Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Mikumo's pretty great, but COMMANDER KANAME BUCCANEER is clearly the girl who gets things done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AfroSquirrel posted:

Mikumo's pretty great, but COMMANDER KANAME BUCCANEER is clearly the girl who gets things done.

Kinda weird that all these Immelman, Guynemer, Prowler, Mölders, Johnson, and Mustang people like to give their daughters the weaboo-est names but the boys get "Chuck" and "Ernest"

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
It's Japan. Chuck and Ernest are basically weaboo names.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Finally got around to watching the second episode.

The girl with the permanent cat smile is good.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
If the show takes a sharp turn off away from macross frontier it might be good.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sheryl Nome hopping on the Walkure bandwagon.

https://twitter.com/mayn_tw/status/721708095378821121

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Three is out

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Go to your classes Hayate.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Alright, now lets have more dancing mech battles!

Hayate just can't catch a break though. Every time he does ok and feels the wind someone shoots him from behind.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm such a goddamn dork.
I totally got chills when Freyja started singing.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"

a kitten posted:

I'm such a goddamn dork.
I totally got chills when Freyja started singing.

Same. Awaiting more of the same in future eps!

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

All the songs so far have been really good and all the characters are adorable

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Yeah, I have been kind of surprised that the songs are so fun. I think we're in for a good time.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I was expecting the episode to start with Mirage punching Hayate again.

What I got was even better. :allears:

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Music's been pretty on point so far. Hopefully with some more slick, dance fighting Macross is looking like a goody.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

I like angry elf girl and hope she stays angry.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

I wasn't really feeling this series based on the first two episodes, something about the overshowy idol fight felt wrong.
Opinion has changed, show is good. :getin:

Rectus posted:

I like angry elf girl and hope she stays angry.
Also this. Please don't go tsundere 7 episodes in.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Someone theorized it earlier, but I'm also now on board with the idea that Purple Idol is an AI/android. Punching out of the ground, ~mysterious living arrangements ~. Maybe Vers syndrome is nanomachine based and that's why she can fix it.

Also, Green and Red are totally a couple.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Daedalus1134 posted:

So are you skipping the opening everytime or...?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I'm a big fan of Macross and I'm pretty pissed that I missed the first few episodes already.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Daedalus1134 posted:

The opening basically screams "she's the third corner of a love triangle", it's Macross so a love triangle is basically mandatory, and her entire character is based around being straight-laced and by-the-book whereas Hayate doesn't give a gently caress about anything so she's going to be super annoyed with him about that.

Prepare yourself.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

She's obviously the third part of the triangle, she can be that without being a cliched tsundere character though. I like all of the three, they're spunky and tease each other and generally interact in interesting ways.

tumblr gif roundup

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I hated the cat parts. But the rest was great!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Normally tsunderes get upset because their brains are broken. I don't really blame Mirage for being mad at a slacker who refuses to learn how to not die. If anything everyone else is too laid back about it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Also it is a crime against nature for those cat fish to not be called catfish.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Actually, tsunderes are good.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I hated the cat parts. But the rest was great!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

a kitten posted:

Someone theorized it earlier, but I'm also now on board with the idea that Purple Idol is an AI/android. Punching out of the ground, ~mysterious living arrangements ~. Maybe Vers syndrome is nanomachine based and that's why she can fix it.

Also, Green and Red are totally a couple.
All of them can reverse it with the power of music using the fold whatever thing. That's the show's gimmick.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The windemerians are behind the plague, or at least are trying to prevent walkure from treating it. The cure is to affect people emotionally via fold stuff and singing. Since all of the windemerians have fold tentacles, the cause is probably similar to the cure.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Please don't easily disprove my halfassed baseless speculation with "facts" and "things are are actually in the show". :colbert:

i still think there's a possibility she's a robot

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or is the interplay between Freyja and Hayate really refreshing? They aren't all shy and all that garbage, they sass each other, it seems like a natural down-to-earth tone between them.

I too hope Mirage doesn't turn dere on us but it's Macross, it's gonna happen, and all I can say is I hope that Freyja wins.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I dunno man, I like that sass. I'm torn.

Also, I really like the music in this series. I mean, even when Freyja was just singing with no music. It's pretty great.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Oh, the sass is good, I like the sass. We need more friendly prodding between likely couples.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
What amazes me is Freyja's VA being a total rookie. Her first ever role. Not even first lead role, first role EVER.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
... wow.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I like Freyja's country accent.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Popehoist posted:

What amazes me is Freyja's VA being a total rookie. Her first ever role. Not even first lead role, first role EVER.

The anti-Zuka.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Macross always has good couples/trios who interact in great ways. It's one of the main reasons I still love the series.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

MJP posted:

Is it just me or is the interplay between Freyja and Hayate really refreshing? They aren't all shy and all that garbage, they sass each other, it seems like a natural down-to-earth tone between them.

I like it, but I think Sheryl and Alto had a lot of the same tone personally, becuase Sherly constantly teased Alto about their attraction and how he didn't deserve her and poo poo. It's a good chunk of the reason I liked them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Ranka in Frontier was also that VA's first ever role and I liked her performance a lot.

• Locked thread