Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

housefly posted:

To be clear, I'm not pointing to Remote Play being at fault for the breach. It just revealed that my account was otherwise hacked and the primary had been set to another system. They got my info somehow. I've done all the password changes, etc, so I'm not going to dwell on that. That part is rectified. I'm just letting people here know HOW I found out about it so they can do the same and make sure they haven't been hacked. Doing some Google searches this appears to be happening and discovered by a fair number of other players since they activated Remote Play for PCs and Macs.

I see. I thought the concern was Remote Play, itself. In any case (and particularly since it sounds like we haven't determined the original cause of the breach), you ought to still check whether or not your credentials may have been involved in another unrelated hack. It could mean other potential headaches later on with other, more lucrative accounts (e.g. Amazon, Bank of America).

I regularly recommend to my friends and contacts that they never reuse passwords. Use a password manager so that every account has a uniquely generated password.

And yes, I agree that Sony (and any company that deals with consumer financial information) needs to implement some form of 2FA/TOTP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

housefly posted:

This isn't instilling a lot of confidence that they have their poo poo together these days.
which part of sony's store/backend/support does instill you with confidence that they have their poo poo together?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Awesome! posted:

which part of sony's store/backend/support does instill you with confidence that they have their poo poo together?

The part that accidentally gives us expensive items for free/cheap sometimes.

Wait

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

Point taken. I just figured after the big kerfuffle with the data breach a while back they'd have put some fixes in place.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I just wanna tell you guys how excited I am that we're getting another Grand Theft Auto sale this week.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

barren_sky posted:

I just wanna tell you guys how excited I am that we're getting another Grand Theft Auto sale this week.

Ha

Does anyone post new releases anymore or are we really so lost without Y?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No, and yes. :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

doesnt the ps blog post a pretty good update now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Super No Vacancy posted:

doesnt the ps blog post a pretty good update now

Oh yeah? Cool we should all promise to link it if we see that its updated

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
What happened to Yechezkel?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What happened to the OP? Did he grow fatally prodromal from posting deals?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Called it quits, though no longer banned, so who knows?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

His last post in here was about The Division open beta and then he committed forums suicide. That's the power of Ubisoft.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
The closed beta for upcoming NIS game Grand Kingdom will be May 3-9 (same as Overwatch).
You can sign up to get a beta key here.

It's going to be cross-platform PS4 and Vita, but the beta is PS4-only.
Beta saves will transfer to the full version PS4 game, but saves are not cross-platform, so no porting your beta save to a Vita.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

barren_sky posted:

Don't forget there is also a Atlus sale...those never go on sale!

Seriously hope we get a flash deal, as the sales been poo poo for a while.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Hey at least we get a "new" Shantae this week.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

All we need now is 33% off Call of Duty Advanced Warfare and 25% off The Division!

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Went to check the blog to see if there was a release post up and caught this instead: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/19/pyre-on-ps4-revealed-from-the-creators-of-transistor-and-bastion/

Pyre is a new game by the Bastion and Transistor devs, due out next year, but given their track record and such it'll probably be good with a great soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax8MeXcMlNo

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

looks really good i am excited to find out more

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

MisterAlex posted:

The closed beta for upcoming NIS game Grand Kingdom will be May 3-9 (same as Overwatch).
You can sign up to get a beta key here.

It's going to be cross-platform PS4 and Vita, but the beta is PS4-only.
Beta saves will transfer to the full version PS4 game, but saves are not cross-platform, so no porting your beta save to a Vita.

Thanks for posting this in the spirit of Yech.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Has anyone given Aternoblade a spin. It looks decent enough, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Watrick posted:

Has anyone given Aternoblade a spin. It looks decent enough, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.

I played a demo of it on 3DS ages ago and I remember nothing other than it's incredibly janky and unfun.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
On a whim I dropped $2 on PieceFall and I'm solidly enjoying it. It's basically 3D tetris as a one-depth puzzle game where you get a specific set of Tetris pieces and a gameboard and have to square it up. While it takes a few to get used to their limited and focused rotation controls, it's easy to just lay back and try and think your way to a solution. No big failure penalties and mostly just chill out atmosphere.

For a few bucks it's been great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vIORHIkOig

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

axleblaze posted:

Hey at least we get a "new" Shantae this week.

That game is really good.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Is psn ever going to have a good sale again?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dunno

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

probably

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Haven't you bought GTAV at not a significant discount yet

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Reverse Centaur posted:

never

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Harlock posted:

Haven't you bought GTAV at not a significant discount yet

Only three times (360, ps4 physical, ps4 digital)

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

Reverse Centaur posted:

the ps4k apology sale, and even then it might just be another gta sale

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
This weekend or next may be a flash sale and it may or may not be good.

There are almost always at least three games I want/pick up in those.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yes, there will never be a good sale on pan. It's been like two whole weeks since they had some interesting deals so surely this is a sign that Sony now hates us and will never put anything but GTA, Atlus games, Assassins Creed games and COD games on sale again.

This loving thread sometimes...

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

axleblaze posted:

Yes, there will never be a good sale on pan. It's been like two whole weeks since they had some interesting deals so surely this is a sign that Sony now hates us and will never put anything but GTA, Atlus games, Assassins Creed games and COD games on sale again.

Or maybe perhaps it was tongue in cheek.

The last psn sale game I bought was Rory McIlroy PGA Tour. Not my best decision.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

axleblaze posted:

Hey at least with my PSTV I can actually use those ratty old PSP games that keep coming up.

(I never actually play more than a few minutes though)

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/19/the-last-blade-2-strikes-ps4-ps-vita-on-may-24/

The Last Blade 2 is coming to PS4/Vita, comes with new characters, online, cross-play.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Reverse Centaur posted:

I just called Sony and they said no.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Huge EU sale, some 170ish games for PS4, PS3 and Vita. Includes good poo poo like Firewatch and Life is Strange. The latest Senran Kagura is only on sale for Vita, not for PS4 for some reason; most other multiplats are on sale on all platforms.

https://psprices.com/region-de/index

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Dang, Mad Max for 18 (with Plus) is about the price point I've been waiting for. It's been on sale a lot lately, but always for about twice that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/19/the-last-blade-2-strikes-ps4-ps-vita-on-may-24/

The Last Blade 2 is coming to PS4/Vita, comes with new characters, online, cross-play.

This is amazing news.

Edit: Just to be clear, there are no new characters; the article was talking about its differences from the first game. It's probably a copy-pasted blurb they took from some promotional materials.

• Locked thread