Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Cocksmith posted:

you know, replaying ff9, Zidane feels a little less "dashing rogue" and a little more "sexual predator".

That's the way he always felt to me. Don't know why anyone liked him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Super Ninja Fish posted:

That's the way he always felt to me. Don't know why anyone liked him.

Because he's not Cloud or Squall, more or less.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
He's overcompensating a lot because he's a stupid teenager. It doesn't forgive his lovely behavior, but at least he does mature from it later on.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I don't think grabbing one girl's butt makes one a sexual predator. It makes them a dumb, horny teenage boy. Other than that, Zidane is pretty clearly a huge flirt and nothing else. From what I remember, sexual predator describes Setzer more and even then that's off. He's clearly supposed to be some Casanova who women want to be with, just like Zidane.

Also Zidane was liked because he smiled a lot more and was friendlier than Cloud or Squall. That was considered amazing because two games in a row made everyone forget the previous six.

Then they kind of went overboard with Tidus. He was too loud and obnoxious.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

morallyobjected posted:

I'll be honest I never use Quina either, beyond Gizmaluke's Grotto to Cleyra and then Fossil Roo, and I find the eat mechanic grating, so I don't generally pick up any skills for him/her except by chance

I mentioned it as an aside before, but if you toggle the abilities cheat with Quina in the party s/he gets all the blue magic. So if you don't mind a little cheating (and you can toggle it back off to not master abilities from future equipment), that's an option.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

I don't think grabbing one girl's butt makes one a sexual predator. It makes them a dumb, horny teenage boy

He also makes creepy comments about women who are knocked out and poo poo. He's a complete creepo (and 'dumb horny teenage boy' doesn't nullify 'being a creepo.') He gets better as the game goes on but he starts off as a pretty gross dude.

Also honestly "forget the previous six" doesn't work when 6 and 4 had angsty protagonists too, 3 and 1 had no-name characters and 2 barely had a personality. Butz is the exception honestly prior to Zidane.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Name one angsty protagonist in FF4. Edge doesn't count because he's Edge.

EDIT: AH gently caress I FORGOT KAIN AND EDWARD.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

He also makes creepy comments about women who are knocked out and poo poo. He's a complete creepo (and 'dumb horny teenage boy' doesn't nullify 'being a creepo.') He gets better as the game goes on but he starts off as a pretty gross dude.

Wait, what? I just replayed IX and don't remember him being around any knocked out girls except maybe Garnet but even then he's repulsed when Steiner accuses him of possibly doing something to her.

quote:

Also honestly "forget the previous six" doesn't work when 6 and 4 had angsty protagonists too, 3 and 1 had no-name characters and 2 barely had a personality. Butz is the exception honestly prior to Zidane.

I thought about Cecil but really, he becomes a Paladin pretty fast and after that isn't really angsty. He barely has a personality at all, to be frank. Just kind of generic hero nice guy.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
edge's parents were turned into monsters that he was forced to kill, i feel like you can forgive him being a little angst ridden

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

edge's parents were turned into monsters that he was forced to kill, i feel like you can forgive him being a little angst ridden

But the hot daddy healed him before fighting. Also its arguable that it was an offering of power that revealed their true self

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

zolthorg posted:

But the hot daddy healed him before fighting. Also its arguable that it was an offering of power that revealed their true self

its been years since i played so maybe i'm remembering wrong but i thought dr frankenstien turned them into monsters who attack the party, they fight a bit, they regain sentience, say parental stuff to edge, and then die

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

its been years since i played so maybe i'm remembering wrong but i thought dr frankenstien turned them into monsters who attack the party, they fight a bit, they regain sentience, say parental stuff to edge, and then die

no its been years since i played also oops

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

ImpAtom posted:

He also makes creepy comments about women who are knocked out and poo poo.

Yeah I don't think that happened. Clearly you meant to say Galuf and Bartz are horrible sex predators and should be castrated and jailed for life because they ogled Faris while she slept. Let's all take light-hearted games entirely too seriously!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I messed around with the 9999 cheat FF9 and it definitely doesn't give 100% steal but it does seem to improve it. I tried it on Black Waltz 3 and got "Couldn't Steal" about 5 times with it on before I gave up on the silver gauntlets.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

:yikes:

Any word about Justice Monsters Five? At all? What about Brotherhood Ep 2?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jibo posted:

I messed around with the 9999 cheat FF9 and it definitely doesn't give 100% steal but it does seem to improve it. I tried it on Black Waltz 3 and got "Couldn't Steal" about 5 times with it on before I gave up on the silver gauntlets.

"Couldn't steal" is a separate failure message from "Wasn't able to steal anything." The former is an accuracy check that involves character level and spirit. Equipping Bandit makes the game automatically succeed this roll, but ofc Marcus can't equip it. The latter is, the hit check passed but the rng check failed.

Gamesfreak13563
Jan 28, 2010

Get ready for a SHAQ DOWN!
Zidane's not really a creep, he's just a teenager who's full of himself.
Though that "age-old ritual between male friends" with him and Vivi was a little uh

Gologle posted:

Name one angsty protagonist in FF4. Edge doesn't count because he's Edge.

EDIT: AH gently caress I FORGOT KAIN AND EDWARD.
Don't forget Tellah.
Golbez was also quite angsty

Gamesfreak13563 fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 19, 2016

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Gamesfreak13563 posted:

Though that "age-old ritual between male friends" with him and Vivi was a little uh

It's a japanese thing.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Gamesfreak13563 posted:

Zidane's not really a creep, he's just a teenager who's full of himself.

Don't forget Tellah.
Golbez was also quite angsty

No see, Tellah was angry. That's entirely different.

There are certain acceptable ways to channel your distress. Anger is one of them. Being moody and self-doubting is not.

Gamesfreak13563
Jan 28, 2010

Onmi posted:

It's a japanese thing.

Is it really?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Yes, actually, it's considered a ritual of male bonding.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Is there any way to tell when you've found all the chocographs possible for the moment and should maybe consider moving on?

E: VVV Yeah, guess what happened the moment I posted? :downs:

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

AlphaKretin posted:

Is there any way to tell when you've found all the chocographs possible for the moment and should maybe consider moving on?

The moogle will tell you if you can't find any more at that location.

Gamesfreak13563
Jan 28, 2010

Onmi posted:

well I guess my google search of "japan peeing together male bonding is this real" was entirely unnecessary then

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I think this just proves the 90s are dead and anyone who saus otherwise is lying

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Peeing together is a worldwide tradition

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

AlphaKretin posted:

:yikes:

Any word about Justice Monsters Five? At all? What about Brotherhood Ep 2?

Don't mind us, we'll just be refreshing the app store again..

I heard it'll be out April 30th, no idea on Brotherhood though.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
is vivi male

how do u know this

is quina male

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

General Morden posted:

is vivi male

how do u know this

is quina male

Quina is a s/he. Vivi's male because he pees standing up.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://www.finalfantasyxv.com/chocobo/

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

General Morden posted:

is vivi male

how do u know this

is quina male

I read the Steam version of FFIX had character profiles and stuff that say Quina is 70 or 90 years old. That's all I got.

Also Amarant is human. He didn't look very human to me but oh well.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Apr 19, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Terper posted:

I don't buy into the "might as well watch an LP" argument. Never have. The speed at which I click through text, the way I absorb the environment and dialogue, the way I progress through the game is all uniquely mine.

That's a funny way of saying "I'd rather play the game with cheats then watch a dude narrate all on screen text in different voices with his mug in the bottom left of the screen."

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I mean I also think watching silent playthroughs is a different experience from playing it yourself even if you're cheating or whatever

Gamesfreak13563
Jan 28, 2010

Holy poo poo you can actually see Freya's eyes
I thought she didn't have eyes

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Gamesfreak13563 posted:

Holy poo poo you can actually see Freya's eyes
I thought she didn't have eyes

Didn't notice it myself either until my last playthrough, same with her menu portrait's eyes.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

NikkolasKing posted:

I read the Steam version of FFIX had character profiles and stuff that say Quina is 70 or 90 years old. That's all I got.

Also Amarant is human. He didn't look very human to me but oh well.

Considering most "humans" in FFIX look like horrible gray-skinned zombie people, I'd believe it.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Is Queen Brahne a human?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Enallyniv posted:

Is Queen Brahne a human?
Part slug.

How do the fish people live on land?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Golden Goat posted:

How do the fish people live on land?

Only on rainy days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Onmi posted:

I can't wait to do this in FFXV then.