Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Yeah I think scripters got another reason to keep using Xerath lol

e:

plague doctor singed ya'll aaaaaaa

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

New hextech gunblade heals for % of all damage including true. Yorick ult does 1,000,000,000,000,000 true damage. Hm

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The Plague Doctor Singed skin tho

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Prokhor posted:

New hextech gunblade heals for % of all damage including true. Yorick ult does 1,000,000,000,000,000 true damage. Hm
gunblade is unchanged, it already has that passive on live and no it doesn't work

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

Unless I am doing the math wrong there's a not insignificant chance for you to get the exact same dragon 3 times in a 30 minute game. This seems bad, to me.

They said the buffs will stack with themselves though. So if you get 3 of the same your whole team is either:
Hitting people with a burn that hurts really bad
Healing/Regening a good amount of health/mana
Hitting towers really hard
Moving around the map really fast

I like all of those things

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the next morde rework where each dragon ghost gives him a unique buff will be fun, heres hoping he'll be a jungler this time!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Wait the video wasn't loading for me earlier holy hell Cass miasma change

It covers the whole loving lane lmao

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

noooo now I have to not play snow singed :(

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2016/04/419-pbe-update.html

There's also a Kayle and a Nocturne one in this same vein

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Radical posted:

the next morde rework where each dragon ghost gives him a unique buff will be fun, heres hoping he'll be a jungler this time!

Actually huh, yeah, that's a good point. How does the new dragon setup interact with Morde?

Edit: Also I assume that Vel'Koz's E is typo'd considering it looks to be the same as before in the video.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Apr 19, 2016

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Actually huh, yeah, that's a good point. How does the new dragon setup interact with Morde?

presumably he still just gets the same old ghost dragon regardless of which dragon he kills

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

theres a very good chance morde either cant get the dragon at all anymore because they dont bother to fix it, or it does work and that + the new items make him a meta midlaner somehow until they emergency fix him.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

ImpAtom posted:

Edit: Also I assume that Vel'Koz's E is typo'd considering it looks to be the same as before in the video.

e: no you're right, it's just an error

https://twitter.com/RiotStatikk/status/722512848358756352

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Apr 19, 2016

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
i'm on PBE testing malz right now

seems broken as gently caress

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
You guys focusing on the Malz changes are not focusing on the right thing: Brand looks to do damage in ridiculously huge aoe now. You can click on the portraits to see a video of their new abilities.

EDIT: Although I look forward to jungle Malzahar even more.

Star Warrior X
Jul 14, 2004

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/a9gcgfzV-elemental-dragons-what-were-doing-and-why

Needs heart dragon. Also, instead of just picking one at random and spawning it until it's dead, the dragons should come in a fixed order, and leave if not engaged for like 1 or 2 minutes, to be replaced by the next one in sequence. That way, your team can wait for or skirmish until the one it wants is up, and then has a limited window to fight for it.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Radical posted:

theres a very good chance morde either cant get the dragon at all anymore because they dont bother to fix it, or it does work and that + the new items make him a meta midlaner somehow until they emergency fix him.

morde's already a secretly good toplaner if you max W first and take stormraiders surge. i assume this applies to midlane as well though you get more bad (ranged) matchups there

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Malz was already good

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Edit: NM, he edited it as I was typing!

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

when you go mid you use the w on the raptors for the heal, apparently its pretty strong?

e. also they said earlier in the month that veigar's ult was getting changed so the changes they list on the "additional changes" section might not be everything for those champions

e2. "Note: Voidlings no longer have a leash/returnTP range." lol

Radical fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 19, 2016

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
holy poo poo this is broken

Malz will hit 60% win rate if he's released like this

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
you can time the voidlings out to auto-push the lane permanently

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
where teh fuckular is new taric?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

buffs to galio.. olaf, and rumble? goku time motherfuckers !!

Servaetes posted:

I'm still the Hecarim jungle purist and I hate the fact that anyone even started to put him toplane because that poo poo results in big nerfs to a very fun jungler but... yeah. Hecarim's a very strong, snowball champ that when he's ahead he really stays there and puts out a shitload of damage building mostly tank. IBG gives him an almost old Skarner level of stickiness but Tri makes his charges extremely painful.

the only reason i play lane hecarim is because i want to play more hecarim and sometimes i do not get the jungle

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Star Warrior X posted:

http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/gameplay-balance/a9gcgfzV-elemental-dragons-what-were-doing-and-why

Needs heart dragon. Also, instead of just picking one at random and spawning it until it's dead, the dragons should come in a fixed order, and leave if not engaged for like 1 or 2 minutes, to be replaced by the next one in sequence. That way, your team can wait for or skirmish until the one it wants is up, and then has a limited window to fight for it.

I mean, this is a good idea but I can see why they did what they did. If you are just waiting for your team comp's "optimal" dragon buff, it will result in both teams trying to pick comps that work with whatever dragon comes up first. At least in competitive that's what it will boil down to.

Edit: And the whole point of re-doing dragon like this is so that games dont become stale and same-y. you will have to adjust the way you play depending on what dragon comes up, and every game will be different. I like the dragon changes.

Pussy Quipped fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 19, 2016

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
Man RIP WOTA. Gone are the days of 13 health pot morde -> revolver -> wota truly forever.

e; new fiddle passive is actually extremely good I think.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
maybe it will be good maybe it will be bad

probably end up with cases where your team comp sucks rear end comparitively because the dragon you want just doesn't show up until 20 min

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

the only reason i play lane hecarim is because i want to play more hecarim and sometimes i do not get the jungle

You are a good fella then

Star Warrior X
Jul 14, 2004

Rurea posted:

it will result in both teams trying to pick comps that work with whatever dragon comes up first. At least in competitive that's what it will boil down to.

That's a good point. Maybe roll the dice on the first spawn, and then cycle them. I just foresee my team comp really wanting red dragon, and theirs really wanting blue, and all that spawns is blue, blue, blue. We have to fight it or they get a huge advantage, but winning gives us next to nothing. I'd much prefer if we had the choice to let them get blue, and plan to fight for red, or maybe try and drag out a lane skirmish long enough that they miss the blue.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

quote:

At present Morde gets regular dragons from the standard elemental ones and a bigger dragon with more health for killing the Elder. Looking into variant dragons based off the element killed is on our list of things to look into as possible mid season followup, it won't be in for ship though.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So what did they actually change on Velkoz? He looks the exact same to me.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
dash move hextech thing is completely useless btw

malzahar with 45% cdr has voidlings on demand all the time, which means he basically always has 6 voidlings up

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

so basically when malz's visions jump the voidlings attack the new target and spawn another voidling each time? so if you nurse visions through a wave you have a temporary army?

Bholder posted:

So what did they actually change on Velkoz? He looks the exact same to me.

they gave his passive AP scaling and if i'm reading it right if it procs off ult it won't stack up again but instead all ult damage on them becomes true

also his Q marker that shows where he fired it only appears for him now which is QOL but will make eyeing its range and dodging it a bit harder

Catgirl Al Capone fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 19, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
loooooooooool

https://twitter.com/moobeat/status/722521958860980224

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

a medical mystery posted:

so basically when malz's visions jump the voidlings attack the new target and spawn another voidling each time? so if you nurse visions through a wave you have a temporary army?

The new spawns have the same remaining duration as the initial spawn. All the spawns that occur from the first will die at the same time, so there's no refresh involved.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

yeah it probably won't last very long once it gets to the end of the wave though, but at a certain point you'll have another one ready to summon anyways

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

so THAT'S where they left the rest of my BoRK

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
trip report:

earth dragon bad

fire dragon good

other dragons decent

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
So devourer loses its stacking component? I always hated the stacking items, or any delayed power that isn't gained automatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

they gave his passive AP scaling

Rip support vel?

• Locked thread