Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Not that women have ever been falling over themselves to vote for Chris loving Bowen anyway though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The ! party seems bold but I bet it's got a horrible secret behind it

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
!

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Uhh...

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Ah I just saw it

:dong::bahgawd:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Lmao this election is beautiful

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
VoteFlux.org! bringing the magic of blockchain to ~democracy~

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

V for Vegas posted:

That's worse than the No Anti-Paedophile Party

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why

These Calvin stickers are getting weird.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
LNP crackin' the whip.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

tithin posted:

I'm a mix between the free weed party and the renewable energy party

That's the Greens.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

V for Vegas posted:

thanks to senate voting changes the screenpissers will never get my vote

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Cartoon posted:

In all the smoke and mirrors of the latest Tory stunt it may have been missed that the Senate voted to abolish the Road Safety Remuneration Tribunal and expunge the order on minimum wages:

Btw the whole of the loving cross bench EXCEPT Ricky Muir voted to do this.

So people who want to see workers get paid poo poo and people die on our roads are:

David Leyonhjelm - Arsehole.
Jackie Lambie - Fuckwit.
David Lazarus - Big Boofie Chucklefuck.
Bob Day - Jesus freak and all round nut job.
John Madigan - Oh gently caress it I'll split from the DLP. Divisionist scum.
Nick Xenophon - Toss a coin? Who the gently caress knows with this guy.
Zenya Wang - gently caress Unions! The boss said so!

Oh and the whole of the LNP, but that should shock nobody.

http://www.afr.com/news/senate-votes-to-scrap-road-safety-tribunal-20160418-go9g46
Bold the whole thing (etc.)

Now this is from a terrible source but this encapsulates the whole of our current political discourse. Rational policy that the electorate backs is trashed by a political elite funded by big business. Who here is really the winner? Ideologically the far right NeoCons who funded the plucky truckie rally, certainly, but more over the big two retail players Coles and Woolworths who would do just about anything to shave a few cents of their transport bill. Including not paying them when it suits them. The other major players who are standing just behind the scenes are the banks who use high leverage financial instruments to lend money to aspiring truckers. Now last I checked neither Westfarmers, ANZ, Woolworths et all were actually short for a quid and if you are involved in paying freight there is clearly some cash sloshing around.

So in short the forces of darkness usurped the political process and smashed the workers face flat (Often literally) for what? The mighty dollar and the free hand of the free market.

Why does this reflect our whole political situation? Well never before have the forces of the far right been so clearly exposed. By playing brinkman ship with the more centrist force of Turdball rather than scare him straight they have shown themselves out. It was the constant posturing and leaking by the NeoCons that eroded Turball's honeymoon and this election is his to lose. And once again the chosen ground for the fight is Union bashing. This is crazy poo poo. Not only is this the one area that the LNP are most vulnerable to massive attacks based on their own past actions and current rhetoric but in all seriousness if the right wanted to win over the unions all they needed to do was wait quietly while Australians FYGM their way into there being no union movement worthy of the name.

It is refreshing to have all your suspicions confirmed. Newscorpse is in fact the mouth piece of the lunatic far right and the IPA, BCA, MCA etc are all shameless shills for their corprate masters. This isn't political discourse its a never ending poo poo spraying machine that ignores everything.

I mean who gives a gently caress about road saftey? What's a few human sacrifices when it comes to supporting laissez-faire capitalism?

Even better is the race to destruction that this stupid DD shenanigans has forced upon the entire edifice.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-19/submarine-announcement-delay-politically-suicidal:-weatherill/7336924
:laugh:

Every single one of these dodgy cretins that gets the arse come election day will make me do a little dance of joy. I won't let the harsh reality that the replacements are probably worse dampen my good mood for possibly minutes.

Cartoon, you are like the Cefte of the monthly Auspol threads - the best poster. Keep up the good work my locationally-challenged friend.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I thought I, anidav, was the best poster.

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
Anidav posts are what got me interested in this thread.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Please, people. We're in Australia, the best poster is federally required to be an aged and faded poster of a scantily-clad girl advertising Chiko Rolls.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

LibertyCat posted:

Anidav posts are what got me interested in this thread.

Wait which ones

LibertyCat
Mar 5, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
the uMart-employment saga

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Cabinet Secretary Arthur Sinodinos will be required to appear before a new federal parliamentary inquiry into political donations.

The inquiry into donations and associated entities will be established following a successful Labor motion in the Senate, passed by the Upper House this evening.

The motion — put forward by Opposition Leader in the Senate Penny Wong — also called for an examination of whether the powers given to the Australian Electoral Commission were sufficient.

It follows a report issued by the NSW Electoral Commission last month, in which it announced it was withholding more than $4 million in public funding from the NSW division of the Liberal Party, unless it disclosed the identity of donors pushing funds through the party's fundraising body.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

remember that time Bill Shorten was questioned by the TURC

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Negligent posted:

remember that time Bill Shorten was questioned by the TURC

No have you got a black and white picture of him there with red rubber stamp over his face?

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

tithin posted:

I'm a mix between the free weed party and the renewable energy party

the renewable weed party? the energy weed party?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
The Green Mean party?

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I'm intrigued by the 3d Tetris block party. Will vote for if one of their policies is all bricks made in Australia from now on need to be in the shape and colour of Tetris blocks.

After a few years aussie brickies would probably become some of the best Tetris players in the world! Also their would be a lot more interesting brick houses and fences around the joint

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

dr_rat posted:

I'm intrigued by the 3d Tetris block party. Will vote for if one of their policies is all bricks made in Australia from now on need to be in the shape and colour of Tetris blocks.

After a few years aussie brickies would probably become some of the best Tetris players in the world! Also their would be a lot more interesting brick houses and fences around the joint

Australian housing comes to a sudden halt as every completed layer of bricks disappears into the ether.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Libs are a shoe-in.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

The Green Mean party?

Mean Green Weed Machine

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
Don't forget the party with the cross and OC underneath it.

quote:

Australian Christians believes that mankind is create in the image of God and therefore deserve to be treated in all circumstances with dignity and respect. This is the foundation on which our
pro life policies have been developed.

As a compassionate caring nation, Australia needs to find a better way to deal with un-planned pregnancies; a way that produces a positive outcome for the mother, father and the baby.

No taxpayer’s money should ever be spent on anything that does not produce this positive outcome.

Australian Christians affirm that all life is valuable. Extra effort is required by the community and our health professionals to defend the vulnerable and those without a voice. We believe strong laws are required to protect these Australians including babies still in the womb.

We support better funding and support for women with unplanned, and unwanted pregnancies, including those with medical and psychosocial co-morbidities, and we support abstinence programs that have been shown to work in reducing indiscriminate sexual behaviour.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

I plead...

(checks notes)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Vladimir Poutine posted:

and we support abstinence programs that have been shown to work in reducing indiscriminate sexual behaviour. [Citation needed]

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

You have no idea how close I was to posting that.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
indiscriminate sexual behaviour

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

"The Full Wifi"

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

You can have this one for $20 libs.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hey, is it legal to use hearing footage in political ads?

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Anidav posted:

Hey, is it legal to use hearing footage in political ads?

If it isn't they'll just make up some images and give them to a few key people on social media to spread.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

You can have this one for $20 libs.

nah his face isn't large and sweaty enough in this pic

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
His forehead needs to be bigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."