Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Magres posted:

This is goddamned beautiful and will hopefully cut down on having to run Swamp literally 5-6 times a day to do dailies. That said, good loving luck on Cliffside Day

Did you read the cliffside changes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Never thought I'd see Guild Wars 2 patch notes that were too long for me to bother reading. Surely 75% of these must be skill fact changes

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

From what I've read so far (80% through, 4/9 professions covered), there are literally no skill fact changes. They're literally all consequential and mostly good changes. :aaaaa:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Except for the dragonhunter nerf :colbert:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

I mean, the DH nerf is pretty minor, and the CD reductions for shouts and virtues are pretty great tho

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Generic Octopus posted:

Did you read the cliffside changes?

Yeah, I saw that after and edited my post :v:

I haven't finished the patch notes yet but literally 100% of the changes I've read so far look good. The HoT changes look good, the fractal changes look great, the raid changes look fantastic, the pvp map changes look really good (Skyhammer and Spirit Watch getting changed and added to the Ranked rotation makes me super happy), the dungeon changes look great, the daily changes look great

quote:

WvW—REWARD TRACKS (Beta)
Reward tracks have been added to World vs. World. These are nearly identical to the reward tracks you find in PvP, except that some rewards have been adjusted to be geared toward WvW players. One of the tracks offers players a chance to earn the new WvW-exclusive Triumphant armor set! Also, once the reward tracks feature exits beta testing, the Gift of Battle legendary crafting component will no longer be available as a vendor purchase and will be earned via its own reward track.

:swoon:

PvP Reward Tracks are really good and fun and cool and adding them to WvW is a good choice.

quote:

Lastly, it’s often brought up that some roles—like scouting and defending—are difficult to reward. It’s fairly common in organized groups to kick back some gold to your scouts and defenders at the end of the night. We’ve leveraged our squad system to solve this problem; for every five people in your squad, your commander will be able to assign one person to share squad participation. These players will no longer earn their own participation, but will instead earn participation based on the actions of the rest of the squad. This frees them up to man the defenses of an objective, seek out the enemy, or do any number of other tasks that are important but don’t see a ton of action, and they still earn a portion of the participation that the troops they are supporting earn.

Also fantastic.

quote:

WvW—PROVISIONS MASTER
This new ability line improves a player’s ability to gather loot and grants access to the wares of the Permanent Portable Provisioner.
Provisions Master I: This allows players to purchase a Permanent Portable Provisioner from any WvW outfitter. This item allows players to purchase siege-weapon blueprints from anywhere in WvW.
Provisions Master II: This allows players to purchase tricks and traps from the Permanent Portable Provisioner.
Provisions Master III: This allows players to also purchase food and utility consumables from the Permanent Portable Provisioner.
Provisions Master IV: This teaches players to automatically pick up loot from fallen foes.
Provisions Master V: This increases the number of Badges of Honor players find when they loot fallen foes.

Oh god autoloot in WvW YES PLEASE THANK YOU

quote:

Stability
Stability: The frequency at which stability can be removed by control effects has been increased from 0.05 seconds to 0.75 seconds. A brief effect will now play on the character when stability is removed via control.

OOOOHHH MMMYYYY GGGGGOOOODDDDDD :flashfap:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
dreggon as saying they have even easier perma swift now but he was also drunk

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Also the Dragonhunter nerf is pretty minor and probably good for the game as a whole. Same with the Ele changes, it was stupid as gently caress to be able to throw a wall across a tunnel and be like "lol glad your 50 man zerg doesn't want to go anywhere, suckers"

(Assuming there aren't more beyond the Wall changes, that's as far as I've gotten)

quote:

Elementalist
We’re continuing to watch the elementalist and its tempest specialization, and we’ll look to make improvements in lesser-used areas. For this update, we’ll be looking at weapon skills that promote both scepter and dagger. Scepter changes include some modification to casting times and damage increases for both physical and condition damage. The dagger’s abilities have been adjusted to be both more frequently usable and pack a bigger punch for both main-hand and off-hand use.

someone call a doctor i have an erection lasting longer than four hours

quote:

Engineer
Our goal for this quarter has been to reduce a bit of the scrapper’s survivability while updating the base engineer with multiple weapon and utility quality-of-life changes. Some increases have been based around physical and condition damage increases for the pistol, to help its viability as a hybrid condition option. From the utilities side, we’ve made several adjustments to damage and recharge for underutilized skills. One of the bigger notes is that Slick Shoes are now only able to affect a target once per skill activation.

:flaccid: they really did a number on Scrapper, it looks like the Hammer 3 got it's damage cut by a third (it went from 3 jumps to 2, unless they upped the per-hit values), Slick Shoes got hamstrung, and their healing from Swiftness and Superspeed got cut down to being basically zero compared to the old values

quote:

OTHER BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, AND POLISH
General
Players can now specify a quantity when purchasing items from a vendor.

Also if the forums are still pooping themselves for anyone else, http://archive.is/djJYl is a mirror of it

Magres fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 19, 2016

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

quote:

Shooting Gallery: Added 30 seconds to the time limit.

Best fix.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Question if anyone can help me parse something

quote:

Rapid Regeneration: The base healing of this trait has been reduced from 150 to 20 when under the influence of superspeed and from 25 to 5 when under the effects of swiftness. Level and healing values continue to scale the same for superspeed. Swiftness’s scaling with levels has been increased by 20%.

Does this mean that Rapid Regen got its healing completely and utterly cut to the ground, or just moderately toned down?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Magres posted:

Question if anyone can help me parse something

Does this mean that Rapid Regen got its healing completely and utterly cut to the ground, or just moderately toned down?

moderately. it's something like 100 on swift and 340 on ss without heal power

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Magres posted:

Also the Dragonhunter nerf is pretty minor

Oh it is, I'm just being a petulant little poo poo because I got many boners over true shot.

Magres posted:

Oh god autoloot in WvW YES PLEASE THANK YOU

oh my gently caress I missed this

cletus GTA is on hold for a while, this patch loving rules

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9fhcTkQrKc

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Kessel posted:

moderately. it's something like 100 on swift and 340 on ss without heal power

Awesome! Thank you :)

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh it is, I'm just being a petulant little poo poo because I got many boners over true shot.

oh my gently caress I missed this

cletus GTA is on hold for a while, this patch loving rules

Yeah it's pretty loving great, the WvW changes are like, as best I can tell, 100% awesome

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Wow, those WvW changes are like almost everything I wanted changed/improved. I'm actually kinda surprised. The Warrior changes also look great fro WvW. Might have to dust off my Warrior and give him a try again now that stability is back to not being awful and that Balance Stance looks amazing for it.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Pseudoscorpion posted:

I know a lot of people are sad about SAB ending soon.

Don't worry. At least a few of my peers are sad too:

Bonus Higgsraid Crew chilling at the top of the Tower of Expensive Frogs:

I figured screenshots just wouldn't do this justice, so here's a SAB farewell recording for you all:

ArenaNet's Guild Hall SAB style
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVpZMzWLdYA

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Looks like I'll be logging back in to Guild Wars! :hfive::homebrew::madmax::neckbeard::sotw:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Ahahaha, it's like ANet read my mind when I gave my first "Don't make me organize and do DPS checks" warning:

quote:

Special Forces Training Arena
To help players learn more about their classes and the damage output they are capable of, we’ve built an instance that is accessible from the raid lobby in which players in a raid squad can make the following adjustments:
  • Add or remove DPS training golems. These golems will report an individual player’s DPS for every 20% of health damaged, as well as report total damage done and the time since the player first attacked the golem.
  • Add or remove boons and certain profession-specific effects on themselves.
  • Add or remove any condition to a spawned DPS training golem.
  • Reset their cooldowns.
Additionally, squad leaders will be able to make these adjustments:
  • Add or remove boons and certain profession-specific effects on their entire team at once.
  • Reset the cooldowns of their entire team at once.
  • Toggle on or off a pulsing damage field that inflicts 2% total damage per second to all players in the immediate area.

Gonna have fun with this :getin:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

What's the Ad Infinitum t4 look like? Wiki isn't updated yet.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

What in the actual gently caress

Elementalist

• Fireball: The effect of this skill has been returned to its previous state. The damage of this skill has been increased by 17%.

The DPS boost nobody asked for?

:aaaaa:

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Go RV! posted:

What's the Ad Infinitum t4 look like? Wiki isn't updated yet.

You've seen it; it's what the asura in the fractal lab is wearing.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Wait, so we get a free 80?

...Which means I can get Glider Mastery right away?

Oh, it's time. It's time. My day has just been brightened. :allears:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

AnacondaHL posted:

Elementalist

• Fireball: The effect of this skill has been returned to its previous state. The damage of this skill has been increased by 17%.

gently caress yes :unsmigghh:

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Generic Octopus posted:

You've seen it; it's what the asura in the fractal lab is wearing.

I meant the newly added collection, not the model.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

• Fixed a bug in which adventure leaderboards had inconsistent daily and lifetime records. This fix also addressed an issue in which lifetime records cleared after the daily reset.

I'm stunned. This is everything I ever wanted.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.
Re: All these changes to prevent waypoints from becoming contested-- I might actually go back into HoT zones, you guys!

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

AnacondaHL posted:

Ahahaha, it's like ANet read my mind when I gave my first "Don't make me organize and do DPS checks" warning:

Gonna have fun with this :getin:

Time for me to git gud at tempest

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

AnacondaHL posted:

I'm actually excited about this. The things you can do in there sound really neat. Definitely a ton better than punching golems in the heart of the mists.

I'm also super glad I decided to wait on purchasing that 30 gold piece of cultural armor for the skin yesterday. Man I lucked out there. I might have to start playing wvw some, as these changes are really loving nice.

The things I was hoping for the most didn't happen though. A replacement for the ranger trap ranged placement trait, fixing the unobtainable skins from the wardrobe and alliances. But hey, literally everything in that patch is pretty drat solid.

Edit:

AnacondaHL posted:

I figured screenshots just wouldn't do this justice, so here's a SAB farewell recording for you all:

ArenaNet's Guild Hall SAB style
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVpZMzWLdYA

Oh yeah, that reminds me. This got cut off before we had a chat about some of the jumping puzzle stuff to get to the top of the goon guild hall. I forget who I was having it with, but they said they went up there recently. Apparently a lot of the cloud jp was missing, and they had to use the pumpkin stairs up the mountain. Those're a crapload of pumpkins to get up those mountains. Wouldn't it make more sense to let the cloud jp be the way to get to the sky, or did someone clear out the stuff up there without exploring around the mountain tops? Cause those pumpkins aren't exactly easy to see from the top of the cloud jp, and there are a poo poo ton of them last I checked.

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 19, 2016

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Edit:

poo poo, double post.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

AnacondaHL posted:

Elementalist

Guild Wars 2 has been saved.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Don't bother with world bosses or running in zergs. It's a crashfest.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Any trip reports from d/d ele's

With the chest reward changes, sounds like I need to spend a lot of money on keys!

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

The changes are great, but really no reason to go back if you got bored of the content in the first place. That being said, who wants to do cof p1?

It's amusing for me to see anet do a complete 180 on the whole "people want hot to be challenging" crap they were spewing at release. Between this and wildstar, it's like affirmation that catering to "hardcores" really doesn't get you anywhere. Everyone says they want hardcore, but nobody actually wants to be hardcore.

Does give me hope that ls3 will be fun to play.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

good news, backstab appears to be top power dps for thief again based on preliminary testing, kudos on changing the one thing that could bring me back anet. well played.

also what did i tell you about the free 80s.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

they made this patch just for you bird

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I'm deciding who to use my free 80 on. I have a Thief that I've gotten to about 30 and I like leveling as thief but if I'm bad at the game and wouldn't be as effective in PVP, should I use it on a fresh character and try another class like Warrior? I liked testing out Warrior in PVP. I have a Ranger that's like level 9 but I'm not sure if I 100% like. Definitely like melee more than ranged.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

knowonecanknow posted:

Time for me to git gud at tempest

I am about to make the sexiest spreadsheet I have ever made in my life. All Tempests are invited to partake in the sex.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

quote:

The “Slay the octovine!” event
Event rewards for slaying the octovine are now given all at once instead of individually. Participating in one “Slay the octovine!” event now gives improved rewards, but players will only be eligible for this reward once.

RIP the Dreggon method of doing Octovine event.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

AnacondaHL posted:

I am about to make the sexiest spreadsheet I have ever made in my life. All Tempests are invited to partake in the sex.

are you making a dps spreadsheet for the raid group, or just one for loving around dickwaving with tempest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

poo poo, i needed to be productive tonight

• Locked thread