Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
my favorite levels in each game are boletaria 1, blighttown, frozen eleum loyce, cathedral ward and the grand archives. not coincidentally these are the most enjoyable zones for invasion in each game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Everybody wants a western Souls and a sci-fi Souls, why not combine them and do a Cowboy Bebop souls-like

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Boy that one spell Aldrich uses does not gently caress around at all

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I desperately want a western souls with six shooters, gently caress off huge cowboy hats, abandoned frontier towns, undead barbers swinging shears, saloon shootouts, mine cart level, el dorado, quetzalcoatls, etc

frontier souls would be awesome. bloodborne but with west coast mexican gods instead of east coast new england gods

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

scary ghost dog posted:

frontier souls would be awesome. bloodborne but with west coast mexican gods instead of east coast new england gods

Upgrading your obsidian blade ftw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

The DLC is Demon's Souls, Bloodborne and the good parts of DS2 all remixed together into DS3.
thats the base game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Mid-late game spoilers: How in the gently caress do I deal with Aldrich's arrow spell for real

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

Upgrading your obsidian blade ftw

Tfw you climb down into a huge open sacrificial pit filled with countless skeletons with weird shaped skulls

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This game feels huge

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
Nick:

circle around to rear end before he cinders, run in a big loop when he is

man I hosed up this post like 5 times

Proud Rat Mom fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 19, 2016

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

This game feels huge

The Huge Game meme

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Mid-late game spoilers: How in the gently caress do I deal with Aldrich's arrow spell for real

run til it runs out. i thought it was a set path but it tracks you.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Nick:

circle around to rear end before he cinders, run in a big loop when he is

man I hosed up this post like 5 times

Action Tortoise posted:

Thanks. I just finished Anri's questline and I didn't ask for these feels.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I desperately want a western souls with six shooters, sabers, gently caress off huge cowboy hats, abandoned frontier towns, undead barbers swinging shears, saloon shootouts, mine cart level, el dorado, quetzalcoatls, etc

Bloodborne 2 with an old west setting would be mind blowing

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Benny D posted:

Bloodborne 2 with an old west setting would be mind blowing

Military Officer
Gunslinger
Tracker
Frontiersman
Medicine man
Apothecary
Prospector would be the new deprived

The only steampunk allowed is trick weapons.

Train boss

The merchant from not-Japan to justify a katana being in the game

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 19, 2016

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Action Tortoise posted:

and you can totally juke it, which feels incredible

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HolePisser1982 posted:

and you can totally juke it, which feels incredible

It's more the first one that gets me. I get so caught up in the old blood frenzy that I attack till I"m out of stamina, then poof.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I can't get this fatass nun to drop her clothes already.

me either. they must be rare cos ive only ever had the trousers. but im not exactly grinding them. i got their mace though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

undead settlement is easily in the top 3 areas in the entire series

agreed. my favourite area is actually the grey tutorial area place you start in though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Homework Explainer posted:

every ds3 area has been excellent but i still really love the fishing hamlet and research hall/clocktower

i agree that the fishing hamlet is the best of all time

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Black Baby Goku posted:

Me and mad spirit Mark Rutzou

Lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I desperately want a western souls with six shooters, sabers, gently caress off huge cowboy hats, abandoned frontier towns, undead barbers swinging shears, saloon shootouts, mine cart level, el dorado, quetzalcoatls, etc

They could make it a bloodborne sequel but instead of transforming weapons you whip out different weapons in the middle of a combo or something.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
cowboy bloodborne sounds stupid to me.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

undead settlement is probably my favourite area but they're all so good. this game seriously surpassed all my expectations and i'm going to be playing it forever. im so happy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the sci fi version of dark souls is armored core. miyazaki even made some of them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

cowboy bloodborne sounds stupid to me.

It would work if it was the JoJo's version of the old west where native Americans tapped into the otherworldly because of meteorites and the world is full of supernatural stuff.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I beat it. the last two bosses were cool as gently caress. the second to last one with the two princes was really cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

It would work if it was the JoJo's version of the old west where native Americans tapped into the otherworldly because of meteorites and the world is full of supernatural stuff.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just wanna keep fighting weird aliens and poo poo in the souls universe tbh

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

I beat it. the last two bosses were cool as gently caress. the second to last one with the two princes was really cool

this. theyre my 2nd fav fight in the game after mister pontiff

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

the sci fi version of dark souls is armored core. miyazaki even made some of them
i haven't played any of them. which one should i start with? I need more From games

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

i mean it wouldnt be the old western united states, bborne wasnt in london. it would be a big desert settlement in a grand canyon type place with buttes and valleys and a name like Mexis

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i haven't played any of them. which one should i start with? I need more From games

4, i think is the first one that miyazaki directed. he also directed a sequel for it, called For Answer, which is even better. i havent played 5 and its sequel but theyre supposed to be good too. :-)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the monsters would be snakes and gila monsters and cactuses and sandworms and vultures and coyotes and lizards and poo poo. theyre creative theyll think of some good stuff

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
role play as rediscover

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

4, i think is the first one that miyazaki directed. he also directed a sequel for it, called For Answer, which is even better. i havent played 5 and its sequel but theyre supposed to be good too. :-)

by the way, theyre very complex games, with complex controls. so that might turn u off if youre not prepared for that.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm ready.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
AC:FA is really fun, I had a friend in college who couldn't get enough of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

by the way, theyre very complex games, with complex controls. so that might turn u off if youre not prepared for that.

I want to play one of these but only if I had the bonkers rear end steel battalion controller rejiggered to work with AC. I'm also hoping that the new project is a new armored core and I'll just jump in the series then

• Locked thread