Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I got invaded by JewBBQ1942 so I'm really glad this game has an extensive name censor

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I got invaded by JewBBQ1942 so I'm really glad this game has an extensive name censor

:jebstare:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

it'll be insanely sick if the dlc is about Gertrude aka the angel lady and we have to go to heaven where it just turns into dark souls bayonetta

theres lots of backstories the dlc could cover and im glad therrs gonna be two of em

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

For whoever played DS1 at release how hype was the DLC? Like did people lose their minds about being able to fight/meet the other three knights of Gwyn. That must have been cool

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

For whoever played DS1 at release how hype was the DLC? Like did people lose their minds about being able to fight/meet the other three knights of Gwyn. That must have been cool

the start of the artorias boss fight going in blind is still probably the biggest "oh poo poo" moment of the souls series for me

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I think one of the DLC's is going to deal with the Sunless Realms.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

I think one of the DLC's is going to deal with the Sunless Realms.

i think anor londo and its cities are the sunless realms since theyre permanently moonlit and sirris is a darkmoon blade

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Apr 20, 2016

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There is almost definitely going to be a DLC about the Abyss considering all the Abyss and Dark corruption happening in the game

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Full nameless king regalia: check :smug:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i killed the corrupted king, and explored the evolving chain of secrets behind his boss fight. i basically never stopped saying "oh poo poo!"

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
champion was really hard, but also satisfying. i love his loving twisty head, and super kick.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also, re corrupted king: what's the deal with the baby crying in the background? is there some hidden aspect to the fight that i missed?.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

Walking into the Artorias fight and processing the name above the HP bar made me say 'Oh my loving God dude' out loud to meself.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still don't know a single bit of story in any of these games so I only said Oh poo poo when artorias busted out the most insanely sick moveset ever

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

also, re corrupted king: what's the deal with the baby crying in the background? is there some hidden aspect to the fight that i missed?.

did you notice his dialogue or hand motions, or remember that half dragon babies can be invisible

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ocellloooOOOTTTEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So is Ocelotte actually there. I thought he was just uh, consumed.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

scary ghost dog posted:

did you notice his dialogue or hand motions, or remember that half dragon babies can be invisible

i forgot about that last thing. the hand motion makes sense now. can you kill it, like priscilla?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just killed The Goddamn Pope. That was an intense fight, I'm glad I didn't resort to summoning

Soral
May 30, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

champion was really hard, but also satisfying. i love his loving twisty head, and super kick.

his cqc moves were cool. i liked the shoulder check and the big kick

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

it'll be insanely sick if the dlc is about Gertrude aka the angel lady and we have to go to heaven where it just turns into dark souls bayonetta

Judging by the statues in Lothric looks like the angels are primordial serpents. Let's kill them all no gods no masters

Soral
May 30, 2009

the dlc will be about the deep i hope. i want another water level since the bloodborne dlc was so insanely good

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Just so you all know the newly buffed Astora Greatsword is incredible. It's an ultra greatsword with a claymore move set and a spear charge weapon art and it is beautiful.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Soral posted:

the dlc will be about the deep i hope. i want another water level since the bloodborne dlc was so insanely good

You can see the ocean from the Stray Demon bridge. Very ominous

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The next area you reach after Pontiff :stare:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

The next area you reach after Pontiff :stare:

I spent a couple hours there tonight being a Darkmoon Blade and it owned.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Anyone check out the boardgame the battle system looks tight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOM3OCAQMP8

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Soral posted:

I wanna go to Londor!

*bangs fists on table*

I wanna go to Londor!

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Bedlamdan posted:

I wanna go to Londor!

*bangs fists on table*

I wanna go to Londor!

We've already been. Going back would be cool though

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
loving crow dudes can eat a dick i hate them so much

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Bring back the bone fist From. Give us the snake man axe-on-a-chain too while you're at it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Doctor Goat posted:

loving crow dudes can eat a dick i hate them so much

theres a big group of them on the roof of the archives that killed me like 7 or 8 times in a row

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I have revisited every single undead bone shard location using a video guide. All of them are gone, none are in my inventory but my bonfire is still 1 short of max. This is driving me crazy..

Soral
May 30, 2009

did you give one to pump a rum and then forget about it ?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
what does the crow take? everything i've dropped in its nest ain't pump a rum.

spent most of grand archives getting harassed by one dude. took forever to get him to fight me straight instead of baiting out other enemies. every time he rushed out of my range and expected me to follow him i just patches squatted until he came back.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

i think anor londo and its cities are the sunless realms since theyre permanently moonlit and sirris is a darkmoon blade

Anor Londo's dead with no signs of civilization other than Aldrich's Deep cult, though. I think the Moon and the Deep are opposing forces, and possibly the same as, the Sun and the Dark, and Sirris is from a Sunless Realm that has an actual civilization, regiments of knights, etc.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Apr 20, 2016

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

i think irithyll is the city surrounding anor londo after the painted world started leaking.....the description for the irithyllian face preset says theyre all descendants of the gods

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Apr 20, 2016

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

i think irithyll is the city surrounding anor londo after the painted world started leaking.....the description for the irithyllian face preset says theyre all descendants of the gods

I assumed that Irithyll was the city that Sulivyhan built on-top of Anor Londo's bones once he took over from Gwyndolin, but I don't remember if I came across anything that contradicted that.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 20, 2016

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm thankfully past this point but yall should probably have some courtesy and spoiler that poo poo ...... the Boreal Valley = Anor Londo reveal is a pretty good bomb that gets dropped and I wouldn't wanna ruin that for anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
what the gently caress guys spoiler that

• Locked thread