Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

piuy will put on a bandana and helck will cannonball special him into alicia, breaking the spell over her

Piuy can fly on his own, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I started reading Helck a few days ago and I just got to the end of Helck's Past. Holy loving poo poo this rules.

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Roundabout just started playing in my head.

(to be honest, this is because Roundabout is amazing and I was reading the jojo's lps but still, fun stopping point)

booksnake fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 12, 2016

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Hypocrisy posted:

This chapter felt pretty filler but I guess it's nice to see behind the scenes of the bad guys.

you said the f word

edit: Seriously though, constant high tension is exhausting for most readers. We just got out of a long battle scene where most sympathetic characters came out worse for the wear, and we're gonna go into a battle where Helck will almost certainly have to face his mercenary girlfriend. Two chapters where "nothing happens" but the characters as well as the readers emotionally prep up for the stuff to come are pretty necessary.

a cartoon duck fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 12, 2016

KoB
May 1, 2009
Helck is here to smile and wear shirts.

and hes all out of shirts

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014

Hypocrisy posted:

I don't understand narrative structure.

):

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

booksnake posted:

Roundabout just started playing in my head.

(to be honest, this is because Roundabout is amazing and I was reading the jojo's lps but still, fun stopping point)

Oh, thank god it's not just me.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

boring chap

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Davincie posted:

boring chap

liar

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

here is the chapter in question

http://bato.to/reader#adc8c204ce8416c3

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I believe in you, Helck.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
We all believe.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

nooooooooooooooooo
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOT YET

COME ON

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I liked when Vamirio effortlessly dodged that dick's DEVIOUS SNEAK ATTACK THAT WOULD DRIVE HELCK TO DESPAIR.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I like the whole running theme of Helck trying so hard to protect everyone that he doesn't realize Vamirio isn't a damsel in distress.

He got so used to everyone dying around him that he can't see it not happening

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
If anything, he'll be the one who has to hold her back when she finds out about Azdora.

When it happens, Vamirio vs. Mikaros is probably going to look a lot like Mustang vs. Envy.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

The Sandman posted:

If anything, he'll be the one who has to hold her back when she finds out about Azdora.

When it happens, Vamirio vs. Mikaros is probably going to look a lot like Mustang vs. Envy.

god don't get my hopes up, that would be loving incredible.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Argh it's so painful waiting for the next chapter.

Interesting to note that Rafaed appears to have the same weird shadow teleport thing Mikaros has got going on.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He kind of has to have some way to teleport if he is gonna run out to fight Helck. Otherwise Helck would just run up to him very quickly and provide a savage beating. I would like to see that, but since this is a major villain he has to last for more than 30 seconds. Hence the teleporting.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

nooooooooooooooooo
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOT YET

COME ON

no its good the pacing is good lets do it

believe in helck

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

TriffTshngo posted:

god don't get my hopes up, that would be loving incredible.

I believe in Helck but I'm not sure that the series is gonna go for something that brutal. Unless it sets Helck up to save Vamirio from the same angerdespair thing.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Can't wait until Helck goes berserk and attacks Vamirio only to get his rear end kicked back to sanity.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Just as Vamirio will protect Helck's smile, he will protect her smile scowl.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

chumbler posted:

Just as Vamirio will protect Helck's smile, he will protect her smile scowl smug smirk.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Has Vamirio ever actually smiled in the manga before? (Her murderous slasher grin doesn't count)

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I am well aware that the events of what just transpired in the latest chapter was going to happen. I just didn't realize how much it hurts to see it, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

bman in 2288 posted:

I am well aware that the events of what just transpired in the latest chapter was going to happen. I just didn't realize how much it hurts to see it, though.

Believe in Helck and Vamirio.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Apr 20, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I like the whole running theme of Helck trying so hard to protect everyone that he doesn't realize Vamirio isn't a damsel in distress.

He got so used to everyone dying around him that he can't see it not happening

Yeah I love that Vamiro has never actually needed help.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Sandman posted:

Turns out it's hard to teleport around when everything is on fire.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like how Rafaed's motivation is basically fatalism. It's not really evil, but it's definitely not something that can be ignored or given a pass. He is clearly wrong, but still not really hateable.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's still fine guys

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I'm excited to finally see Vamirio and her stand, 「Burning Down the House」, really let loose in combat.

Everything's gonna be fiiiiiiiiiine.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

gonna crossfire hurricane some motherfuckers

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Is it actually teleportation? I'd assumed it was just the artist implying they're moving very fast but maybe I missed something

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Nah, it is teleporting. The alternative is having all these dipshits be faster than Helck. Nothing is faster than a Helck.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Next chapter prediction:

"Hahaha, you can't kill your old comrades, can you?"
"Remind me, is she the same as all other winged soldiers? I.e., she respawns after she dies? You do realise that in this case there's nothing stopping me from killing her and then punching your head clean off your shoulders, do you?"

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
"You do realize I can just regenerate afterwards too? And that getting both of us out of here won't really stop us or do much long term?"

Also, I'd assume they can stop the regeneration of a single individual, since the regeneration thing seems to a different spell than the mindless slave with powers one that almost all humans got. Otherwise, it makes no sense that Mikaros would have it at all along and be hundreds of years old.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Regeneration is not the same as resurrection. Mikaros doesn't go back to the save point when he gets mortally wounded. Awakened humans don't regrow lost body parts on the spot.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh, so...Rafaed is a physical type hero. He moves fast but he's not flat out teleporting like Mikaros does. I guess that's why Mikaros gets sent to the front lines more. He can escape more easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Mikl posted:

Next chapter prediction:

"Hahaha, you can't kill your old comrades, can you?"
"Remind me, is she the same as all other winged soldiers? I.e., she respawns after she dies? You do realise that in this case there's nothing stopping me from killing her and then punching your head clean off your shoulders, do you?"

That would be extremely un-Helck-like. No one, least of all a man of heart like Helck, is gonna think yeah I'll just casually beat my girlfriend to a bloody pulp because she'll be fine afterwards, no biggie.

I just want Helck to hug the mercenary lady and then she'll go to normal and everyone will be happy, forever.

• Locked thread