Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Goon Squadron
Red Goon Standing By

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Years ago I had a dentist named Dr. Sarlack, but he did not get the humor I found in his name.

So, Sarlacc Dental Services is my contribution.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Spock's Cylon Browncoats

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Honest Sal's Discount Whale Store

Syrinxx posted:

Spock's Cylon Browncoats

I like this one a lot, but it should be Doctor Spock's Cylon Browncoat School for Wizardry and Witchcraft.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Goon One: A Whale Story

Whale-Wing Goon Squadron

Edit:

Chilichimp posted:

"Ima Goon Di"

CaptainAssholay fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 19, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
"The Circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now it's me... I'm the rear end in a top hat"

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

CaptainAssholay posted:

Goon One: A Whale Story

This has my vote. I will not change it. This is the best.

Also: Stormtrooper Han seems like a really good tank with his turn meter stuff. Just wish he didn't have such a variable main attack.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

iGestalt posted:

This has my vote. I will not change it. This is the best.

Also: Stormtrooper Han seems like a really good tank with his turn meter stuff. Just wish he didn't have such a variable main attack.

He's the least tanky of the taunters, though maybe he improves at gear 9. I've been building him up as a backup if RG gets nerfed.

Guild name: You got Midichlorians in my Jar-Jar.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

He's the least tanky of the taunters, though maybe he improves at gear 9. I've been building him up as a backup if RG gets nerfed.

Guild name: You got Midichlorians in my Jar-Jar.

But he does feed turn meter to everybody when he takes damage, which is pretty great.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

iGestalt posted:

But he does feed turn meter to everybody when he takes damage, which is pretty great.

I agree, he has what is probably the strongest ability associated with his taunt. However, at gear 9, my royal guard has twice as much health + protection.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm sure the character limit is going to be something retarded like 10 or something.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Davethulhu posted:

I agree, he has what is probably the strongest ability associated with his taunt. However, at gear 9, my royal guard has twice as much health + protection.

Ah, right. Yeah. I should seriously work on my RG then. But first, Han.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Am I the only one that still likes Poe?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Syrinxx posted:

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes - Maybe they will fix it one day to be more fun

Should I just start a new thread with this? The OP hasn't been active in months.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Am I the only one that still likes Poe?

Poe is cool and I want to get him eventually, but Gin Jedi has priority.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Primaris posted:

Sorry I'm not as active on SomethingAwful here guys I stay in the Discord chat a lot to discuss this game so I forget about the forum. I've updated the OP with Malgrin's info. If someone would like to take over the OP let me know and I will close it and let you guys decide on a new one you can PM me and I will update as we go along.

Malgrin posted:

Should I just start a new thread with this? The OP hasn't been active in months.

He seems alright with it!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

He seems alright with it!

Ok, I'll get started on it and put a first draft up here sometime this week.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Ok, I'll get started on it and put a first draft up here sometime this week.

Nice.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The new OP must include the graphic of Palpatine hauling a wheel barrow of laptops.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I need to replace my technician with a conehead.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

The new OP must include the graphic of Palpatine hauling a wheel barrow of laptops.

Want to help me find that one?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I'm past laptop and purple dildo issues, current nightmare are mk2 bacta gel and mk5 stun gun :(

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

mk5 stun gun :(

I need 20 more for RG, and then another 50 for Barriss. Shoot me now.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Or Dressed up as a circuit city manager or something that would explain wtf he is doing hoarding all those laptops.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Kylo Ren at G9 is a killer. I only have him at 6* but he's second in power behind only 7*G8 Lumi, and ahead of several 7*G8 toons.

And I'm halfway to Grievous. :getin:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Power level means nothing. Poggle's used to be one of the few 6k at level 70 cap largely because his special damage stat is very high (he has no special damage skills).

Malgrin when rewriting the op try to avoid throwing numbers at people when giving advice to new players. Also correct your anti Greedo bias.

Greedo is Good.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Are your GW opponents still ostensibly tied to your arena team's power rating? Because my arena team has been sitting at 11,699 for quite awhile while I level my main team, yet in GW I'm getting thrown up against teams that have to be 2-2.5 times the power rating of my arena dudes. If I weren't sandbagging in arena I'd probably be hosed.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think a single attempt to cheese GW by doing something special with your arena team has ever been shown to reliably work, so it's probably not worth it to maintain

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Jenny Angel posted:

I don't think a single attempt to cheese GW by doing something special with your arena team has ever been shown to reliably work, so it's probably not worth it to maintain

This is very disappointing news.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Seems to be based on level to an extent. As I go up my opponents go up. Power I don't think plays a role, first node is weak and last node is strong; I think it's just a random range centered on you.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I thought it wasnt by power level but by your highest achieved rank? My noob squads are usually around 45 level teams g6 or less. When i get to the tough gauntlet at the end its level55 to 60g7 teams. This seems to line up with where i sit in arena now vs where i maxed out.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
At level 47 (arena rank 50ish) my GW opponents range from about 38 to 54ish. Starting to see a few purple geared enemies at the top end, but not many. I've noticed the last few times that the third-to-last and second-to-last fights are often harder than the final one, but that's probably just randomness. Have not had any trouble completing GW so far, generally don't even have to sub out any characters. I'm guessing it will get harder as I get higher though.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

kaschei posted:

Malgrin when rewriting the op try to avoid throwing numbers at people when giving advice to new players. Also correct your anti Greedo bias.

Never. Also never.

e: Fine. Maybe. But I'm still going to point out that if you REALLY want to spend money on this game, you should spend it on energy or Barriss.

Also, here's the spreadsheet, which I will be putting in the OP:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 20, 2016

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Vulpes posted:

At level 47 (arena rank 50ish)

How?! My characters are all 51 and I've only broken top 1000 ONCE. And only stayed there a day.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

How?! My characters are all 51 and I've only broken top 1000 ONCE. And only stayed there a day.

I guess I got in at the early end of a new group. I'm not sure how wide the range of start dates is in the groups, I guess it depends how many new players are signing up. The top ranked players in my group are in their high 50s.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
First steps (I want to add more graphics to break up the wall of text...but here's most of the text I'm including). Let me know if there are too many numbers, I made a pass to decrease that.

Title: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes - Maybe they will fix it one day to be more fun

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes Mobile Turn Based Fighting Simulator of Frustration

Play with other goons!
There are currently three guilds: Ima GoonDi, Qui GoonJinn, and Goongan Grand Army. IGD and QGJ are full.
To get in a guild, follow this link to add yourself to the spreadsheet, then add an officer from a guild with open spots to your ally list, and then you will be able to see and apply to that guild.
Being in a Guild allows you to earn more shards and gear through daily activities and raids (discussed more below).

Want to join others talking about GoH live in action?! Join our discord today! https://discord.gg/0ft9yOaeBoaVvMFO (This is NOT Goon only).

Q: What is Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes?
A: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is a mobile game by Electronic Arts. The game was first announced on June 15, 2015 in EA's press conference during the 2015 Electronic Entertainment Expo. The game revolves around collecting different characters in the Star Wars universe, leveling them up through mission based activities, and acquiring items to gear them.
Basically, the game is Pokemon for Star Wars.

Q: Should I ever spend crystals on Chromium packs, other than to buy one single pack for the free character?
A: :siren::siren::siren:DO NOT BUY CHROMIUM PACKS:siren::siren::siren:

Feel free to post ally codes in this thread so that you can add each other and use other peoples heroes and poo poo. It's very handy when you get into the area of the game where you can summon an ally. Also add yourself here, and anyone in this spreadsheet, which we will also be using to organize goon guilds: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211

Quickstart guide -- this is for people looking for a tldr guide:
Level yourself by running missions (light side, dark side, and cantina) and finishing daily quests, which lets you level your heroes. Earn shards to level the stars of your heroes from LS/DS Hard modes, Cantina battles (unlocks at level 28), cantina credits, daily arena rewards (unlocks really early -- 10-15?), and GW rewards (unlocks at 40). See a list of priority heroes below. Spend 100 crystals per day on energy refreshes, 100 per day on cantina energy refreshes to level fast, and 50 (or 150) per day on arena. You start out with a decent buffer of crystals, and you should be able to make top 50 arena within a couple days if you follow the longer form guide (if you've just started, server groups are really soft). Also, if you are on a non-Samsung Android device, download Bluestacks to a computer, and run this game. You will get IG-86, 400 crystals, and some shards for this. While you shouldn't generally purchase Chromium packs (they have a 1/4 chance of getting hero, the other 3 will be shards), your first one is guaranteed to be a hero. This is very worth it, and the game gives you enough free crystals to do this.

Priority Heroes (Roughly in order):
LS/DS Hard mode: Rey, Royal Guard, Count Dooku, Daka, Barriss, Jedi Consular.
Cantina battles: Geonosian Soldier, Count Dooku, Barriss, Royal Guard, Old Ben, Kylo Ren
Cantina credits: QGJ, Daka
Arena credits: Darth Sidious, THEN Stormtrooper Han, Eeth Koth, IG-88
Galactic War credits: Lumi, THEN Phasma, Poggle, IG-86, Resistance Pilot
Easiest Jedi for Yoda event: Lumi (GW), JC (Cantina Battles/Hard), Eeth Koth (Arena), QGJ (Cantina), Barriss (Cantina Battles, Hard)

Game Guide:
Unless you plan to spend a lot of money on this game ($250 or more), don't buy Chromium packs (except for your first, it's a guaranteed hero). If you think you might spend your hard-earned money on this game, the starter bundles you see are generally the best deals around. You will get more value With the $10, $20, $50, and $100 packs, than you will with chromium packs. Also, the starter bundles disappear after about a week, so make up your mind. We recommend that if you spend money, you do so on crystals, and turn those into energy. It sounds lame, but you level up faster, earn gear faster, and earn characters faster.
All that said, if you really want to roll the dice, you can get some really sweet heroes out of Chromium packs. Each pack will either contain a character or character shards. The problem with buying chromium packs is that some heroes can ONLY be obtained by packs (at least right now - and they haven't said whether this will always be true). So, if you unlock Obi-Wan in a chromium pack, unless you buy more packs, you will never get him above his current star level, and he will be much weaker in a couple weeks than the heroes that are free to play. Additionally, you have about a 3/4 chance of getting 10-15 hero shards, and a 1/4 chance of getting a hero.

SWGoH Resources
SWGoH Cantina: Character info and strategy
SWGoH GG: Character info (including datamined stats)
[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/[/url]SWGOH SubReddit[/URL]: Come here to complain about the Devs

Currencies :10bux:

There are several types of currencies in this game. The first is crystals, which can be purchased with $$. The second is credits, which you spend on your heroes (leveling them, increasing stars, and gear level all cost credits). After that, there are squad arena points, earned by playing arena, spent on character shards in arena shipments; squad cantina points, earned by playing cantina, spent on character shards in cantina shipments; galactic war (GW) points, earned by playing GW, spent on character shards in GW shipments. There are also two things that sort of work as currency: ability mats and training droids, used for leveling hero abilities and hero levels.

Heroes

Hero shards are the most important thing you earn in this game. They are one of three ways to level a hero. A new hero starts somewhere between 1 and 4 stars. In order to increase a character's stars, you need more shards. There are two other important ways to level your hero: level and gear level. Each hero's level max is equal to your level, and you level a hero by spending training droids and credits on them. For each gear level, there are 6 equipment slots for each hero, once you've filled all of those, you can upgrade to the next level. The primary way to earn gear level is to repeatedly sim missions. Also, you're going to need a lot of laptops, just fyi.

Ability Materials

These are really important, and tier 3 ability mats are rare. At first, tier 1 and 2 will seem precious, but eventually you won't really worry about spending those. However, make sure to plan ahead before spending tier 3 ability mats. Don't spend these on starter heroes like Chewie, they are good early, but drop off pretty hard, and you will regret spending tier 3 ability mats on heroes you don't use anymore. Additionally, you don't need to level very many leader abilities -- see the leader section for more info on that.

Energy

Now that you get the basics, it's time to start playing the game. Use your starting crystals to grind missions (instead of on Chromium packs, as mentioned above). Energy costs 50, 50, 100, 100, and goes up from there, while Cantina energy costs 100, 200, 400, and up from there. I would recommend at the very least spending 100 on each mode every day. This will increase your level rapidly, which will then generate more energy, and you can progress really fast the first couple days, which will help you move to the top of arena (which will then net you even more crystals). You also get free 45 regular energy 3x per day, login between 1-3 PM, 7-9 PM, and 10-12 PM local time for a total of 135 energy. You also get regular and cantina energy every time you level.

Leveling
Level your main squad as soon as you level. Also don't use the assign all button when assigning training droids, it will waste xp and credits. Each training droid is worth a certain amount of xp, and costs a certain amount of gold for training. If a training droid is worth more xp than what your hero needs for the next level (and that level is max), it will overlevel that hero, wasting both xp and gold. When assigning training droids, always use one less than necessary of the highest level available, and work your way down until you finish the level with tier 1 training droids. While you are leveling from about 50 to 70, you will only have enough credits/droids to level about 6-7 heroes, so choose wisely. Pick 5 arena worthy heroes (e.g. Sid, Lumi, QGJ, GS, Dooku), and then probably JC and either another healer, if you have one, or a strong DPS.

Light/Dark Missions

There are Light Side and Dark Side missions, and you can only use your light side heroes for light side missions, and same for dark side heroes. In order to progress in the game, you need to balance leveling hero stars/gear/level between those. Additionally, when you clear all of the missions for one side's level, you unlock hard missions. You can complete a hard mission 3 times per day, and have a chance to earn shards from most hard missions. Do these every day for the heroes you want/are using. Some recommended characters to farm early: Jedi Consular, Dooku, Rey, First Order Stormtrooper (1-2 stars - helps with Tank mission and Dark Side missions), Ewok Elder (3-4*), Resistance Trooper (3-4*), and Luminara. Royal Guard is also apparently fairly decent now. There's a full list of these at SWGoHCantina.
I would not recommend trying to farm ALL of these every day, these are just heroes I would recommend farming. Heroes like Dooku/Rey are going to take a long time to farm (HM drops are estimated at 35% across the board). Heroes like JC, Ewok Elder, and First Order Stormtrooper are worth getting a couple stars. JC starts at 2, I would recommend getting him to 4 or 5. Ewok Elder makes a good 3 or 4, and First Order Stormtrooper you can leave at 2. The more you play this game, the better sense you'll get of which heroes you want to play with and unlock. Additionally, you have to balance your energy between farming shards, progressing in missions, and farming gear. Gear level is really important in this game, so make sure to farm your equipment. When you need a specific piece of gear, you can go to your character screen, select the piece of gear, and then there will be a find button.

Arena

When you gain access to squad arena, I would highly recommend spending 50 (or even 150) crystals per day on an extra 5 attacks until you reach equilibrium in power to those around you. The sooner you reach 100, the faster you'll be able to farm Sid, who you will likely use for the rest of the time you spend playing this game (Unless you spend a lot of $$). At 7:00 PM local time, you earn rewards based on your level. You should spend all your arena points on Sid every day. Shipments reset after 6 hours, so you can unlock 3 shipments per day (ok, yes, if you sleep for 6 hours, and login exactly every 6 hours, you can do this 4 times, but 1100 is the max arena points you can get per day, at rank 1 + daily, so you generally only get 2-3 shipments). When you start your account, you are grouped into a server of people who started at the same time, so it isn't impossible to climb to the top of the ladder. Following this guide, you should be able to make top 10 unless you are on a very competetive server.
Arena is the best way to get free crystals, at top 50 you get an extra 150 per day. You also get about 50 per day from quests, so you'll be able to spend 100 crystals on regular energy and 100 crystals on cantina energy.
The current meta is shifting pretty rapidly due to recent changes. Dooku (Lead), QGJ, Daka, Royal Guard and Rey are in many of the top arena teams. However, some people are switching to a tank comp to prevent losing space, and these generally look something like: Dooku, Royal Guard, Barriss, Fives, Kylo Ren. While the speediest heroes are still generally the best for progressing in arena, you can win with a much wider variety of comps.

Challenges

After squad arena, you will unlock challenges. There are two types available each day (except Sundays, when you can do all 6), and they rotate over 3 days. The first type rotates between credits, training droids, and ability materials. You can use any heroes you want for this mission. The second type rotates between equipment challenges. There's a healer/support challenge, rewarding AGI gear, an attacker challenge (STR gear), and a tank challenge (INT gear). Most of these missions are pretty easy once you've figured it out, but most of them have some kind of trick to them:
Healing/Support challenge: Opress has an attack that reduces all your heroes to 1 health. In earlier levels, you can generally keep up by just using JC's heals. If this isn't enough, kill a support droid. A debuff on Opress will make him take extra damage (by a lot), so use Talia's DOT every chance you get. At the second tier, the droids also shoot, so be ready for that.
Attacker Challenge: Shoot the droids to get a giant damage buff. Easy mode.
Tank Challenge: This is the hardest, until you have a few levels on it or unlock more tanks (Poe/First Order Stormtrooper). Mace Windu puts a debuff on a hero that will significantly weaken them. I think there's some strategy involving attacking the droids (something to do with resetting his attack), but I couldn't figure that out, so I just shoot Windu until he dies. Teebo shines in this challenge as leader because he removes 75% turn meter while stealthed. Royal Guard stuns and applies a speed debuff, and Poe removes turn meter, all really useful.
Training Droids: One bot does some debuff stuff, the other heals. Until you have a heal debuff (Sid/Kylo), kill the healing bot (it's labeled when you click on it), then kill Boba.
Credits: Cad's bots buff him to do pretty ridiculous damage. I think you can prevent that from happening (or debuff him with the right heroes), but really just focus and kill Cad asap. Save your high damage abilities for him.
Ability Mats: Darth Vader applies a lot of DoTs. Then his lightsaber throw will instantly kill anyone with debuffs (not always, but frequently). If he gets a kill with lightsaber throw, his turn meter refills 100%. Also, his droids add additional debuffs. Just focus down Vader.

Cantina

At level 28, you will unlock Cantina. If you've spent crystals on energy, you can do it within 24 hours of starting this game. Cantina is a great way to farm hero shards. There are two methods of grinding shards here. The first is by completing missions. Some missions reward character shards about 33% of the time, and this is a fairly consistent method of promoting characters. Geonosian Soldier is the best level 1 Cantina mission hero, and is found in the best Arena teams. Additionally, you earn cantina points. There are two heroes that are really worth getting from Cantina shipments, which cost 400 Cantina points per 5 shards: Qui-Gon Jinn and Old Daka. QGJ is one of the best leaders, highest damage heroes, and all around best Arena heroes. Old Daka is the best (one of the only) dark side healers. Without Daka, you will have a hard time past dark side 5, which you will eventually need for gear, so at some point you will need her at a minimum of 4 stars. However, she doesn't get particularly good for GW or Arena until she's at least 6 stars because she has a really low base health and she heals for a percent of her own health. I would really recommend getting QGJ to at least 5 stars before getting either Daka to 5*, then finish QGJ, then Daka.

Galactic War

At level 42, you unlock Galactic War. Each day, you can run through GW once, and you earn a variety of rewards for doing so (they improve with each successful GW mission). There is no energy cost associated with GW. GW starts with fairly easy teams (level-wise), and ratchets it up as you go along. Early on, you won't be able to finish this every day because it gets really hard. GW is an endurance type of gauntlet. If a hero gets low on health in one mission, he'll still be low in the next. If you lose a hero, he's gone for the rest of the day (in GW only). After an opponent has attacked at least once in a battle, anytime during your turn you can click the options button, and retreat, to start over. This is a complete reset of GW, it will be like nothing happened. Additionally, you can send out a weak team with 2-3 heroes on it (it will warn you that you don't have a full squad - just hit ok and start it), and let the enemy team waste a couple specials or maybe a taunt. They will die, but this can help you progress a couple levels further. Sometimes you'll need to throw a mid-level hero at this to get them to use their specials. If they completely demolish your A-team, it's worth a shot. As you develop more heroes, you'll find this gets a little easier to do. The general consensus is that you should unlock and 7* Luminara before you spend GW points on anyone else, although many of us have sidetracked for a few stars in some of the other heroes, including Phasma.
Another key point on retreat: if you start a battle, and your team gets wrecked and you retreat, you need to change up your roster or order. Unless you make changes to your roster, the enemy team's attacks/rolls are predetermined and will do exactly the same thing every time. You can use this to your advantage by changing your focus/try to get stuns on other characters, or you can swap out a character to change the RNG seed.

Events
Eventually you will unlock Events. Right now, there are two events that are always available, and they are very bad. Skip these. There are limited time events, and these pop up occasionally. We get the Yoda event about once a month, and he's a great long-term goal. You need 5 Jedi at 5 stars or higher to unlock him.

Best Arena Leaders

Count Dooku
Master Tactician – All allies gain X% Evasion and gain Offense Up for X turn(s) whenever they evade.
Dooku is just absurdly good as leader right now. While in the 70s, you get +15% evasion, and offence up is just really good. He's the most common leader in arena.

Qui-Gon Jinn
Agility Training – Jedi allies gain X Speed - QGJ and Yoda become the fastest heroes with QGJ leadership
QGJ is a good Jedi leader for a Jedi team.

Captain Phasma
Fire at Will - Whenever an ally attacks, they have a X% chance to call a random ally to Assist, dealing X% less damage. This chance is doubled if the attacking ally is First Order.
Good all-purpose leader. Especially good for teams that have something like a Sidious, Daka or Kylo, as the extra attacks can apply on-hit effects.

Darth Sidious
Unlimited Power - All allies gain X% Critical Chance and X% Critical Damage.
Sidious' leader ability is another great one for basically any type of team. Sidious was the most popular Arena leader before Phasma took over -- but still decent as your first arena leader.

HK-47
Assassin Protocol - Droid allies gain X% Critical Chance and gain 30% Turn Meter on a Critical Hit.
Most droid teams run an HK-47 leader. Typical droid set-up is HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, Poggle, and a 5th that is variable, usually a tank like Royal Guard.

Poggle
Machine Overlord – Droid and Geonosian allies gain 25% Offense.
Alternative leader for Geonosians + Droids.

Best GW Leaders

Barriss Offee
No One Left Behind - Jedi allies gain X% Max Health, and other alllies gain half that amount. In addition, Jedi allies heal for X% of Barriss Offee's Max Health, and other allies heal half that amount.

Luminara Unduli
Elegant Steps - Jedi allies gain X% Evasion and recover Health equal to X% of Luminara's Max Health at the start of each of their turns. Non-Jedi allies receive half of the Evasion bonus and Heal effect.
Luminara is the go-to leader for GW, as she's the best (read:easiest to get and star up) healing leader to keep your people topped off. The heal over time on her regular heal is also quite good if you level it up. She's widely regarding as the best overall character in the game.

Chief Chirpa
Simple Tactics - Ewok allies gain X% turn meter and deal X% more damage whenever they perform a basic attack. these effects are halved for other allies.
An Ewok squad is surprisingly good at clearing GW.

Raids

Guild raids will involve the ugly brute things from Jabba's palace, plus a Rancor end-boss. These have multiple tiers with increasing payouts per tier. Tier 7 (level 80 max gear/star) gives you NewHan shards. We won't know anything about NewHan until someone either unlocks him, or datamines him.
We are updating information on raids in the spreadsheet here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3771211
There's a tab dedicated to what heroes/abilities are good for raiding.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 4, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I added a Guild Name column to the spreadsheet. Enter the name there you'd like to have. If there's a clear leader we can go with that, otherwise there will have to be a brokered convention.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/30259/guilds-and-raids-q-a

quote:

Hey everyone,

There have been a lot of questions surrounding Guilds and Raids, so I’m going to post the ones I’ve seen here along with the answers. If you have any additional questions go ahead and post them in this thread and I'll answer them as I can (and update the original post with the Q&A).

Q: How much does it cost to create a Guild?

A: The cost to create a Guild is 300,000 Credits.

Q: Can guild ownership be transferred? If so, what reset time does the guild use for activities? The original creator's reset time or the new leader's reset time?

A: Yes, Guild ownership can be transferred. The reset time will still be set to the original Guild Leaders time zone.

Q: Will there be in-game guild tags for guild members?

A: No, there will not be tags, however you can do a name change now to manually add the tag you’d like to use yourself.

Q: For guild daily activities and raids, will there be a complete roster contribution list?

A: Yes, via a leaderboard you will be able to see how much each Guild member has contributed.

Q: Do the Shared Activities earn Guild bank Currency or Individual Guild Currency?

A: Shared Guild Activities exclusively award Guild Currency, which is used to make purchases in Guild Shipments. These involve activities such as completing X PvP battles as a group and have cooperative and competitive aspects. The Daily Activity “Personal Guild Contribution” is the only way to earn Guild Bank Coins, which are needed to summon Raids. This activity is completed by spending Energy anywhere in the game.

Q: Will guilds be playable across servers or on one server only?

A: They will be able to have members from all "servers", just like your allies list.

Q: Will a guild be assigned to one timezone and the activities stick to that timezones schedule, or will they be based on each members timezone?

A: A Guild is assigned to one timezone, the Guild Leaders.

Q: Who pays the fee when creating a Guild?

A: The Guild Leader is the one that must pay the entire cost.

Q: How many members can a Guild have?

A: 50

Q: Can a Guild Leader remove members from their Guild?

A: Yes, the Guild Leader can remove members that they no longer want in their Guild. A Guild Leader can also make assign the role of Officer to players in their Guild, giving them the ability to also remove members, invite members, and summon Raids.

Q: Will the Guild Store be available right away on Sunday?

A: No, the Guild Store won't show up until Monday when we fully push out the update to all players. At this time, a large number of bug fixes will also be patched in.

Q: How doable is a Guild for FTP?
A: Very doable! Raid difficulties start at no requirements for the first tier and then go up by 1 star in difficulty each tier after, lettings players of all progression levels jump in The Pit.

Q: How long is the raid? What is the specific time frame to complete it?
A: The first 6 Raid Tiers do not have a time limit and characters refresh once a day allowing a Guild of any size to complete it. The final tier (Heroic) has a 2 day time limit). Regarding how long a Raid will take to complete, that scales greatly based on the number of players in the Guild and the quality of their characters/strategy.

Q: Will we be able to win crystals via guilds?
A: Crystals are not part of the rewards earned through Guilds or Raids.

Q: Can an individual in a smaller than 50 guild be rewarded the same as if you were a member of a 50 person guild?

A: It will be much harder to complete higher tiers of Guild Daily Activities, but yes, the rewards would be the same if the goals can be met. Raids will be harder to complete with fewer members as well, but doable over a longer period of time (except for Heroic difficulty since there is a time limit).

Q: Are the achievements going to be worth it and advantageous for everyone in a guild to target just those and forego the regular farming we would normally use our energy for?
A: No, players will need to spend energy in all areas of the game to contribute to their Guild Bank Currency which is used to activate Raids.

Q: As long as you do a decent amount of whatever the daily guild requirement is, will you earn enough Guild credit to buy a 5 shard pack for a character in Shipments?
A: Players who regularly contribute to Guild Activities and the Raids will earn enough Guild Currency to regularly make purchases in Guild Shipments. This is assuming that the Guild has many other members that are also contributing daily. Guilds are about collaboration, so the more players work together the more frequently each player will be able to purchase shard packs from Guild Shipments.

Q: With the 7 tiers, can you only complete one each raid?
A: Once a Raid is activated you will be unable to activate another one until the current one is completed.

Q: Will we be granted enough guild currency upon creation to immediately start a raid or will we have to earn if from zero upon creating the guild?
A: Guilds will need to earn enough Guild Bank Coins before being able to participate in a Raid.

Q: Do you play live with other members of the guild, or is it on an individual basis?
A: All players will take their squad and battle against the Rancor individually, but the health of it is shared between all players in the Guild. So players will need to work together if they want to have a chance of defeating this massive foe.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Sounds pretty good, but they'll probably find a way to gently caress it up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Decided to use some crystals I'd collected to buy a 4x box. Man, do I regret doing that. No full character and just shards for lovely ones.

• Locked thread