Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Symphogear
This poll is closed.
Chris 41 39.42%
Hibiki 26 25.00%
Tsubasa 5 4.81%
Shirabe 5 4.81%
Kirika 3 2.88%
Maria 9 8.65%
Genjuro 15 14.42%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Srice posted:

It's basically like reading the Jojo thread because one of the hosts says the only anime he likes is Jojo, One Punch Man, and Ghibli films

I wish he didn't say Ghibli tbh, those are good movies and probably deserve better than that kind of nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Knorth posted:

I wish he didn't say Ghibli tbh, those are good movies and probably deserve better than that kind of nerd

I'm gonna go with a positive spin and say at least it's one thing that's liked by that sort of crowd where problems aren't solved by punching someone really hard.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Srice posted:

It's basically like reading the Jojo thread because one of the hosts says the only anime he likes is Jojo, One Punch Man, and Ghibli films

Was he educated that Ghibli is the gateway drug?

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

When he says Ghibli is he including all the good movies like Only Yesterday and Whisper of the Heart, or only Miyazaki (and maybe a shout out to Grave of the Fireflies)?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

A Doomed Purloiner posted:

When he says Ghibli is he including all the good movies like Only Yesterday and Whisper of the Heart, or only Miyazaki (and maybe a shout out to Grave of the Fireflies)?

He didn't dwell on it and just said "Ghibli films"

The actual Jojo discussion hasn't been terrible, surprisingly. If I were a big Jojo fan and if they covered more than one ep at a time I wouldn't mind keeping up with it.

There are so many anime podcasts that do episode reviews by summarizing them and saying that it was cool when ____ happened, without even trying to go beyond that, so I can't hate on anything that avoids that particular pitfall.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

If I had to choose between reading the Jojo threads or listening to that podcast I've no doubt I'd choose the latter

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Srice posted:

lol

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Srice posted:

I'm gonna go with a positive spin and say at least it's one thing that's liked by that sort of crowd where problems aren't solved by punching someone really hard.

That true, I suppose :)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I didn't know Srice hated me so much

:(

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

concerned about my possible over usage of the phrase "lol" I checked how many times I'd used that phrase in this thread

results: lol, 81 posts

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Baal posted:

I didn't know Srice hated me so much

:(

I like all my normie pals

Even Stair

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i only like jojo and one punch man

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't even know what's considered normie level since my favorite series was fuckin obscure until 4 years ago, but I guess that's just kinda whatever

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
This is a very small cat.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Baal posted:

I don't even know what's considered normie level since my favorite series was fuckin obscure until 4 years ago, but I guess that's just kinda whatever

turn your monitor off

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Will do

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I still don't know what that means

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

This is a very small cat.

A cute cat and a cute Nico :3:

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Baal posted:

I still don't know what that means

its ok.

Rotoru
Sep 3, 2011

Erg posted:

concerned about my possible over usage of the phrase "lol" I checked how many times I'd used that phrase in this thread

results: lol, 81 posts

lol

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i tried to play some matches of SFV last night my game just froze on a black screen twice. then the third time i relaunched it i got in another match, but when we went to the final round it just froze on the screen where it said final round. i couldnt do anything, but i heard the other guy doing stuff and then i lost. SFV is a good game. after that i played killler instinct you get matches faster and the game has like 0 lag its silly compared to SFV

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Baal posted:

If that legit annoyed you then my bad, wasn't my intention.

I know there are good posters in the Jojo threads (hell, just like in every huge thread with heavy traffic) but most of the times I poke my head into it I just see stuff that tends to turn me away.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yeah

Srice posted:

If that legit annoyed you then my bad, wasn't my intention.

I know there are good posters in the Jojo threads (hell, just like in every huge thread with heavy traffic) but most of the times I poke my head into it I just see stuff that tends to turn me away.

Huh? Nah, it's fine it's just kind of weird to see sometimes is all. Call me whatever you want I roll with the punches, I just get confused sometimes with what the punches are.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ah aight

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did they patch the rest of the game in to SFV yet?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ugh corner of eyes still hurt, guess it's gonna last till tomorrow. Gonna put off watching Symphogear G till my eyes hurt less.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Can't believe Can't Elope got Lum'd too.

I thought he'd be safe...

:negative:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiWVqT2sNTw

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

God drat, Amazon free postage is loving garbo now

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

I have prime

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Can't believe Can't Elope got Lum'd too.

I thought he'd be safe...

:negative:

Nice cover.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
KonoSuba episode 8 was really good.

I liked the little joke of Aqua mentioning that the child ghost who inhabited the mansion liked alcohol and then later Aqua's liquor actually does vanish because of the spirits.

It's the sort of thing you're apt to ignore like Kazuma and the rest of the group but it's really funny when what she says turns out to be true.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Last time I used it some of my items took almost 2 weeks to arrive

At that point I decided prime was worth it to avoid that hassle

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Giving A Dangerous Purpoise, A Doomed Person, and Darker Purrlioner the same Lums was brilliant. God bless the Lum giver.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Baal posted:

I have prime

I probably would as well if we got the 20% off preorders thing here as well but we don't.

Free postage used to be good but now they deliberately delay posting stuff so it takes at least five or six days.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Srice posted:

Last time I used it some of my items took almost 2 weeks to arrive

At that point I decided prime was worth it to avoid that hassle

That's what they want me to do so I'll just buy things elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Did they patch the rest of the game in to SFV yet?

The only thing still missing are the ~cinematic story mode~ and real-money shop, the rest is in, although it basically doesn't have a tutorial, which sucks.

• Locked thread