i can do with it.

Soral
May 30, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

i've found like only 1 or 2 miracle tomes for the priestess, which leads me to believe i'm missing a shitload

theres at least one that is permanently missable

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

in my scuffle w/ a certain NPC i murdered the ash lady at the bonfire. but she's just back there pissed at you and raises her prices lmao

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Popped dried finger and giant seed and Grabbed a guy and went from the first bonfire in irithyll all the way to the boss. Got invaded five times and killed them all. I couldn't pop another bonfire cause I was cooped and I made the call to fight the boss with my banked 40k souls and my long ally. He got stabbed and murdered very fast. Rip draggy the sun bro

[ Another bonfire technically outside the zone I mean]

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

in my scuffle w/ a certain NPC i murdered the ash lady at the bonfire. but she's just back there pissed at you and raises her prices lmao

you can get rid of the price hike by absolving your sins

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What if you were transported to the first bonfire of Farron Keep right now in real life and had to make it to Abyss Watchers.. how far would you get?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

What if you were transported to the first bonfire of Farron Keep right now in real life and had to make it to Abyss Watchers.. how far would you get?

Heh..you mean as far as linking the fire right? Cause I could do that in my sleep. :smug:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think I'd make it to the upright goat.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

I think I'd make it to the upright goat.

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i ran into him again in ng+ and thought "he cant be as bad as I remember" and he killed me with that stupid rear end stomp

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

>listening to Kanye West's 30 Hours on his new album
>see related video "Dark Souls III OST - Crystal Sages"
>Cant click fast enough

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
id make it into the poison water an immediately succumb

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

i've found like only 1 or 2 miracle tomes for the priestess, which leads me to believe i'm missing a shitload

some NPC storyline spoilers here (but will possibly save you from having someone die) there are two dark miracle tomes (I think "Deep" and "Londo") and I gave them to her and learned the spells and she went crazy. her "protector" guy showed up to murk me though and at least I got to kill him and take his loot which includes an absurd 50 STR requirement great shield with a weapon art that makes the lady on the front of the shield start moaning lol

edit: someone told me there's a later-game vendor who you can give the Hex tomes to instead without making them go crazy but I have no idea when they show up

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i ran into him again in ng+ and thought "he cant be as bad as I remember" and he killed me with that stupid rear end stomp

He has mastered down-air into grab.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Soral posted:

theres at least one that is permanently missable

which one is that??

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

He has mastered down-air into grab.

haha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

man i wish i could fight any boss on demand 1v1

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

even when you fight the bosses that are "big sword men" its loving epic and they have great, varied creative movesets and gently caress you up instead of 1-2-BIG SWING-stop

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

man i wish i could fight any boss on demand 1v1

A boss rush mode would be ftw

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
God. FROM, let me fight the bosses solo. Please. God.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
>when you can't trust the purple phantom
>

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmfao

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I have a dumb question about infusion, from the profaned coal does the hollow infusion increase luck and scale with hollowing or increase luck and scale with luck?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

>

hahaha

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Black Baby Goku posted:

>

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

>

Lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

why in the gently caress would they bring back the melu scimitar and keep it with the absurd parry window

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ng+ pvp is either ppl with melu scimitars and a big sword or people with poky weapons that somehow deal more poise damage than zweis

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Sure wish I could like, tick a box or something that made it so when I invade I don't wander into 3 man gank squads. poo poo, host already has advantage over me enough, what with the extra health and Estus, don't understand why these pansy hosts need 3 buddies to fight me.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my understanding is that invasion matchmaking always favors games with a higher player count, and I like the opposite, unless I'm doing the chaotic protectors stuff. If I'm just putting out a red orb I like the cat and mouse 1v1 style a lot more

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you want 1v1 duels, use the red summon sign

if you want to be another mob in the crowd invade

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also heres what the little arena outside pontiff on NG+ looks like

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Hot Dog. Just discovered that the lovely ring that gives you a tiny heal if you get a 5-hit combo gives you an instant full heal if you get a truly mighty combo going (I.e. using the winged twin axes' infinite spin attack)

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

if you want 1v1 duels, use the red summon sign

if you want to be another mob in the crowd invade

poo poo dude, even when I do that the host is still probably going to have 2 lovely randos with him because he just wants to farm souls and waste my time.

At least black separation crystal lets me just loving leave those kinds of fights.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So I saw that the PS4k is real and is coming out in October. Every game released by September of this year has to be compatible with it, and it will have stuff like better framerate or higher res stuff. also sounds like developers can revisit older titles and patch in support. If Bloodborne/DS3 get 60fps support id probably buy a new system.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its kind of incredible to me that dks2 had several dedicated battle arenas just for PVP and this game has nothing you just have to pray you get a legit host.

the pve is perfect but they gave pvp the shaft

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's not really surprising, considering DSII is the series anomaly with the high volume of pvp specific arenas. The dark souls DLC had that one spot no one used and Bloodborne barely had an invasion mechanic at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

It's not really surprising, considering DSII is the series anomaly with the high volume of pvp specific arenas. The dark souls DLC had that one spot no one used and Bloodborne barely had an invasion mechanic at all

it is surprising because across all these games you can surmise that "oh wow people love PVP and dedicate multiple runs to gimmick chars etc. we should throw them a bone" but they didnt lol

• Locked thread