Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

coconono posted:

you could tell the 4limbed fighter is totally stuck in a moral quandary the entire fight. Being known as the guy that beat the absolute dogshit out of a dude with no arms and legs can't be a good career move.

Being the dude who lost would be a lot worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Sanguinia posted:

Puder's situation is interesting to me because it seems like Vince could have gone either way and saw the kid as exactly the kind of ruthless cut-throat who will do anything to be a big star and make money that he seems to want when he whines that the Millennials aren't grabbing the Brass Ring. Instead he just saw a punk going into business for himself who needed to be broken for it.

I mean, the story goes that when he had to fire Daniel Bryan he was impressed because Bryan just said that was great because it would make him a ton of money on the Indy circuit exploiting that he was too hardcore for WWE. It seems at least somewhat similar in terms of mindset.

Yes but Puder was worthless while Bryan was one of the best wrestlers in the world (RIP).

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/722515493077127168

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
it will suck if the real fighter retired but it would rule if cm punk retired

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Dude CM Punk is gonna Main UFC200~!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Fortunately this doesn't preclude going down to Sacramento and fighting Dan Quinn in a cage. Imagine Punk validating both Stevia and The Violin in one night. Speak on it, Paul Heyman.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
He finally figured out the business, bless him.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Discount Trombones posted:

He finally figured out the business, bless him.

Is Punk the Kevin Nash of MMA?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Is Punk the Kevin Nash of MMA?

Punk recreating the Fingerpoke of Doom in his first UFC fight would be awesome.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

BGrifter posted:

Punk recreating the Fingerpoke of Doom in his first UFC fight would be awesome.

http://youtu.be/alLmQFx801M

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I'm gonna put this into context for the MMA guys in this here thread.

Months after Punk walked out of the WWE after the '14 Rumble he did an interview where he explained why he did so. During the interview he mentioned that he had a nasty MRSA infection during his last couple moths with the company. It started as a subcutaneous cyst the "size of a baseball" that the doctor refused to cut out due to reasons unknown. He mentioned having it during the Rumble and that his trunks were sitting on it the whole time so it felt like it was going to explode. A couple days later he was on a radio show and showed the scar where the cyst was drained.

The doctor then sued Punk for slamming him in the interview and WWE put out this video of crash zooms on Punk's rear end trying to prove there were no baseball sized lumps to be seen.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This man, this man he got no baseball on his rear end.

RagingHematoma
Apr 19, 2004

Goiters can be beautiful too!
Is CM Punk ever going to fight?

How long will they allow this to go on?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

CM Punk is never going to fight

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It looks doubtful. Meltzer said recently that he's not progressing well at all. That he's no longer talking to the media and there's still no date just about halfway through the year (and so close to their biggest event) is damning. I'd give it a few more months; if there's still no date announced by then, the "he's never fighting" crew are right.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I hope he never fights and gets lots of time to gently caress around and get free medical care

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

oldpainless posted:

CM Punk is never going to fight

This was true from day one, but the whole thing got me into MMA, so I can't hate it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

It looks doubtful. Meltzer said recently that he's not progressing well at all. That he's no longer talking to the media and there's still no date just about halfway through the year (and so close to their biggest event) is damning. I'd give it a few more months; if there's still no date announced by then, the "he's never fighting" crew are right.

He's been reported as doing ok considering how late he came into it (which is because he's getting the absolute best and most attentive training available) but way under any level to be competitive in UFC or anything outisde of amateur MMA and it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Mickey Gall will wreck him. Punk has to know it too, and despite what he's said he's not gonna want to get embarrassed in front of a crowd like that cause he's a huge egotist but not an idiot. They'll put out a statement saying he's too injured to fight or couldn't come to an agreement on something

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I hope he makes a surprise comeback, ends up on UFC 202 or something, then some guy off the street beats the poo poo out of him

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Mickey Gall will wreck him. Punk has to know it too, and despite what he's said he's not gonna want to get embarrassed in front of a crowd like that cause he's a huge egotist but not an idiot.

I understand CM Punk already has a lot of money from WWE but he would make a shitload of cash for his single UFC fight. Even if he gets stopped in 30 seconds which is probably what would happen, that's a million dollars for his troubles.

Like it's already going to be embarrassing and hurtful to his ego if he never fights in UFC, might as well do it once and collect a massive paycheck.

The only thing I would believe is if he does continue to get injured while training, meaning his body just seriously can not handle fighting, then he shouldn't do it.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
He had a good run.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

There's still time for Punk to legally kill Dan Quinn in a cage, though.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

He had a good run.

CM punk retires from UFC undefeated

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Bubba Smith posted:

I understand CM Punk already has a lot of money from WWE but he would make a shitload of cash for his single UFC fight. Even if he gets stopped in 30 seconds which is probably what would happen, that's a million dollars for his troubles.

Like it's already going to be embarrassing and hurtful to his ego if he never fights in UFC, might as well do it once and collect a massive paycheck.

The only thing I would believe is if he does continue to get injured while training, meaning his body just seriously can not handle fighting, then he shouldn't do it.

Maybe he only wants to fight if he can do it at UFC 200 so he can be part of a big historic PPV and make the biggest possible paycheck for that one fight like Brock did at UFC 100 and everything else was just bluster related to getting him on that particular show.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oldpainless posted:

greatest of all time in wrestling and mma

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Can't believe a long standing back injury suddenly robbed us of the greatest fight of all time on short notice.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Anyone who could have predicted this must be really smart. And handsome.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

oldpainless posted:

Or retires the worst since he's never won a fight.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/733707331767275520

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I hope he yells WHAT DO MY KNUCKLES SAY out of the car

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Oh many cops could UFC superstar C M Punk beat up?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Eleven

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mickie Gall could take 20 tho.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
YOu didn't let me finish.

Riot vans. CM Punk could beat up eleven riot vans.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

Gonzo McFee posted:

YOu didn't let me finish.

Riot vans. CM Punk could beat up eleven riot vans.

"If it isn't my old nemesis, A TRUCK"

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Discount Trombones posted:

"If it isn't my old nemesis, A TRUCK"

I didnt realize CM Punk had been training with the Nogs

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sanguinia posted:

Puder's situation is interesting to me because it seems like Vince could have gone either way and saw the kid as exactly the kind of ruthless cut-throat who will do anything to be a big star and make money that he seems to want when he whines that the Millennials aren't grabbing the Brass Ring. Instead he just saw a punk going into business for himself who needed to be broken for it.

That reaction was pretty much guaranteed. Putting aside the fact that Vince decided to wreck his semi-reality show at the last minute because the guy who won (Loki) dared to celebrate unscripted in "his ring," there is nevertheless an unwritten rule in pro wrestling that you do not go into business for yourself, and especially not on live TV. To highlight this, Butterbean, who provided the greatest WWE shoot fight memory of all time, actually wanted to get into pro wrestling and saw Brawl for All as his chance. He actively told Vince he would throw the fight, but Vince insisted it be a shoot, and then Bart Gunn. Afterwards he got the cold shoulder from everyone for daring to humiliate one of the boys on a ppv even though he was basically told to do so.

Puder was doomed the moment he tried to break Angle's arm and he should've just left the business after that.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

eh, he still had a new japan run that is funny in hindsight

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

I didnt realize CM Punk had been training with the Nogs

Reported for racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

https://twitter.com/iChloe88/status/733707635522994176

Disappointed I had to go on to Twitter to find this joke.

• Locked thread