Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bloodborne was kind of at a disadvantage because the way invasions worked were really bad for the invaders. like you could only invade if the other person was ringing the coop bell, and I think the host could just kill the bell maiden before she found an invader to connect. actual pvp in bloodborne was the only time it was ever fun for me since it's more aggressive, but it wasn't worth the effort really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Goddamn you motherfuckers won't even believe but the Lucerne is a pvp murder machine.

Least, way too many newbies don't know what to do with its moveset. But I'm wrecking folks, I may just go ahead and max out this covenant tonight.

The vertical swing has a real hosed up hitbox, combined with basically any lag and you can't miss.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

who supplies the shrine handmaid with the toxic poop, i need the lore

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

she uses the posts from this thread as the base

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Nuebot posted:

Speaking of second phases though, I was totally expecting Wolnir to bust out a giant sword or something and go nuts when I broke his bling. That fight was over super, super fast.

He does exactly that after you break the first 2 bracelets. You probably finished the fight too fast for him to do it or stunned him out of it.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Manatee Cannon posted:

she uses the posts from this thread as the base

when do i start getting royalties

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CJacobs posted:

He does exactly that after you break the first 2 bracelets. You probably finished the fight too fast for him to do it or stunned him out of it.

Oh. Well maybe he shouldn't have sucked and died then.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Is Darkdrift any good? The weapon skill sounds fun for loving with shield babies.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

For the first time I've been splitting str/Dex pretty much right down the middle. I'm pretty much at the end. Was kind of wondering if I should maybe commit to one or the other before finishing up. Is it generally considered a bad build to do that? I don't feel particularly under powered but I've never really spread my stats put like that before.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I... I just accidently threw a fireball at the handmaiden at firelink and killed her, am I totally boned until NG+? alt+f4 didn't save her.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I... I just accidently threw a fireball at the handmaiden at firelink and killed her, am I totally boned until NG+? alt+f4 didn't save her.

If it's anything like the previous games she will respawn.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If ya'll are looking for one-on-one duels, the Crucifixion woods is hot stuff right now for lowish levels.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

the fire keeper, andre, and shrine handmaid all respawn when you reload the area

i think andre gets upset with you though and you might need to fix your sin

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah, she respawns talking about the undead curse, but that there is no longer a use for timidity and she'll have me for all I'm worth.

20% price hike for killing her.

Bikini Quilt
Jul 28, 2013
This is maybe a dumb question, but I can't figure out what I'm missing - (end of game spoilers) I can't put Lothric's cinders on his throne. All the others I was able to just walk up and sit on the throne, but I don't get a prompt for his and I can't figure out how to progress. Do I need to kill Ludleth or something?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I beat Nameless King :)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Yeah, she respawns talking about the undead curse, but that there is no longer a use for timidity and she'll have me for all I'm worth.

20% price hike for killing her.

Lol that's kind of a funny way for them to handle it.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

argondamn posted:

Pate was innocent.

wrong, creighton is the true innocent one

pate is just a cheeky prick

Harrow posted:

Darkmoon Blade covenant just gave me the best Souls PVP experience of my life.

I got summoned into a world where the host had two phantoms and was invaded by two invaders. I killed one of them immediately--he tried to Farron breakdance me and I caught him out of it and killed him in three hits. Then another invaded and I killed him. Then I started fighting the original invader while the host and his two co-op phantoms hosed off to go do PvE. And then another phantom invaded. The host and his co-op pals were long gone so it turned into a 2-on-1 and I loving won. I came out of a single Darkmoon Blade summon with five Proofs of a Concord Kept.

I owe it all to the Astora Greatsword. Thanks, Astora Greatsword!

the charge weapon art is extremely effective. if someone has never seen it before it is 100% a free kill

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

bloodborne was kind of at a disadvantage because the way invasions worked were really bad for the invaders. like you could only invade if the other person was ringing the coop bell, and I think the host could just kill the bell maiden before she found an invader to connect. actual pvp in bloodborne was the only time it was ever fun for me since it's more aggressive, but it wasn't worth the effort really

There were areas with bell maidens pre-spawned too, though. I solo'd BB the whole way but was invaded multiple times in one area because of the bell maidens ehich took some time to find/reach.

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.
I really really love the estoc and have poked many invaders to death with it in a prolonged and violent flurry. Is this a Non Optimal Opinion and if so which weapon should i be aiming to get to replace it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Angelwolf posted:

There were areas with bell maidens pre-spawned too, though. I solo'd BB the whole way but was invaded multiple times in one area because of the bell maidens ehich took some time to find/reach.

there were three (nightmare frontier, nightmare of mensis, and mergo's loft iirc), each with one bell maiden. if you killed the maiden, she never respawned and the only way to get pvp stuff from then on was to ring the coop bell

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Cheatum the Evil Midget posted:

I really really love the estoc and have poked many invaders to death with it in a prolonged and violent flurry. Is this a Non Optimal Opinion and if so which weapon should i be aiming to get to replace it

The estoc has always been and still is one of the best pvp weapons.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Cheatum the Evil Midget posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW2B3P3A_30

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
With a pyromancer, am I going to want to use chaos infusions or raw infusion and then buff with flaming weapon?
Having a hard time figuring out some new weapons to try, really wish I could buy infusion gems from a vendor.

Narrowing my weapon choices down to astora greatsword, thrall axe, estoc, a whip and lothric knight spear or any decent spear.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Fereydun posted:

wrong, creighton is the true innocent one

pate is just a cheeky prick

the charge weapon art is extremely effective. if someone has never seen it before it is 100% a free kill

pate never lied.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

This is fairly on-point.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I tell you... the epitome of the best and worst things about Dark Souls are (for me) summed up in Farron Keep.

It's the same thing, too.

That feeling of "oh poo poo, it will nag me to the day I die that I may have missed a ton of poo poo in that crazy area..."

and

"Holy poo poo there is so much to explore here! That is awesome!"

[edit] Also I am at Farron Keep and I have only ever found ONE Illusory Wall. I am certain I must have missed a ton.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The best illusion wall in the game is in Farron

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Babe Magnet posted:

The best illusion wall in the game is in Farron

WHEEEEEEEEREEEE?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The giant archer remembers being your friend across NG+ :3

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

there were three (nightmare frontier, nightmare of mensis, and mergo's loft iirc), each with one bell maiden. if you killed the maiden, she never respawned and the only way to get pvp stuff from then on was to ring the coop bell

I feel like Bloodborne really just wanted invasions to be in the background. Sometimes I wonder why they even bothered with invasions outside of the few parts where you are supposed to get invaded.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Feenix posted:

WHEEEEEEEEREEEE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPSqtnYTnkk

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
If I unequip a covenant item, do I lose the progress I've made in hat covenant vis-a-vis turning in items?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

If I unequip a covenant item, do I lose the progress I've made in hat covenant vis-a-vis turning in items?

no

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It took a lot of grinding, but I can now use Morne's Great Hammer (50 STR 30 FTH) and I haven't even entered Farron Keep :shepicide: It's probably going to be worse than my upgraded Greataxe but a gimmick run is a gimmick run.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Songbearer posted:

I'm not a good PVPman at the best of times, but out of about 30 attempts I've won two fights. Don't get me wrong, I've had some close calls, but more often than not I can't make a scratch on the enemy.

It's me, the guy who still hasn't used anything other than the starting sword, with 1100 health who you can't hit.

I feel like most of the time, when I lose a fight, it's because of something dumb that I did (either getting greedy or impatient), as opposed to something clever/smart they did.

My current stupid gimmick is to use the rings that increase damage/absorption at full health, and starting the fight with less than full health. Hit em a few times, fall back, chug a lug, then 5 shot them and feel mega :smug:

There's no way I'll ever be bothered to edit this, but if you don't mind clicking through, here's a solid ~hour thirty of killing summoners/summoning noobs (so like 3 actual fights). At one point I half-fool someone with the phantom ring, and later on I turn into a chair and sneak up rrrright behind dude.

Oh, you know what? If you want easy frags, just fire up the easy gank oven! (I was 'playing with my food' here, I must have killed this guy 3 or 4 times before he stopped putting signs down.), but AFAIK they have to drop down there

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

with 40 endurance and a couple of rings i can attack 9 or 10 times with the longsword without being winded

that's too much, i bet ng+ isn't even a challenge like this

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

honestly the best miracles are the buffs so I'd stick with a different infusion
I do already have the dark and lightning damage buffs, and I just joined the Darkmoon Covenant. What Infusion should I go with instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I have a twisted addicted to PvP now. I was on a losing streak for about five fights and it was starting to really bug me but I just killed two in a row and it's like

oh god yeah I'm fuckin' jonesin'