Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Ah nuts, I missed the Kirk armor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Speaking of Reddit though I have been successfully trolled before. Right after Bloodborne came out someone posted an extremely detailed and convincing method of keeping Gascgione's daughter alive and leading her to the friendly chapel area and talked about how all the NPCs there started worshipping her and poo poo and I jumped through a bunch of the supposedly necessary hoops to make it happen and of course it never did lol. But there is still a very small part of me that believes to this day.....

goferchan fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 19, 2016

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

beat abyss watchers on the second try but that was a hell of a fight. i'm in love with this game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Homework Explainer posted:

beat abyss watchers on the second try but that was a hell of a fight. i'm in love with this game

The way that the background music switches up once a boss fight hits its second phase is so smoothly implemented and so cool and so far for me the Abyss Watcgers have been the best example. Im really excited to listen to the soundtrack but I'm holding off til I beat the game because I wanna experience all the tracks first in the context of their respective bossfights

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

goferchan posted:

I'm on PS4 and very down to try to see if this works. You're talking a combination of red soapstone sign/password matching right? I'm mattnotgeorge on PS4 if you want to shoot me an add and coordinate this. Based on your posting you are way ahead of me in the game but apparently when you password co-op your level gets scaled to match the host's and Im also curious to see if the same happens with password'd red sign PVP as well (if that's even a thing?) -- so yeah add me up and let's figure this poo poo out

Ok maybe tomorrow tho I don't know when you're going to bed or whatever but I'm in Korea and its 3pm which is my workout time. I'll add you when I get back for sure

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
You get the Slav squat by not forgiving patches when he locks you in the tower

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

a Loving Dog posted:

You get the Slav squat by not forgiving patches when he locks you in the tower

i got it by talking to him while he was squatting

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Yeah, you get prostration for refusing to forgive him.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think he has a small chance of doing it when you go away from firelink and come back and you earn it then

alright.... what were your fave bosses? crystal sages are def up there for me cause of that twist, but the final boss is just beautiful

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that feel when final boss spoilers music change and holy gently caress

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

that feel when final boss spoilers music change and holy gently caress

the dark souls of feel games..

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Press A: Link The Feels

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

the dark souls of feel games..

I'm stunned. This is awesome

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mmmmrrrgHHH I DID IT

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

frank.club posted:

mmmmrrrgHHH I DID IT

powerful

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I started NG+ and yeah its kind of disappointing how except for the occasional item it seems to just be enemy damage x 20, enemy health x5 because I still oneshot everything with my +5 Dancer swords

By the way if you like twinblades, keep those babies equipped in PVP. If you see someone wearing lovely, low-poise armor you can stunlock them for like 30 seconds and kill them if their armor has bad slash resist. This is a great way to destroy lovely sub 30% roll attack Uchigatana spammers.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I got the slavsquat, and although I missed out on Kirk's armor, I did get the Abyss Watcher gear, which looks really badass

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Pontiff down! What an epic fight...

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the tier list... must be rewritten

Soral
May 30, 2009

i very much appreciate that the placed hard soul items are upgraded to more powerful hard souls in ng+. i dont remember that being the case in other souls games

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

I got the slavsquat, and although I missed out on Kirk's armor, I did get the Abyss Watcher gear, which looks really badass

The only chestpiece that is cooler IMO is the Black Hand chestpiece, which I wear with Leonhard's swaggy tricorne to complete my bloodborne cosplay.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Larry Parrish posted:

The only chestpiece that is cooler IMO is the Black Hand chestpiece, which I wear with Leonhard's swaggy tricorne to complete my bloodborne cosplay.

I think he disappeared in my game...:smith:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
What's the difference between red soul signs and gold/red soul signs?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Gold/red ones are sunbros gone sour.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
What the hell is up with Rosaria, man. What's the deal with that

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Tower of Latria V2. Cool

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'm getting an extreme case of the willies from this place. What the gently caress was that thing squawking in the cell with the big head!!

e. Sorry! I tried to be as generic as possible with people still knowing what I'm talking about.

NickRoweFillea fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Apr 19, 2016

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

spoilers!!!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

I'm getting an extreme case of the willies from this place. What the gently caress was that thing squawking in the cell with the big head!!

e. Sorry! I tried to be as generic as possible with people still knowing what I'm talking about.

some kind of mutated/deformed baby dragon

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
When you get invaded by a washing pole user

Larry Parrish posted:

some kind of mutated/deformed baby dragon

It's too scary for me right now!

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Just beat it, insanely epic game. I think I still like Bloodborne a bit better though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I beat the game and don't know what to do now lol. NG+ isn't very exciting for me although the PVP is fun. I guess I could do an everything caster run but thats a lot of running past stuff to grab tomes... The places with the tomes were annoying as gently caress with a super tanky STR/DEX build, and I'm sure its worse with an extremely squishy caster.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I assumed NG+ would be remixed or different in some way, or at least harder than it is.... Its on the boring side, I have to admit. Thinking about starting up a caster myself.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I beat it as well and fought all the bosses without summoning so I started a new char to jump in to all the covenants that I missed...but whenever I enter a multiplayer session everyone just slides around without any animation and i dunno if i can even play like this

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Apparently that's a lag related issue. Try turning off global matchmaking if you're using it.

Like every tenth or so summon/invasion is glidedtown for me and it suckkkks

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

irithyll is kicking my rear end so far gently caress these motherfucking pontiff knights

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HORMELCHILI posted:

irithyll is kicking my rear end so far gently caress these motherfucking pontiff knights

FWIW they have even less poise than Lothric knights.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the enemy AI in this game is on point. the knights and slower enemies actually have guard breaks and stuff and back/sideways attacks so you cant easily back stab them. its so much better than the ridiculous tracking from ds2. it can't be said enough: this game is the pinnacle of human achievement

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

HORMELCHILI posted:

I know this feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

on the downside, the dogs in this game are definitely the worst to fight in any souls game

• Locked thread