Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Magres posted:

are you making a dps spreadsheet for the raid group, or just one for loving around dickwaving with tempest

Sounds like the latter, but it can probably devolve into both. Let's nip this bud before it gets crazy.

That being said now I can finally take my theory crafting to the next level. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
SFD will also be doing a spreadsheet, basically it will tally how much gold per second you owe arus for his new set of legendary armour.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

backstab quick pockets is so good take me now mike o all is forgiven

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I picked a good day to come back.

First time playing at 90 fps. :pcgaming:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lyer posted:

It's amusing for me to see anet do a complete 180 on the whole "people want hot to be challenging" crap they were spewing at release. Between this and wildstar, it's like affirmation that catering to "hardcores" really doesn't get you anywhere.

so true, it rules

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Lyer posted:

It's amusing for me to see anet do a complete 180 on the whole "people want hot to be challenging" crap they were spewing at release. Between this and wildstar, it's like affirmation that catering to "hardcores" really doesn't get you anywhere. Everyone says they want hardcore, but nobody actually wants to be hardcore.

The fact that multiple developers have fallen into the trap of listening to the most shrill 1% of their player base when wondered by the other 99% got pissed off makes me appreciate just how much in a bubble most developers are.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Magres posted:

are you making a dps spreadsheet for the raid group, or just one for loving around dickwaving with tempest

all the dicks

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

:lol: if you actually have a dps spreadsheet

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
so far ive mostly just dickwaved with skaazi in discord and called him a cheater for beating me (glyph of elementals is cheating if you use rebound in the raid :colbert:)

you can nerd out about dps without it all turning to poo poo

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 19, 2016

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

:lol: if you actually have a dps spreadsheet

I'd want one just so I could rub pistol/pistol thief damage in people's faces

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

oh right I forgot which thread this was, bye again while I go gush to different people about how cool + good + fun backstab is again

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Oh wow this looks like a really good patch.

Except for the skyhammer nerf. Boooo

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

oh right I forgot which thread this was, bye again while I go gush to different people about how cool + good + fun backstab is again

Bye :confused:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lyer posted:

I'd want one just so I could rub pistol/pistol thief damage in people's faces

You can use a Powerpoint file only for DPS. Please include pie charts.

lmao that was pretty fast

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
As a total and utter casual who usualy just logs in to do dailies and TP trade, thanks for the free 80! Now I can spend my tomes on other characters :3

Do you all think Silverwastes is still the go-to for money now, or do the new dungeon rules change that?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Every wvw rank chest gives you a tome now, I have hundreds from unopened chests.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

ceaselessfuture posted:

As a total and utter casual who usualy just logs in to do dailies and TP trade, thanks for the free 80! Now I can spend my tomes on other characters :3

Do you all think Silverwastes is still the go-to for money now, or do the new dungeon rules change that?

Well if you do SW long enough you'll want to shoot yourself in the brain so a mix of all would be ideal.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
If you're measuring your personal amount of dicks in intervals of seconds with a spreadsheet to keep track of it, you might need some jesus.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
So, is unlocking elite specs for ten characters any less of a grind now?

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Lyer posted:

It's amusing for me to see anet do a complete 180 on the whole "people want hot to be challenging" crap they were spewing at release. Between this and wildstar, it's like affirmation that catering to "hardcores" really doesn't get you anywhere. Everyone says they want hardcore, but nobody actually wants to be hardcore.
HoT wasn't challenging at release as much as it was grindy and tedious. Unfortunately, people tend to conflate those things, both as players and developers.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

Every wvw rank chest gives you a tome now, I have hundreds from unopened chests.

Did they put alpine bl back?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
The wvw reward stuff is beta but its already good, a whole bunch of extra stuff is being added soonish.

Rand Brittain posted:

So, is unlocking elite specs for ten characters any less of a grind now?

Yup.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Did they put alpine bl back?

The borderlands have changed quite a bit, according to the leak the BL will be put back in 2 weeks after today. Im guessing they wanted to show off their work first.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh man can't wait to do WvW :D

Maybe I'll level a thief with the tome thing.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

The wvw reward stuff is beta but its already good, a whole bunch of extra stuff is being added soonish.

Yup.

The borderlands have changed quite a bit, according to the leak the BL will be put back in 2 weeks after today. Im guessing they wanted to show off their work first.

well ok cool, I'm looking forward to playing tonight!

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I am ready for hobo dinner

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Lyer posted:

Oh my god how bad are the tears on the official forums

How much salt is there

...'Cause I'm not checking.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Oh my god how bad are the tears on the official forums

How much salt is there

...'Cause I'm not checking.

i dunno, but reddit is jumping for joy over the patch and if reddit is happy about poo poo being reversed, well...

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
About the worst criticism on the official forums I can find:

guildwarrior.6304 posted:

As happy as I am about the patch, I can’t help but feel after so much hard work and labor we’ve gone through, it’s now just being handed out to everyone on a silver platter. So much gold, gems, time spent and now it’s being given out for free. Thanks though?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

guildwarrior.6304 sounds like Clankus's alt account

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

backstab quick pockets is so good take me now mike o all is forgiven

Did they just buff backstab a ton or something?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

malhavok posted:

Did they just buff backstab a ton or something?

There's a new stacking buff and it's balanced such that you have +15% damage all the time and also more heartseeker because you don't need to keep initiative anymore.

quote:

Lead Attacks: This trait has been reworked and now grants 1% damage and condition damage per initiative spent for 15 seconds. This effect has a maximum of 15%.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Alright I suppose I'll reinstall this sucker.

Oh wait I haven't bought the xpack. Hmm.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

there's always at least one

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I've played for like 2 hours and made 20 gold. :stare:

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Genuinely surprised there isn't an uproar about the soft dps meters they put in. Having performance judged tends to send some snowflakes over the edge.

Making it raid/squad only must help.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Patch is Good

quote:

Events in the Heart of Thorns maps are no longer subject to diminishing returns for their rewards.
lol that this was even a thing in the first place though

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

Alteisen posted:

I've played for like 2 hours and made 20 gold. :stare:

Doing what?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Cletus pays me 20g/hour just for existing

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ExHumus posted:

Doing what?

Tequalt and a dungeon tour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Cletus pays me 20g/hour just for existing

That's just your gravitational pull attracting the gold.

• Locked thread