Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So it took about four tries tonight and I finally beat tutorial boss after my futility last night. I have 10k souls for my trouble though.

Thanks to those who chimed in with advice had the right idea I don't think I was paying enough attention to his cues for multi attack or one.

Also helped a ton to realize I could grab my club with two hands and just gave up trying to block altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Dan Didio posted:

Yeah, here are the two screenshots I have; the wierdest thing is that the video where Anri is there, did everything exactly the same as me, yet my ending didn't show her there.

ENDING SPOILERS: http://imgur.com/a/6M3Y2

:psyduck:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The Gorp posted:

PvP is the best in the entire series this game.
If you're talking about invading worlds with too many phantoms:

1. Git Gud
2. Wait for the playerbase to stabalize
3. Red Soapstone has yet to give me anything but a 1v1

Honestly the fact that the game encourages low level invasions in High Wall with how early you can get red eye orb is amazing. Its infinitely better than rushing it without leveling in DS1 and never getting the orb at all in DS2.
The only complaint I have about the PvP in this game is that backstabs aren't that great, meaning its easy to estus through pain as a host.

I mean it feels awful.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Backstabs being garbage is really bad for PvP because it makes chasing people down almost impossible.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
They should patch in a blue eye orb or make the red eye orb function as a blue eye orb when you're a Darkmoon or something to fix the completely hosed matchmaking for this covenant.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I can't imagine someone seriously claiming DS3 PvP is the best in the series unless they didn't play the other two much or at all.

The speed and availability of Estus in PvP tends to turn fights into long drawn out slogs, making even victory tiresome and unsatisfying.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Captain Oblivious posted:

I can't imagine someone seriously claiming DS3 PvP is the best in the series unless they didn't play the other two much or at all.

The speed and availability of Estus in PvP tends to turn fights into long drawn out slogs, making even victory tiresome and unsatisfying.

I wish I was as good as Peeve. He welcomes 4v1 and usually wins. :stare:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
where's the bonfire in Profaned Capital?

edit: never mind

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Some guy invaded me in the Consumed King's Garden and just...fought the enemies till he died? :shrug:

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

God drat it. Apparently I hosed up Anri's quest line because I killed the Catacombs boss ages ago. gently caress this bullshit in which you have to read a god drat wiki to get all of the character stuff down just right.

I'm mad about video games >:(

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Toriori posted:

where's the bonfire in Profaned Capital?

The very beginning, it's opposite the bridge you came in from up a ladder.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Hamsterlady posted:

They should patch in a blue eye orb or make the red eye orb function as a blue eye orb when you're a Darkmoon or something to fix the completely hosed matchmaking for this covenant.

I don't think DS3 even has a PvP sin mechanic for a blue eye orb to hook onto. It might be easier to rig Darkmoons to also respond to Aldrich invades and make that the Land of 2v2s?

The two covenants have a rivalry thing after all.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

The Gorp posted:

Honestly the fact that the game encourages low level invasions in High Wall with how early you can get red eye orb is amazing. Its infinitely better than rushing it without leveling in DS1 and never getting the orb at all in DS2.
The only complaint I have about the PvP in this game is that backstabs aren't that great, meaning its easy to estus through pain as a host.
The fact that you can get the Red Eye Orb so early is fantastic. It's pretty much the only reason I'm actually doing PvP this time.
Sidenote: According to the wiki, invading as a purple phantom gives you higher priority for worlds with multiple phantoms already in them, for "maximum chaos."

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Another PvP crime; they didn't make a new and improved rat covenant.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I wish I was as good as Peeve. He welcomes 4v1 and usually wins. :stare:

Got a link to some videos/streams of this?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

man nurse posted:

The Princes are impossible and I think I'm done trying to beat this game.

the pontiff was much harder and you beat him.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

I don't think DS3 even has a PvP sin mechanic for a blue eye orb to hook onto. It might be easier to rig Darkmoons to also respond to Aldrich invades and make that the Land of 2v2s?

The two covenants have a rivalry thing after all.

I guess it doesn't fit with the purpose of a blue phantom, but they could also just make winning a red eye invasion with the Darkmoon covenant equipped give you an ear, since other covenants get their items if they use the red eye orb.

I just want ears. Is there an area I'd be more likely to get pulled into (if area even matters as a blue phantom, it's not like I've ever been summoned to test)? I'm SL 76 with a +10 weapon. I can dump souls into more levels if I'm just severely underleveled for my weapon.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Many pages late, but the Furtive Pygmy was Manus. They make that abundantly clear.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Eh, not really. For ganks, a bit, yeah, but that's always been the case. But even then a well-timed Undead Hunter Charm will smooth things over, and you can punish/keep people form using Estus in even 1v1s if you just up the aggression.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Internet Kraken posted:

Another PvP crime; they didn't make a new and improved rat covenant.

Got a link to some videos/streams of this?

https://www.twitch.tv/peeve/profile

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just realized you can sell the use to get souls items for the amount they're worth. No waiting on animations

Orv
May 4, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

Just realized you can sell the use to get souls items for the amount they're worth. No waiting on animations

That... actually takes longer than just using them.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I picked up the jailers key ring but when I go to Siegward to open his cell it says it's locked. did I miss something?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Since I somehow posted this question in the wrong thread like an rear end in a top hat, where do I buy greatarrows?

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Just a perfectly normal farm hand.

Appoda posted:

God drat it. Apparently I hosed up Anri's quest line because I killed the Catacombs boss ages ago. gently caress this bullshit in which you have to read a god drat wiki to get all of the character stuff down just right.

I'm mad about video games >:(

I don't think you have. As long as you don't tell Anri where Horace is, they will move to Irithyll. If you beat the catacombs boss before you find Horace the quest line will progress. This happened to me and I also thought I'd hosed it up, so you should be fine.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fuzz posted:

Many pages late, but the Furtive Pygmy was Manus. They make that abundantly clear.

yeah it's kinda funny when you read online that it's a rumor or whatever but it's really obvious.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Toriori posted:

I picked up the jailers key ring but when I go to Siegward to open his cell it says it's locked. did I miss something?

That's only for the 3 cells in the dungeon itself. You need a special key for that one.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so im not really following the NPC stories, figure i'd leave that till next playthrough, but apparently I've been doing anri's. did I just get married and put a sword through his head?

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Just a perfectly normal farm hand.

queeb posted:

so im not really following the NPC stories, figure i'd leave that till next playthrough, but apparently I've been doing anri's. did I just get married and put a sword through his head?

Yep.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

SubponticatePoster posted:

Since I somehow posted this question in the wrong thread like an rear end in a top hat, where do I buy greatarrows?

only ones i found were from this http://darksouls3.wikidot.com/easterner-s-ashes

There may be more but I've not found em

600 souls an arrow yikes

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Regy Rusty posted:

That's only for the 3 cells in the dungeon itself. You need a special key for that one.

:sigh: and where's that.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Could someone link me to an explanation of what the hell is going on in multiplayer? I finished the game and I still only vaguely know the rules and what the colors mean.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Getting mad at some skeletons in the catacombs. Is there a way to neutralize or stop that ball of skeletons that tries to Indiana Jones you? Really aggravating having to wait for it to pass by to run and the novelty of realizing that holy poo poo, it's coming back for you quickly wears out.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Calaveron posted:

Getting mad at some skeletons in the catacombs. Is there a way to neutralize or stop that ball of skeletons that tries to Indiana Jones you? Really aggravating having to wait for it to pass by to run and the novelty of realizing that holy poo poo, it's coming back for you quickly wears out.

They are controlled by the skeleton's wearing little wizard hats. If you kill them, the ball will dissipate the next time it hits a wall.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

plape tickler posted:

Could someone link me to an explanation of what the hell is going on in multiplayer? I finished the game and I still only vaguely know the rules and what the colors mean.

White and gold, they're your friends. Purple, they might be friends or they might try to gently caress you over but they disappear once you reach a boss. Blue, they are your friends who only appear when you are invaded. Red with blue aura or viceversa, they're going to gently caress you up until you leave a certain area.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Calaveron posted:

There's a skeleton named Hat Damon. Kill him and you have your answer

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ok, I got some questions about building characters.

1: When I level up a stat, for example Strength, it highlights that it affects that stat but when i go to put points into it it does not raise that stat higher. Will it only raise that stat at certain thresholds?

2: When looking at the attack power of a weapon, what does it mean when it says 100 + 4, for example.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Any tips on how to beat Pontiff?

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
How do you beat this stupid poo poo rear end level Central Irithyll? gently caress those fire staff butthole sucking shitlords.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can't access the server on the Xbone side, I guess the patch is being rolled out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Anyone have an SL/weapon upgrade list for zone levels for coop? I'm level 35 with a +3 raw sword and it seems like no one is ever around now that I'm doing like Smoldering Lake/Irithyl Catacombs/Anor Londo. I'm guessing I'm underlevelled rather than over.