Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Uh oh. I'm at the Church of Yorshka bonfire, just hitting stuff in the background when I hit some statues and a man like Yoel popped out! I hurt him, but didn't kill him. I could talk to him but I died shortly after from an invader. Now he's not there, or most likely transformed back into a statue. Is THIS the person I'm not supposed to kill for Yuria? Did I screw anything up by only hitting him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

nameless king is impossible for me

maybe not impossible for anyone, but the level of coordination and time I'd have to put into it just doesn't feel worth it any more. I'm getting serious "WoW Raiding" level vibes from it where the first 2-3 minutes is easy garbage just to get to the part where you die, but to get to that part you have to do the easy part over and over and over.

2 phase lifebar fights can suck my drat balls

20 wipes total
no more than 2 wipes on any boss elsewhere in the game, no summons

pyromancy can beat most of the game, just not this :rip:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Uh oh. I'm at the Church of Yorshka bonfire, just hitting stuff in the background when I hit some statues and a man like Yoel popped out! I hurt him, but didn't kill him. I could talk to him but I died shortly after from an invader. Now he's not there, or most likely transformed back into a statue. Is THIS the person I'm not supposed to kill for Yuria? Did I screw anything up by only hitting him?

Yes and maybe. You didn't kill or aggro him so you might still be fine.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Am I going the wrong way? I went to an area with maggot creatures after defeating the boss with the big hat and I'm having serious trouble getting through here. It doesn't help that there are almost no summon signs at all near the bonfire. Should I be going back and trying a different route in that swampy area with the crabs?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Well, tonight was the most fun single night of Dark Souls I've had in a long time. I hope Blue Sentinel/Darkmoon starts working for more people because it is an absolute blast when it's going well.

I never thought I'd be the guy to win a two-on-one right after killing three other invaders all in the same host's world but that felt loving good.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Reason posted:

Am I going the wrong way? I went to an area with maggot creatures after defeating the boss with the big hat and I'm having serious trouble getting through here. It doesn't help that there are almost no summon signs at all near the bonfire. Should I be going back and trying a different route in that swampy area with the crabs?

You have to go here eventually, it's not a problem if you do this area first. Pro-tip for dealing with maggot creatures: go back and buy the torch. It stun-locks them. Also, pulling the torch out knocks the maggots off of you.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

deacons are far and away the easiest boss.

What I like about this series, and Bloodborne as well, is that everyone has wildly varying opinions on boss difficulty. Of course there are some that are pretty universally easy/hard, but so much of the time I breeze through a boss that someone who has beaten other souls games on NG+7 (or whatever) has trouble with, and then I get absolutely stomped by bosses that the internet seems to regard as cake.

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with play style/builds, but it just makes me laugh that so many people say"X boss is the easiest in the game I didn't take any damage, but goddamn Y boss is such bullshit!"

immortal flow
Jun 6, 2003
boing boing boing
Nameless King phase 2 was a brick wall for me until I traded in the Demons Greataxe for..... the Broadsword.

Fast swings are best, you need some insane timing skills to sneak in large weapon swing between his attacks.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Deacons may be the easiest fight or they may be the hardest but one thing is for sure: deacons is a cool rear end fight

Plus you get the pope gear afterwards, so it's nice for faith builds.

e: Broadsword is so ridiculously good, as its always been. Easily in the top 5 most efficient weapons in the game. I hate it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just got 100k souls blitzing through all of Irithyll with a rotating group of phantoms, fighting off three red invaders. Hot drat that's a good area.

e: Also was the Pontiff the Darklurker? I sure got that vibe.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I just got 100k souls blitzing through all of Irithyll with a rotating group of phantoms, fighting off three red invaders. Hot drat that's a good area.

e: Also was the Pontiff the Darklurker? I sure got that vibe.

Nah, Pontiff was just some sorcerer who got wrapped up with Aldrich and was a huge dick.

Also if you wore Way of Blue during that Irithyll run you have my thanks.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Irithyll is my favorite place to PvP

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So there's some stuff in the lava not far from where you meet Knight Slayer Tsorig. Am i just supposed to put on my best fire resist gear, slap on Flash Sweat, and rush over to them, or is there a trick like you could do in the Old Iron King's castle in DS2?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Babe Magnet posted:

e: how do you embed a webm

You just post it and if the url ends in .webm (or .mp4?) it just appears.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Does it not appear if I preview?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Harrow posted:

Nah, Pontiff was just some sorcerer who got wrapped up with Aldrich and was a huge dick.

Also if you wore Way of Blue during that Irithyll run you have my thanks.

I sure did! I keep it on all the time when I summon.

I was Battlemage Io (too bad about the mage part :v:) if one of the sentinels was you.

Also is the Greatsword of Judgment as powerful as it looks, because it looks awesome.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Babe Magnet posted:

Does it not appear if I preview?

correct, you have to post before it will appear, but it does appear

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Don't believe them, they're trying to make you look like a posting fool.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

I sure did! I keep it on all the time when I summon.

I was Battlemage Io (too bad about the mage part :v:) if one of the sentinels was you.

Also is the Greatsword of Judgment as powerful as it looks, because it looks awesome.

If a Blue Sentinel or Darkmoon named Alden showed up that was me. I switched from Bluecop to Darkmoon once I got that covenant, not that there's a real difference.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
rude

here is an example wubbum, quote post to see lack of special things

https://zippy.gfycat.com/RipeObedientGardensnake.webm

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Thank you friend.

Genocyber posted:

Don't believe them, they're trying to make you look like a posting fool.

I don't need any help with that.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Babe Magnet posted:

No. You buy the dark hand from Yuria.

They drop the Dank Sword though.

I totally forgot that I lucked out and got the Dark Sword from the first one I killed. I just gave it a try, and it does seem stupidly OP. Fast, little stamina use, and staggers the poo poo out of anything it hits.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Dank Sword is so good. Soooo goood.

e: if any of ya'll are ever invaded by a purple pro named Unsubaka or Fugitivus, better run, imma getcha

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Its immensely frustrating that DS3 just won't let me use some keys on my numpad for remapping. I could comfortably play it if it just read my numpad's + key, but it doesn't. It reads the enter key below it though for some inexplicable reason. I even tried using some external program to remap the + key, which works for everything other than DS3 which still knows I'm pressing the + key somehow and won't accept it.

loving weapon arts requiring me to hold down buttons :negative:

Lotish posted:

So there's some stuff in the lava not far from where you meet Knight Slayer Tsorig. Am i just supposed to put on my best fire resist gear, slap on Flash Sweat, and rush over to them, or is there a trick like you could do in the Old Iron King's castle in DS2?

Slap on your best fire resist gear, cast profuse sweat, eat red bug pellets, burn to death because the magma still does insane damage.

Seriously, its stupid. You pretty much have to chug estus every other second while moving through the magma to not die. And if your health pool isn't large enough, it probably wont be enough to reach the loot.

VVV You are missing a shortcut to the bonfire earlier in the level. Try going left from his fog door.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Am I missing something or is this run back to Pontiff Sulyvahn for real? Like, is this some sort of loving joke?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
You mean the leisurely jog through a gate, past a couple invisoservants and 1 knight guy? Maybe 2?

Soral
May 30, 2009

sandoz posted:

Am I missing something or is this run back to Pontiff Sulyvahn for real? Like, is this some sort of loving joke?

dont sign your posts

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

After you clear the scythe lady and the shield lady from the area right in front of the door, keep going. So like, look at the fog gate, and go left. You can swing around and open a gate there right next to the church bonfire.

Kubert
Aug 9, 2010
You are missing a shortcut that leads to a bonfire you have already visited

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I cannot for the loving life of me get Dried Finger+Way of the Blue to work anywhere. I can invade someone faster than you can finish the red orb animation though.

However there's a handful of 3-4 player squads who ARE getting dried finger to work as they fish for invaders. Usually consists of 1 mage, 1 sweep weapon, and 1 focus weapon with a wild card if there's a fourth. Generally their strat is one guy fishes for you to walk in, then they try to surround and all attack you slightly offset.

I've avoided PvP all 3 games pretty much, so it wrecks me.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

sandoz posted:

Walk past his door and down the stairs. There's a shortcut right there.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

back to pontiff sulyvahn? friend, are you for real?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Its immensely frustrating that DS3 just won't let me use some keys on my numpad for remapping. I could comfortably play it if it just read my numpad's + key, but it doesn't. It reads the enter key below it though for some inexplicable reason. I even tried using some external program to remap the + key, which works for everything other than DS3 which still knows I'm pressing the + key somehow and won't accept it.

loving weapon arts requiring me to hold down buttons :negative:

Slap on your best fire resist gear, cast profuse sweat, eat red bug pellets, burn to death because the magma still does insane damage.

Seriously, its stupid. You pretty much have to chug estus every other second while moving through the magma to not die. And if your health pool isn't large enough, it probably wont be enough to reach the loot.

VVV You are missing a shortcut to the bonfire earlier in the level. Try going left from his fog door.

All I had to do was cast Flash Sweat and drink an estus ever 3-4 steps. Might need to back to the bonfire in between items.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I'm sunbroing at ponti sully since people have trouble at him (SL 58) I can get through phase 1 without getting hit once :buddy:

Also Lighting Stake is fuckin DOPE for when hes summoning his buddy. Fuckin two birds one stone

I just had one with a t-pose host where the boss didnt do any animations on my end, so we just cornered him and I staked him into oblivion

E: also the second part's music is probably my favorite.

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 20, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I ended up setting up an impromptu fight club in the area after Pontiff Sulyvahn, hoping that the Dark Spirits and the Mad Spirits would keep each other busy long enough for me to summon people to help me through the area.

It didn't work, but it was pretty fun so whatever

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
what (Sirris npc quest spoiler, I guess)

lore???

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

turtlecrunch posted:

what (Sirris npc quest spoiler, I guess)

lore???

Pate was innocent.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Harrow posted:

Walk past his door and down the stairs. There's a shortcut right there.

I do regret having phantoms for Pontiff because it looked like a cool fight, but we just withered the poor dude. I'll just co-op about for it later I guess.

Also apparently I missed the dungeon, so that's a nuisance.

e: Also I don't feel bad about using a guide to get the Hollow ending because it seems like a pain if you're not aware of it and I want to do it just this once and blaze through on my other characters.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 20, 2016

Captain Queernabs
Dec 25, 2005

Fig. 1: bonehorse
Pillbug
I just made it to the Crucifixion Swamps and I live in constant fear (doesn't help that I have a real-life fear of crabs). I'm mostly relying on moving extremely slowly and poking goons from afar with the longbow, engaging heavies with two or three Heavy Soul Arrows while retreating , and then finishing the job with the fire uchi +3, but I'm starting to think my INT/DEX built isn't quite where it needs to be.

Current stat block is:
vigor 9
att 18
endurance 9
vit 10
str 12
dex 21
int 26
faith 7
luck 14

Obviously I need to pour my next dozen or so levels into Vigor, but I'm curious when I first get access to respec and/or if there's anything quick and easy I can do to change my life. At what level does DEX scaling start to outweigh what I get from the fire gem bonus on the Uchi? Should I invest in Magic Greatsword (since I think Magic Weapon buffs don't work on infused weapons)? Do I just need to go farm the blue knight next to the cathedral where you join the Blue Sentinels until I have enough health to not shatter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

argondamn posted:

Pate was innocent.

What are you talking about, Patches is in the game too.