Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Morg ult is probably too slow to do anything to counter Zed ult, too, and he isn't exactly as easy a target as a LB trying to distortion, since he has three shadows and its a blink and not a dash. Basically nothing in Morg kit seems good against Zed.

Libertine posted:

Because of this I don't really know why someone would play Morgana into Zed. Is it just because she's good with a Zhonya's? I don't really like that match-up but maybe I'm not thinking about it right.

The lane is insanely easy. Just W the wave while Zed is farming and you get lots of free damage. If you can't fight Zed (which you can't in the mid game), just clear the wave when it gets close to turret and stay out of his range the rest of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

NTT posted:

I'm glad we were able to educate our high diamond goons about the terrors of fellow d1 players playing zed, compared to your average bronze 2 zed

the point is that high level Zed players crush games harder than almost any other champion, and with dynamic queue, you never know who is going to be in that 4 man group, so why take a chance

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I would literally rather pick every single one of those other champions.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

This post came through a worm hole from five months ago and landed here.

No, it's from bronze

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Nice new Malz splash:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Here we gooooo
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/featured/mid-season-magic

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

so I was just quickly scrolling through but dragon is being changed heavily?

e: yeah they are holy poo poo. Those dragons changes are huge.

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 19, 2016

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

What the gently caress are the dragon changes, you just randomly get boosts to your composition or not entirely over RNG? That seems so awful.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Holy poo poo everything is hosed

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Dragon changes look terrible

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
So the dragon buff you get is now random?

Also they better not in any way whatsoever nerfing anivia with their changes.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

all the mage stuff looks cool, i dont think the dragon changes will work out how they expect them to but the current dragon is so dreadfully worthless that it cannot be any worse

edit: curious to know what exactly the swain change is, "cripple" is kinda vague

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I was assuming the dragon changes would be "dragon is worth gold again so teams actually fight over it". Whoops, nevermind.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Actually the dragon changes are awesome

Now instead of this first 4 being completely worthless you get a dice roll and maybe 2 or 3 of them might actually be worth something

Will make jungle pathing and objective fights a lot more dynamic instead of just "well they're at herald, let's get dragon because we kind of have to"

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Malzahar changes look loving awesome.

Edit: So what's Morgana's new passive if spellvamp is out of the game?

Aerox fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 19, 2016

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Dragon is stupid.

ROA is now not debatable on Singed

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
snakes dont need boots

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/Ik3EfwOh-mid-season-stuff-that-may-be-harder-to-spot-on-the-pbe

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

ROA is now not debatable on Singed

New ROA seems like it'll be really good on Swain too, assuming that they keep his gimmick of waddle into the enemy team and sustain while doing damage.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really don't understand the new dragon change. So it wasn't important enough before and now it's stronger but random so it might actually be crappier? What is the logic there?

Edit: Also the new Chalice confuses me: "Gain a portion of damage dealt to allied champions as blood charges. Healing or shielding another ally consumes blood charges to heal them for the amount stored."

I assume that means if you're near allies being damaged you build up charges? I thought the initial PBE version was damage dealt to ENEMY champions but I might be misremembering.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 19, 2016

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

We are Dota now boys!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Boot enchants being gone kinda sucks. I built them a lot more than most players I think.

ImpAtom posted:

I really don't understand the new dragon change. So it wasn't important enough before and now it's stronger but random so it might actually be crappier? What is the logic there?

Edit: Also the new Chalice confuses me: "Gain a portion of damage dealt to allied champions as blood charges. Healing or shielding another ally consumes blood charges to heal them for the amount stored."

I assume that means if you're near allies being damaged you build up charges? I thought the initial PBE version was damage dealt to ENEMY champions but I might be misremembering.

It sounds like an item being designed specifically a rush core item for any mid-lane utility mage that team fights and provides any kind of shield-boost (i.e. Orianna, Karma, Lulu... maybe Lux, maybe Morgana?) I can't imagine anyone else will want to use it because you won't be able to "drain" it of charges I don't think.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Brand is largely unchanged and the little living bomb addition looks sweet. Vlad looks better, Malz's passive looks bonkers and if I had to guess super grasp is gonna be significantly less damage than Null Zone is

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Malz's new passive seems incredibly good:

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Basically Malz just got an extra passive on top of his kit

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Am I reading the Malz passive right? He's basically getting a free banshee's passive?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
yep

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

dragon bonus order changing from game to game is pretty cool, will make games actually play out differently

AHH FUGH posted:

Basically Malz just got an extra passive on top of his kit

generally these updates come with number tweaks across the board to adjust for the changes, he's probably going to lose his antiquatedly high base damage

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

The fact that he can summon voidlings on-demand now is a huge loving buff

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i wanna try malz top and play it similar to kayle now that he can punish people for diving on him pre-6. i think vlad will be in a much better spot too now for top.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
yeah no loving way he keeps the damage he currently has when he basically got 4 buffs at the same time

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm curious to see how dragon changes will turn out more than anything else on this patch. I don't think it'll change much.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

also for a lot of midrange mages the rocket belt + hg combo will give you 20% cdr like wota used to, so you can go 20% from runes and get those + mercs or sorcs.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i am too retarded to understand any of this

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tales of Woe posted:

dragon bonus order changing from game to game is pretty cool, will make games actually play out differently

generally these updates come with number tweaks across the board to adjust for the changes, he's probably going to lose his antiquatedly high base damage

Unless I am doing the math wrong there's a not insignificant chance for you to get the exact same dragon 3 times in a 30 minute game. This seems bad, to me.

Lovechop posted:

i am too retarded to understand any of this

-Me, posting, playing league of legends, or spending time with my girlfriend

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Libertine posted:

Because of this I don't really know why someone would play Morgana into Zed. Is it just because she's good with a Zhonya's? I don't really like that match-up but maybe I'm not thinking about it right.

It's because Morgana W is really punishing to melee mids, and she can force him under tower while still being relatively safe from ganks due to Black Shield. He also can't really towerdive her. But as I said a good Zed has a decent amount of outplay potential (for example, if he dodges your bind with either shadow or ult he can straight up kill you in a lot of situations).

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this loving owns aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

Unless I am doing the math wrong there's a not insignificant chance for you to get the exact same dragon 3 times in a 30 minute game. This seems bad, to me.

we don't know yet if it's straight 25% each time or weighted toward ones that haven't shown up yet, also if your team knowingly ignores 3 damage dragons in a row or whatever then maybe you deserve to lose

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

also xerath getting an extra ult charge for hitting his ult sounds fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Servaetes posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this loving owns aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

wat this