Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

RanKizama posted:

I just won a free copy of the Koei-Tecmo lesbian anime JRPG on Twitter. Today is a good day. Time to finish my EV platinum trophy so I can focus.

grats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

RanKizama posted:

Only the fighting and volleyball games I think.

Other people also bought other tiddy games.

GUST are the lesbian anime producer. There always seems to be at least one couple per game.

Rorona's master x little anime girls
Rorona x Cory
That lesbian drunkard in Rorona
Totori x Mimi
Meruru x ???
Linca x Marion
G. Shallie x Wilbell
Shallie x Shallie

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nights of Azure is weird game, everything about it smacks of 'okay, we've got a month to slap something together just do whatever' and the story comes out as this surreal, disjointed, super anime Nier-esque thing and I don't think it was supposed to.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Dehry posted:

GUST are the lesbian anime producer. There always seems to be at least one couple per game.

Rorona's master x little anime girls
Rorona x Cory
That lesbian drunkard in Rorona
Totori x Mimi
Meruru x ???
Linca x Marion
G. Shallie x Wilbell
Shallie x Shallie

meruru x me

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I played Nights of Azure for like an hour, got bored and then repackaged my LE. I still owe $50 on it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Gundam Extreme VS Force trip report:

Take this with a grain of salt as I'm both impatient and have crap coordination but I've decided I don't like it.

I find the controls confusing and unintuitive as well as sluggish and unresponsive. I find it very difficult to determine where I'm being shot from to try and defend accurately, and in the second mission if you don't finish it fast enough you immediately get instakilled by an enemy airship thing. Also there is no way to modify the difficulty setting. The story is basically irrelevant so it has to stand up on its gameplay alone. So I'm probably going to put it down.

Edit: Beat the second mission. We'll see how long it is before I get frustrated again.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 16, 2016

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Nights of Azure is weird game, everything about it smacks of 'okay, we've got a month to slap something together just do whatever' and the story comes out as this surreal, disjointed, super anime Nier-esque thing and I don't think it was supposed to.

Ironically its development was delayed a month or two past the initial release date.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

Shiren Wii has lots of small dungeons and a world map so it is a lot easier than the original

Oh neat. Gonna check it out sometime.

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

Mithaldu posted:

Reminded of that, maybe it's related to the battery drain bug that affected some people a while back? What was the fix for that?

Leave her plugged in?
Actually, I let her sleep on her own, never using her button to make her sleep. That solved the older bug problem for me.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ayukawa posted:

Leave her plugged in?
Actually, I let her sleep on her own, never using her button to make her sleep. That solved the older bug problem for me.

my vita is a man, baby

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Dehry posted:

Ar Tonelico 1 is pretty much the only exception I can think of. Unless you ship Mir/Shurelia, I guess.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Which you should.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

That's most of their games innit

no, most of their games are -warriors titles, which is about beating off a bunch of gay musclemen animes

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

Ruggington posted:

my vita is a man, baby

Yuno sometimes finds her way into my bedroom.
No man ever goes there.
My Yuno is a She.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Sakurazuka posted:

It has pretty easily the worst localization I've seen. The words they use certainly make correct sentences but it utterly fails to convey meaning. Currently having a lovers(?) quarrel and it took me awhile to figure out why and then came the dawning realization that it was an insanely stupid reason to be fighting.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Shiren Wii has lots of small dungeons and a world map so it is a lot easier than the original

Shiren Wii also lets you keep all of your gear if you die. Not exactly a game I would recommend because it goes against the roguelike nature of the series.

darth cookie posted:

Gundam Extreme VS Force trip report:

Take this with a grain of salt as I'm both impatient and have crap coordination but I've decided I don't like it.

I find the controls confusing and unintuitive as well as sluggish and unresponsive. I find it very difficult to determine where I'm being shot from to try and defend accurately, and in the second mission if you don't finish it fast enough you immediately get instakilled by an enemy airship thing. Also there is no way to modify the difficulty setting. The story is basically irrelevant so it has to stand up on its gameplay alone. So I'm probably going to put it down.

Edit: Beat the second mission. We'll see how long it is before I get frustrated again.

Should've read, try any loving review in existence before buying it tbh. I swear Gundam fans will buy anything. Even if it's a Vita-only offline-only 2 player (max) mission mode-oriented EXVS.

Megalixir fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 16, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Megalixir posted:

Should've read, try any loving review in existence before buying it tbh. I swear Gundam fans will buy anything. Even if it's a Vita-only offline-only 2 player (max) mission mode-oriented EXVS.

Have you got it? The local multiplayer only thing doesn't bother me at all. But are you finding the actual combat consistent with my experiences? I'm trying to find out if it is actually that bad or if I'm just a ham fisted scrub.

Also I find that the actual mechanics and controls aren't explained very well aside from the absolute basics (I still have gently caress all idea how to consistenly defend, block or how to move my battleship from the map screen), and I THINK but I'm not certain that the target switch button doesn't necessarily cycle targets by threat order or distance consistently, but I can't confirm if that's the case or not.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

It has pretty easily the worst localization I've seen. The words they use certainly make correct sentences but it utterly fails to convey meaning. Currently having a lovers(?) quarrel and it took me awhile to figure out why and then came the dawning realization that it was an insanely stupid reason to be fighting.
I don't know what KT do to be so bad. Ever since Ayesha something's gone wrong in almost every release.

RanKizama posted:

Only the fighting and volleyball games I think.

Other people also bought other tiddy games.
You faked this didn't you, where are all the NBA and FIFA recommendations?
That's all I ever get anyway. Did they fix their system?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

HGH posted:

You faked this didn't you, where are all the NBA and FIFA recommendations?
That's all I ever get anyway. Did they fix their system?
I guess? My recommended list is full of anime bullshit as well.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

darth cookie posted:

Have you got it? The local multiplayer only thing doesn't bother me at all. But are you finding the actual combat consistent with my experiences? I'm trying to find out if it is actually that bad or if I'm just a ham fisted scrub.

Also I find that the actual mechanics and controls aren't explained very well aside from the absolute basics (I still have gently caress all idea how to consistenly defend, block or how to move my battleship from the map screen), and I THINK but I'm not certain that the target switch button doesn't necessarily cycle targets by threat order or distance consistently, but I can't confirm if that's the case or not.

Didn't buy it (because if i wanted to play exvs i would just buy exvsfb), but I cannot possibly imagine playing anything like that on an actual Vita and enjoying myself.

I can't even play the demos of Uppers on a Vita, mashing hurts too much. I have to use the Vita TV with a Dualshock 4, then QTEs and dodging becomes tolerable. Maybe the 2000's buttons are better, but I find myself having literal dents into my thumbs with my Vita 1000's buttons after playing for extended periods.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Megalixir posted:

I find myself having literal dents into my thumbs with my Vita 1000's buttons after playing for extended periods.

Uhh... how hard are you pressing the buttons? I play a lot of button-mashy games on the 1000 (Dynasty Warriors, Senran Kagura) and I've never had that problem.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I got my Vita today. What a nice system, mindblowing how this thing wasn't supported more because it's quite a nice piece of hardware. Easy to roll around and do swordfights in Muramasa even with the little thumbstick occasionally cramping me a bit but it's not too much different from the thumbnub on 3DS.

Going to download Tactics Ogre, Metal Slug XX, Darkstalkers Chaos Tower, and maybe Risk of Rain too. I have FF Tactics on my PS3 rotting away and I've never touched it (was in storage for a long time) so should I just play that on my Vita, or buy War of the Lions for 10 bucks? I'm thinking there has to be reasons why the updated version is better; I don't mind getting that one instead if the upgrade is substantial.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The PSP upgrade in FFT is substantial. On the other hand, that version has major slowdown during combat that will drive you nuts.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

There are endless fixes for it but I don't think any of them work on the Vita. The solution is to just not play it on the vita.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

There are endless fixes for it but I don't think any of them work on the Vita. The solution is to just not play it on the vita.

I guess it will be a while before I get to it anyway, probably will go for Ogre Tactics first---I always liked the other Tactics Ogre game's 8-man army, and it sounds like the big party you can make in LUCT will be more fun than the 5-man force in FFT for now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saoshyant posted:

The PSP upgrade in FFT is substantial. On the other hand, that version has major slowdown during combat that will drive you nuts.

It also has the original Japanese job point requirement for skills which was higher then the US PS1 version.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Another train ride. Risk of Rain is still pretty good, especially once i found out they added full-auto for all the ability buttons so you can just hold all of them when stuff gets hectic.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tried the Soul Sacrifice demo today and liked it so much I got the Delta game. Never liked Monster Hunter type stuff but this one is pretty fun with its bitesized gameplay and magic systems.

Thinking of getting Person 4 Golden next. I've never played a single Persona or SMT game and could go for a ridiculous jrpg full of exciting battling and stupid teammate babbling.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

MinibarMatchman posted:

Thinking of getting Person 4 Golden next. I've never played a single Persona or SMT game and could go for a ridiculous jrpg full of exciting battling and stupid teammate babbling.

Go for it. Most persona games don't need to be played in order but share demons and the turn-based combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMuEPaqxqMg

Now coming soon in Oct 2016 so I have more time to save up.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Alder posted:

Go for it. Most persona games don't need to be played in order but share demons and the turn-based combat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMuEPaqxqMg

Now coming soon in Oct 2016 so I have more time to save up.

Actually, that's June 10th, 2016 EU, June 7th, 2016 NA

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

:D I'M MAD NOW :D

Looks fun but I can't get over the book's design. I'll pass for now.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Renoistic posted:

:D I'M MAD NOW :D

Looks fun but I can't get over the book's design. I'll pass for now.

Your power level..is low.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
can anyone talk about this gta vita collection they just posted, is that the psp games with trophies or is it just the psp versions in a bundle with a dumb name

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
The closed beta for upcoming NIS game Grand Kingdom will be May 3-9 (same as Overwatch).
You can sign up to get a beta key here.

It's going to be cross-platform PS4 and Vita, but the beta is PS4-only.
Beta saves will transfer to the full version PS4 game, but saves are not cross-platform, so no porting your beta save to a Vita.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Does that game even have an online component?

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Sakurazuka posted:

Does that game even have an online component?

FAQ posted:

What’s this “online war” you keep mentioning?
It’s a pretty big component of the game in which you choose a nation to support, then take all the steps necessary to lead them to greatness!
Everything from voting on battle strategies and developing defenses and weaponry to jumping into the nitty-gritty of laying waste to an enemy squad. There’s really too much to it to describe it all here, but we’ll have more info on our official website at the start of the beta.

So I guess so.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/axiom-verge/cid=UP2149-PCSE00651_00-AXIOMVERGE000000

lol

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Twenty bucks?! Well uh I didn't buy the PS4 version so I can't give it a whirl to see how the Vita version held up, anyone wanna try that?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Policenaut posted:

Twenty bucks?! Well uh I didn't buy the PS4 version so I can't give it a whirl to see how the Vita version held up, anyone wanna try that?

I have the PS4 version, so I grabbed this. I'll try it out when I get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
If you like the old SNES Metroid style games then you'll like Axiom Verge. It's good.